Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It was all a mass conspiracy and here's how it went down
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 878

It was all a mass conspiracy and here's how it went down

Aug 26, 2005, 2:10 AM

Coots say probation is all Tenn & Clemson's fault

Reference this article:

http://www.southcarolina.scout.com/2/429088.html

Yes Gamecock fans.

We admit it.

It was ALL a mass conspiracy.

A double secret meeting was held at the Esso club sometime in the early 90's.

People in attendance were Tommy West, Phil Fulmer, Becky Bowman, Bobby Bowden, Brad Scott, Tommy Bowden, and Terry Don Phillips.

Summary of the meeting is as follows:

Tommy West knows already that he is in over head and won't be able to hold the head coach position long at Clemson.

Bobby Bowden knows that his team will probably win the National Championship - thus propelling Offensive Coordinator Brad Scott to a head coaching position.

Tommy Bowden wants the head coaching job at Clemson but needs to position himself.

Head coaches Tommy West, Bobby Bowden, and Phil Fulmer give Tommy Bowden the perfect playbook that will propel ANY team to a PERFECT SEASON - which will make him a viable candidate for Clemson job.

Tommy West, again, knowing that he is in over his head, agrees to put together 4 medicore seasons, culminating in a 3-8 season in '98 to coincide perfectly with the younger Bowden's perfect season at Tulane.

Meanwhile, Bobby and Brad, scheming to make the road at Clemson as easy on Tommy Bowden as possble, put together a plan to further decimate the ever feeble South Carolina Gamecock Football team. By doing this they will ensure that Tommy Bowden will have a long tenure at Clemson, because a win over the Gamecocks at the end of each year will go along way if the season is medicore.

Bobby knows that Brad will be offered the Gamecock job if the seminoles win the National Championship - so he rolls one off just to keep the plan in motion.

Brad, ever mindful of who is pulling the strings here, stretched his Gamecock tenure just long enough to devoid the program of all talent. It is a hard pill for Brad to swallow knowing that he will be taking a huge pay cut by going from head coach to assistant. But he does it all in blind loyalty to the Bowden clan.

Tommy Bowden, now the coach at Tulane, calls West at Clemson and tells him to put his 3-8 season into action. He calls Brad Scott at South Carolina and tells him, make sure you go 1-10 this year. He also comforts him and lets him know he will be hired at Clemson following his termination by the Gamecocks.

Now all that's left is for Tommy Bowden to go 12-0 at Tulane. He pulls out the "perfect playbook" (previosly provided at the Esso club double secret meeting) and rattles off a perfect season. This positions him for the Clemson job.

An intricate part of the plan, (and in fact this is the sheer brilliance of it all) is that Bobby Bowden, Phil Fulmer, and co are able to see several coaches ahead in the future.

Knowing that South Carolina will be devastated after the Brad Scott debacle, they can predict with unbelievable precision the eventual resignation of Lou Holtz at Notre Dame. By now, Lou should be ready to coach again and Bobby knows that Holtz and McGee are good friends. Bobby deduces with Columbo-like accuracy that McGee will hire Holtz.

This is where Fulmer comes in. As planned, Fulmer will back off of a yet to be determined "big name recruit" and immediately cry foul to his buddies at the NCAA. Bobby and Phil, seeing years into the future, know that Holtz is dirty and a call by Fulmer to the officials will turn up some dirt.

So:

FSU wins Title
SC hires Brad
TB goes undefeated at Tulane
West goes 3-8 at Clemson and gets canned
Brad goes 1-10 at SC and gets canned
Clemson hires TB
TB hires Brad
SC hires LOU
Fulmer cries foul
Investigation
Probation

I love it when a plan comes together

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its 2:30 in the morning. I'm still waiting on Geno's Mom!!!***

Aug 26, 2005, 2:26 AM

LMAO! That's funny stuff! Should have posted it earlier***

Aug 26, 2005, 2:30 AM

Re: sad...

Aug 26, 2005, 3:49 AM

you would think they would try to write a somewhat professional article, with that website being affiliated with scout... but that was just typical Gamecock nonsense that any idiot over there would post.

Serious and funny read, Thanks :)***

Aug 26, 2005, 2:36 AM

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Flaps? We don't need no stinkin' flaps, let it roll in hard and fast!

I love how whoever wrote this blames the UVa loss on

Aug 26, 2005, 3:10 AM

the whole Derek Watson ordeal. This is pathetic. If I were, I can't believe I'm even thinking this, a Gamecock fan, articles such as this would embarrass me.

If I were a coot fan

Aug 26, 2005, 7:02 AM

that would be embarassing enough!

You must forget, this is the same team that said the only

Aug 26, 2005, 8:55 AM [ in reply to I love how whoever wrote this blames the UVa loss on ]

reason they lost to Alabama in 2001 was b/c the Tide broke out the secret motivational weapon "Remember the Titans" as the team movie the night before the game.

Watson had nothing to do with it (pic)

Aug 26, 2005, 11:21 AM [ in reply to I love how whoever wrote this blames the UVa loss on ]

I think there were other issues that caused them to lose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UVA beat SCU by 13, 34-21 and it was a slap to the face of

Aug 26, 2005, 3:23 AM

SCU, the State of South Carolina, all the good people of The State of South Carolina , and little baby Jesus! I thought Cory Boyd had drug problems but this dude makes Courtney Love look like the Pope! UT and CU orchestrated the greatest fraud in the history of the written word. Maybe UT "let" us win the Peach as payback for the "Sting of the Century"! Where was the 3rd gunmen? In the sewer of Willy B of course! By the way, Lou getting into the Hall of Fame is a bigger travesty of justice than anything that idiot proposed us and UT did to SCU! And lastly, if you can get somebody into school that Fat Fulmer can't, YOU ARE CHEATING!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I had to stop reading at the next to last paragraph...

Aug 26, 2005, 4:01 AM

I almost threw up in my mouth?

"sleeping giant"... wow.

I stopped after the attendees..

Aug 26, 2005, 7:17 AM

Wouldn't it be great to meet the author in person and see the look on his face trying to convince us as we are running on the ground laughing.

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

I imagine it was all engineered by Ben Tillman...

Aug 26, 2005, 5:08 AM

But surely that's how it happened...I mean it couldn't be that they have a lousy program, cheat and STILL have a lousy program, could it?

Or maybe ol' Ben Tillman isn't quite as dead as they'd like him to be.

I stand in awe that that scheme's brilliance!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mass 'exodus' of Lou...pass some holy water please.***

Aug 26, 2005, 6:50 AM

Isnt it ironic

Aug 26, 2005, 7:01 AM

that one of the violations is Hodges on the sidelines for a game?

Now follow this folks..

what game?
2001 Florida @ Coots.

the Florida coach?

Steve Spurrier.

Now, who is a self admitted whistle blower?

Yup, the sack himself.

as the song goes..

"isnt it ironic, don't ya think?"
He might have himself just cost him 4 scollys.

Interesting how in the EARLY 90s

Aug 26, 2005, 7:14 AM

Brad Scott was their coach
Tommy Bowden was an assistant at Auburn
TDP wasn't an AD

I love how they incriminate themselves. ALl we have to do is sit back and let them!

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Great stuff!***

Aug 26, 2005, 7:15 AM

You forgot about ...

Aug 26, 2005, 7:51 AM

Tenn. laying down in the Peach Bowl for payback to Clemson.

Don't forget Strep Throat...

Aug 26, 2005, 8:03 AM

the shadowy figure lurking in the parking garage in downtown Cootlumbia who fed all the inside info to The Bowdens. Some say it is one of the many disgruntled ex-presidents of uSuC, or an ex-coach forced out due to inappropriate behavior, or.... ;^)
GO TIGERS!!!!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mr. Gallo...

Aug 26, 2005, 8:12 AM

...what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Replies: 19
| visibility 878
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic