Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Florence Morning News now on usc
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,186

Florence Morning News now on usc

Aug 4, 2005, 10:15 AM

USC on speedy path to winning
SAM BUNDY
Morning News
Thursday, August 4, 2005

Let’s say you’re packing to play football at South Carolina this fall.

Here’s a checklist.

Anabolic steroids. Check.
A fifth of liquor. Check.
A case of beer. Check.
Cocaine. Check.
LSD. Check.
Ecstasy. Check.
Weed. Check.

And one of those big family-size bags of Doritos. You know, for when you get those “munchies.” Check.
Of course, the only thing on the list you can legally put in your body are the Doritos.

But, hey, what are the odds you’ll get caught using any of the illegal stuff anyway?

And if you do get nabbed by a positive test, don’t sweat it, Holmes. Under a new drug testing policy put on the books at USC this week, you can test positive four times before you’re kicked off the team.
That’s right, bro. FOUR TIMES.

Apparently, Steve Spurrier’s team slogan has gone from #### and Fire to #### and Fire One Up.
So bring it on, dude. Get ready to take some hard hits on the field, and some heavenly hits off the field, if you smell what the ol’ ball coach is cookin’.

OK. OK. So, we’re exaggerating just a tad.

But then again, what is the message Spurrier and the Gamecocks are sending?

“I just think we ought to be in line with other conference schools, simple as that,” Spurrier was saying on Tuesday. “Not any easier, not any harder, just right in line with what most state universities do.”

What Spurrier means is the Gamecocks can’t beat the big dogs of the SEC without a few athletically-gifted potheads on the field.

If a Tennessee Vol can get crunked before game day with little repercussion, then a Gamecock should be afforded the same opportunity.

And here’s how he thinks drug testing should be handled:

First positive test = a warning and regular testing for a year.
Second positive = a two- or three-game suspension.
Third positive = a one-year suspension, but player will be allowed to remain on scholarship and practice with the team.
Fourth positive = (drum roll, please) dismissal from the team.

Four strikes and you’re out? Maybe Demetris Summers — the talented tailback reportedly dismissed after his sophomore year for twice testing positive — should have red-shirted after all.
Under the new rules, it’s a good guess he’d still be carrying the rock — ummm, make that the football — for South Carolina this season.

Look. Major college football and its way of conducting business for “student-athletes” has become laughable.
It’s a world where kids are allowed to skate on offenses that would get you and I condemned by our employers, neighbors and maybe even our own families.

Don’t believe it? Let a little cocaine or marijuana show up in your cup and then gauge the reaction.
The difference is you and I can’t win football games for a university. We aren’t making a school millions of dollars, and thus we aren’t usually worth a second, third or fourth chance.

Nonetheless, this is what the Gamecock nation has been forever longing for. A coach like Spurrier who knows what it takes to beat the Miamis and Florida States of the world.

And who knows? The wins just might come one of these years.

At what cost, though, is anybody’s guess.

Let us know what you think of this story | Send us a letter to the editor

This story can be found at: http://www.morningnewsonline.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=FMN%2FMGArticle%2FFMN_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031784247889&path=!sports

Go Back

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, Flo-Mo news ain't skeered!***

Aug 4, 2005, 10:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone who knows Sam "boom boom" Bundy knows that

Aug 4, 2005, 10:31 AM

he's not skeered to speak his mind on anything.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Suprisingly funny...

Aug 4, 2005, 10:43 AM

I use to think the guy was a coot, especially after his piece that he wrote after the violations at USC came out and he had a "whats the big deal" approach.

3rd offense... suspension for a year and they can practice with the team. Kinda makes me think we now know what Boyd did.

Uh oh

Aug 4, 2005, 10:32 AM

Its boycott time again

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

wow... LOL***

Aug 4, 2005, 10:34 AM

Congratulations, Sam Bundy...you just made the FGF hit list.

Aug 4, 2005, 10:37 AM

You will now experience: Death threats, having your phone number and personal information posted on the web, being signed up for #### spam, having your VM box and e-mail inbox filled with barely comprehendable veiled threats.

Enjoy!

I'd take the punishment for him if I could, way to go Sam!!!***

Aug 4, 2005, 10:42 AM

Re: haha... its amazing they call us garbage..

Aug 4, 2005, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Congratulations, Sam Bundy...you just made the FGF hit list. ]

it is well known that is exactly what they do to people they arent fond of. A week ago they were demanding they have the list of names of the coaches that signed the petition to boycott Spurrier. They were actually encouraging people to send the guys emails... amazing.

Wasn't it someone on here....

Aug 4, 2005, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Congratulations, Sam Bundy...you just made the FGF hit list. ]

Wasn't it someone on here that would call and emails people's boss' telling them they would be posting on tigernet? Dont know why that is in question form, i know it was.

No idea. But ask the guy from Winston Salem what happens

Aug 4, 2005, 10:54 AM

when you write an article critical of Carowhina. He knows first hand.

Re: Florence Morning News now on usc

Aug 4, 2005, 10:43 AM

There is a new opening in the athletic department at USUC.
They have a desperate need for an experienced bongwater boy.

1 mistake - Spurrier does not know what it takes to beat FSU

Aug 4, 2005, 10:49 AM

He never could figure that one out but that's ok....
They aren't in the SEC so they don't matter :)

OMG this quote was funny!

Aug 4, 2005, 10:54 AM

"Apparently, Steve Spurrier’s team slogan has gone from #### and Fire to #### and Fire One Up.
So bring it on, dude. Get ready to take some hard hits on the field, and some heavenly hits off the field, if you smell what the ol’ ball coach is cookin’".

USC slogan is not #### and Fire but "#### and Fire One Up"

Aug 4, 2005, 11:02 AM

Now that is funny!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,186
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic