Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This Coot backs Dabo 100%, I'm "All In" agreement
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

This Coot backs Dabo 100%, I'm "All In" agreement

Apr 17, 2014, 9:01 AM

with how he uses his Christian belief to guide how he coaches.

Sadly, too many kids today grow up with little or no positive male role models. Coaches at all levels often help to fill this void.

Keep doing all that you are doing Dabo, this is something many/most Tigers and Gamecocks can agree on!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this ReallyJoelShaw or has his account been hacked? ;)***

Apr 17, 2014, 9:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's me, it's me (as Ernest T. Bass might say) :-D ****

Apr 17, 2014, 9:31 AM

I won't call you a Creachture !***

Apr 17, 2014, 10:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is this ReallyJoelShaw or has his account been hacked? ;)***

Apr 17, 2014, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Is this ReallyJoelShaw or has his account been hacked? ;)*** ]

Was thinking same thing, but pointed it anyway:)

This is the most points you've ever gotten in a post isn't

Apr 17, 2014, 9:44 AM

it?

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Yes if you mean thumbs UP points! :-O :-D *****

Apr 17, 2014, 9:53 AM

oh lawrd i just agreed with a coot. i feel dirty.

Apr 17, 2014, 10:52 AM

;)

Haha! Point for calling yourself a coot.

Apr 17, 2014, 10:55 AM

Awesome man, just awesome.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: This is long, but its the truth!!!

Apr 17, 2014, 12:24 PM

I'm a Christian myself now. But before I turn to Jesus, I didn't won't anybody, family members, friends, absolutely no one preaching to me about God, Jesus, Heaven, or H&ll. That was actually the best way I knew for anyone to keep me away from them b/c I would shut them out. The reason for that I guess, I knew what would be expected of me if I was a Christian, and I didn't want any part of that. I knew that I couldn't do what I believed was the best part of my life. I wanted to be able to go out drinking, smoking, and whoring around. That was the things that a good Christian people didn't do, and without the bad things, life to me would have been so boring. I refused to see a reason for living if those bad things wasn't in my life. I would tell people that I was an Atheist, and that the God thing and the Bible was just a game to try and keep most of society in check. But a time came in my life when I really needed a miracle b/c the Doctors told me that Hepatitis C was killing me, and that I was on a 2 year or less plan. I was Scared to death of dying, and I had already knew that something inside of me wasn't right. My peepee had already smelled rotten every time I use the toilet, and my doodoo was a different multi color everyday. I knew that I was on the less than two year plan. The doctors ask me if I wanted to start the treatment that they had at that time, and that only 5% of those people that went through that treatment for 6 months survived or was cured. I said no b/c the treatment was awful on you, and I didn't want to be sick to death before the liver damage started getting me sick to death. Anyway, the day that I refused the normal treatment. My ride home was nothing but crying and praying. I asked God forgiveness for everything bad I could think of that I had done for 50 something years. And things that I never thought of anymore was visual in my mind, a lot of things. I got home and me and my wife cried and prayed some more. I was crying while telling my neighbor I didn't have much time left. My neighbor is a Christian man, and he prayed for me. And the door that he had been trying to open for years, was now open he figured. He invited me again to come to his church for the next couple of months. Then one Saturday I ask my wife if she would go to church with me, and we went the next Sunday. It was OK, I didn't feel nothing special. We went the next Sunday also b/c I figured I would ride it out there until I died and my wife would have a preacher to bury me that we knew. The next Wednesday my neighbor and the preacher shows up at my house, and the preacher was talking to me about the Hepatitis C. And out of no where here come that question, the preacher ask me if I was to die that day if I thought I would go to Heaven. I said I didn't think so even though I had been praying an awful lot. He then ask if I wanted to be save in the name of Jesus Christ, and you got to know I said oh yes. Me and my wife both repeated the sinners prayer with the preacher. Honestly, I didn't feel nothing really special with that either. I really didn't, but I did feel a little better about it. A few weeks after starting going to the church every Sunday service, and some Sunday nights and Wednesday nights. On one Sunday service, I was setting there just a praying to myself, and I didn't know what the preacher was preaching about. But while I was praying and going over all my confessions to God again and asking for forgiveness, call it what ever, but I call it the spirit of Jesus going through me like a train. Tears started flooding down my face, the current running through my body so hard that it was a struggle to stay in my seat and not start screaming and yelling out Jesus name apologizing for how wrong I had lived my life to that point. I have never even to this day ever felt what I felt that day in that seat, NEVER. The feeling was uncontrollable, and the most amazing feeling I've ever felt in my life went through my entire body. It was so hard that it felt like it should have been painful but it didn't hurt. I became a Christian that day at New Life Baptist Church, and it fits better everyday. Moving along. Duke had developed a new hepatitis C treatment that my Dr. ask if I would enter the blind study on the drug, and I jumped on it. In a blind study only a couple of people at Duke knew who was actually getting the new drug for 6 months. About a month after taking the new drug, I told my doctor that I thought that the drug was working, and that it had already cured me. He laughed and told me to keep up the positive thoughts. When the study was over my DR called me in and told me that it was good news. He said that Duke's Lab reports showed that there wasn't a trace of the Hep C virus in my body after the 3d week blood vile was tested. But nobody had known that until my blood had been tested after the 6 month trial was over, but I knew. And nooooooo body can ever convince me that there isn't a real live God in Heaven b/c I know there is. God had already put me in that trial way before anybody knew that I would be even ask....

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Thanks for sharing****

Apr 17, 2014, 1:00 PM

Apr 17, 2014, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: This is long, but its the truth!!! ]

Allorange, thank you for sharing my brother! I enjoy hearing how people came into relationship with Christ! It seems like early on there's always some amazing story of a healing or blessing...almost like God wants to let us know he's there and in control!

I lost my Dad at 13 and my mother right after high school leaving me without any family. I was not raised in church but I picked up a Bible at 19 y/o and what I read made sense. I asked Jesus into my life one night alone in my bedroom, not because of church, a friend or pressure from anyone. My conviction was from God's word and the Holy Spirit. (It was awesome!)

I then started attending Church and one night there was a call for prayer. I was diabetic and the preacher asked if I believed God could heal me. I said yes and was prayed for...well I felt nothing and returned to my seat.

Well here's why I'm sharing this, you said you felt the Spirit going through you like a train....I've been there!!
I went back to my seat and suddenly it was like I was on fire and plugged into an electric outlet!! You used uncontrollable to describe what you experienced...spot on brother! I did jump out of my seat and I was a shy kid back then! I was excited, frightened and not sure what was happening!

Long story short...I went to my family doctor the next day. I asked for a full glucose tolerance test and didn't tell him why. I said I'd explain it after the results were in. That night at 6 pm he calls and says my results were perfect! I shared my story and he said as my doctor he couldn't say I was healed...but as my friend and a Christian, he would say I should thank God because in his opinion, I'd received a miracle!

That was twenty some years ago and I'm still as healthy as can be! We serve an awesome God! :)

Great stuff! My story very similar so both testimonies

Apr 17, 2014, 1:52 PM

near and dear to me. Thanks for sharing!

Love it when God decides to reveal Himself to the world!

Praise Jesus! He is risen and alive!

Celebrate!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brother... I have felt what you felt and

Apr 17, 2014, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Re: This is long, but its the truth!!! ]

Know you speak the truth!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am a bitter and angry man.

Apr 17, 2014, 9:50 PM [ in reply to Re: This is long, but its the truth!!! ]

Thanks for that post! I really hope that you will continue to share that powerful testimony with others as proof of a life changed. Lots of people need to hear of your journey because they are still in that uncertain place.

Apr 18, 2014, 7:03 PM

My wife's brother that had a double lung transplant, triple heart by pass a few months ago will give you chills and is a much better testimony of how our Father opens the eyes of even the non believers. The doctors at Duke even said that a much higher power than them took over David's recovery after they had already gave up and said that he would never leave the hospital b/c they couldn't keep his lungs from filling up with fluid even after they went back and put stints in his lungs and his organs were shutting down. Once an organ shuts down for 48 hours, the chances of the restarting are slim to none. His kidney's started back working on their own after 3 weeks. He was on Dialysis everyday for a week, and then every two days for two weeks when they started back working on their own. And I promise you we did some praying to get him back. I just talked to him on the phone the other day, and he is home and doing well praise God Amen.

Please take the time to read this!***

Apr 18, 2014, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Re: This is long, but its the truth!!! ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coots are going To Burn in the Lake of Fire!***

Apr 17, 2014, 7:02 PM

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic