Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Danny Ford hit the nail on the head....,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 64
| visibility 1

Danny Ford hit the nail on the head....,

Dec 14, 2013, 5:23 PM

No one over at Clemson seems to get near as upset at losing to South Carolina as they should. Five losses in a row is tough to swallow for those of us who can't stand losing to them. Meanwhile no one is held accountable and the focus becomes an Orange Bowl that you backed into and somehow it all gets swept under the rug. Come spring meetings some joke will be made about it when they are digging into donor pockets and next year will be the same. Danny was being a gentleman with his comments but it seemed to bother him more than any coach or administrator at Clemson when he said a ten win season and a loss to Carolina would have made for a bad off season.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dabo is planning his, carolina is in north carolina and

Dec 14, 2013, 5:27 PM

USC is in cali speech.... that worked so well

it's funny to read on this page that some just don't care because we beat el cid, SCSt and GT and the tailgating was fun, then they laugh at coot fans for celebrating.

kind of like baseball, every yr we put omaha on caps do our best to get there, but when coots win it all, it's not really a championship

go figure

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: dabo is planning his, carolina is in north carolina and

Dec 14, 2013, 5:29 PM

sigh. good old broken record graphic.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good old broken dero... adding nothing to the convo***

Dec 14, 2013, 5:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: good old broken dero... adding nothing to the convo***

Dec 14, 2013, 5:32 PM

dude what do you add. senseless drivel not worthy of anything but laughter and sadness all at once.

like I said...NOTHING***

Dec 14, 2013, 5:33 PM

Danny Ford thinks like I do***

Dec 14, 2013, 9:03 PM [ in reply to Re: dabo is planning his, carolina is in north carolina and ]

That was more embarrassing than the FSU 5/10 comment.

Dec 15, 2013, 6:18 AM [ in reply to dabo is planning his, carolina is in north carolina and ]

Coots want Dabo to get a lifetime contract. What does that tell you?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Coots said the same thing about Tommy Bowden and he

Dec 15, 2013, 3:30 PM

absolutely owned them!

All that proves is that the coots are idiots!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Re: You know, he is probably right but he needs to put a lid

Dec 14, 2013, 5:28 PM

on it sometimes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. Love Danny. But he needs to keep it to himself.***

Dec 14, 2013, 5:54 PM

Re: I agree. Love Danny. But he needs to keep it to himself.

Dec 14, 2013, 5:59 PM

Uhh _ _ _ _ _/. Stunned silence

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he's talking about Dabo.***

Dec 15, 2013, 6:18 AM [ in reply to I agree. Love Danny. But he needs to keep it to himself.*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why? Once again the truth hurts?

Dec 14, 2013, 5:58 PM [ in reply to Re: You know, he is probably right but he needs to put a lid ]

funny, fans scream for DF to be included, then when he speaks the truth, he should go back to the farm

dabo is a 8 win season from being on a serious hot seat, especially if it includes ANOTHER loss to the coots

Sad that some people ONLY count the UCS game.

Dec 14, 2013, 6:29 PM

Got a feeling that they are the ones that gave the coots grief all those years Clemson won and now are reaping what they sowed by getting the payback.

so clemson DESERVES losing to the coots?

Dec 14, 2013, 6:40 PM

I was told we never lost to them.. now it has happened 5 times in a row...FIVE!

Who said we never lost to them and why did you believe

Dec 14, 2013, 6:43 PM

them? There's the problem.

of course we lost, but you didn't count it because it only

Dec 14, 2013, 6:45 PM

happen once every 2-4 yrs... if that

today y'all accept it and move on.

Who the hell "accepts" it. And what are the options other

Dec 14, 2013, 10:12 PM

than moving on? Please explain.

Sure the vast majority of people move on. First the result

Dec 14, 2013, 11:08 PM [ in reply to of course we lost, but you didn't count it because it only ]

isn't going to change. Second there are way more important things in life to be concerned with and that you can affect.

Nah, I'd rather lose to sucky NC State, GT and Duke teams

Dec 14, 2013, 10:11 PM [ in reply to so clemson DESERVES losing to the coots? ]

and lose our valid chances at national championships that way. You do realize,the years DANNY FORD was losing those games we were much closer to a MNC contender from a talent standpoint, right? And you do know the coots sucked most of those years too, right?

Perspective is a good thing.

What game matters more? A weak ACC game?

Dec 15, 2013, 6:20 AM [ in reply to Sad that some people ONLY count the UCS game. ]

Cause were not going to be winning ACC titles anymore. FSU is back.

I would take what Danny says

Dec 14, 2013, 6:34 PM [ in reply to Re: You know, he is probably right but he needs to put a lid ]

in public versus Dabo EVERY single time. Dabo has made some of the worst, most stupid comments I've ever heard, which would be more tolerable if they were due to coach-speak or just bad timing.

Danny is not just talking about this staff, he is talking about the entire Clemson fan base. Seems like a huge contingent don't care how many we lose to the Dirt Peckers as long we keep on whipping those brutal ACC teams, sans FSU.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really? I haven't seen anyone that doesn't care about it.

Dec 14, 2013, 7:11 PM

But maybe if we all get really mad now the game will turn out different next year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are exactly what I'm talking about

Dec 14, 2013, 9:00 PM

Love the loser mentality bus will ride without me. Oh I forgot, they're really good now so it's OK. But boy, those wins over WFU and NCSU have got me fired up. Bring on the Noles.............well, nevermind.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe Danny has earned the right to say what he wants...

Dec 15, 2013, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Re: You know, he is probably right but he needs to put a lid ]

HE GETS IT! Real FB coach there!!

It is much more productive to stew over a loss

Dec 14, 2013, 5:28 PM

than to prepare for the next game. I think we should have turned down the Orange Bowl game, fired the entire coaching staff, and cut all the players. That would have really shown some accountability for the loss.

Re: It is much more productive to stew over a loss

Probably should have done all but the last item on your list!

I know right

Dec 14, 2013, 5:37 PM

I always say if you want to improve recruiting you need to fire coaches as often as possible. Tennessee had the right model of running a program with with Fulmer - Kiffin - Dooley - Jones model. Also, turning down national exposure and millions of dollars is the best way to run a football program. I'm wondering why you aren't in a decision making role for the University.

that's not at all what I heard him saying...

Dec 14, 2013, 5:29 PM

you forgot about the part where he shows confidence in the program & says that he knows will start beating them again.

Re: that's not at all what I heard him saying...maynext year

should be "die hard " year. free admission to anyone alive the last time we actually beat them. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that's not at all what I heard him saying...

Dec 14, 2013, 5:40 PM [ in reply to that's not at all what I heard him saying... ]

No what he said was they will beat them when they get ready to!! Responses like what we see here show how tolerant the fan base has become to losing to the Gamecocks. Frankly I am sick of losing to them and wish it hurt others like me.

Dec 14, 2013, 5:52 PM

The fan base, it does hurt. For me, any loss hurts.

Most people are getting pissed because it seems like the staff and players don't seem as hurt as they should be after a loss. There definitely needs to be a change in attitude if that's the case or else things are gonna get worse before they get better.

Dec 14, 2013, 9:30 PM

What should they do wear sackcloth and ashes?
Wail and gnash their teeth? Dwell on it so much
that it will cause a lost the next game or two?

Dec 15, 2013, 3:44 AM [ in reply to Re: that's not at all what I heard him saying... ]

Serious question. Why does it hurt so bad? They have a dang good team at the moment and things will change. But why does it hurt so bad? Please don't give me the I won't understand if you have to explain it. What is it that bothers you so much despite all the success our program is having right now? With all due respect, did you give Gamecock fans grief when we we're whipping them all the time and now pay back is no fun? I've had many conversations with their fans and because I have always been respectful to them, they've been the same towards me. So what is the cause of the hurt?

I don't like it personally and it sticks with me for few days and then life reminds me of what's important. And it's not just you obviously. Way too many folks, not the trolls but true fans are feeling this way.

That was the heart of the article I read. Figured I must

Dec 14, 2013, 6:32 PM [ in reply to that's not at all what I heard him saying... ]

have missed the other one.

We will start beating them again when Dabo Swinney is fired.***

Dec 15, 2013, 6:21 AM [ in reply to that's not at all what I heard him saying... ]

here...send these to Dabo.....

Dec 14, 2013, 5:41 PM

maybe he'll get the picture...

Poor kid with the backwards hand ...***

Dec 15, 2013, 3:19 AM

Try to put the palm of your right hand against your chest, and have the thumb be at the bottom. It's dang near impossible.

And while we're at it ... doesn't Connor Shaw's head sorta look like a thumb?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yadda , yadda , yadda

Dec 14, 2013, 5:42 PM

If you're gonna quote Ford while you continue to whine like a b!tch, use the whole quote and not just what fits your message.
He said it hurts, makes for a bad off season,it will turn, these USuC's best year ever all the while saying that THIS staff had Clemson back to where it's supposed to be.

Again, just don't pick and choose , use his whole quote.

Re: yadda , yadda , yadda

Dec 14, 2013, 5:44 PM

You are picking and choosing my friend.

Ford's right. That game makes or breaks a season.***

Dec 15, 2013, 6:23 AM [ in reply to yadda , yadda , yadda ]

Funny, I didn't hear Danny saying what you heard him

Dec 14, 2013, 5:43 PM

saying.

I get it. You like Danny better than Dabo. But how do you know Dabo doesn't have just as bad an off season as Danny for any SCar loss?

Are you a Gamecock? nail on the head???***

Dec 14, 2013, 5:47 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So what would you have them do to

Dec 14, 2013, 5:51 PM

Coach Swinney? Fire him? Really that makes a lot of sense right now........... What is your answer?

You people kill me this is the third best run in school history and you can't be happy......... The worst thing for this program is stupid fans.........

Let's look at the best two runs in school history.... 1st '81,82' and 83' ..... 12, 9-1-1, and 9-1-1 with losses to UGA and BC and ties to the same school..... Then '87,'88,89' and 90'..... The 87' 10-2 with a loss to USC and NCState, the '88 team with a loss to FSU and NCState, The 89' team loss to NCState and Duke..... The '90 team loss to GaTech and UVA.........

Then the last three years.......... 2011, 2012, and 2013........... So lets enjoy this run and hope it last much longer than 4 years and the win over USC start in 2014................

everyone talks about dabos record

Dec 14, 2013, 6:22 PM

best record etc.

Its a bs record
who gives a crap if we beat a bunch of weak acc teams
Anybody checked the record of 8 or 9 of those teams we beat

my goodness, look at us. we beat a bunch of teams like weak forest.

who cares?

Re: everyone talks about dabos record

Dec 14, 2013, 6:30 PM

well it beats not beating them like Bowden used to but you're right it isnt murder's row or anything

Its a better ACC from to bottom than at any point, and its

Dec 14, 2013, 10:50 PM [ in reply to everyone talks about dabos record ]

the same one where Danny Ford lost to FAR INFERIOR teams. What Clemson team are you referring to?

Facts. They are good.

I could never figure out why Danny was so focused on the

Dec 14, 2013, 6:21 PM

1986 Gator Bowl win over Stanford when his team had been tied at home by a 3-win South Carolina team. It also made for a bad off season when Danny blew a 21-3 lead at home in 1984 and lost 22-21. Why didn't he put on sack cloth and cry through the whole recruiting season. Maybe it was because he was too pissed about losing that 30-14 shocker to Georgia Tech on homecoming in 1989. Ford was a great, great coach, but he wasn't perfect. Fact is he should have had a national championship team in 1989 when he lost to GT and Duke after beating FSU 34-23 and South Carolina 45-0. He had a team in 1988 that beat Oklahoma, but had lost to NC State and allowed puntrooski to happen. We should have played for the national title in 1988 and 1989.

Re: I could never figure out why Danny was so focused on the

Dec 14, 2013, 6:38 PM

If you would rather have this streak over that then there is something really wrong with you and again why the fan base is content with being owned by USC. Sickening really!

USC, only a coot uses that.***

Dec 14, 2013, 11:13 PM

Backed into LOL***

Dec 14, 2013, 6:24 PM

As old school Tiger Fan/Grad..I AM P*SSED about 5 straight!*

Dec 14, 2013, 6:42 PM

GoTiGERS..STOP loosing to Gamec*cks!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell it like it is, Danny.***

Dec 14, 2013, 7:20 PM

Danny will always be the man!

Dec 14, 2013, 9:04 PM

nm

Is it really Dabo's fault?

Dec 14, 2013, 9:39 PM

Is it really Coach Dabo Swinney's fault that Clemson lost to Carolina in 2009? 2010? 2011? 2012? 2013? Oh wait...seems to be a pattern here.

I'm sorry, but did I miss that? Can you paste the comments

Dec 14, 2013, 10:02 PM

you're referring to??

Rivalry games...

Dec 14, 2013, 10:44 PM

Are about emotion and pride, especially for the in-state alumni and residents who have pulled for one team or another their whole lives. It's about pride. But that's not the most important issue here.

Screw the emotion and the hurt feelings of the fans. The essential fact here is that the better team wins more often than not. Results against QUALITY COMPETITION is how you judge your program. That's why a shyatty coach like Tommy Bowden usually beat the coots... BECAUSE BACK THEN THEY SUCKED!!! Since then the coot program has met and surpassed ours. There's no denying that. The repeated results are proof. Wanna beat the coots and stop their idiotic redneck banter? "Caring more about the rivalry" ain't gonna do it. Improve the team. Recruit bigger, tougher, faster players and coach the potential out of them. Then and ONLY then the tide will turn back against the coots. And the embarrassing blowouts in big games will end, too. The FSU loss should pyss you people off a LOT more than the coot loss this year. THAT was our chance to prove we were legit, and we were humiliated instead.

I'm glad Ford believes we're heading in the right direction. I'll keep watching results against quality competition to confirm that assessment. We got a big one coming up in a few weeks.

Message was edited by: Flying Tiger®

Uh no...

Dec 14, 2013, 10:56 PM

Shane, the ACC was terrible this year. It was so bad that Duke was better than VT and Miami.

There were two quality teams in the ACC this year and one average team. FSU was far ahead of us and Duke. The rest of the ACC teams were so bad they're not even worth mentioning. Beating the crap out of them proves little.

Didn't say it was a top notch league, but it was pretty much

Dec 14, 2013, 11:01 PM

the same as it always been. Bowl record quantity proves parity as well. Point is, you can try to dump Swinney's WELL ABOVE CLEMSON AVERAGE seasons on the league, but it's essentially the same league or better (top to bottom) then the one every coach has played, and probably better top to bottom than the one where Danny was losing games to crap opponents and costing us valid chances at the MNC.

Perspective is the word I'm using.

Duke better than VT and Miami and GT and Maryland...

Dec 14, 2013, 11:27 PM

= about the same as it's always been? Dude, are you on crack?

There have been some god-awful ACC's over the years, but this year including Pitt and Syracuse, it was beyond pathetic. I don't know if I've ever seen a worse ACC team than UVA was this year. GT has been eroding for years. Paul Johnson has taken them down the toilet. 2013 ACC was beyond terrible. It was far better when Tommy Bowden was here.

Coupla beers, but not crack.

Dec 14, 2013, 11:31 PM

It was not far better top to bottom when Bowden was here or when Ford was here. Occasionally some flashes in the pan, but never anything like (a similar ratio) of 11 bowl teams for instance. Is there something wrong with Duke being pretty well coached? And this year's Duke team is better than the one that beat a national championship Ford team or the post Miami win Bowden team.

Other than Duke, FSU and Clemson...

Dec 14, 2013, 11:57 PM

What ACC team is better this season than they were on average when Jellyfish Tommy was the head coach here?

Beating the shyatt out of those teams means nothing. We beat one good team this season. We have a shot at one more. I hope we can get that done.

Danny wants USC to beat Wisconsin

Dec 15, 2013, 2:12 PM

His opinion has been voided now.

Any loss at any point should tear up the team/coach

Dec 15, 2013, 3:35 PM

That said, a loss to SC should be no more devastating than a loss to any other team. At the end of the day, a loss to a top-10 team is a loss to a top-10 team, no matter what their jersey happens to say. I'd lose to them every year in exchange for playing in the national title game once every 5 years.

What people should be more concerned about is where we were just a few years ago. We could have a mediocre season with 4-6 losses, and everyone would be happy if we beat SC. Whenever you're in that state, your program is stuck in the mud. I'll take our 10+ yearly wins, significant bowl opponent, and SC loss.

And BTW, I live in this state and have for a while...

Replies: 64
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic