Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know people hate the HBC, but....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 85
| visibility 1

I know people hate the HBC, but....

Nov 27, 2013, 8:26 AM

... I have always liked that kind of confidence-based sarcasm and jabs. It's fun. I hate that it's directed at us, but I have to admit, if he had been hired by Clemson, I'd love this guy's ability to get under the competition's skin. That said, lets beat him like a redheaded stepchild and shut him up for the next 9 months.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: I know people hate the HBC, but....

Nov 27, 2013, 8:39 AM

My Dad played at Clemson and I grew up loving the Tigers and going to every game. My blood runs orange. However, if we ever hired Steve Spurrier it would test my loyalty.
I just think the leaders of programs should act like leaders with class, character, and respect for all opponents. His willingness to take shots at other programs and people show how classless and insecure he is.
You win with class and you lose with class - Spurrier does neither. They'll never ask me of course, but I would never support hiring someone with his personality - I don't care how many games he might win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree! Here at Clemson, you must have some morals AND

Nov 27, 2013, 8:41 AM

integrity before you are even considered!!

Ha, we hired Charlie Pell.***

Nov 27, 2013, 9:54 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

yeah almost 40 years ago***

Nov 27, 2013, 5:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree! Here at Clemson, you must have some morals AND

Nov 27, 2013, 10:50 AM [ in reply to I agree! Here at Clemson, you must have some morals AND ]

Morals and integrity?

The impact of your message may be diminished a tad, given your sig picture is of a clemson player kicking a defenseless person, who is laying face down on the ground, in the head.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Badda Bing***

Nov 27, 2013, 10:52 AM

TADOW!***

Nov 27, 2013, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree! Here at Clemson, you must have some morals AND ]

Nov 28, 2013, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: I agree! Here at Clemson, you must have some morals AND ]

It was a chicken being kicked in the head. Nobody gives that a second thought!!!:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

EXACTLY why I'll never get hired!!!***

Nov 27, 2013, 2:09 PM [ in reply to I agree! Here at Clemson, you must have some morals AND ]

Nov 27, 2013, 3:55 PM [ in reply to I agree! Here at Clemson, you must have some morals AND ]

> integrity before you are even considered!!

yeah, that's it. Spurrier says "we got our butts beat" when describing a loss. Other coaches use the "we didn't play our game approach." Get my drift.

So comedic quick hits in a good natured ribbing are integrity issues? Got it.

Nov 28, 2013, 11:37 AM

I bet your life on your rivals board has to be ah, ah, disappointing, disheartening, but mostly disrespected. Great, be sure to keep coming back for more.:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While ole ball sac may say "we got our butts beat" every now

Nov 28, 2013, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree! Here at Clemson, you must have some morals AND ]

and then, he's thrown his players under the bus after losses more times than I can count.

Besides, his lack of integrity is evident in so many areas in the way he handles his players.

Don't bother with a rebuttal, just agree to disagree.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Agreed

Nov 27, 2013, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: I know people hate the HBC, but.... ]

I would have a really, really hard time pulling for any team Spurrier coached. If Clemson ever hired him...wow, I just don't know. That would be a painful decision.

Very well said.***

Nov 27, 2013, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: I know people hate the HBC, but.... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nov 27, 2013, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: I know people hate the HBC, but.... ]

I love these strings. Reminds me of lines from old westerns when the mob is headed to the jaiol will ropes at the ready. "String up the monster!!" Who can think up to worst thing to say about the accused. NO CLASS, CHEAT, KICK'EM When Down!! Hang the SOB. Fact is the prisinor in out on bail and is looking for five in a row!!.

Nov 28, 2013, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: I know people hate the HBC, but.... ]

And you do NOT make a mockery of law enforcement by staging a false arrest at practice!! Shows no respect for the law and says "hey, I'm on your side guys, regardless of what you did or will do." Don't try to tell me OBS did not know the players were staying at the Whitney either. I will bet his wife sent them all Christmas cards and you have to have an address list to do that! And what about some discipline for a COACH who urinates on Main Street in Downtown Greenville. Can you imagine what would happen if it had been one of ours doing that down in Five Points? Er, I guess that would improve the smell though.

there is no way that I would ever like much less love the

Nov 27, 2013, 8:40 AM

old ball sac!! The game of college football will be better off when he sails off into the sunset!

If by "sails off into the sunset", you mean die a painful

Nov 27, 2013, 12:05 PM

death, his body overcome with a combination of gonorrhea and the most vile kind of a$$ cancer, then yes, I agree.

say what you want, the man knows his sh$t...

Nov 27, 2013, 8:47 AM

He's invested heavily in every play they make or don't make. All emotional crap aside, I like his energy (specially for an old guy).

Noone doubts that he can coach. He's just an a-hole, too.***

Nov 27, 2013, 9:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A great coach that comes with lots of baggage***

Nov 27, 2013, 10:00 AM

Absolutely NOT

Nov 27, 2013, 9:09 AM

My dislike for Spurrier started when he was the biggest loudmouth in college football while living in Gainesville, FL.

He was a pompous wanker then, and now he is a pompous wanker who coaches a group of thugs and outlaws (with some few exceptions).

I don't believe in "win at all costs".

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most coaches are like Spurrier. They just hide it.***

Nov 27, 2013, 9:13 AM

Spurrier is more trouble than he's worth.***

Nov 27, 2013, 9:14 AM

If being a giant A-Hole was a pre-requisite to being a

Nov 27, 2013, 9:22 AM

good football coach, then Spurrier would be about as good as any. Fortunately, that is not the case (contrary to what many believe), and as long as there are great football coaches who are not giant A-Holes, I'd rather have one of them. A-Holeness has nothing to do with winning - zip, zero, nada, and having a giant A-hole as the face of your football program says a lot about your university.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: If being a giant A-Hole was a pre-requisite to being a

Nov 27, 2013, 10:47 AM

......like having Charlie Pell at Clemson?

He's a 68 year old passive-aggressive brat.

Nov 27, 2013, 9:23 AM

I don't mind the coaches having a little fun with each other. I don't mind the rival coach saying things about Clemson. It's his passive-aggressive act that I can't respect. Don't say something and then act like you didn't. Don't insinuate something just so you have an out if people call you on the true meaning.

null

What has he ever said that he denied saying?***

Nov 27, 2013, 10:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He denied saying the "we ain't Clemson" comment. ******

Nov 27, 2013, 10:41 AM

null

Maybe, he did say it but I don't buy that...pretty tame

Nov 27, 2013, 10:44 AM

comapred to things he's said during the years. Why would he deny that?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't buy what?***

Nov 27, 2013, 2:58 PM

null

That he said it.***

Nov 27, 2013, 4:40 PM

Re: He denied saying the "we ain't Clemson" comment. ******

Nov 27, 2013, 1:51 PM [ in reply to He denied saying the "we ain't Clemson" comment. ****** ]

Because it wasn't him... That was Todd Ellis as time ran out of the game, during a broadcast. Not hard to research. The only thing he said was, "smart people don't believe everything they hear. I guess Dabo believed it."

Once again, it was posted on South Carolina's official

Nov 27, 2013, 2:57 PM

twitter feed and attributed to him. And once again, given his track record, I'm inclined to side with Dabo - awfully convenient to now claim that it didn't come from him.

null

Nov 27, 2013, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Re: He denied saying the "we ain't Clemson" comment. ****** ]

Todd Ellis point blank said on the radio when he made the comment that the comment was told to him by sos. Todd had to take the blame because the sos is a liar

Spurrier's said worse. Why would he deny it if he said it?***

Nov 27, 2013, 4:41 PM

Nov 28, 2013, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: He denied saying the "we ain't Clemson" comment. ****** ]

Dabo didn't give a crap who said it. He just responded back to who ever said it with the facts. And facts are one thing the coots have a terrible problem facing head on. If the facts were sugar coated with defensive reasons and excuses, their O k with that. Like they won b/c we fumbled the ball. Or, they won b/c OUR QB threw to many int's, or the reffs screwed us. Sugar coat all their losses to us with excuses of somebody else's fault. Their losses are always other than their teams just wasn't good enough to beat Clemson, Navy, Vandy, or any body they lose to.

Re: Wookie you are exactly right!!!***

Nov 27, 2013, 2:41 PM [ in reply to He's a 68 year old passive-aggressive brat. ]

CLEARLY, you haven't read "THE BRAT"...

Nov 27, 2013, 9:27 AM

...It's written about spurlid and it's not flattering. For you to like someone like this could give some of us hints about your personality. Hopefully, you claim "I didn't know".

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CLEARLY, you haven't read "THE BRAT"...

Nov 27, 2013, 1:52 PM

You mean that piece of yellow journalism written by a CU homer?

OK 48Gatorbowl

Nov 27, 2013, 9:32 AM

If you don't think Dabo's rant was along the same lines as what you claim to be in such disfavor of, then you are not being honest.

That said, I know plenty of SCAR fans who disliked Spurrier as much as any fan base could because he destroyed SCAR while at Florida, but that of course all changed once he was hired. If Clemson had hired Spurrier after Bowden left then there would have been tremendous support for it amongst Clemson fans....he's only loathed now because he coaches at the rival. Any school's fan base wants to win, that is first and foremost, and hopefully the coach does it without cheating and with good character.

Clemson has more football tradition, more aesthetic appeal and easier schedule than SC typically and I am convinced that had Spurrier been the coach at Clemson for the last 8 years Clemson would be 8-0 against SCAR over that span, have at least 4 ACC championships and likely have played in the NC game 1 or 2 times.

Consider Spurrier's hate of FSU, how domination over SCAR would have continued, the fact he won the ACC in a short stint at friggin Duke, and please tell me what would have stood in Clemson's way of going undefeated a couple or 3 to 4 times had Spurrier been coach at Clemson and not SCAR. Spurrier would be royalty at Clemson just like he is everywhere he's coached.

This post is far too rational for the emotional types here***

Nov 27, 2013, 9:47 AM

False.

Nov 27, 2013, 9:50 AM [ in reply to OK 48Gatorbowl ]

"If you don't think Dabo's rant was along the same lines as what you claim to be in such disfavor of, then you are not being honest."

Nonsense. What Dabo did was take the bait. And it was awesome, but it was awesome in response to yet another cowardly jab taken by Spurrier. If Dabo had done his rant, then made fun of Wake Forest football, then commented on how injuries like Lattimores happen when a coach makes a RB carry the ball too much and how he would never do that, then mocked Georgia after beating them, then mocked NCSU, then UNC, then VT...well, you get the idea. Then you're getting close to Spurrier's level.

The rest of your post is basically just your opinion. So be it. Spurrier won at Duke. I guess if we had hired Grobe after he won the ACC with FSU, VT and BC in it, we would be unstoppable.

null

Oh yeah, Dabo would also have to call out his

Nov 27, 2013, 9:53 AM

coordinators when asked why they lost and publicly humiliate them.

Then he's getting closer to Spurrier's "style".

null

Re: False.

Nov 27, 2013, 9:58 AM [ in reply to False. ]

Just replying to 48Gator when he said this:

"I just think the leaders of programs should act like leaders with class, character, and respect for all opponents"

Obvioulsy Dabo is nothing like Spurrier, I don't know another coach that is. I'm just pointing out that Dabo has also slighted other programs.

Sure, and I'm pointing out that no one is perfect but to

Nov 27, 2013, 10:06 AM

use that one example to try to equate the two men is beyond ridiculous.

Have you ever heard Dabo bad-mouth any other program he's faced? No. He heaps praise on them, their players and their coaching staff. Remember what he said about Lattimore after the injury?

Dabo is a 44 year old coach trying to lead his team as best he can, but he's human and Spurrier can certainly get under his skin. Clearly he wasn't ready for the passive-aggressive show that Spurrier puts on. He's better at it now. Spurrier is a 68 year old veteran of the industry who has nothing to fear and just can't help himself. To compare the two men is laughable on every meaningful level.

And just to be clear, I don't hate on everything South Carolina. I didn't love Holtz but I certainly had more respect for him than I do for Spurrier. Same for Brad Scott. And Ray Tanner. Horn was a bit of a loud mouth but at least he was in a position of trying to create a name for himself.

Also, I never hated on Bobby Bowden when he was crushing us on a regular basis. Nor Beamer when he was consistently beating us. Notice that no one gets in these war of words with Saban even though he beats everyone? I wonder why that is?

null

Nov 27, 2013, 10:19 AM [ in reply to False. ]

> The rest of your post is basically just your opinion.
> So be it. Spurrier won at Duke. I guess if we had
> d hired Grobe after he won the ACC with FSU, VT and
> BC in it, we would be unstoppable.

Yeah Wookie, the rest of the country considers Grobe and Spurrier the same level of coach. You're allowing your opinion to be slanted by hate of all things SCAR and that by extension includes Spurrier.

Spurrier would have killed it had he been at Clemson the last 8 years. What he has done at SCAR is remarkable, down SEC or not, and he would not have had nearly the challenges at Clemson that he has had there. If Spurrier had been hired at Clemson in 2005 and spent the last 8 years dominating SCAR, winning ACC championships and playing for a couple of national championships he would be beloved amongst the fanbase and all of his zingers against the opponents would be tossed around with glee just like Dabo's rant is. That is simply the nature of any fan base.

Alabama tried to get him to leave SCAR after Saban turned them down initially but he's not worthy of Clemson....ok.

Are you suggesting that inspirational tennis ball messages

Nov 27, 2013, 10:23 AM

are not as effective??? How dare you. ;)

Again, that's just your opinion.

Nov 27, 2013, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Re: False. ]

You're the one that made a big deal out of him winning in 1989 at Duke. If that's relevant, then Grobe's ACC Championship in 2006 is even more so. The ACC Grobe won in was just seven years ago and included FSU, Miami and VT. Spurrier's Duke Championship is 24 years ago and had none of those teams.

So, here we are:

You think Dabo's rant puts him on par with Spurrier. I say that's moronic. The two are clearly completely different people. Spurrier takes passive-aggressive jabs at all his competitors, throws his players and coaches under the bus and shows up to his TV show filming drunk. Dabo praises his competitors, supports his players and coaches and on off days he schedules his team for community service projects.

You think Spurrier would do great at Clemson and I say that that's debatable but irrelevant. He may do well, he may flounder. Every coach has an environment, and just because Spurrier did well at Florida and SC doesn't mean he'd do well at Clemson.

You think winning cures all and the fan base would love Spurrier if he was winning championships at Clemson. Certainly debatable. I can only tell you that I wouldn't. As I've already said, I don't hate on all things SC. I liked Brad Scott, tolerated Lou Holtz, respected Ray Tanner...I liked Lattimore and I like Connor Shaw (may he have the worst day of his career in a few days). Spurrier's a jerk.

null

Re: Again, that's just your opinion.

Nov 27, 2013, 11:24 AM

> You think Dabo's rant puts him on par with Spurrier.
> I say that's moronic.
>
> You think Spurrier would do great at Clemson and I
> say that that's debatable but irrelevant. He may do
> well, he may flounder. Every coach has an
> environment, and just because Spurrier did well at
> Florida and SC doesn't mean he'd do well at Clemson.
>
>
> You think winning cures all and the fan base would
> love Spurrier if he was winning championships at
> Clemson.

Just to respond....
- Never even implied Spurrier and Dabo were similar in taking jabs at other teams, just pointed out the inconsistency in 48Gator's post.

- It really isn't debatable to probably anyone but you that Spurrier would excel at Clemson. He's won everywhere he's been in college football....you're implying it would be tougher to win at Clemson that SCAR or Duke, that's crazy.

- Winning does cure all until the HC gets slapped by the NCAA or is caught with a naked boy or a dead prostitute....but seriously, if Spurrier was winning big at Clemson I think you and the three or four others that are sure to respond to this post negatively would be the only ones that would not be a fan of him.

Nov 28, 2013, 12:26 PM

Man, you just proved how stupid you think. No Tiger has never said Steve wasn't a good coach. He is a good coach that wouldn't be a good fit for Clemson b/c of his personal character. But if he had been at Clemson for as long as he has been in cootlumbia. He would have another NC in his resume'. And yes, I fully believe that.

Nov 28, 2013, 12:39 PM

As usual, I agree w/ allorange. I can remember during the end of Bowden's era when many, many CU fans were absolutely begging for him to come here. Sure, he's an arrogant, first class a hole.....but he's a winner. Period. End of discussion. Look at what he's done for the hapless chickens. Just imagine what he could do at Clemson. Put aside the hatred for USuC and face the truth. The guy won at DUKE......

Nov 27, 2013, 1:57 PM [ in reply to False. ]

There was no bait to take! Dabo assumed Spurrier made the comment because he listened to the wrong people.

Re: SHUTUPCOOT***

Nov 27, 2013, 2:38 PM

Wow...I hate myself for agreeing...Dangit!***

Nov 27, 2013, 3:55 PM [ in reply to OK 48Gatorbowl ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A Tiger man needs no introduction...

Great post Sludge***

Nov 27, 2013, 9:40 AM

#### you #######***

Nov 27, 2013, 3:56 PM

A Tiger man needs no introduction...

Nov 27, 2013, 9:44 AM

Like his old personality or not (which I despise mainly due to him beating everyone and running up the score for years), he is not the same person

The NFL, grandkids, and 15 yrs of growing up have changed him

The guy can coach or live anywhere in the US and he is in Columbia, SC, (why), he was dedicated to taking nothing and turning it into something (debatable if he has but stats are good)

He is very family oriented (at least for his own) and loves being around his grandkids. He has been good for them at this time in their history whether anyone likes him or not

Ask who hated him in the 90s, anyone who he beat or anyone who knew he would whip their team too. Sure his antics are a bit juvenile and picking on folks here and there, that is him. People across the country make fun of Dabo, but most Tiger fans want Dabo to stay true to himself and be upbeat and a rah rah guy because that is him and kids like it. Why wouldn;t you want Spurrier to be himself and just go with it. Glad he toned it down a bit. Can you imagine if he had Bobby B at Fla St down 4 in row how bad that would be on TV etc?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jabs are one thing, Tossing players under the bus, another

Nov 27, 2013, 9:49 AM

He never takes blame on himself, not really. Oh sure, he might say, "I need to coach better", but when there's any specific question after a loss, he deflect and blames others.
Clowney was being thrown under the bus for not playing against Kentucky b/c Spurrier wouldn't cover for him.

Also, how is it they only have 4 or 5 Sr's? How many did they sign 4 yrs ago?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jabs are one thing, Tossing players under the bus, another

Nov 27, 2013, 12:57 PM

>
> Also, how is it they only have 4 or 5 Sr's? How many
> did they sign 4 yrs ago?

A lot of the guys who would be seniors or RS seniors this year are playing on Sunday right now...

Re: Jabs are one thing, Tossing players under the bus, another

Nov 27, 2013, 5:39 PM

there are three guys from your 2008 class that are on NFL teams 2 others are currently facing jail time

Admire his coaching ability. Find the rest a distraction

Nov 27, 2013, 9:54 AM

and sometimes bordering on unprofessional. Who needs so much gossip creating drama? It's football, not a reality TV show.

The day he dies I'm having a party at my house.

Nov 27, 2013, 10:15 AM

We'll remember his life by getting drunk and making a TV show. You're all invited.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: The day he dies I'm having a party at my house.

Nov 27, 2013, 11:10 AM

You would actually celebrate any man's death over a football rivalry? Speaking of class......?

You just talked yourself right out of an invitation.***

Nov 27, 2013, 12:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You just talked yourself right out of an invitation.***

Nov 27, 2013, 3:34 PM

That's a good one, tigerdrummer!

Re-invited!***

Nov 27, 2013, 4:01 PM

when do you think we should start practicing?now sounds good

Nov 27, 2013, 1:46 PM [ in reply to The day he dies I'm having a party at my house. ]

to me. how about y'all?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey, come on over!***

Nov 27, 2013, 2:02 PM

Great coach, never liked him because he has been

Nov 27, 2013, 10:18 AM

at Duke, UF, and USC.

I hate to say it but would love him as our coach if successful, 99% of Tigernet would.

I guess I'm that 1%.***

Nov 27, 2013, 10:47 AM

I hate that anyone, let alone a Tiger fan, calls him the HBC

Nov 27, 2013, 10:52 AM

That is one of the most arrogant things I have seen among college coaches. You shouldn't promote it.

Re: I hate that anyone, let alone a Tiger fan, calls him the HBC

Nov 28, 2013, 12:18 PM

I call him HBCock myself!!!

It sucks being a ginger***

Nov 27, 2013, 2:25 PM

I, Phillip, a small boy of twelve, lay exhausted, not knowing if I was sleeping or if I was daydreaming that I was sleeping. Gently I rocked back in forth in my hammock, a hammock woven out of the eyelashes of 1000 deer.

This thread

Nov 27, 2013, 4:18 PM

Just confirms what my Clemson buddy said earlier, he's a hardcore tiger and his exact words "we will never win until we get rid of the pansy ### attitude that our soft coach has instilled in our players and fan base." Those of you who call a person classless for good ole smack talk are the ones who have never been able to stand up and do something about it. HBC takes the blame when he does something stupid, tells the truth when someone beats our butt but is in no way shape or form a liar about stuff. If anything he's brutally honest and that's more dangerous than sugar coating lies. People always hate the person who tells it like it is when it doesn't go in their favor.

And you confirm

Nov 28, 2013, 10:19 AM

that USuC fans are losers who hang out on big brother's boards.

If you are old enough to remember Slurrier at UF then you know Gamecocks thought he was classless then. Either you all are hypocrites or you've lost what little class you used to have. Which is it?

You're delusional.

Nov 28, 2013, 12:14 PM [ in reply to This thread ]

That egotistical SOB has never admitted he's ever been out coached. He looks down on your school, fans and even the guys he recruits.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wookie

Nov 27, 2013, 4:48 PM

"twitter feed and attributed to him. And once again, given his track record, I'm inclined to side with Dabo - awfully convenient to now claim that it didn't come from him."

This sums up the tribalism in football quite well. If Spurrier coached at Clemson you would be inclined to side with him.

He was, and is, and always will be a JERK.

Nov 28, 2013, 4:06 PM

Coots thought he was a jerk before he became their coach. Now he is their JERK, so they love him. BUT he is still a JERK. Most of America knows that.

He does it to his own team moreso than his opponents. I

Nov 29, 2013, 12:37 AM

have often wondered what his family endures. Bless their hearts

Re: He does it to his own team moreso than his opponents. I

Nov 29, 2013, 2:18 AM

He is one of those people who, literally, cannot help themselves. But he wins. I'm ready for him to retire...

well said***

Nov 29, 2013, 2:28 AM

Re: I lived in FL while he was @UF and he and Bobby Bowden

Nov 29, 2013, 2:46 AM

regularly exchanged barbs. I know he does it to bring attention and build up the rivalry game like Wraslin. I guess it creates more money for the State in the long run. But I still think he's a prick.

Bobby Bowden once called Spurrier a big cry baby when he he complained about late hits by FSU.

Nov 29, 2013, 6:47 AM

Spurrier could never top the babo rant. Classless all the way. This is the problem with tater fans and why people laugh at you. You just ignore and act like clempson is a saint and everyone else has these issues. No, clempson has the same stuff happen. Soccer coach, jet ski, sammy smoked it, dabo acts like a fool, towel rod, and so on. Oknow somebody post bad things abour usc and justify what ckempson does. LOL. Its sad...

You are sad for spending so much time on a rival's

Nov 29, 2013, 7:06 AM

board running your mouth.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 85
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic