Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nice read about the coots from UGA board...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Nice read about the coots from UGA board...

Jul 16, 2005, 9:17 AM

the Chickens have come home to roost, havent they? Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You have to hand it to the Poultry People. Lou Holtz racked up major NCAA violations faster than winning seasons, bowl victories, or SEC titles. In fact, the sum of the NCAA violations on his watch is more than the total of his winning seasons, bowl wins and SEC titles combined. Yet even now, after he's dipped them in batter and left them for the NCAA deep fryer, most of them consider him a genius. Most of them consider this "unfortunate development" to be "no big deal." Some of them feel like Spurrier will have them contending for SEC glory THIS YEAR.

Wow. The extent of their ability to ignore history, probability, and reality makes Baghdad Bob look like a stone pessimist. What does it mean to pull for the Poultry? It means you thrive on getting your ### kicked. It means you smile in the face of loss after loss to UT, UF, UGA and Clemson. It means that your one crummy 7-4 season leading to an ACC title entitles you to puff out your chest as much as any fan of Alabama, Southern Cal, Michigan, or any other place with actual football history.

Ganja Toke U fans base their unreasonable expectations on the fact that they were actually good in the 40s and 50s. Auburn fans base their unreasonable expectations on the fact that Ears Tuberville finally had a season where he lost less than 4 games, and there's no salary cap in the SEC West. But from what fountain of optimism have the Chickens drunk so deeply? The Holtz era was the pinnacle of acheivement for South Carolina football...and they had a losing record. They never so much as finished above 3rd in the East. They never beat UF or UT. Much as I admire their spirit, I can only say the lot of them must be on drugs. Or should be.

Beating South Carolina, for any SEC program with aspirations, has never been a sign of anything except that you won't go winless for the season. Losing to them has always been a sign that you are mediocre and headed nowhere. If Spurrier can turn this garbage scow of a program around and make it a champion, it will be a feat equal to winning the Kentucky Derby on a burro. I cant wait to see how The Genius reacts when the roof starts caving in on his low discipline, low talent, HIGH expectation program. He may flip that visor all the way from Columbia to Myrtle Beach.

Long may they suck. I would say the SEC should have left them out of the conference, but then we wouldnt have them around for comic relief every summer as they confidently predict that THIS WILL BE THE YEAR. Not this year, you refugees from a Truett Cathy picnic. Just like every other year, you're going to uphold the proud tradition of South Carolina football, where 6-5 is cause for rejoicing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't that guy realize they have Spurrier now?

Jul 16, 2005, 9:27 AM

He's just scared! And ignorant too, they've already got UGA in their rear view mirror!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Doesn't that guy realize they have Spurrier now?

Jul 16, 2005, 9:46 AM

The dynasty started with Dietzel and has been perpetuated all the way through Holtz and now Spurrier...take heed, SEC Spurrier will carry on the tradition at USuC and there will be no change out of Cluckerville

UGA makes us look like angels when they talk about USC.

Jul 16, 2005, 9:59 AM

We laugh it up and have a good time with the coots, but for some reason there's a core of UGA supporters who really HATE the coots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USC's record is better against UGA than CU, UT, and UF.***

Jul 16, 2005, 10:10 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They really hate SOS. Remember he owned them at UF

Jul 16, 2005, 10:18 AM [ in reply to UGA makes us look like angels when they talk about USC. ]

at let them know it. I think the SEC fan base is much more hateful of the OBC than the coots. We hate the coots and don't really have a deep hatred for SOS, yet.

I wish they could read and understand that everyone else

Jul 16, 2005, 10:04 AM

thinks they are joke also. Im sure right now they would say that guy is Clemson fan. They dont want to acknowledge the fact they are on par with Kentucky, Vandy and Miss ST. Denial aint just a river in Egypt.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic