Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We're Clemson We're Better Than That
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

We're Clemson We're Better Than That

Jun 24, 2004, 8:45 AM

I am new to this board and have never posted until this morning. I have seen Rev Dodd, whom I do not know post the title of this message several times and I like to think it's true.

However, lately I have seen many posters refusing to acknowledge USC's success on the baseball field and constantly dig up the past to refute something that frankly is unrefutable.

Do I like it, of course not. Am I pulling for CSF tonight, and the chicken curse, and whatever else, ABSOLUTELY.

But some of the posters in here are no better than the coots who troll in here looking to stir up ####.

Personally we are much better served by tipping our hats to them (hold your nose if you have to), and looking forward to football season.

Of course we would LOVE to be in Omaha...but we are not.

So long live the chicken curse, and remember Rev Dodd's words....

We're Clemson, We're Better Than That!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice post JYOUNG, I feel the same way.

Jun 24, 2004, 8:48 AM

I've tried to say the same from the Coot perspective. Amazes me that people try to argue somehow that our basketball or baseball teams were "lucky" or "suck". It is about as absurd as me saying that your football team stunk last year...and that the thrashing you put on us was nothing more than pure luck.

Most here don't believe that and are more than willing to

Jun 24, 2004, 9:09 AM

give credit where credit is due. I have a great deal of respect for your accomplishments on the field not just this year but the last three seasons. How can anyone not? The silent majority here just stays away from these threads and silly arguments. Good luck tonight, I see where Windsor is not starting which has to be great news for y'all! That guy is the real deal! I for one wouldn't mind seeing y'all win it all. Yes it would be a bitter pill to swallow, but I think it would be good for college baseball in this state overall. There is some good baseball in this state not just at CU and USC and it would draw a lot of positive attention to the sport in general.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great Post Dude, I agree.******

Jun 24, 2004, 9:16 AM

Ssshhhh, don't tell theREALdeathvalley...

Jun 24, 2004, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Most here don't believe that and are more than willing to ]

it would just give him an excuse to claim a USC win tonite would be just "pure luck" because Windsor didn't pitch.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Historic Horseshoe

I'm surprised that Windsor is not starting...

Jun 24, 2004, 9:24 AM

Of course I wouldn't ne surprised if he doesn't come in early at the first sign of trouble. If I remember right the guy starting hasn't pitched since early June and has only pitched around 31 innings all season. But I assume the coach knows what he's doing. History seems to show us that when a team needs to win two to advance and get the first they tend to get the second game and it's often not a close game. My gut tells me USC jumps to an early lead and never looks back. If so Texas would be a real handful...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully that will be the case...

Jun 24, 2004, 9:53 AM

I'm sure Windsor will come in at the first sign of trouble.

It'll be interesting to see if Tanner starts McCamie/Hempy or Campbell. He might use the same strategy now.

The Historic Horseshoe

I think it might be good for Campbell to come off the bench

Jun 24, 2004, 10:03 AM

given his struggles in game 1. That guy's good when he's on...how many pitches did he throw in game 1? He oughta feel like he just got back from vacation or something by now...

Over 100, but not as many as Windsor....

Jun 24, 2004, 10:07 AM

If they don't pitch Windsor, I think Tanner should counter with McCamie or Hempy and try to save Campbell for Saturday if he can.

The Historic Horseshoe

I didn't realize it was that many.

Jun 24, 2004, 10:19 AM

I expect both Campbell and Windsor will throw a few innings today.

Well I just read that it was 86, but I thought I read before

Jun 24, 2004, 10:31 AM

that is was over 100. Not exactly sure.

The Historic Horseshoe

Re: We're Clemson We're Better Than That

Jun 24, 2004, 8:51 AM

great post, but unfortunately, as you will learn, we have, sorry to say, almost as many idiot fans as they do. fortunately our good ones far outnumber theirs. why not just let them have their little bit of fun and sit back and let the chicken curse do its job. lol

Makes sense to me.***

Jun 24, 2004, 8:56 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We're Clemson We're Better Than That

Jun 24, 2004, 8:59 AM

Well said!!! While I can't bring myself to pull for the Gamecocks in anything (Even against UGA. In that case, I just refuse to watch. :^)) , there's no question that their baseball team is a good one. I say congrats to them (even though it pains me.) As for the head-to-head matchup this year, it seems like a non-issue.

And while I loved the football blowout, 63-17 comments are totally irrelevant whan discussing baseball. Now if could beat them 63-17 in baseball, THAT would be domination.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If I ever have to use this baby, I want to teach it to come to Papa in a hurry."

Welcome to the board, and very well said IMO...

Jun 24, 2004, 9:05 AM

Look forward to eventually getting into some sort of debate with you, as you seem willing to give credit where due and intelligent enough to not let your own biases get in the way of an objective argument.

The Historic Horseshoe

But you guys just suck. I can't get over it.

Jun 24, 2004, 9:07 AM

How is everyone's sarcasm meter this morning?? :)

'Preciate the kind words...

Jun 24, 2004, 9:05 AM

The idea is that Clemson folks should spend time uplifting their university, rather than looking like idiots trying to talk down someone else. As Clemson, we strive to improve ourselves, fight with ferocity and (when it happens) shake the hand of the man that beats you.

Clearly UCS is having a phemonial run late in the season, and anyone who tries to say otherwise is easily as delusional as the coots who proclaim preseason football championships.

I clearly and unswervingly expect Pitchfork Ben to do his work, but it's his work to do. The rest of us have bigger fish to fry. When UCS falls, I will still congratulate them on a great run and gently remind them that there is nothing between them and the bone-jarring fall of football season except two months of summer.

But when you're Clemson, you don't need to get in the gutter with chickens or dawgs or wuffies or anyone. If you're Clemson, you're better than that. Meet 'em eye-to-eye on your level, not their's. and if they don't want to rise to your level, they ain't worth jawing at, anyway.

Remember when you put on the orange, or when you back the orange, you are Clemson. And Clemson's better than that.

So are we all.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good post, I totally agree.***

Jun 24, 2004, 9:09 AM

TREMENDOUS POST*******

Jun 24, 2004, 9:21 AM

can you link someone who isn't giving credit?

Jun 24, 2004, 9:30 AM

i have no problems with us tigers explaining to the coots that regardless of how well they do they still aren't above us. i have no problem with us tigers defending ourselves against the onslaught of coots who don't know how to win graciously. and asking the entire board to not repsond is completely not realistic. with all that said, i haven't seen anyone trying to say their accomplishments aren't noteworthy. can you link that?

Here you go Tigga

Jun 24, 2004, 10:09 AM

theREALdeathvalley's post below entitled "Is it just me..."

http://www.thetigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=141674

The Historic Horseshoe

Here ya go

Jun 24, 2004, 11:17 AM [ in reply to can you link someone who isn't giving credit? ]

Coots suck and they are lucky and I hope they lose cause they are lucky and they suck.

Tigga, I bet you wish you had not asked that. MANY posters

Jun 24, 2004, 2:27 PM [ in reply to can you link someone who isn't giving credit? ]

are saying its all luck.

i've seen one. what do you see?***

Jun 24, 2004, 3:22 PM

Good post, granted I don't want them to win..........

Jun 24, 2004, 9:48 AM

but they have a hell of a team and are at least there.
Go CSU and GO TIGERS

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am in agreement with ya

Jun 24, 2004, 10:05 AM

Like Cobb posted yesterday they are our neighbors and quite possibly nephews (as cobb put OUR kids would not go to carolina ;)) Tollison actually does live in my neighborhood. They have had a great season and do have a great team. You don't have to pull for em but they ARE there and playing some of the best baseball in the country.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic