Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson.rivals coaches interview on Watson, his coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Clemson.rivals coaches interview on Watson, his coach

May 28, 2013, 11:19 PM

comes across as Watson truly regretting his decision. He also seems to believe he has to "earn" Dabo's and Morris's respect back, which could pay off big dividends. Also appears to have seen that other coaches (whether he meant Auburn or his Assistant coach I don't know) don't necessarily have his best interest at heart.... which could go a long way as well.

My brother is about DW's age. Last year he borrowed my putter and forgot at it at the course (probably in January or Feb). I realized this at the course my first day back and went to the pro shop to see if they had an old leftie putter I could borrow. They handed me MY old putter, only they did some customizations on it (like major rain damage and more scuff marks).

I called my brother and he debated with me for 10 minutes on how he never lost my putter and I was crazy, to which I drove all the way home and showed it to him before he admitted it and apologized. Late high schoolers do this, good kids or not. 5 star recruits are still high schoolers.

Take it for what it is worth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson.rivals coaches interview on Watson, his coach

May 28, 2013, 11:23 PM

Yep I bet your brother had to do somethings to earn your trust back before you believed a word he said again. 1+

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2013, 9:17 AM

Nah. He just keeps his clubs in a locked cabinet now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

That's pretty much it.***

May 28, 2013, 11:30 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Apologies but I'm not sure what I believe on TI

May 28, 2013, 11:32 PM

Yesterday, they had DIRECT QUOTES from Deshaun Watson declaring that he did not visit Auburn.

Today, they have FEEL GOOD QUOTES from the coach, apologizing for Watson.

This is all giving me a headache

Re: Re: Apologies but I'm not sure what I believe on TI

May 28, 2013, 11:42 PM

Door is that way >>>

Re: Re: Sorry just venting. This ruined my month ******

May 28, 2013, 11:46 PM

Re: Re: Sorry just venting. This ruined my month ******

May 28, 2013, 11:58 PM

you must have an awesome life for the actions of a 17 year old that you do not even know to ruin your entire month

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Really coot ?

May 29, 2013, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Re: Sorry just venting. This ruined my month ****** ]

Tell 'em

May 29, 2013, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Re: Apologies but I'm not sure what I believe on TI ]

show someone the door that chooses to accept facts and the truth? maybe you need to find another door.

it's not even a big deal

May 29, 2013, 3:06 AM

but making a lot of hoopla about it will cause every one of these big time recruits to feel like they're under stress, and might cause them to just want to get away from all the drama. If he just randomly went down to Auburn, it's not a big deal and nobody should bother him about it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well thats honestly for the coaches to decide.

May 29, 2013, 9:13 AM

And I agree with you. The visit wasn't something to take an issue with IMO, its the coverup.

I do think not being honest is a big deal, but everyone makes mistakes and if this situation makes him grow, this will turn out to be a good thing in the end.

I'd much rather him make this mistake now, realize he has a good thing with Clemson, and settle down, then keep on thinking about it all the way till he has to sign for a school.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2013, 9:18 AM

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

However, remember your audience. This is a group of 20, 30, 40, 50 and I guess some 60 year olds that have never left a job, girlfriend, wife and never gone against their word once in their life. They don't lie. They're "all-in." They do nothing but post the definition of the word commitment and think they're in a position to judge at 17-year-old with no father figure.

Again, though, I agree with you.

May 29, 2013, 9:39 AM

I think you're giving your audience way too much credit (except maybe for their longevity).

May 29, 2013, 11:04 AM

We are all perfect, sshh

May 29, 2013, 9:36 AM

<<
Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2013, 12:16 PM

He got talked into a visit by a coach he probably respects and felt a little bit pressured by, he regretted it as soon as he got there, and then he panicked and tried to cover it up. Sounds like a 17-year old to me. I don't think it's that big a deal...he'll get his detention time wiht the Clemson coaches, and it'll be over.

May 29, 2013, 12:26 PM

I'll take that with a side of bacon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

May 30, 2013, 7:28 AM

and peanut butter.

Just proves that you're brother is a liar too..

May 30, 2013, 7:39 AM

Just kidding man! ;) I teach kids and it's true. They deny deny deny until faced with not being able to deny and then they regret.

You're right. It's the same thing here. They can't all be George Washington. He's just a kid.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YOUR brother....darn I hate the typos***

May 30, 2013, 9:49 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perhaps, the most important question remaining:

May 30, 2013, 8:05 AM

exactly what did you do to your brother with that putter upon his admission of guilt? (Hopefully, it remains where the sun DOES shine! lol)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic