Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reviewing a Post from 1 Year Ago
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,421

Reviewing a Post from 1 Year Ago

May 25, 2013, 8:44 AM

I went back and reread my post from one year ago. If you want to read the whole thing, it is HERE. As I said then, "I don't read or post on Tigernet as much as I used to... because most of the posts are short-sighted (retrospectively and/or prospectively) and full of whining. It's not a fun world to live it when you live and die by the outcome of a one-run 13 inning game. I love Clemson and Clemson baseball in particular."

I also mentioned that I was disappointed in last season to some extent, but acknowledged that it was a very young team. I discussed how our program has been a model of cyclical consistency.

In the end of the post, I said " If the pattern that has held true for the past 18 years CONSISTENTLY holds true again, then 2013 will be a good year and 2014 will be an outstanding year. I expect that. If we're unranked in one or both of those then come back and tell me that we are in decline"

I expect we will finish this season ranked as I predicted. Super Regionals are not at all out of the question. Next year is shaping up to be an even better year. You may not like that. You may live in a world where you expect to defy odds and be a championship contender every year. The fact is that we are about once every 4 years. Odds of winning a championship when you are a contender are about 1 in 8. We've been a contender 5 times under Jack. Hopefully our next true shot (next year) we can finally get our 1. Until then, the anxious whiners who have unrealistic expectations of winning every game need to take some Ativan and study middle school math.

-Dr. Ken

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for a poisitve post. Didn't expect that here this AM***

May 25, 2013, 8:47 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make that "positive"***

May 25, 2013, 8:48 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reviewing a Post from 1 Year Ago

May 25, 2013, 10:20 AM

The coots won back to back CWS Titles,
and played for a third.
Explain how we are about 1 out of every 4 years,or haven't been back to the CWS since 2010.
And please do not use youth as a reason ,or an excuse.
That's getting a bit old ,and thin!
Oh,and as far as middle school math goes,7-2 divided by 8 and 2/3's equals a loss,when you can't add 1/3 to the equation.
And to think I flunked middle school algerbra.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please give it a rest….

May 25, 2013, 10:27 AM

and quit using the coots as a comparison. You act as if the coots all of a sudden became a good baseball program, when baseball is the one sport the coots have actually been good at through the years.

As good as both Clemson and South Carolina has been at baseball, eventually one of us was going to win the national title. Unfortunately for us the coots won first. I hate that they won it. But them winning two national titles, is of no reflection on the great job that Hall of Famer coach Jack Leggett has done at Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please give it a rest….

May 25, 2013, 10:41 AM

The coots have become a good baseball program,definitly better than ours.
Sorry if you do not care to hear that,but it is the truth.
And while Jack might bea future Hall of Famer,it has been three years since our last visit to Omaha,and if this weeks trend continue,it might be 4.
So why don't you give it a rest till we do.

Well, if you bothered reading my post from a year ago...

May 25, 2013, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Reviewing a Post from 1 Year Ago ]

You would have answered your own questions. But here it is...

We are a great team about one in every four years (1996, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2010). We're a bad/inexperienced team about one in every 6 years (1997, 2003, 2008, 2012) and it's usually right after we have a great year.

My favorite part of your post is "Explain how we are about 1 out of every 4 years,or haven't been back to the CWS since 2010."

1996 + 4 = 2000
2000 + 2 = 2002
2002 + 4 = 2006
2006 + 4 = 2010
2010 + 4 = 2014.

That help you with that middle school math?
X + 4 = Y

Yeah - the loss last night was awful. We shouldn't blow a lead like that. But when you whine about it like it's the end of the program, it ignores facts and history. This team will compete for a regional championship and if they win will be competitive at Super Regionals. This is about our average team over the last 19 years. Next year should be the above average team where a Regional Championship should be expected with a team that is capable of a CWS run.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, if you bothered reading my post from a year ago...

May 25, 2013, 12:09 PM

I bothered reading your post.Wish I hadn't,bothered that is.
I just love you people who can recite stats,records,standings,what we did last year ,or 4 years ago.
And with my take on your favorite part of my post ,I was being facetious.
And as with this 1996,2000, crap,you say it comes after we had a great year.Did we have a great year last year?That would be a no!
Finally you do the math.We may compte for a regional,but it is double elimation.We have lost 4 straight.
Doesn't take some one that failed middle school math to figure out how long we last in a regional.
And again I'm being facetious.

Well, I guess the Coots should turn in their national titles

May 25, 2013, 12:55 PM

B/c obviously if you have a losing streak that includes your conference tournament, you should quit and fire your coach. Check your history before making comments like that.

Thank you for clarifying that you ignore history and math. Now forget about the one game that is history now and move on.

Re: Well, I guess the Coots should turn in their national titles

May 25, 2013, 11:34 PM

Ray Tanner never did care about the conference title,so I do know a liitle about history.
And as far as moving on care to give us your excuse for what happened tonite?

May 25, 2013, 10:21 AM

I just posted how I felt leaving USuC river front home last year and thought it would be 2 years before we were back in the show. I really think this team has over achieved big time and as a season ticket holder I have been thrilled. The folks who do not attend daily do not see the progress in this team. We would have lost that game last night by the 2nd inning.The grand prize is in Omanha, and it begins Friday at DKS. GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad to have Dr. Ken as a poster..and as a TiGER too!

May 25, 2013, 10:50 AM

Thanks Sir for your intelligent & informative post..and wish you & yours a splendid Summer in beautiful Tennessee!

gOtiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2013, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Reviewing a Post from 1 Year Ago ]

I have to agree with you about posters who do not actually go to games. As a season ticket holder who has missed only a few games I see the progress our team has made. Your detractor is negative about everything and must lead a miserable life.

To clarify

May 25, 2013, 12:42 PM

I was responding to Dr. Ken

Bill Wielham

May 26, 2013, 7:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Reviewing a Post from 1 Year Ago ]

Everyone uses "The Kiaser" as he was affectionally known while I was at Clemson as the model for Clemson baseball. And well they should as he never had a losing season. Good thing he wasn't around for Tigernet as he would have been a dismal failure for not going to Omaha every year.
I would be willing to bet most of the negative comments come from those who never played the game other than on a video. They seem to forget that we play real opponents who want to win bad as we do. Besides, haven't seen Jack pick up a bat or glove on any play this year....

May 25, 2013, 12:39 PM

but we have omaha on the back of our hats!

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,421
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic