Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The sun struggles up, another beautiful day...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 946

The sun struggles up, another beautiful day...

Jun 14, 2005, 6:50 AM

The world is still turning, this side of the Omaha carousel.

One game here, one game there, it kind of adds up.

We fell one game short of sharing the ACC title.

One game short of the ACC tourney finals.

One game short of Omaha.

If you stop and look at the season from that perspective, it's easy to see why we could enter Dark Territory with a bit of a gnawing in our innards. Especially with a tough, chewy hunk of meat like Texas A&M waiting on the other side.

But I propose folks look at the end of baseball season like this.

43-23: 10 full games ahead of where the bulk of the pundits placed us.

Second in the ACC: up to 6 positions higher than we were supposed to be.

Hosting (and winning) our regional. Anyone who took money on that in late March owns lakefront property now.

There is no way a reasoned person can look at the game yesterday and not feel a twinge of disappointment, a glimmer of what could have been.

But that same reasoned person must also look at the season and fell an overwhelming surge of pride for what was.

To the guys who are moving on with their careers: thank you for the time, work, energy and enthusiasm you've given to Clemson.

To the guys coming back: savor the success, but don't grow fat on it. Remember the disappointments, but don't let them chew you up.

Just work on hitting the breaking stuff, and each time you take the field remember that this game could be the one that leads to Omaha.

Somewhere back in the season was the one game that cost us a share of the title, and just enough power raning to become a Super Regional team. Like so much else this year, it was just that close. I can think of a couple of games we'd like to have back...but they don't come back.

Remember that as well, guys. Next year, if there's ever a thought about just rolling the bats on to the field and expecting a win, remember: This might be the game that costs you.

Thanks for reminding us all what grit and heart can do. But like any good meal, it requires the right amount of seasoning.

We're seasoned now. We've shown what we can do, and it's pretty dang impressive.

Next spring, we'll get a chance to go out and do it. Thanks again, Tigers!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice post Rev*****

Jun 14, 2005, 6:53 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As usual, Amen.***

Jun 14, 2005, 8:40 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very classy for our team to wait through their celebration

Jun 14, 2005, 10:05 AM

(including victory lap)in the dugout to shake hands and congratulate Baylor. Says alot about what Clemson is about. Very, very proud of what this team did this year.

That just gave me chills. HOF***

Jun 14, 2005, 11:13 AM

Replies: 4
| visibility 946
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic