Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here's what I don't get about a lot of the USC fans around
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 679

Here's what I don't get about a lot of the USC fans around

May 27, 2005, 11:12 AM

I know not all USC fans are like this but I seem to see a lot of them.

If you ask a USC fan for their prediction for this season, the majority of them have four things in common:

1) They predict the cluckers will win 7-9 games. I can understand this. They won 6 last year, new coach, easier schedule (2 gimmie OOC games etc). That one, I get.

2) They all predict a win over Clemson. Again, this one I understand. We are their rival and no one ever predicts a loss to their rival. Especially at home.

3) They pretty much universally predict they will average close to or over 30 points a game. This one I don't get. I know, I know, you have Spurrier but still...30 points a game? They have no QB, lost their best RB and WR and have a suspect OL. How in the world are they going to avg 30 points a game? Maybe a handful of teams in America averaged that last year.

4) In their predicted victory over CU, they are all predicting a blowout. I don't think I've seen a single prediction of a close game. Its always 38-14 or 35-10 or something like that. They've broken 21 points against us like twice this decade and in the last 10 years, have beaten us twice by a total of 8 points. But they're going to score 5 or 6 TDs and beat us by 28 points or more?

Like I said, I don't get it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

point. d@mn those eyes!***

May 27, 2005, 11:15 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't get #1. I think they win 4-5 games***

May 27, 2005, 11:16 AM

I'm not saying I think they'll win that many. I'm saying I

May 27, 2005, 11:17 AM

understand how they can predict that. Its not out of the realm of possibility.

Not to mention they don't have anything that even

May 27, 2005, 11:32 AM

resembles the personell needed to run that offense, especially a QB.

romans 8:28

www.loosechange911.com/
www.killtown.com
www.letsroll911.org
www.universalseed.org

Re:They have little experienced depth..

May 27, 2005, 11:20 AM

That alone COULD mean a long season

Re: Here's what I don't get about a lot of the USC fans around

because deep in the heart, they realize the only way to beat CU is to score close to 40...they have accepted that we will score, and score often...a prediction of 20 points or fewer is a certain loss...

their prediction of CU scoring 10-20 points is what they will actually see...prior to leaving somewhere mid 2nd qtr....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They think Spurrier is their football messiah

They fail to realize that his offense isn't as innovative as it once was, they have a poor offensive line, and no proven skill position players (espcially a QB). They're dilusional and they always will be.

romans 8:28

www.loosechange911.com/
www.killtown.com
www.letsroll911.org
www.universalseed.org

Re: I know not all USC fans are like this but I seem to see

May 27, 2005, 11:23 AM

99.9% of Cooties I know think that way.

I get the feeling they like the off season more than the....

May 27, 2005, 11:28 AM

regular season. The off season offers hope, over-exaggerated optomism and the like. The regular season brings them back to reality. Of course this is overinclusive, but I think some of em really think this way.

Ya think.***

May 27, 2005, 11:42 AM

Re: Ya think.***

May 27, 2005, 12:26 PM

I seriously doubt anything will change for the cluckers....they still will lose out the last 3 or 4 games they play...they cant play with Tenn, they cant play with Florida, there is never too much left when they play us...what little depth they had always had will be depleted by the last game. About winning 9 or so games, we have all heard that since Dietzel...I think Spurrier is a good enough coach to win 5 or 6 with the group he has, but there are just too many guys that owe him a beating for him to win 8 or 9...a good barometer, even though I live out fo the area now, I hear that Spurrier is not running around shooting his mouth off this year like he used to, the reason is, he probably knows better to give opponents bulletin board material, its going to be hard enough for them to finish ahead of Vandy and Ky...after the first seaon 4-7 or maybe 5-6, the scuttlebutt out of Cluckerville will be, that Spurrier is over the hill, too much time on the golf course, etc...it wont take long for his admirers to turn on him, he can ask his predecessors about that.

I'll try.

May 27, 2005, 12:19 PM

I predict 7 wins AT BEST! We won 6 with a horrid Holtz offense and a pathetically conditioned team. We still will struggle to get 7 with all (or little) we have back.

I see no reason why we'll beat Clemson. I hope and cheer for a win, but don't count it. I think it's necessary to get that 7th win which is why we struggle to get 7.

NO WAY in EFFin' Hiznell we AVERAGE 30 points a game. We may score over 30 a few times, but to average 30 is tougher than it sounds.

IF, and that's a hefty IF at this point. But IF we beat Clemson, no way it'll be a blowout! We may want it to be for some redemtion for 63-17, but we don't have the tools to field that kind of #### whipping right now. Do I think Steve-O wants to put one on Clemson for that? Yes. But it won't be this year if it happens at all.

Here's my attempt to explain that way of thinking...

May 27, 2005, 12:28 PM

It must be one of these three things that clouds their judgement:
1. Chemical leak at the trailer park
2. Inhaled too many exhaust fumes working the drive thru
3. When they were getting shoved into lockers and beaten to a pulp in high school they banged their heads really hard and can't think clearly..

I might be wrong, but it has to be something traumatic to cause this way of thinking...

Look what they hired. Another quick fixer.

May 27, 2005, 12:47 PM

So, with that quick fix mentality you would have to expect they would predict quick results. Should we be surprised since we've heard all this before six years ago? Fear Lou.... Spurrier is going to wipe the field with our a$$es yada yada. Someone here properly quoted the definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over but expecting a different result everytime when talking about their football program. This situation is no different.

Replies: 14
| visibility 679
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic