Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I just love all the folks taking the high road on Bellamy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 4,458

I just love all the folks taking the high road on Bellamy

May 16, 2012, 1:58 PM

"tough neighborhood"
"very hard childhood"
"you'll always be a Tiger, Mike!"
"Good luck Mike I'm praying for ya"!

Look at the facts and be objective. This is not a 13 yr old child. He is a GROWN man than can vote, go to prison, and fight in a war. He has and was held accountable for his own poor decisions. Hopefully he and all other young men who make mistakes (lord knows I've made 'em) can figure life out quickly. Otherwise he'll enjoy a low-paying job and/or jail. That's real life.

He had chance after chance after chance. Yea he played football and it comes with A LOT of distractions....but in some respects his transition to college was easier than for me and anyone else that is or was a freshman away from home. He had structure, accountability, a scholarship, a support group, and resources that most of us did not have.

And you know what? He screwed up. Big time. And in the process hurt our program. How? Being a distraction, bringing bad pub, setting back our recruiting cycle at RB, and leaving us thin. That's how. And this isn't about fumbles either. And for crying out loud he roomed with SW. Imagine the awesome influence he was on 2!

So no, he's not a Tiger. He's a guy that was earning his way to be called a Tiger. And had all the potential to be one of the great ones. So here's who he is: A 19 or 20 year old that on summer break, can run fast, and is looking for a JUCO.

See ya later, Mike. Good luck. Bring on DJ, Rod, Zack, et all. We'll be just fine without ya. We sure as heck were for most of last year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just love all the folks taking the high road on Bellamy

May 16, 2012, 2:25 PM

I hear everything you're saying, and you're probably spot on when we look at things realistically.

But, I see Mike Bellamy as a guy that had numerous options, and chose to be a TIGER. That speaks volumes to me. I like guys that want to be at CLEMSON. Also, watching Bellamy run is worth the price of the ticket IMO. He only had a few really great plays, but just those few makes me glad he played at least one year. That dagger-to-the-heart at VT was a thing to behold. Anyone that didn't enjoy that had to be a Hokie. For me- I wish Mike could work it out and make it back into CLEMSON.

I agree with you, and would add that IMO being a Tiger

May 16, 2012, 2:30 PM

involves two components:
1-Wanting to be one
2-Wanting to stay one when it's about to be taken from you and doing the things you've got to do to remain one.

I can promise you that there are many of us that had to stare down #2 above at some point and managed through it successfully.

Re: I agree with you, and would add that IMO being a Tiger

May 17, 2012, 11:34 PM

As Andy Rooney used to say,
"I know I did"
LOL
:)
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2012, 2:31 PM

I hate the comments where people are saying he will be always be a tiger or whatever.

He may have picked us out of high school, but he did not put in the work necessary to earn that title. To me it is a disgrace to all of the people, student athletes and graduates, that worked their tails off at Clemson to put this guy on a pedestal. I wish him the best in his future, but his time at Clemson is over.

May 16, 2012, 2:33 PM

wow what a guy you must be. perfect in every way

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2012, 2:40 PM

Yep Sunday morning Christians

And bold for you too

May 16, 2012, 2:49 PM

Look at the facts and be objective. This is not a 13 yr old child. He is a GROWN man than can vote, go to prison, and fight in a war. He has and was held accountable for his own poor decisions. Hopefully he and all other young men who make mistakes (lord knows I've made 'em) can figure life out quickly. Otherwise he'll enjoy a low-paying job and/or jail. That's real life.

He said he made mistakes too. I can get the fans who are

May 16, 2012, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Re: I just love all the folks taking the high road on Bellamy ]

frustrated by all of this. I know this sucks for Bellamy but it may be good for him. I didnt straighten up till I fell flat on my face. Bellamy can fall further than he has, but hopefully he doesnt want to. I hope he works hard to get back here or somewhere else and shines.

Maybe if I made it bold it would help you see it better

May 16, 2012, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: I just love all the folks taking the high road on Bellamy ]

I thought he stated this points very well...

May 16, 2012, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: I just love all the folks taking the high road on Bellamy ]

and they make sense.

What would disagree with in his statements?

It takes a lot more than a year at Clemson to call yourself

May 16, 2012, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I just love all the folks taking the high road on Bellamy ]

a Tiger.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: It takes a lot more than a year at Clemson to call yourself

May 17, 2012, 8:01 AM

Yeah, like maybe a degree?? Another scenario that I would see as earning the right to be a Tiger would be leaving Clemson early for sports (making the most of your financial future) without your degree. Giving three years to Clemson and going on to better your life is good in my book. About the only other way I can think of is to die while you're in school at CU. Other than that, I don't know if there are many more arguments for calling one a Tiger.

Re: Strong sarcasm in thread title. You don't love it***

May 16, 2012, 2:42 PM

May 16, 2012, 3:04 PM

Then why knock them? They have their opinions just like you. Good luck Mike.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with a little of what you say,,,BUT...

May 16, 2012, 3:22 PM

He may be a 21 yr old and considered grown man in years, but is a YOUNG man in his mentality, as are most 21 yr olds. If you don't think background and upbringing does not matter, you need to get in the real world. Did he have lots of opportunties that the normal freshman does not have,,,maybe....however, coming from a place that did not offer him any of those opportunities can be very overwhelming. He was not used to structure or accountability. It was foreign to him and hard to accept. Authority in his type of life is like the enemy. If you see things in a home or neighborhood enough, it becomes normal to them, just as abuse becomes normal to someone who sees it every day. When you have resources thrown at you and have never experienced that before, you have no idea how to use them. When you are put on a pedestal in high school because of football and have people worshipping you in hometowns, you never learn how to cope in the real world. Your real world has been having everyone praising you just for your athletic abilities and not caring about the other part of your life. Heads are turned in order to win a football game.

Did he screw up,,YES!. Should he be held accountable...YES. Is this an excuse for what he has done...H ELL NO!!

Do I feel sorry for him....sorta....I feel sorry that he was not given the opportunities growing up that could have provided him the tools he needed for life. Hopefully is is a late learner and all works out for him.

Wrong. So wrong. You think Elliott was just another 21 yo? I

May 16, 2012, 3:33 PM

had friends at Clemson taking 17 & 18 hours a semester and working 2 and 3 jobs to put themselves through school. To lump all 21 year olds together, or compare MB to all the kids doing things the right way is ignorant. Not to mention insulting to 90+% of the 21 year olds at Clemson.

Perfectly said

May 16, 2012, 9:01 PM [ in reply to I agree with a little of what you say,,,BUT... ]

20 year olds are for the most part young and immature. They think they're great and that the world owes them something. B/c of a huge age difference I feel worlds apart with my 20 year old brother and his friends. I see their immaturity all the time. Hopefully Mike will grow up and do what he needs to do to better himself.

Reminds me of a comedy bit by Louis CK about 20 year old. He's so spot on, pretty funny.

Here's a link, but warning there is STRONG language and it does get a little crude and offensive so those who get offended, don't click!

http://soundcloud.com/doctormowinckel/louis-ck-20-year-olds

And I assume you think Sammy should be kicked off also

May 16, 2012, 3:26 PM

I assume by your opinion that sammy is a low life that will end up in prison and doesn't deaserve to be a tiger also???

Clemson has had several players make dumb mistakes and will continue to have players make mistakes. Every school has these issues. Some will learn from their mistakes others will not.

I wish all of these guys best of luck, they chose to be a tiger and they will always be a tiger in my opinion. Just like Garcia will always be a coot!!!!!

Where do you people get such nonsense? You read into posts

May 16, 2012, 3:41 PM

in ways so irresponsibly its mind boggling. And having a roommate doing things the wrong way is a distraction. RE: Sammy, he needs to be suspended for at least 1 game. But for the record, people thinking Sammy simply made one bad mistake are fooling themselves. I'd bet my house Sammy smoked pot in high school and at Clemson. He finally got caught. Hopefully he will value his opportunity and future over selfish indulgences and clean up his act, unlike MB.

I'd agree that your inference on SW is probably correct

May 16, 2012, 3:47 PM

however we can only go based on facts. Fact is, SW has had 1 problem. That's it.

Let's hope he doesn't have more.

Actually we have no idea how many, if any, problems Sammy

May 16, 2012, 4:15 PM

has. All we know is he has only gotten in trouble, or caught, one time. And to be 100% accurate, that could be restated as ... we only KNOW of one incident. There could be others that we never heard about. I doubt that is the case, but it is the most accurate observation.

The reality is, history is littered with cases of something shocking happening to a public figure that we later find out was part of a larger pattern, but the general public was totally and completely oblivious and never knew anything about it until that watershed event.

Well I'll clear it up since you are making an assumption

May 16, 2012, 3:45 PM [ in reply to And I assume you think Sammy should be kicked off also ]

Here's the difference:

SW-One problem. No he shouldn't be kicked off the team.
MB-suspended for multiple games, sent home from ACCCG, didn't stay eligible academically. Shouldn't be in Clemson playing football anymore.

I agree about folks making mistakes. There is a HUGE difference between 1 mistake and 5 or 6.

Re: Well I'll clear it up since you are making an assumption

May 17, 2012, 7:36 PM

didn't seem to matter for garcia,but that's right.i forgot. he was dirtpecker.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I agree 100%. Point. MB, Crosby, and others simply didn't

May 16, 2012, 3:26 PM

have the maturity needed and threw away their chance at millions of dollars and a better life for them and their family. .

Re: I agree 100%. Point. MB, Crosby, and others simply didn't

May 17, 2012, 1:58 PM

You are so wrong about Crosby. You go thru what that young man had to deal with then talk

May 16, 2012, 3:58 PM

It is brow-raising to me that people think they can judge a person based on some loose facts about this persons past, or the way they have chosen to live thier life. Mike Bellamy , for whatever reason didnt make his grades and is now dismissed... it really doesnt matter what the circumstance was behind this... it is just the way things have played out. Judging one man is not any other mans job..... Go Tigers

In MB's case we were told repeatedly his mitakes. Doing

May 16, 2012, 4:37 PM

stupid crap, missing class, acting out, acting entitled and demanding more than you have earned, etc. are not assumptions, but facts relayed to the public. All of these things are under MB's control. He chose the wrong path and deserves to be blasted for it, esp since the scholarship money he wasted was donated by tiger fans. He has/had a responsibility to every member of IPTAY and every season ticket holder.

he was also a jaw-flapper

May 16, 2012, 4:35 PM

which is not the clemson way - not on the level he did it. He wasn't a good fit here.

Whaaaaaa.... a player left. He didn't break up with...

May 16, 2012, 4:36 PM

any of us so stop acting like a bunch of spurned lovers. He's a kid that didn't work out... the end. Why not wish him luck? Who cares.

Technically he hurt the program (if you want to break it down) but technically we're all hurting the companies we work for by typing on TNet all day. Is what we're doing any different. Maybe the next guy in line for our jobs wouldn't have waisted his boss' time on here. Are you letting your company down? If I look at the facts and am objective, the answer is yes.

It's not personal so get over it.

PS: Good luck Mike, no qualifications, just good luck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Good sir, you should reread my post

May 17, 2012, 8:18 AM

I said "good luck" at the bottom.

Some things are best left unsaid.***

May 16, 2012, 8:16 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thank you!***

May 16, 2012, 8:45 PM

I sooo hoped that Bellamy would get his shyt together, but I'm glad

May 16, 2012, 9:32 PM

that he's moved on. This guy could have been one of the best we ever had, but after reading his " I can get more playin' time elsewhere" post the week of the BC game, I thought what is he doing? Then there were the fumbles.... Lord- have you ever seen somebody with a higher fumble per carry ratio in college football? When the suspension for the weed or whatever right before the ACC CG, I thought- well, its over for him now. Yet, he was given another shot...
He had plenty of chances, lots more than most folks get..... so, so long Mike.... thanks for crossing the goal line those 3 times before you got touched by anyone- resulting in another fumble, and thanks for demanding that Dabo not take Lane, so you wouldn't go somewhere else.
If he stayed any longer he was going to become our "Garcia problem".

Good luck, Mike Bellamy, and God bless.

May 17, 2012, 9:38 AM

Sorry. I wasn't raised to just give up on people. Call me naïve or idealistic or whatever.

"To err is human; to forgive is divine." -Alexander Pope

GO TIGERS!

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

Good post. I stuck up for him through the first few

May 17, 2012, 1:07 PM

episodes, but at this point it is obvious that Bellamy was a problem for the team. It's good that he is gone, because he was embarrassing and hurting our program tremendously...not to mention the fodder he was giving the coots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel bad for the kid, but JUCO has helped many a young man

May 17, 2012, 11:56 PM

get their act together and move on. I hope he takes advantage of it and prospers in life. We invited him to our University and cheered him on and I'm cheering for him now. If he makes it through JUCO okay I hope we don't have to play him. If we do, I hope we hold him to -5 yards. I wish him the best and Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 4,458
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic