Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just saw Sammy give his life to Christ
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 101
| visibility 1

Just saw Sammy give his life to Christ

Apr 8, 2012, 10:57 AM

At Newspring Church!!!

Happy Easter!!!

He Is Risen!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats always a Thumbs Up, no matter who it is.***

Apr 8, 2012, 11:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Just saw Sammy give his life to Christ

Apr 8, 2012, 11:02 AM

What wonderful news on Easter!!! Thank you for sharing!

Apr 8, 2012, 11:06 AM

good news. I guess I had just assumed from some comments along the way that he already had

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2012, 5:03 PM

Since I didn't see it. 'don't know, but sometimes it's a re-committment, or I'll call it a deeper committment.
I know it happened a couple of times, with myself.
:)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Praise the Lord!

Apr 8, 2012, 11:42 AM

May it spread to all those around him!

Confirmed via facebook

Apr 8, 2012, 12:03 PM

"Just got done with church it was a great service today just got saved what a good feeling"

Who would down thumbs this? Most important decision Sammy

Apr 8, 2012, 12:18 PM

will ever make!

I never cease to be amazed

Apr 8, 2012, 12:49 PM

at some of the things that get TD's here. There atre some real bozos here

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I never cease to be amazed

Apr 8, 2012, 12:58 PM

You will find them in every group everywhere you go and more and more of them are showing up as the criticism of all things christian become more prevalent.

I bet if they watched Ben-Hur they would think

Apr 8, 2012, 1:00 PM

Emperor Tiberius was the good guy.

Re: I never cease to be amazed

Apr 8, 2012, 1:57 PM [ in reply to I never cease to be amazed ]

you are #1 in the bozo class.i was looking to see what negative post u would have for this.get a life.

Used to watch your show

Apr 8, 2012, 3:55 PM

as a kid.

KMA

I can only surmise that

Apr 8, 2012, 5:48 PM [ in reply to Re: I never cease to be amazed ]

you totally MISUNDERSTOOD 74's post.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who would down thumbs this? Most important decision Sammy

Apr 8, 2012, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Who would down thumbs this? Most important decision Sammy ]

God will only take the good. The person/persons that would TD someone giving their life to God. They will find the gates to Heaven locked tight. And when they hear the screams coming from behind the gates of hell. You have walked just a step to far to turn back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who would down thumbs this? Most important decision Sammy

Apr 8, 2012, 6:54 PM

> God will only take the good. The person/persons that
> would TD someone giving their life to God. They will
> find the gates to Heaven locked tight. And when they
> hear the screams coming from behind the gates of
> hell. You have walked just a step to far to turn back.

LOL at condemning people to Hell based on a thumbs down on a message board post. Hopefully you're not allowed to operate heavy machinery.

Probably the Devil: he ain't real happy right about now.***

Apr 8, 2012, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Who would down thumbs this? Most important decision Sammy ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

13 people TDed this post, wow and sad****

Apr 9, 2012, 5:46 PM [ in reply to Who would down thumbs this? Most important decision Sammy ]

I didn't TD or TU it but as awesome as it might be that

Apr 9, 2012, 8:12 PM

Sammy did this, there is a board for religious posts and this one non-football/sports post is taking up 80% of my viewable screen on the Tiger Football page.

God bless,
CBS

Re: 13 people TDed this post, wow and sad****

Apr 9, 2012, 9:46 PM [ in reply to 13 people TDed this post, wow and sad**** ]

I'm not all that big in to Christianity, but I am big fan of Jesus'. The two don't seem to relate to each other today, sadly. I so wish they did. Maybe some Christians should consider the "thumbs downs" and ask why. Maybe it has something to do with what Christianity professes vs. what Christians actually seem to condone.

The topic is not for this board, obviously, but definitely a topic for some of you (who've brought it up) and who are scratching your heads to consider.

Peace and love one another (hint).

Win, lose or draw . . . I'm a Tiger fan forevermore!

Hurricane Duane

Thank God for athletes and all others who make good choices

Apr 9, 2012, 10:25 PM

No way can you criticize anyone for giving their life to Christ. He is putting his life on the right track. Sammy is a very good example to all youngsters. He has great character.

Apr 8, 2012, 12:50 PM

God Bless Him. His witness can surely affect other if he will live up to his commitment.. Go Deuce.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2012, 12:50 PM

That is great news!

Preacher Perry ain't stupid.........he knows that is going

Apr 8, 2012, 1:16 PM

to be one hefty weekly tithe in a couple of years. Way to recruit, Perry! ;)

Re: You are one cynical person.***

Apr 8, 2012, 3:53 PM

Calling that man a preacher is a stretch.***

Apr 8, 2012, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Preacher Perry ain't stupid.........he knows that is going ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Calling that man a preacher is a stretch.***

Apr 8, 2012, 7:29 PM

I call him my pastor and so do thousands of others. You should be ashamed of yourself if you are a Christian. It was the arrogant so-called religous men of the day that caused the death of one they thought "radical" and shook up their status quo. We celebrate him today and everyday. Peace.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you are now comparing Preacher Perry to Jesus.....

Apr 8, 2012, 7:36 PM

we all rest our case. Have a good day.

Signed,
The Cynical One

Re: So you are now comparing Preacher Perry to Jesus.....

Apr 8, 2012, 8:07 PM

You misunderstood my reply. There is no one comparable to Christ.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it wasn't a misunderstanding. it was cynicism.***

Apr 8, 2012, 9:10 PM

you celebrate him by making Perry Noble rich***

Apr 8, 2012, 10:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Calling that man a preacher is a stretch.*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish Anderson County/SC could tax Newspring.***

Apr 9, 2012, 1:26 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dunno man...the guy is greasy. And he sure does

Apr 9, 2012, 12:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Calling that man a preacher is a stretch.*** ]

appear to love him some Perry. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lszQZHAoWU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wNuxEonr0g&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vpueaiy-c8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DFE6kq40g0

You may like him. And thats all that is important. I just dont get a good feeling about the guy....even viewing NewSpring videos posted for their promotion just dont touch me in a genuine way.

I've never trusted the mega church approach or new age...

Apr 9, 2012, 2:00 AM

Christianity.

Re: I've never trusted the mega church approach or new age...

Apr 9, 2012, 2:57 PM

Def: The NEW AGE Movement is difficult to define because "there is no hierarchy, dogma, doctrine, collection plate, or membership." It is a collection, an assortment of different theologies with the common threads of toleration and divergence weaving through its tapestry of "universal truth."

There is no "New Age" at NewSpring. II Corinthians 5:17, Isaiah 64:6, Matthew 7:21-23 Romans 5:8 John 1:12 were the basis for Mirror, Mirror, our Easter Service. We have 8 campuses: Anderson, Greenville, Spartanburg, Greenwood, Florence, Columbia, Myrtle Beach and Charleston. We had 29.000 people attend for 7 services in Anderson and included a mixture of the number of services held at the other campuses. We had 1,033 salvations professed. If you feel that numbers don't matter or it is just a numbers game... Remember this, every number has a name, every name has a story, and every story matters to God. We had over 5,000 children in attendance too. New Spring started at Anderson College in a dorm with just a Bible study that Perry was asked to hold and at 11:00pm at that. That tiny Bible study has grown to this size in just 10+ years. I'd say it's a GOD THING, not a Perry thing.

Question for you

Apr 9, 2012, 3:10 PM

If it's a "god" thing, not a Perry thing then why would god solicit/extract so much money from ns folks and try to spread the place like wildfire?

There are thousands upon thousands of churches in SC. Why Perry N, why his small bible study, and why ns?

Me thinks you ought to look at the culture a bit closer. The almighty dollar and a culture of recruiting are your answers. Not god. Sorry to break it to you.

Not being a hater, just being objective.

Successful business/revenue growth under the cloak of "doing god's work" seems to really jade some folks. Don't lose sight of the fact that ns is a business, and there are employees there who are compensated more as revenues/profits grow.

I promise you Perry N makes a HEAP of cash each year, and much of it is not reported. What is reported is taxed, if at all, at a rate low enough that it would make you sick.

Re: Question for you

Apr 9, 2012, 3:20 PM

Perry says often that if you do not feel comfortable giving to Newspring, to give your tithe to another church in the community. Nobody should be forced to give money to a church they do not personally feel is using their money in a God-honoring way. This isn't about Newspring. I don't agree with the exact number of 10% but being generous and not hoarding your wealth is a way to remind you that God is the lone provider of everything you have.

Apr 9, 2012, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Question for you ]

Have you taken a look at our annual Financial Report? Financial expers and tax people come in once a year and spend a full week going over the records with a fine-toothed comb. If you are interested, come to the church and talk with someone about your concerns. If you are an owner there, (members are served)owners have responsibilities, you can question anything you wish.

NewSpring sponsors other churchs in other countries. They work in Kenya to provide running water, floors in schools, sponsor trips there several times a year for volunteers from our church including drs. and nurses. Kids that can't afford to go to the summer trip, Gauntlet, are sponsored and go free. Two of the poorest schools in Anderson County, and Greenville County and all of the counties where we have a church, we give coats and a pair of shoes each Christmas to all of the children. We have built playgrounds for those schools. The amount of help provided by NewSpring to the local food banks is also a priority. The list is long. These things are done with no pomp and circumstance. We've given away houses, cars, etc. to people. It's ok that you don't know these things. They are not advertised.

People go where they get their needs met. Perry is plain spoken, down to earth, is funny, is a speaker who can hold one's attention to the point of you're not looking at your watch. 3,000 ministers and staff members from all over the US and the world come to hear him at Unleash here in Anderson once a year. Our staff in all aspects of of church leadership hold classes from how to do a sound system, how to do videos, how we do everything basically, so that they can take back the parts that fit where they are and get it started there. The sad thing is that hundreds churches are closing their doors each day from lack of attendance. It's up to the leadership to bring their church services up to the level that people are used to in their everyday lives. Disney, and others spend millions on getting our kids' attention,but many churches spend more on their seniors for trips, etc. than they do on their kids-teenagers. If there is a trip or special thing for the kids, they have to do car washes, sell something to raise their money. They are the future of the church. A member of the Crisis Ministry in Anderson said that NewSpring was the most community-minded church he had ever seen. Come visit us sometimes. Your eyes will be opened.

Apr 9, 2012, 6:42 PM

Amen,well said my brother! NewSpring does lots of different things that people dont know about,because they do it out of love for Christ,not to show off and not to brag!

When you said fine toothed comb here is what i imagined.

Apr 9, 2012, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Question for you ]

https://www.google.com/search?q=we+aint+found+####&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=NXqDT4S6JYHg2gW5hqntDQ&biw=1216&bih=650&sei=N3qDT9uzGufg2QWxvczxBg

Churches aren't taxed.***

Apr 9, 2012, 8:08 PM [ in reply to Question for you ]

They don't pay property taxes- they pay taxes

Apr 9, 2012, 10:01 PM

they pay social security taxes on their employees, they pay FICA taxes, they pay sales taxes on their purchases.

That's what I was referring to. Property tax. Could you

Apr 9, 2012, 11:18 PM

imagine the property tax on Newspring?

to be honest- no I couldn't.***

Apr 10, 2012, 1:41 PM

Apr 9, 2012, 10:52 PM [ in reply to Re: I've never trusted the mega church approach or new age... ]

No doubt it's a God thing. I'm from the coast of SC but have been following the growth and ministry of Newspring for years. Newspring is a great church and Perry is a great pastor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2012, 6:11 PM [ in reply to I've never trusted the mega church approach or new age... ]

It is nothing new age my friend,just a different way of worship,they still preach that faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation and eternal life!

I agree. It's just a different niche than traditional church

Apr 9, 2012, 9:10 PM

I'll be the first to say that I don't like it. But that doesn't mean that is doesn't have a place in the catholic church (little c).

Most of the theology I've heard at NS is orthodox by the non-reformed standard, but the focus is very very very narrow = converts. It's all about the numbers.

There is little room for discipleship, building relationships, pastoral care, or Christian education.

Well has he ever been to seminary?

Apr 9, 2012, 1:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Calling that man a preacher is a stretch.*** ]

No, he hasn't.

Scary

Apr 9, 2012, 6:00 PM

I found this from Perrynoble.com dated October 2006

"As I said earlier–we have a large staff…and only have one seminary degree among us all. (And it’s not me!)"

Re: Well has he ever been to seminary?

Apr 9, 2012, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Well has he ever been to seminary? ]

No my friend,he has not,did the apostle Paul go to seminary? no!I came out of the independent baptist denomination where most pastors never went to seminary!It is the call of God on ones life that is most important,not going to a school,lots of pastors go to seminary as a career path,and are never really called to preach!

Apostle Paul did go to seminary. He was a Jewish rabbi***

Apr 9, 2012, 8:54 PM

BOOM, owned.***

Apr 9, 2012, 11:19 PM

Re: Apostle Paul did go to seminary. He was a Jewish rabbi***

Apr 10, 2012, 1:27 AM [ in reply to Apostle Paul did go to seminary. He was a Jewish rabbi*** ]

Correct! a JEWISH rabbi, he became a christian later on when he met Jesus on the Damascus road,up to that point he persecuted Christians,hated them!He knew the laws and all the rituals,a very educated man,but he was trusting in his goodness and religion to save him.He was taught the truth through prayer by the Holy Spirit,not at a school or seminary!

I'm not your friend, pal.***

Apr 9, 2012, 11:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Well has he ever been to seminary? ]

Re: I'm not your friend, pal.***

Apr 10, 2012, 1:29 AM

And I am not your pal....friend!

Re: Well has he ever been to seminary?

Apr 9, 2012, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Well has he ever been to seminary? ]

So?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's like being a teacher without an...ok you know what?

Apr 9, 2012, 11:19 PM

Nevermind.

No, he is a "Preacher"

Apr 9, 2012, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Calling that man a preacher is a stretch.*** ]

Being a "Pastor" would imply he possesses pastoral traits, such as visiting members in the hospital; which Perry has stated he doesn't do. Or building personal relationships with his congregants, which he doesn't.

This does not sound like pastoral traits.

Lol, even Dabo visits people in the hospital.

Apr 9, 2012, 12:50 PM

Perry is like a rockstar.

Re: Lol, even Dabo visits people in the hospital.

Apr 9, 2012, 6:26 PM

Many large churches have staff that visits the sick,not just NewSpring.In all my years of serving God through the local church I seen several pastors burn completely out trying to visit the sick and shepard the flock,it can be overwhelming!

Apr 8, 2012, 1:22 PM

WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am happy for him

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most important catch of his life, I'm sure God has

Apr 8, 2012, 1:26 PM

a tremendous game plan for Sammy. Jer 29:11-14

Pretty strong testament to the leadership of our staff to

Apr 8, 2012, 1:54 PM

live as Godly examples and encourage these guys to not neglect their spiritual life.

Pretty awesome stuff.

Re: Pretty strong testament to the leadership of our staff to

Apr 8, 2012, 6:56 PM

I don't see it as a strong testament to the staff when a man is born again. Don't give glory to a coach when a kid is saved, give glory to God.

The dude wasn't giving glory to the staff, just mentioning

Apr 8, 2012, 8:55 PM

that the way they live their lives and the influences they have on the players could have had an impact on Sammy getting saved today.

The glory is still to God, but the coaches could have been messengers for God, as we all should be.

Re: The dude wasn't giving glory to the staff, just mentioning

Apr 9, 2012, 7:01 AM

I just hope it's a legitimate thing. It's very easy to go up to an alter and make a half-hearted commitment when emotions are running high during a service.

There is nothing easy about that. Young man, in the

Apr 9, 2012, 8:45 AM

spotlight, told all the time he is awesome, the best ....

To go up front and admit he is in need of a Savior and to publicly commit to a higher calling ...

Pretty hard to do if you were to ask me.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: There is nothing easy about that. Young man, in the

Apr 9, 2012, 7:37 PM

I'm not referring to humbling himself. He's a very humble young man who I respect on and off the field. But it is, in fact, very easy to go up to an alter, pray a prayer, and walk away, believing that you are saved. Hopefully, this isn't the case, because that isn't real salvation. I hope that it's a legitimate profession and he'll truly live out what he professes.

Awesome! He has risen indeed!***

Apr 8, 2012, 2:33 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just had an epiphany!

Apr 8, 2012, 4:13 PM

Must confirm.

Apr 8, 2012, 5:45 PM

He is risen indeed! Awesome that sammy feels the call to be a witness. Go tigers

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's awesome!

Apr 8, 2012, 6:25 PM

Wish I was there to see that. I went last night and sat by Dabo.

Re: Calling that man a preacher is a stretch.***

Apr 8, 2012, 6:44 PM

Witness and preacher two different birds.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think money grubber is a better term***

Apr 8, 2012, 7:56 PM

Apr 8, 2012, 6:51 PM

Hopefully, this is a legitimate commitment and not one of the half-hearted ones that I've made time and time again. I'm a huge Carolina fan and don't come over here to troll. Sammy Watkins seems like a good kid and well-mannered.
Once again, I hope this is not one of those one-time deals, I hope that he had legitimately given his life to Christ and will evangelize to his team mates. Soli Deo Gloria. All to the Glory to God.

how do you now what he did spiritually?***

Apr 8, 2012, 6:52 PM

^^^^Cynic

Apr 8, 2012, 7:49 PM

At the end of the service,

Apr 8, 2012, 11:11 PM [ in reply to how do you now what he did spiritually?*** ]

Pastor P invited anyone who had just given their life to Chirst to get up and walk to the front and write their name on a mirror. Sammy was very easy to spot because of his sick dreads.

oh ok

Apr 8, 2012, 11:52 PM

I thought that he just saw him in church.

I'm not the most religious person, but this news does make

Apr 8, 2012, 7:11 PM

me happy. Christian athletes are often good ambassadors for humankind. Sammy is reminding me a lot of a certain CJ Spiller. He is already making us very proud.

Better than any award he will ever

Apr 8, 2012, 7:29 PM

Win on earth! Glad to have kids with this type of character on our team. Congrats Sammy!

Apr 8, 2012, 7:46 PM

These threads always concern me.

Perspective...

Let's be careful about the pressure we put on Sammy. He is an imperfect human, just as is any other Christian. He will fall; he will make mistakes - just as we do. Let's rejoice in his personal (PERSONAL) commitment to God. Let's not impose any pressure on him to win legions to God through his high profile athletic position or to be perfect. He is just a guy, let him remain so.

His salvation is just as glorious as the special-needs gentleman's salvation in my Sunday School class. No better, no worse. Incidentally, I was blessed this AM by what that gentleman said, and what I think he was trying to say. I suppose this morning that he was a loud trumpet for God, at least to me, more than Mr. Watkins.

If Sammy stays true God (hopefully better than a crummy guy like me), he will do fine by God and man.

Re:Well said***

Apr 8, 2012, 9:26 PM

Best news I've read today...........***

Apr 8, 2012, 7:54 PM

Apr 8, 2012, 8:45 PM

Amen ! Amen !

Apr 8, 2012, 9:03 PM

No catch, touchdown, win, or championship will ever compare to this eternal decision!

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!***

Apr 8, 2012, 9:17 PM

Apr 8, 2012, 10:32 PM

Not a fan of newspring church...are they watering down the gospel to bring people into the church?

It's a new age christianity mega church, that tries to make

Apr 8, 2012, 11:22 PM

worship services like rock concerts.

And comedy shows.***

Apr 9, 2012, 1:27 AM

Our "job" as believers is to introduce (be the light

Apr 8, 2012, 11:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Just saw Sammy give his life to Christ ]

in a very dark world) Jesus to those that do not know Him. After that Jesus will get personal with them.

Your question- NO they teach the Gospel as it is written. Been to many services there and love what they are doing for the Kingdom. Have talked to Perry on several occasions and NO DOUBT as to his love for the Lord. NO DOUBT Jesus is at work in that place! and there is nothing that can be said on this board that can change that!

Go God!

No Doubt as to his love for the fancy shirts he wears….

Apr 9, 2012, 2:07 AM

and expensive audio equipment he gets to play with.

Re: No Doubt as to his love for the fancy shirts he wears….

Apr 9, 2012, 2:11 AM

Who? Sammy?

Message was edited by: mikeyT®

no, the money grubber Perry Noble***

Apr 9, 2012, 3:03 AM

Apr 9, 2012, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Just saw Sammy give his life to Christ ]

No sir they still preach Jesus Christ,faith in his finished work and repentance of sin as the only way to salvation and eternal life!

Well it took all of 5 pages.....

Apr 9, 2012, 1:54 AM

before we got to hear how much y'all hate the pastor and Newspring Church. I know nothing about them except the links and slams y'all keep posting anytime they are mentioned . If you dont like NS and the pastor go somewhere else. Just be happy (for once in your cynical lives) that Sammy has taken this road rather than some others out there.

Only concerned if it helps him run faster

Apr 9, 2012, 5:54 AM

or catch more passes. What he does with his personal life is his business.

Re: Just saw Sammy give his life to Perry Nobles***

Apr 9, 2012, 8:02 AM

Thank you Jesus! Another soul we get to live eternity with..***

Apr 9, 2012, 8:30 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

That's awesome - but something tells me I won't be able to

Apr 9, 2012, 8:37 AM

cover him in heaven, either.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I coulda sworn

Apr 10, 2012, 8:30 AM

He mentioned doing everything for Jesus Christ last year in his interviews and talked about Clemson being a great place where he could be open about his faith and such when he first enrolled???

Am I imagining this, or is this one of those "backsliding/returning" deals?

Not trying to start controversy, just wondering... b/c I'm not sure "saved" or "gave his life to Christ" would be the right term if he is just trying to get back on track with his spiritual commitment or even "rededicating"...

Thoughts?

Proud to know that...but...

Apr 10, 2012, 3:04 PM

I really like the teaching of Perry at Newspring but think he sometimes gets so carried away trying to appeal to the unbelievers that he loses some discernment. Hope Sammy and the other guys don't pick up on some of this.
I am very opposed to religious traditionalism and leagalism but believe the Holy Spirit will lead us avoid some unappropriate words and suggestions. Some of Perry's choice of words are from Him not the Lord, in my opinion. Better for these guys to be there than getting all hyped up on works and religion.Go Tigers!

Replies: 101
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic