Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Go Tigers...Time for me to vent
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Go Tigers...Time for me to vent

Mar 29, 2012, 4:53 PM

it is amazing to me the lack of loyalty for Coach Leggett, despite the good work done prior....

yes...this team is struggling right now....seems we have had this conversation before in regards to other sports....

bottom line....anyone calling for Jack Leggett to be fired at this point in the season is just simply in my opinion not a true Clemson fan..or a Clemson fan with not a lot of priorities (like a job) etc......and also does not know baseball too well...

we are..young ....inexperienced....a freshman pitcher that we are counting on to be a weekend starter (Gossett)....two pitchers coming off serious injuries....and several players dotting the batting lineup that this time last year were facing high school pitchers.......and the injury bug has also hit (Brittle)

I am not making excuses.....I don't like losing....but it is time to stand up and support our young Tigers and Clemson.....

not sit on the internet and for every season...find a coach to fire.....

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Go Tigers...Time for me to vent

Mar 29, 2012, 5:20 PM

We were not that good last yr too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good grief--we won over 40 games last year

Mar 31, 2012, 11:30 AM

and were in the top 4 in the CWS the previous year.

Disappoining finish last year but we had a nice team.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Not asking for him to be fired, but it may be time

Mar 29, 2012, 5:24 PM

for him to groom a successor - three have already been mentioned - and then bow out gracefully.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jack is not the same guy he was in 1994, but

Mar 31, 2012, 11:19 AM

none of us are. He has more than earned the right to set his own plan for continuing to coach, grooming a successor, or retirement. 1200+ wins is an incredible benchmark of success, and he has surpassed BW in many important win categories.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jack is only 58 years old and is in excellent

Mar 31, 2012, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Not asking for him to be fired, but it may be time ]

condition. I would expect him to coach for another 10-12 years if he wants to.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Mar 29, 2012, 5:30 PM

I agree with you 100%, but this issue is falling on deaf ears. If we win 5 games straight then lose 1, Jack is terrible again. Good post though.

Not necessarily ... I have attended 80%- 90% of the

Mar 29, 2012, 5:42 PM

home games for 7 years now. I have observed the following issues -

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=93&threadID=1092618&messageID=12055336#12055336

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Mar 29, 2012, 5:44 PM

I agree 100%! My Tigers win or lose. A lot of times the complaining sounds like a "flock" of coots.

Mar 29, 2012, 5:47 PM

I said at the beginning of the season that Clemson would finish at .500 this year. We lack major talent on this team to be good.

Why are we always rebuilding? Who is responsible for our

Mar 29, 2012, 5:59 PM

having the players we have?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2012, 6:07 PM

babe, guess we just gonna have to realize we have a group of mouthbreathers that can come of with any stat to make anyone look bad. but the main stat is 6 trips to omaha and 1200 wins which i think is top 10 all time. coach leggett will know when it is time to hang it up. seems to me he just hired one of the top young recruiters in the country to get us back where we need to be. the 13 and 14 classes prove that.

Hard to believe - but the players facilities are dreadful! W

Mar 29, 2012, 6:11 PM

Went through the team locker room etc, with Bob Mahony last week. As beautiful as the stadium is OUTside, it is the opposite INside. Don't know if this is causing a dropoff in talent or not. We know it hurt in football. Bob said the UVa facilities put ours to shame.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2012, 7:25 PM

What were the excuses the past few years when the defense was awful, the fundamentals were awful?

Mar 29, 2012, 11:08 PM

He did a good job in the past. That was 6 years ago. For me it bought him a few years including 08. I know baseball as well as anyone on this board I'd wager. Good is the enemy of great.

1- We aren't that young with Pohl, Shaffer, Keiboom, Felder, Stolz.

2-Pohle is the fr weekend starter, not Gossett. other fr starting pitchers: mottl, Reba, Jackson, Benson, vining, berken, Dwyer were all sp as Fr. Either we aren't getting the same talent or the coaching is worse. Either way it falls back on the HC to fix.

3-Brittle wasn't exactly lighting it up at the plate but he's a great cf. We've been pretty healthy so far.

Not to questioning how well you know baseball, but Pohle is

Mar 30, 2012, 6:24 AM

a sophomore. We don't have a freshman weekend starter. Gossett has started two mid week games.

Re: Not to questioning how well you know baseball, but Pohle is

Mar 30, 2012, 6:30 AM

Also Benson was not a freshman starter at Clemson. Benson played his freshman year at UCONN (I believe) and transferred down to Clemson for his Soph season.

Fair enough. I can barely remember my 4 years so I'm lucky I

Mar 30, 2012, 8:23 AM

came close anyway.

Nosmelc??

Mar 30, 2012, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Not to questioning how well you know baseball, but Pohle is ]

UConn? Did I miss something? Believe Kris came to CU as a freshman and stayed three years. Archives start with the 96 season which was his last but really am quite sure.

For the record.......

Mar 31, 2012, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Not to questioning how well you know baseball, but Pohle is ]

Kris Benson enrolled as a freshman at Clemson from Kennesaw, GA. I knew his parents well during his career at Clemson. He recorded a perfect 2-inning save in the first game of the 1994 season against Western Carolina (ironically, Jack's first game as the new head coach at Clemson). He did not start at the beginning of his freshman season, but later became a starter in the rotation with Andy Taulbee, Jason Dawsey, and others (Koch, Holtz, etc.). Completed his freshman season with 7 victories.

I think Pohle and Gossett could really anchor the rotation

Mar 30, 2012, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Not to questioning how well you know baseball, but Pohle is ]

next year. I know JL isn't going anywhere for now so I hope we at least replace Pepicelli.

Mar 30, 2012, 10:41 AM

Nice post. Maybe our fans are just more passionate, but TigerNet is about the only forum where calls for the coach to be fired are heard after a loss or two. Seems like no sport is spared. Maybe the mods on other sites just don't put up with it all the negativity. Not sure.

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Re: Go Tigers...Time for me to vent - don't agree

Mar 30, 2012, 11:36 AM

To each his own opinion. As a Clemson graduate and IPTAY and Loyalty Fund donor I have different expectations and definitions of loyalty. Just like Bowden should have been gone 5 years before he was it is time for Leggett to go. Not necessarily mid-year, but this year. Mediocrity is not something to be loyal about and the perfomance of the team has been off for several years and sliding.

Mar 30, 2012, 12:05 PM

Loyalty?

The man has won one Championship in the last 16 years. I think we have been more than loyal.

The man has fielded teams with bad fundamentals for a decade.

The man has lost to the majority of top 25 ranked teams and padded his records against teams we out talent.

null

any time a coach has a bad season message board folks

Mar 30, 2012, 12:17 PM

Go crazy. I remember after USuC got drilled by auburn then FSU many Coots wanted Spurrier gone. Is the reason message boards get made fun of

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic