Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deer Clemson Wimps....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 4,665

Deer Clemson Wimps....

Mar 4, 2012, 8:26 PM

just stop it! I am sick of the whining about our current record vs. SC University. I am 61 years old and these things come and go!

Understand this if you don't understand our superiority to SC University you just don't get it. We dominate in terms of academics and athletics. Yeah, this is a tough period but we own them. This is a moment in time.

No this is not a call to stop your criticism and expression of displeasure when we lose but its is time to MAN UP. That means you don't jump off the cliff with ever loss.

We have a basketball team that is not the most talented but WOW do they work! We were two runs from winning the baseball series with SC University and I think our administration finally understands the value of athletics with the recent increase in salaries for football coaching staff.

You are Clemson!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AMEN !***

Mar 4, 2012, 8:41 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you!***

Mar 4, 2012, 8:46 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CU TLGTN

Re: Deer Clemson Wimps....

Mar 4, 2012, 8:48 PM

well said

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting***

Mar 4, 2012, 8:53 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WOOOSH!

Mar 5, 2012, 7:10 AM

Not from around here, are you boy?

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

DAAYUUMM, THAT'S A NIIIIIICE RACK!!!***

Mar 5, 2012, 8:13 PM [ in reply to Interesting*** ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2012, 9:39 PM

Well said!!!

He's talking to you Clemso117 and Blue Caddie***

Mar 4, 2012, 11:27 PM

Go Tiger!!***

Mar 4, 2012, 11:50 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2012, 6:26 AM

All in, All the time, you just don't give up on family,.
B-n is allowed

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course....It's not the first nor will it be the last time

Mar 5, 2012, 8:08 AM

we've lost to South Carolina, and over the long haul, it requires nerves of steel and steady hands to persevere. I've just followed the programs too many years not to be confident in our programs. Give other opponents credit for their wins, but remain steadfast in support of our programs...and that doesn't mean anyone has to be a gung-ho, rah-rah "pumper," for the better programs are those willing to accept constructive criticisms.

Mar 5, 2012, 10:35 AM

Great Post

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CLEMSAM

Great Post!***

Mar 5, 2012, 10:44 AM

And how many times has a streak like this "come and gone" in

Mar 5, 2012, 11:39 AM

your 61 years, where they whip our #### in every single sport?

i'll answer that one: never.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about 1968-1972?

Mar 5, 2012, 12:52 PM

Well first we have not lost in every sport this year (Men's soccer, baseball and volleyball) to South Carolina University.

But let me address football, basketball and baseball during the 1968-72 span. In the 69-70 season we lost in football, three times in basketball and went 1-1-1 in baseball (yes there was a tie). I would say that is at least as bad as this year and really with the basketball worse.

In fact in my four years at Clemson (1968-1970) we were 1-3 in football, 0-9 in basketball and thank goodness 7-3-1 in baseball against SC University.

Yes, it hurt but point is we came back to have some very successful runs against SC University in all three sports.

Well....

Mar 5, 2012, 1:03 PM

I was there much of that time too.....that was during the oft-lamented "Hootie Era" in football. And it was also during the "cheatin' Frank McGuire Era" at usuck in basketball---which remains to this day, probably the most recognizable sports period in usuck history

And you are absolutely correct---it was tough being a Clemson fan then

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly

Mar 5, 2012, 1:51 PM

Sports go in cycles....there having a little success over us...not the first time and wont be the last....football will get back to normal...and so will basketball...as far as baseball...i dont want to see clemson lose but i just dont personally care bout baseball

OK so how much time has to pass until we are allowed to

Mar 5, 2012, 1:52 PM

freak out and be depressed? Because I am in line and nobody better cut me.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dont think its wimpy

Mar 5, 2012, 2:27 PM

nothing wrong with wanting to beat your rival

Replies: 19
| visibility 4,665
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic