Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Basketball Recruiting Chart
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 3,444

Clemson Basketball Recruiting Chart

Mar 2, 2012, 12:18 AM

Hey Tigers,

I posted this over on the basketball board, but it looks like this might be the more appropriate place for it.

I used to keep up a NC State Basketball Recruiting Chart over at PackPride (the NC State Scout boards) which combined all the links and ratings from Scout, ESPN, and Rivals. It got difficult to maintain by hand, so I automated the process, and threw a basic UI together and put it up on the web. I did the same for all the other schools while I was automating it.

I started cleaning up the rosters on the ACC teams first, and then moved on to the rest of the BCS conferences.

BTW, I haven't gotten to validating the active rosters for schools outside the BCS conferences yet, so that data will be inaccurate due to red-shirts, prep schools, junior colleges and transfers.

I'd also love to hear any suggestions you might have to improve the site as well; I'll try to implement them if I can keep my wife from leaving me for spending all my time working on this site.

Obviously this info does not contain any of the great inside info that you get here at TigerNet, as they'll have all the latest and greatest on Clemson, but it might make a nice compliment to the info you're getting here. It's more of a 10,000 foot view if that makes sense.

Anyway, here is the Clemson page, (you can navigate to other schools at the top right, its a bit wonky, but it should work if you select the team then hit the "Go!" button).
Let me know if you see any corrections, or have any questions. Hope you enjoy!

http://verbalcommits.com/schools/7

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very Nice

Mar 2, 2012, 12:33 AM

Thanks for the post. Very good site, with plenty of good info.

Re: Clemson Basketball Recruiting Chart

Mar 2, 2012, 7:31 AM

That's helpful information. Thanks for letting us know about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

very very nice***

Mar 2, 2012, 7:49 AM

This layout is better than any recruiting service

Mar 2, 2012, 8:41 AM

I get so tired of reading about some visit from someone that will be a class of 2014 or 15. Its almost impossible to keep up with prospects on TI or here without devoting your life to it.

Psyched you like it!***

Mar 3, 2012, 5:40 AM

Excellent format. Thanks for sharing. ******

Mar 2, 2012, 8:47 AM

null

Nice!***

Mar 2, 2012, 8:59 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

love the chart***

Mar 2, 2012, 10:07 AM

Congrats on a great site. Add some sizzlin' graphics and

Mar 2, 2012, 10:26 AM

that could make you a bunch of money.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Tell my wife, she thinks I'm crazy for spending so much time***

Mar 3, 2012, 5:41 AM

Very impressive! Is this a hobby?***

Mar 2, 2012, 1:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Hobby so far, but who knows? I'm gonna try football next...***

Mar 3, 2012, 5:42 AM

Mar 2, 2012, 3:02 PM

Very nice!thanks

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's fantastic. Thanks.***

Mar 3, 2012, 10:18 AM

Mar 7, 2012, 6:09 AM

Some Updates:

For those of you who were having issues with the size of the chart being too large and having to scroll left to right, I've made a fix so that viewing the page should be easier with no scrolling.

The rankings are now in lock-step with ESPN, Scout and Rivals. I've now put in place a process that checks for new rankings nightly, so they should stay in sync. I've also added the change between the current rankings and the previous rankings for each player.

I've added a check for changes in the star value for each player's profile at Scout, Rivals and ESPN, so issues with the star values being "stale" for players should now be addressed.

I've added the team committed to for the player ranking pages, and addressed the issue where the 2013 rankings weren't showing up properly.

Oh and let me know if you'd like to see fewer updates, I don't spam you guys, I just want to share.

Mar 7, 2012, 7:06 AM

Thanks for sharing this with us. Looks great.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 13, 2012, 7:09 PM

Just wanted to give you guys an update, I've now added the twitter feeds for every ranked recruit in the 2012 and 2013 classes whose twitter account I could find, and whose twitter account was open to the public.

Updates: Highlight Video of Recruits

Mar 22, 2012, 11:07 PM

Hey Tigers,

I tried to find my earlier post, but it must have fallen off the board. Anyway, I wanted to give you an update on the site. I've added embedded YouTube highlights (and/or interviews) on the player profile pages for every recruit ranked (either overall or at their position) in 2012, 2013, and 2014. There are a few exceptions where I couldn't find video highlights or interviews for the players, but I got >95%.

I've made some other tweaks as well for the colorblind, so the color coding has changed, I've also added a toggle feature for showing and hiding the overall and position ranks for each player, so that its easier to see the whole chart in one screen. Some other minor updates as well.

Here's Jaron Blossomgame. He looks pretty fierce.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/170

Replies: 18
| visibility 3,444
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic