Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To all the people that are mocking Dabo with the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

To all the people that are mocking Dabo with the

Jan 6, 2012, 7:17 PM

"what they say now" and so on, I have something to say. First of all, I have made it clear on here that I was embarrassed, humiliated, and think the game Wednesday was the single worst moment in Clemson football history. Steele can't be fired soon enough.

Now back to Dabo and his soundbites. I have absolutely no problem in the world with a coach that speaks from the heart. He loves this program and he is as happy as any fan when we win. His enthusiasm after winning, is genuine and it inspires fans, players, recruits, students and anyone associated with the program. It is good for the program. Give me a coach that has as much heart and works as hard as Dabo any day.

I have only heard maybe one or two bitter sports radio heads have a problem with Dabo's persona. I have heard plenty of opposing fans be negative about it and that is because they got beat by him, or they just don't like Clemson. But if you go to their boards after they have lost and we have won, you will hear what they really think. They post things like they would like to have a coach with that much energy, passion, and enthusiasm. They post things like they understand why recruits want to play for him and fans get behind him.

Almost all TV analysts and former coaches on "the experts" say that what he has in is persona is awesome for players and fanbases. I believe Steele should be fired and I will be upset if Dabo doesn't fire him. But the bottom line is I think Dabo has done a very good job as head coach of this program. And to turn on Dabo and mock the very things that have brought energy and belief into this program is unfair.

I also firmly believe that any coach is only as good as his coordinators. Dabo did not have a lot of time or money when he made his coordinator hires in January 2009. Under the circumstances at the time, I think Steele was a very good pick up. He tried to get Chavis. But it is time for Steele to move on just like it was time to Napier to move on. Dabo will have to make the decision.

I don't think you are doing anything but hurting this program every time you mock and disrespect Dabo's words. You are not even talking about his coaching ability, you are just putting him down for the person and personality he is. That can only hurt this program. You will not find a coach that works harder, cares more, and puts as much heart and personal emotion into this job than Dabo. Disagree with him all you want, but why mock and disrespect him and for his excitement, no less.

I want Steele dismissed asap, as well as the strength and conditioning coordinator, but I feel like I couldn't ask for a better face and voice for this program than Dabo. He is for Clemson. He is happy for Clemson and doesn't measure every word based on whether he appears to opposing fans to be too happy when we win. When you mock him and put him down for celebrating Clemson, you sell out to opposing fans and you start saying what they want to hear you say.

Dabo is going to be here for a while and after 2 division titles, an ACC Championship and BCS bowl appearance he deserves to be. And, for the life of me, I can't understand what is to be gained by putting him down for who he is and how he celebrates with us in good times.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree

Jan 6, 2012, 7:21 PM

"First of all, I have made it clear on here that I was embarrassed, humiliated, and think the game Wednesday was the single worst moment in Clemson football history"

I felt far worse on the drive home after the Tx TEch beat down and the DUke game in 2004. Believe me when i tell you this, TX TEx would have hung 100 on us easy that night if they wanted To. I felt bad for WHitehurst.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Oh yes, Texas Tech. You do have a point there.****

Jan 6, 2012, 7:23 PM

While Texas Tech may have beaten us even worse, Weds.

Jan 6, 2012, 7:29 PM [ in reply to I disagree ]

was far more embarrassing for the program because of the stage we were on this time around. As I recall the Texas Tech bowl was around Dec. 23 or something. No, this week was significantly more humiliating IMHO.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know it..

Jan 7, 2012, 8:39 AM [ in reply to I disagree ]

We were NEVER in the game against Tex Tech. We were totally outmatched in every sense of the word. We were in the game with WVU until the 2nd turnover was converted into a TD.

You might can get away with Dabo type Bravado AFTER

Jan 6, 2012, 7:28 PM

you win the National Championship. Not before

Re: Don't hold your breath until you win a NC anywhere. I

Jan 6, 2012, 7:36 PM

would like tos ee it again but pretty long odds.

At least DABO WOULD win it without

Jan 6, 2012, 7:38 PM

the stain of probation...........

Re: You Coots can't cheat and win***

Jan 6, 2012, 7:42 PM

Coots what Coot?***

Jan 6, 2012, 7:54 PM

Re: At least DABO WOULD win it without

Jan 7, 2012, 10:35 PM [ in reply to At least DABO WOULD win it without ]

Dabo will never coach Clemson or any other team in a nc

Great post, let's move on!! Go Tigers!!

Jan 6, 2012, 7:32 PM

ct

Re: That is job to speak up for his players and the school

Jan 6, 2012, 7:33 PM

he represents. More power to him and when called for; do it again.

His Job is to let winning speak for itself***

Jan 6, 2012, 7:37 PM

point for you..Dabo is good for Clemson in many phases.***

Jan 6, 2012, 7:34 PM

Re: To all the people that are mocking Dabo with the

Jan 6, 2012, 7:40 PM

I'M WITH YOU 100% DABO is very good for this program. His energy and love for Clemson shows and is one of the main reasons we have the recruits that we have now , and what we did with them this year when they said we had no chance. He is also the one that has played a big part in the recruiting class that is coming.

STEELE NEEDS TO GO. We need a DC that is as good as the OC we have in Morris. Keep building DABO and we will get to the top.... I'm ALL IN and have been since being at CU in 77.

BY THE WAY My group of 4 stayed until the end , I looked around and we were alone. I bet all of you DABO haters were some of the ones that left at halftime

I was not there, but I watched till the bitter end.***

Jan 6, 2012, 7:44 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: I was not there, but I watched till the bitter end.***

Jan 6, 2012, 7:46 PM

Some of the WVa fans were cheering us for sticking it out

Re: I was not there, but I watched till the bitter end.***

Jan 7, 2012, 5:16 PM [ in reply to I was not there, but I watched till the bitter end.*** ]

Yeah, I did, too!
It was painful...but I'm ALL IN, too!
There will always be some loses.
I haven't seen ANY teams that are undefeated for years.
Maybe a couple of seasons...EVERYONE has to deal with it sometime. The same goes for the NFL...and they are the best of the best...you have to pull back and look at reality some. When you have a winning season, ENJOY IT!

GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2012, 7:45 PM [ in reply to Re: To all the people that are mocking Dabo with the ]

I stayed until the middle of the 4th quarter but I couldn't take it anymore, but I love Dabo and I REALLY WANT Steele and Batson gone

Jan 6, 2012, 8:04 PM

I stayed until WVA hit the 70 mark. Couldn't take it anymore. A cold night, sad looks on many of the kids faces (players, band, cheerleaders). Many of them (like me) just wanted it to be over SOON!.

I have always supported Dabo and his attempt to build a quality program with quality kids. But, something is terribly wrong ! Sammy Watkins as young as he is seemed (to me) to look as if he understood the seriousness of where our program is.

And, why did they keep him in? Yardage records? I drew up each play hoping (praying) that a fluke injury didn't ruin his future in football.

Jan 6, 2012, 7:49 PM [ in reply to Re: To all the people that are mocking Dabo with the ]

Dabo must be a big boy ..cause boy he's got a big mouth...If you gonna talk all that trash and smack ...even to your own fan base and don't want to hear a bunch of it coming back ...maybe you would win a #*mn ball game and not lose the last 4 out of 6 ,including a beautiful 70 pt. beat down on the National stage at the hands of the Big East Co-Champions.Yes..Big East...and they could have scored more...
Explain to me again why its good for Clemson Football to have a Head Coach that acts and talks like he is on" ALL STAR WRESTLING " every time he gets near a camera or microphone

You feel better, now?***

Jan 6, 2012, 7:51 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: You feel better, now?***

Jan 6, 2012, 7:58 PM

Not really...I know a lot of people like Dabo and I do too. I find him a very interesting character and find his antics really amusing .I just don't think he is a great Head Coach.I'm wrong a lot and hope I am wrong on this .I truly hope I feel like an idiot for this post.I'll let you know in about 12 mos...
I'm 100% for the team and the program but not "ALL IN " for Dabo...I thought he was through last year...I was wrong ...again

56-17=39 (SECCG 1 year ago) and 63-17=46. And Dabo

Jan 6, 2012, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: To all the people that are mocking Dabo with the ]

gives very good interviews pre-game, halftime, on sports shows, and yes, when we have a big win he is much more excited and the adrenaline is going. Good for him and good for Clemson. I have never heard him talk trash about an upcoming opponent or a past opponent. If you are referring to his response to Spurrier/Todd Ellis, well he was standing up for his players, school and program. Maybe it was your radio announcer of coach that sounded like a pro wrestler.

We have beaten Carolina many times by more than the 37 points we lost by in the Orange Bowl. The most memorable being 63-17 and 45-0. But you have lost by more then 37 just one year ago on a pretty big stage as well.

Jan 7, 2012, 10:38 PM [ in reply to Re: To all the people that are mocking Dabo with the ]

As long as you will accept being an average program,Dabo will be the man

I Agree!

Jan 6, 2012, 7:46 PM

ALSO, a person on TigerNet explained to me (in his opinion), what is wrong and it makes sense (to me)

Our defense works fine against "traditional" offenses ie VaTech, not so much against the new fangled offense schemes, like Clemson runs!

Now,
Adjust the defense approach to handle these new offense rules. Something I don't know (sorry if I'm stupid)... can you hit the potential reciever as he comes off the line? Makes sense to me. At least give him a shot to disrupt the pattern, slow him up. NFL does this, can College?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Agree!

Jan 6, 2012, 8:27 PM

To me that brings up a bigger question. Why does the defense have problems with newer offenses when they practice against one all the time?

Re: I Agree!

Jan 7, 2012, 5:31 PM

Probably because they see the same plays run over and over again and soon learn or have a good idea what plays are going to be run.

Against other teams, when the offense lines up they set a defense then look like they change it as soon as an offense starts to move players in motion or when they shift positions. I'm telling you I've seen the LBs & DBs looking at each other and the sidelines while the offense is lined and in motion up as if to say "what coverage are we supposed to be in now?"

Strikes me as trying to constantly guess what the offense is doing and setting up the defense to cover a particular play instead of just disguising the coverage you are in.

Point for a knowledgeable assessment of Dabo, something

Jan 6, 2012, 8:01 PM

that's severely lacking on this board.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2012, 8:24 PM

Totally Agree.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2012, 8:27 PM

I totally agree!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2012, 8:32 PM

Great post.I agree wholeheartedly.

Jan 6, 2012, 9:08 PM

Well said...I totally agree. If I was a player, I would run through a wall for that man.

Well said. Best post since Wednesday.***

Jan 6, 2012, 9:59 PM

Jan 7, 2012, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Re: To all the people that are mocking Dabo with the ]

Well...You ain't a player and they sure as @*ll didn't even run up to the wall much less thru it..the players like Dabo because he can talk more smack and trash and act more silly than they can ..Dabo is their pal ,their buddy...the problem is that's not to be confused with respect ...and they definitely have no respect for Dabo...why would they..
He doesn't expect or demand it ..the buddying it up will only take you so far ...at some point you have a job to do and have to produce or you'll be uncovered as a Posser ...Dabo has been exposed...

Jan 7, 2012, 7:35 AM

Right on. Well said!

Jan 7, 2012, 8:07 AM

Finally. Someone who gets it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2012, 8:48 AM

Couldn't agree more.

Jan 7, 2012, 5:06 PM

I agree! Great post!
Go Tigers!
:)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2012, 10:05 PM

great job with the facts. iam in complete support of what you had to say. i am ALL IN for the complete DABO tenure.win or lose my blood runs orange. it is painful growing but i beleive in what dabo said WE WILL BE BACK AND IT WANT BE AS LONG AS IT HAS BEEN. GO TIGERS

Jan 7, 2012, 10:33 PM

Dabo should have never been hired to begin with. It was a stupid move.Clemson is the only division 1 school who would have even considered such,we could have done so much better

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic