Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'll tell ya what, some fans are just plain ignorant. Kevin
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

I'll tell ya what, some fans are just plain ignorant. Kevin

Nov 15, 2011, 8:57 PM

Steele has a resume chock full of accomplishments and proof he knows a plenty about coaching defense.

He's been in the business for over 20 years. He's coached at several college powerhouses, he's coordinated top 5 SEC defenses, and he even got called up to the NFL due to what he's proven over time.

His first 2 years at Clemson he had us in the top 25 in both scoring and total defense. Then in one year we have a drop off, for fairly obvious reasons, and suddenly the dork squad comes out of the woodwork calling for his dismissal? Now granted, jagoffs like "OhSon" and "21otiger" are deranged coot posers, but what about the real Clemson folks? It's embarrassing.

Keep in mind, a lot of these blowhards are the same guys who wanted to fire Dabo last year and ridiculed him for hiring Morris. Didn't you clowns learn anything about having patience and not having knee-jerk reactions to everything?

Look, Steele may be here for years and he may not. Either way we will survive. But to insinuate the guy doesn't know what he's doing is just plain ignorant. Please stop the nonsense.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll tell ya what, some fans are just plain ignorant. Kevin

Nov 15, 2011, 9:07 PM

Healed!! Demons Out!!!!

Nov 15, 2011, 9:40 PM

Don't try using logic like our D boys are some of the youngest starters in a long time at CLEMSON. If there is even a slight reason to... some just have to push it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lead, Follow, or Get out of the Way.
Sine Pari- The tip of the spear.
Cofounder / USASOC Black Daggers 2001

10 of our 11 starters are juniors or seniors….

Nov 15, 2011, 11:08 PM

the youth is in the back ups, not the starters.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, but they are inexperienced

Nov 15, 2011, 11:28 PM

and backups are more key than ever on defense, and ours are very inexperienced leading to growing pains.

remember that inexperienced O-line back when we played Bama. They made lots of mistakes, and had little depth. Wait a while and they have turned into a pretty good bunch. The same will happen with this defense, probably quicker though.

those juniors and seniors had plenty of playing time before

Nov 15, 2011, 11:36 PM

this season. You could be right, we may be good in the future on defense. But to say our starters are inexperienced is just a false statement.

Re: those juniors and seniors had plenty of playing time before

Nov 16, 2011, 12:55 PM

You can say the starters have experiance all you want but the backups are also seeing the field a lot more this year. We are rolling out 22-25 players a game on defense because of the high snap count.

null

Correct me if I'm wrong but won't the O-line be

Nov 15, 2011, 11:42 PM [ in reply to yes, but they are inexperienced ]

young next year? If we have some growing pains with them next year, will our line coach need to go? I think most of us can agree that our line has been good this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the oline has been good in pass blocking, not so good in run

Nov 15, 2011, 11:47 PM

blocking this season. Sometimes you use lose experienced guys, and the guys who replace them are better. It's called recruiting. Being young at a position doesn't mean you can't have quality play from that position. We are young at WR and they have been outstanding. We are young at QB, and Tajh Boyd has been outstanding.

I've heard of this whole recruiting thing. Yes, sometimes

Nov 16, 2011, 12:06 AM

the kids step up but sometimes there's a learning curve. Boyd and receivers have been great and I hope the same happens with the oline next year. We'll see, but I think it's difficult to expect everyone we recruit to be a Sammy at their respective positions

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2011, 10:25 PM

Someone said something intelligent on Tnet. Mark this date down.

Steele has shown us that with the right personnel to carry out the plan, the defense can be stout. Can we give the guy a down year due to losing 5 starters to the NFL draft? It has to be hard replacing that kind of talent.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So it's hard when 10 out of your 11 starters are juniors or

Nov 15, 2011, 11:09 PM

seniors

Please quit using "your" and "our" interchangeably

Nov 15, 2011, 11:22 PM

WE know who you are and who you pull for. And they (you) don't wear orange.

Oh the same tired argument, "You don't have same opinion as

Nov 15, 2011, 11:32 PM

me, so you're a coot." If your an alumnus since 1977, you should be more mature than that. Since you want to claim I'm a coot, I can easily prove you wrong. I live in Irmo on your info you say you're in Columbia. We could meet up any where, any time in the Columbia area and I can show you all the Clemson clothes, all the Clemson stickers on my car, the Clemson flags I fly on my car, and all the Clemson collectibles I have gotten over the years from all the games and bowl games I have attended since 1984. So are you up to the challenge or are you going to hide behind your computer and use the tired argument, "you don't have same opinion as me, so you're a coot."

are 5 of those 10 going to the NFL next year...

Nov 16, 2011, 1:02 PM [ in reply to So it's hard when 10 out of your 11 starters are juniors or ]

like last year.....nope.

you're the same guy who defended Napier last season***

Nov 15, 2011, 11:07 PM

Incorrect. I said our offense was hurt by a lack of overall

Nov 15, 2011, 11:19 PM

experienced skill, and a QB who regressed, and I also said it was hurt by an unimaginative system, i.e. the coordinator. I was for hiring new blood. But in this case, Steele has nearly 20 times the proven experience that Napier had, so your comparison is absurd.

Please stop making things up to try and justify your ignorance and poorly supported knee-jerk reactions. You've really made a fool out of yourself, again. You should be embarrassed. Try to get ahold of yourself, if you're capable.

Correct, you used the excuse of lack of overall skill, a…..

Nov 15, 2011, 11:26 PM

qb who regressed, to bash people who wanted to get rid of Napier.

Please stop denying your past. You called people who wanted to fire Napier as making knee jerk reactions. My comparison is not absurd, you were the most ardent supporter of Napier all throughout last season up until he was fired.

Wow. You got some issues.

Nov 15, 2011, 11:30 PM

Making things up is not supporting your absurd arguments. If I "bashed" anyone it was either for them wanting to fire Dabo or just acting like idiots dragging our program down. Kinda like you've been doing for several days now.

You're making a complete ### of yourself. You should just go to bed instead of feeling like you have to respond to every post on the board.

people on message boards have no effect on the wins and….

Nov 15, 2011, 11:43 PM

losses of a college football team. The only people who have an effect on the wins and losses of a college football team are the coaches and players. You're beyond delusional. Denying that you were a defender of Napier, does not change the fact you were the most ardent defender of him all of last season. By the way none of my posts the past few days before tonight, had anything to do with Kevin Steele.

YOU SHOULD GO TO BED INSTEAD OF FEELING LIKE TO RESPOND TO EVERY POST ON THE BOARD!!!! HYPOCRITE!!!

LMAO.

Nov 16, 2011, 12:41 PM

A) What are you talking about, "people on message boards have no effect on the wins and losses"?? Talk about a bizarre tangent.

B) You're a liar. I was not an "ardent defender" of Napier, but even if that was the case it has absolutely nothing to do with noting your silly, knee-jerk opinions about Steele are completely unsubstantiated when looking at his body of work.

C) You made 88 posts on 11/15, all pretty much about the same thing. I made 9 posts about varying subjects. You made almost 10x the amount of posts I did. Your "hypocrite" comment is nearly as funny and certainly as unsubstantiated as your knee-jerk nonsense.

Like I said, you got some issues. You have repeatedly embarrassed yourself but apparently lack the ability to stop yourself.

Not at all the same...Nice try though***

Nov 15, 2011, 11:25 PM [ in reply to you're the same guy who defended Napier last season*** ]

Nov 15, 2011, 11:27 PM

regardless of personnel

he needs to figure out how to stop paul johnson and steve spurrier

it's borderline embarrassing (especially since those are two of the biggest games on our schedule year in and year out)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Held GT to 14 last year didn't he? Not arguing for or

Nov 15, 2011, 11:32 PM

against him

for keeping him or firing him***

Nov 15, 2011, 11:34 PM

Re: Held GT to 14 last year didn't he? Not arguing for or

Nov 15, 2011, 11:37 PM [ in reply to Held GT to 14 last year didn't he? Not arguing for or ]

there is your ONE example

GT wasn't as solid last year either

got beat by air force in a bowl game

6-7 on the year

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It wasn't an argument it's a fact. It was said that he

Nov 15, 2011, 11:56 PM

couldn't stop the option. That's what I was responding to. Not trying to argue with anyone

"..figure out how to stop paul johnson and steve spurrier.."

Nov 15, 2011, 11:32 PM [ in reply to Re: I'll tell ya what, some fans are just plain ignorant. Kevin ]

Agreed.

Re: "..figure out how to stop paul johnson and steve spurrier.."

Nov 15, 2011, 11:40 PM

or "how to scheme against a running QB"

:)

Football is important here:

Nov 16, 2011, 12:52 PM

When our D gets lit up by Wofford, UMD, and Wake, there's going to be some criticism.

Ain't no changin' that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2011, 1:17 PM

Last year, everybody loved Steele and the claims were that if we only had an offense worth a #### that we would win most of our games.

This year, we had a fall off in caliber of talent on D from last year, but take a look at our record. Exactly what was said last year has come true. We got an offense, and we win most of our games. Once the D gets a little experience under their belt, Steele will show his worth again.

What if Paul Johnson said he doesn't know what he's doing?

Nov 16, 2011, 9:25 PM

I hear what you're saying but our LBs have stunk for years now. It's reason #1 we can't stop GT's option and why in years past, we haven't been able to stop teams from scoring late to win games or getting critical 1st downs to prevent us from having the last drive.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic