Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Remember this ...............
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Remember this ...............

Nov 9, 2011, 5:02 PM

If you are a Clemson fan the rest of the college world sees the university as they see you.

There are many things about Clemson University that I love but of all the great things, at the top of the list is the unbelievable family atmosphere that prevails at every Clemson event. Sports in particular.

Over the years, I have visited many other colleges on game day and there are always young children taking part in the pre game activities. Boys in their uniforms playing catch with their dads and girls in the cheerleading skirts are found everywhere.

Old alums and friends join together for fun times everywhere.

Everyone tailgates and that is a big part of saturday football. Sports certainly are one of the reason that this is a great country.

No where is this game day atmosphere even close to what we have at Clemson University. It was that way in 1959 when I saw my first game in Death Valley and it will be even greater this saturday when I visit again.

I have not lived in South Carolina since I graduated in 1964 but there is not a person who I know that doesn't immediately identify me with Clemson when they see me. I love it. In fact, I go out of my way to make it happen. I drive this orange pickup just to pi$$ off my tarheel friends! Most who visit me for the first time can't handle my "Clemson Room"! I have even been accused of having a 'sickness'. And they are right. And I love it.

Don't ever let Clemson change from what us oldtimes know as the real orange heaven! GO TIGERS. SEE YOU SATURDAY.
CELEBRATE THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^a must read for young whipper-snappers^^^^^*******

Nov 9, 2011, 5:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post...

Nov 9, 2011, 5:12 PM

I was in Tuscaloosa this past weekend and it was a great scene. The fans were getting ready for a 1 vs. 2 matchup and they were pumped up... But there is no place as friendly and family-oriented as Clemson on gameday. The hospitality of our fans is second-to-none. It is one of the great places to be on a college football Saturday.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who would TD this post? Oh yeah, MORONS!!!!***

Nov 9, 2011, 5:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who would TD this post? Oh yeah, MORONS!!!!***

Nov 9, 2011, 6:15 PM

If you are much over 29 you better be prepared when you post on tnet! Once had that problem with my own sons until they realized that maybe I am not the village idiot!The saddest moment of my life was when I realized how intelligent my father was and he had been dead for many years. To late then to tell him what a clever guy he was. Don't let it happen to you my young tigers.

I definitely make the "over 29" requirement by a great deal

Nov 9, 2011, 6:49 PM

I loved your post and it hit me wrong that someone would give you a TD. I totally agree with the slogan: Orange isn't just a color; it is a way of life. Like you, that is my life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I definitely make the "over 29" requirement by a great deal

Nov 9, 2011, 10:26 PM

Same here.
Here Here!
Go Tigers!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who would TD this post? Oh yeah, MORONS!!!!***

Nov 9, 2011, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Who would TD this post? Oh yeah, MORONS!!!!*** ]

amen!i'd give just about anything to see my dear parents again to thank them for all that they did for me,but also to tell them how right they were in so many ways.only wish i had appreciated their wisdom and in- telligence when i was young.proud of the fact that i graduated in '68 which means i grew up in the fifties and sixties.wouldn't trade that for anything.i feel sorry for the kids of today who have to be told to go out and play an hour a day.you couldn't get us in for an hour a day.the worst of all punishments was having to come in and sit in a chair for an hour.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Remember this ...............

Nov 9, 2011, 5:53 PM

Great post and is exactly the way I feel. Go Tigers!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Superb!***

Nov 9, 2011, 5:55 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And don't ever forget it.***

Nov 9, 2011, 6:07 PM

Nov 9, 2011, 6:08 PM

I brought a friend to the Auburn game this year. It was her first time ever coming to a Clemson game. She's from Connecticut but has lived in the area for the last 4-5 years now. She wanted to leave for the game around 10-10:30 that morning. I couldn't get her to understand first of all that traffic would be horrible at that time of day and second, the tailgating is just as much a part of the game day experience as the game itself. She didn't see the point in the tailgating. I vowed not to bring her to another game. Haha!

There is nowhere I'd rather be than the Valley on a Saturday afternoon in the fall.

-Matt

Connecticut, huh. The only "Nutmeggers" that get it are

Nov 9, 2011, 7:56 PM

Clemson Alums and children of Clemson Alums. They have to give tickets away to Yale games and the still can't get more than 12,000 or so fans (except for the Harvard game). UConn is a little better, Their stadium seats about 40-45 thousand and is in Hartford, about a half hour away from the campus. I think they have trouble filling it except for big games. I haven't had the chance to go to a game. Don't really care to. I would expect it to be like Boston College, piped in noise with maybe a little more inthusiasm about football than Duke. Sorry you had to waste that Auburn ticket. I was sitting at my computer, watching Clemson webcams, wishing I was there.

Re: Connecticut, huh. The only "Nutmeggers" that get it are

Nov 9, 2011, 8:13 PM

Actually U. Conn is located in Storrs!

Re: Connecticut, huh. The only "Nutmeggers" that get it are

Nov 9, 2011, 9:01 PM

The football stadium for UCONN is located in East Hartford. Shares a parking lot with a Cabela's, which is, well, unique.

Storrs, which is about a half hour or more from their stadi

Nov 11, 2011, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Connecticut, huh. The only "Nutmeggers" that get it are ]

stadium in East Hartford.

Nov 9, 2011, 11:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Remember this ............... ]

having been born and raised in connecicut,but also having spent 7 yrs. of my life in south carolina(4 at CU and 3 at ft. jackson and still consider sc a second home,excepting certain parts of columbia of course),i fully understand your feelings about your friend.people in the northeast for the most part just don't understand college football the way those in the south do.i live in upstate ny near vermont,and interest in college football is just about nil.people here probably think i'm a little off,because there's still a CU decal on my jeep,and my license plate for my other car is TIGERPAW.very proud of that!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 9, 2011, 6:46 PM

State fans to a Clemson game ant they were totally impressed with the number of "tents" and atmosphere at Clemso. I took my brother, who graduated from Va Tech, and his wife to the Florida State game. He kept saying, VA Tech doesn't have all the traditions Clemson has. After the Clemson/Va Tech game, his wife wrote a thank you note for staying with us at Lake Keowee and admitted they rooted for Clemson over Va Tech. (go figure). I do have Tar Heel friends in Raleigh who have a tar heel room and bar that might compete with your Clemson room. Go Tigers!

Nov 9, 2011, 7:09 PM

I doubt it. I actually have two rooms. Probably 500 square feet. And that doesn't include the 1000 plus orange lilies in the yard! Baby blue turns my stomach.

The ONLY good thing about Chapel Hill is....

Nov 9, 2011, 8:00 PM

that it is in ORANGE County.

Nov 9, 2011, 8:48 PM

ahh the '59 team the last bowl team till '77...got color 8mm of the spring game...lowndes shingler, harvey white...class of '64 the year of jfk and the fab-4 clemson going co-ed and enrolling it's 1st african american student and player back near those times..what an era...clemson ag and mech college grows into c.u....although change is the only constant in life, the wholesome family atmosphere at c. u. has endured..oh and let's not forget having one last thursday c.u. vs s.c. game in '63...dan reeves and company went down 24-20 in the most subdued game ever. your buddies may not "get" your clemson room but i bet they realise that c.u. played a great role in shaoing you into a person they admire and respect.

Good Post.***

Nov 9, 2011, 8:50 PM

Lead, Follow, or Get out of the Way.
Sine Pari- The tip of the spear.
Cofounder / USASOC Black Daggers 2001

Can't Wait!!!***

Nov 9, 2011, 8:56 PM

Can't Wait!!!***

Nov 9, 2011, 8:58 PM

Nov 9, 2011, 11:34 PM

You nailed it Forest!
I was a rat in '56; grad '60.
and don't kid yourself - these other schools
Know it too. They envy us.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post and we all must not forget

Nov 10, 2011, 8:24 AM

that each of us represents our great university everyday. Make sure others see the best that is Clemson and not the worse.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic