Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My first and last serious post about uniforms
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

My first and last serious post about uniforms

Apr 7, 2005, 5:20 PM

Now that they are in pads are all you Ralph Lauren wannabe queer eyes satisfied? Or are you going to knit pick over a small detail, like the paw on the side? I wouldnt be surprised. Personally I like them. They look good. And I suspect most of you boneheads who continously complain about them on this board never even saw them play through the decades and are unaware that the uniforms undergo and have undergone many changes over the decades. So dont give me this traditionalist crap. You think the old pull away jerseys of the late 70's come close to resembling what we wore last year? Heck no. BELIEVE me, the jerseys now are MUCH closer to last years than anything we wore in the 70's and 80's. Dont believe me? Look at old game footage or pictures. Anyhow, Im satisfied with the look, and will be more satisfied bringing home an ACC championship this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only intelligent thing that has been said about unis!!***

Apr 7, 2005, 5:22 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My first and last serious post about uniforms

Apr 7, 2005, 5:22 PM

Now that they are in pads are all you Ralph Lauren wannabe queer eyes satisfied?

Actually, I prefer Tommy Middlefinger.

you're just pissed cause it's true Mary***

Apr 7, 2005, 5:38 PM

Apr 7, 2005, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Re: My first and last serious post about uniforms ]

Tommy Hilfiger sucks. Wear the horse for god's sake.

Chuck Norris frequently signs up for beginner karate classes, just so he can "accidentally" beat the s*it out of little kids.

Wow. Two thumbs down for busting on Tommy Hilfiger!

Apr 7, 2005, 5:57 PM [ in reply to Re: My first and last serious post about uniforms ]

Tiger fashion police are such stingy b!tches!

I think the uniforms look great w/the pads***

Apr 7, 2005, 5:23 PM

i can't wait to see what the all orange looks like***

Apr 7, 2005, 5:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only thing that get on my nerves more than people

Apr 7, 2005, 5:31 PM
181089.jpg(45.1 K)

complaining about the unies is people complaining about the complainers. Good grief, just cause we don't like the unies doesn't mean we have to shut up. I'll tell you my main reason for not liking them. The pants look too plain. My favorite unie was always the all white road unie, now that will be our worst combo. Look at this pic. That's a sharp looking unie.

help the clemson family!
isabel's medical fund:
http://www.helpisabel.com/

Pointing out some facts. Dont like it, dont read it

Apr 7, 2005, 5:43 PM

And here you are a complainer complaining about the complianers. Oh the irony of it all.

Here you are reading something you don't like

May 3, 2024, 1:43 PM

Look I agree that they look better then they did yesterday and my post wasn't directed at you. I've seen complaining on both sides. I love last years unies. Nothing wrong with that. But if you wanna call me a hipocrite, then I can say to you. "Don't like it. Don't read it." Seems I'm not the only one who is being ironic. Ok, but seriously. I'm still gonna be jacked up when they run down the hill in that. I think all orange won't look that bad or that different. I do think our all white look will suffer and I think most will agree. The white pants just look so plain now. These are our unies now, so I'll deal with it. Let's beat the crap out of Texas A&M. We better where the purple and orange until we lose in them too.

help the clemson family!
isabel's medical fund:

Play nice fellas.***

Apr 7, 2005, 5:52 PM

Re: Here you are reading something you don't like

Apr 7, 2005, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Here you are reading something you don't like ]

Texas' all white jerseys are some of the plainest things that you will ever see, but, in my opinion, that is the best looking uniform in college football.

Chuck Norris frequently signs up for beginner karate classes, just so he can "accidentally" beat the s*it out of little kids.

I agree with that. I also have always like Colorados.***

Apr 7, 2005, 5:54 PM

Good point, and I didn't think about that.

Apr 7, 2005, 5:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Here you are reading something you don't like ]

They will look better once I get used to them, but I just loved ours from last year. That was my favorite all time unie. But, good point with Texas. Maybe there hope.

help the clemson family!
isabel's medical fund:

Compare this and tell me I dont have a point

Apr 7, 2005, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Here you are reading something you don't like ]

This is in black and white but shows Willie underwood in 1980 game against USC. nop borer around jersey. Just orange and white. No collar, low cut tear away. This jersey looks nothing like what we wore in the 90's much less now.

I didn't say you didn't have a point.

Apr 7, 2005, 6:04 PM

I didn't use the tradition arguement in my post. I even said last years unies a couple times today. I think that if you look through the years, there has been a slow evolution. This is the most drastic change. Maybee that's why some of us are so upset. Yesterday I used the tradition arguement but have backed off of it today after looking at the pics.

help the clemson family!
isabel's medical fund:

I'll leave at at this: Too many people are suggesting

Apr 7, 2005, 6:10 PM

this is a radical change, when in fact it isnt. A more radical change probably occured in the early 80's when the jerseys changed material, type cut, and got number outlines. Geeesh. Some people will never be happy. Im glad the internet wasnt around in the early 70's when the Tiger Paw was introduced. Im sure you knuckleheads would have complained about a Tiger Paw on the helmets too.

I'm really not as upset as I'm coming across.

Apr 7, 2005, 6:14 PM

You may be right about the changes, I just think that this is the most radical. Putting lining on the numbers isn't a radical change. But as I said earlier, I'm still ready for the boys to run down the hill in these things.

help the clemson family!
isabel's medical fund:

Apr 7, 2005, 6:06 PM

They do look better with psds.

THANK YOU, i tried to say this earlier and got ZAPPED!***

Apr 7, 2005, 6:37 PM

Replies: 20