Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A PROMISE IS A PROMISE
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

A PROMISE IS A PROMISE

Oct 3, 2011, 3:02 PM

I promised my 12 year old (who's never been to a Clemson game) that we would go to a game this season if they were able to beat Auburn, Florida State, and Virginia Tech. Coming from Pittsburgh is no short drive, and not a cheap trip.

I couldn't be more excited for him to see the Tigers kick the crap out of B.C. this Saturday. We are leaving Friday morning and making the 600 mile trek. Can't wait.

GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A PROMISE IS A PROMISE

Oct 3, 2011, 3:06 PM

Good for you and your son. Should be a blast with our Tigers coming home from a big win.

Take it from a father of two sons: you will NEVER regret it***

Oct 3, 2011, 3:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Take it from a father of two sons: you will NEVER regret it***

Oct 3, 2011, 3:13 PM

He's so excited. He's heard me talk about what a great atmosphere it is and how awesome it is. He's a baseball player and wears his Clemson Purple and Orange Omaha baseball hat to school everyday. He's thrilled that Pitt is joing the ACC so he can see the Tiger Baseball team come to Pittsburgh. He's beside himself excited, which nearly brings me to tears that he can see all of this. That's what it's all about. Solid Orange, Baby!

That's what it's all about, brother! Enjoy every minute.***

Oct 3, 2011, 3:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Oct 3, 2011, 3:11 PM

I just retired from the Army (Ft. Bragg) and now for the first time my Daughter 14 is seeing the power and the pride of the PAW NATION with out the filters of a TV. I am taking her to her first Tigers game Saturday as well.
It is homecoming after all. GO TIGERS!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lead, Follow, or Get out of the Way.
Sine Pari- The tip of the spear.
Cofounder / USASOC Black Daggers 2001

if you cant make this weeks game........

Oct 3, 2011, 3:11 PM

they play next week in maryland which is a lot closer. Granted its on the road with the a##h#### that are the Maryland fans

We live in Lexington, so it's not a long trip.

Oct 3, 2011, 3:12 PM

And I haven't missed a home game in many, many years. But my wife and I try to go to one game a year without the kids. This year, they are 6 and 4.

The last two years, we've been concerned that once we got back from the mommy-and-daddy only Clemson game, that they would team up and try to kill us in our sleep for leaving them home.

:)

Have a blast, Steel.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have a safe trip. Enjoy.***

Oct 3, 2011, 3:14 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My son's 41, but in 1979 at age 10 he & I drove 2 South Bend

Oct 3, 2011, 3:20 PM

for a great trip to see Tigers beat Notre Dame..and bonded til this day..me being 70 and still a proud Tiger fan.

Enjoy the trip and do the same with your son Amandadale77.

Go TIGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two daughter's at Clemson so plenty of room at the house

Oct 3, 2011, 3:18 PM

if you guy's need a place to stay. In Gwood. May have some tickets as well if you don't already have some. Go Tigers!!

sleepdoc

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two daughter's at Clemson so plenty of room at the house

I appreciate the offer. Staying in town with a buddy whose wife is an English professor.

Go Tigers******

Oct 3, 2011, 3:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two daughter's at Clemson so plenty of room at the house

Oct 3, 2011, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Two daughter's at Clemson so plenty of room at the house ]

Well since he isn't gonna' use the offer... I have a 12 year old too.

;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Oct 3, 2011, 3:18 PM

He might not let you leave and go to Pitt. Go Tigers.

P.S.

I might need a place to stay for an away Pitt game. J/K

Have a safe trip and Go Tigers !***

Enjoy the game with your son!

I started taking my teenage boys to Clemson games about three years ago. We live in Virginia and it is 525 miles each way for us. Totally worth it! They are complete Tiger fans even though their dad is a Wisconsin grad. Nothing compares to Clemson's atmosphere and excitement.

Travel safely.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2011, 3:21 PM

Flew my (7 years old at the time) daughter and I from Sacramento to CLT, then drove to Clemson for the final home game/senior day with CJ and Jacoby. Nice guy, Milt, sold me 2 tix, 45 year line lower home side. My daughter had a blast.
As always, tears in my eyes at the beginning (running down the hill, CJ waving the flag) and the end (alma mater). Seeing my daughter in awe of the size and magnitude of it all, the noise level, the orange...

Best money I've spent in years.

null

I have a 1 year old and I CAN'T WAIT for him to get to go to the Valley for his first game in a few years! Have fun Steel

I have one ticket that I will give you

Oct 3, 2011, 3:26 PM

Thank you so much, but we are good on tickets. I can't wait for him to see all of this. He's been to Steeler and Pitt games, but has no idea what this is really like. It is going to blow his mind!

That is awesome! Our family is talking about making the

Oct 3, 2011, 3:23 PM

trip up to Pittsburgh for an away game and also trying to catch a steelers game at the same time. Maybe Pitt will be in our division.

Hopefully you will make it here in time to catch Tigerama Friday night...Littlejohn will be rockin!

Good Man***

Oct 3, 2011, 3:25 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I live in MB...

Oct 3, 2011, 3:31 PM

and my grandparents have a condo here. They were here Saturday, Fl. St. through Sunday after VT....was very special to me to get to watch both games with my 82 year old grandfather. Something I won't forget as long as I live!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking as a grandfather, I am positive he enjoyed it

Oct 3, 2011, 3:47 PM

as well.
Good for you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2011, 3:41 PM

What an awesome 1st game for your kid, be safe, and have a blast. Well worth the 600 miles and cost in my book.

GO TIGERS!!!

Photobucket

TARGET LOCKED

Oct 3, 2011, 3:47 PM

It show your character, and your son never will forget the example you set by honoring your commitment. Kudos!!!

Oct 4, 2011, 3:30 PM

I have 3 boys and this weekend will be my youngest's first trip to Death Valley. He is 2. Not sure how he'll handle the environment but I'm really excited to get the whole family into the stadium. My other 2 boys are 7 and 4 and they bug me all year long to go to football games. I like to go to at least one game a year by myself, and when I did so this year (for Auburn) my 7-year old gave me #### about it for 2 solid weeks. :)

Oct 4, 2011, 4:16 PM

Such experiences are what I miss most about Tiger football presently because my late father isn't here to enjoy the team's success. My father took me to Clemson in 1959 at age six and I never forgot the experience! He and I regularily attended games for years thereafter until his health prevented him from doing so. I could not return the favor if someone offered me a million dollars!

Despite financial hardship I joined IPTAY in 2002 in honor of my late father and remained a member til 2007 when medical expenses after coronary problems prevented me from renewing my membership. Hope this father/son weekend is among the finest gameday experiences one could ask for as a Tiger fan!

Go Clemson!

Oct 4, 2011, 4:26 PM

Hope you and your son have a safe trip down. You guys will have a blast. Go Tigers!

Sounds awesome man.

Oct 4, 2011, 4:31 PM

I still remember my first trip to Death Valley like it was yesterday. Cemented my love for Clemson and where I wanted to go to/and eventually enrolled in college.

I'm sure you and your son will have a blast. See you on Saturday!

Oct 4, 2011, 4:35 PM

You shouldn't have done what I did yesterday...buy tickets to the Maryland game. Coming from Eastern PA, it's not even a 3 hour drive. Not sure how long from the 'Burg. And my 10 year old son is looking forward to it.

safe trip - hope your kid LOVES CLEMSON

Oct 4, 2011, 4:36 PM

get them some nice new Orange threads while it own too.

null

Oct 4, 2011, 9:23 PM

didn't make a promise,but my son,who has never been to a game in Clemson,and i are travelling from upstate ny down to school this week also.have planned this trip since last summer.posted a number of weeks ago about it hoping that we'd be 5 and 0.will meet up with an old roommate and several friends.it's homecoming.it doesn't get any better than this.can't wait to see my son's reaction to the hill and the game,as much as i want to see us beat bc. GO TIGERS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 5, 2011, 12:19 AM

I have a 12 year old also, who wears his Omaha Tiger baseball cap with pride everyday!! I dont have the drive that you are making, but I take my son to a game every season, and watching their face when they actually see the campus and then The Valley is worth every dime you will spend !!! Drive safely and GO TIGERS !!!!!

Oct 5, 2011, 12:31 AM

Glad to know he will get to see a team with potential this Saturday. Because the door is shut on this Steelers team.

Be sure to check out the floats on Bowman. Have fun!!!***

Oct 5, 2011, 12:36 AM

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic