Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Embarrassment of the SEC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Embarrassment of the SEC

Oct 2, 2011, 5:30 PM

Greetings Tiger fans

This is your friendly neighborhood Gator fan who brought you an apology from the SEC two years ago. I believe my post has made your hall of fame. I rise from the shadows to address an issue of which you have probably already become aware. That is the title "embarrassment of the SEC". I submit this to you humbly as I watched my Gators suffer their second worse home loss in history last night to Alabama. I have been documented elsewhere as saying that we were not going to win that game as Alabama's defense is way too strong and Demps and Rainey can only break off so many 80 yard plays.

From where I typically sit on Saturdays, I see one issue concerning the title "embarrassment of the SEC". I take my wife (Clemson class of 2005) to all of the homegames. We sit on the 48 yard line, lower deck visitor side under the overhang. I have watched Clemson play. Clemson is a legitimate threat in any league. If the SEC expanded, I would want Clemson. However, after Clemson throttled Auburn a couple of weeks ago, I would hear on 104.9 that Auburn was only the embarrassment of the SEC.

In Gainesville, we call this Bulldog/Volunteer/Seminole math, but it would appear to me that if you lose to the "embarrassment" of your conference, you then take the rank of "embarrassment". The logic follows as this: USC was the embarrassment when Tanneyhill had the stank mullet in their first season (1992), USC was the embarrassment in 1999 when they were 0-11, USC was the embarrassment in 2011 when Garcia got arrested (again), and once more the embarrassment in 2011 when Mangus peed on the sidewalk. What you will not hear from USC is that the other teams in the SEC (including Mississippi St. and Vandy) do not respect USC...started before Spurrier got there.

All of this to say, the title of "embarrassment of the SEC" has never settled anywhere other than Columbia. Not with the last National Champion, not even in Starkville...Columbia only, where the last National Champion just cleaned house. So, congratulations USC, you have recaptured your title. Enjoy it...it's all you will have.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Embarrassment of the SEC

Oct 2, 2011, 5:35 PM

Wow,,,, that was a fun read. LOL

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lead, Follow, or Get out of the Way.
Sine Pari- The tip of the spear.
Cofounder / USASOC Black Daggers 2001

Oct 2, 2011, 5:40 PM

Embarrassment of the state of South Carolina also.....

Embarrassment to the other folks pumping gas too***

Oct 2, 2011, 5:43 PM

nm

Re: Embarrassment to the other folks pumping gas too***

Oct 2, 2011, 5:45 PM

The real reason for self service.....

Re: Embarrassment to the other folks pumping gas too***

Oct 2, 2011, 9:09 PM

The new school motto for UofSC: "Would you like to supersize that?"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lead, Follow, or Get out of the Way.
Sine Pari- The tip of the spear.
Cofounder / USASOC Black Daggers 2001

Oct 2, 2011, 10:06 PM

I should also point out that Auburn, ranked 117 in total defense gave up its lowest total yards yesterday (289)...20 less than it gave up against FAU and over 330 less than it gave up against Clemson. THAT is embarrassing.

Embarrassing?????

Oct 3, 2011, 4:07 PM

I remember hearing an interview by Dave Despain with Ward Burton once. Despain asked Burton what was going through his mind when he lost control of his car and went into the wall.
Ward replied, "Thayut's Em-BARRASS-in'..."

Wonder if the same thoughts are going thru the OBS's mind right now.

Nah, he's wondering if he still got tee times at Augusta.

Re: Embarrassing?????

Oct 3, 2011, 4:12 PM

No I'm pretty sure Wud Button said "that's embuwussin".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2011, 4:16 PM

I believe I can speak for all Tiger Fans when I say we hope ya'll dominate them and take the SEC East back.

Oct 3, 2011, 4:21 PM

really enjoyed that post...finally someone sees what i see when i look towards columbia

Oct 3, 2011, 4:32 PM

Both of you need a lesson on the reply button lol

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2011, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Embarrassing????? ]

Not sure how that will go. If we make it out of Baton Rouge alive this week and through Auburn next week without our staring QB, we might stand a chance. I think USC will lose in Fayetteville and possibly in Knoxville (though I hate TN the way you hate USC). If they drop one or both of these, and we drop one or both of those, it will come down to the game in Columbia on Nov. 12. I think we can do it, its just a matter of getting Brantley back or Driskell really stepping up...either way, USC has no business in ATL unless GT invites them over for a homecoming buttwhooping.

Oct 3, 2011, 5:29 PM

TO HE#% WITH THE SMALL #####!!!!!

Fitting post given todays' news out of Cootville!!!***

Oct 11, 2011, 5:03 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic