Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let me get something straight
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Let me get something straight

Sep 5, 2011, 5:04 PM

I didnt boo but I see no problem with people who spend 100s of dollars to go to games booing when we stink it up against Troy.

So let me get this straight:

Dabo can tell fans to stop quacking about game time kickoffs. But fans can't boo when his teams underperform?

You PC pumper tards need to stick to watching cheerleading competitions or something. This is Clemson football not Tball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is just one of those situations where one person might

Sep 5, 2011, 5:17 PM

feel like boo'ing and another person doesn't think it's necessary.

The players and coaches know when they're stinking it up. They don't need to hear it from the fans. Some players might take it the wrong way and get upset, some players might use the boo's as motivation, who knows man.

It's just an individual choice. There's no "policy" or "law" stating whether you can or can't boo.

I think this topic has been talked about way too much already. I personally don't boo unless it's towards the other team. If Clemson is sucking it up, I get frustrated, but I don't feel the need to boo. If someone else wants to, that's their choice. It's not mine or anyone else's places to tell them what to do.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, and I'll also boo the refs. Can't leave that part out...

Sep 5, 2011, 5:19 PM

but my own Tigers? I don't ever want to boo them. Again, if they're sucking it up I get frustrated and want to see better, but I don't feel the need to boo them when they already know they've messed up. They're giving it their all out there on the field.

If other people are booing, then that's their own choice.

Re: This is just one of those situations where one person might

Sep 5, 2011, 5:21 PM [ in reply to This is just one of those situations where one person might ]

Exactly. Well said. I don't boo the team. I boo the refs. But Im not gonna tell another fan they shouldn't boo when we let Troy push us all over the field. Tnet is full of #### lately. Must be people who don't spend money or go to games.

I can't stand a PC @$$hat.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a terrific solution for all this...

Sep 5, 2011, 5:29 PM [ in reply to This is just one of those situations where one person might ]

Give each person who enters the stands a hand-held "Suck-O-Meter" device. It will have different buttons for Player, Coaches, Refs, and the PA. Press your chosen target button, then press the "Suck" button over and over until the desired level of "Suckiness" registers when you're displeased with what's going on down on the field or in the stadium.

On the bench is the "Suck-O-Meter" recording device, where a new assistant coach position, let's call it the "Assistant for Sucking" can monitor the readings and inform either players or coaches in private of fans' displeasure at that particular moment. The PA staff would have their own "Suck-O-Meter" device, though it would only show their own readings. The Assistant for Sucking could inform the Refereee when fans are directing high "Suckiness" readings at them.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you dont want to boo then dont boo.

Sep 5, 2011, 7:30 PM [ in reply to This is just one of those situations where one person might ]

others do and they can. Its very simple.

Well said***

Sep 5, 2011, 5:21 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did I hear Dabo say fans were booing the team...

Sep 5, 2011, 5:22 PM

I didn't boo, but I thought those who did wanted Dabo to call a time out to setup one last play to end the first half. Were we out of timeouts or something?

Re: Did I hear Dabo say fans were booing the team...

Sep 5, 2011, 5:26 PM

this is my thinking also;;; with our speed why not throw a long one??? I did not boo and I won`t but that is one thing I just do not understand

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did I hear Dabo say fans were booing the team...

Sep 5, 2011, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Did I hear Dabo say fans were booing the team... ]

I think it was def. calls that were booed not players. I personally thought the Oline and Dline were the only units underperforming. I thought Tajh was playing fine considering he had Trojans up his #### constantly (no pun intended). Ellington and receivers were doing all they could do. To me it was play calling and the decision at the end of 1st half that seemed to draw the boos.

The OL could have definitely played better, they're supposed

Sep 5, 2011, 5:28 PM

to be a lot better than what they showed for most of that game. I thought DL played pretty well though, especially Malliciah. Malliciah looks like he's turning into the player we thought he could be coming out of HS.

Re: The OL could have definitely played better, they're supposed

Sep 5, 2011, 5:31 PM

O/L was HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!! could not get TWO FEET!! against Troy, Troy, Troy, Troy!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2011, 5:33 PM [ in reply to The OL could have definitely played better, they're supposed ]

The Dline did not pressure the QB like Dlines of Clemson past. Their OLine was moving our Dline. At least that's what I observed from both game and replay of game.

Sep 5, 2011, 5:37 PM

i think our o-line is good at pass protection,not so much run blocking.for years our rb's have had to bounce it outside.saturday they didn't do a whole lot of either in the 1st half.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah but part of that is the way Troy gets the ball out so..

Sep 5, 2011, 5:46 PM [ in reply to Re: The OL could have definitely played better, they're supposed ]

quickly. There isn't much dropping back and setting for the throw in that offense at all, it's a get it and go type of system (kind of like what we're running now, although we will drop back and take some down the field shots more and more with our weapons at WR now, IMO).

I can't remember, was there booing last year against Miami

Sep 5, 2011, 5:35 PM [ in reply to Did I hear Dabo say fans were booing the team... ]

when we tried to move the ball downfield with under a minute left in the half and instead turned it over setting up a last second of the half Miami touchdown? I seem to remember this board going nuts for a full week over Dabo trying to go for it when our offense at the time was obviously out of sync and playing dysfunctional.

There's a good chance it was the same people going hysterical in this game when we simply tucked the ball in and took our medicine to the locker room.

For some reason I keep thinking a lot of us were hoping that Dabo would learn his lessons and improve quickly. Maybe not. It's confusing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can't remember, was there booing last year against Miami

Sep 5, 2011, 6:41 PM

Not me. I was at Miami last year and was glad go see them going for points. Not Dabo's fault Parker threw a pick.

That playcalling didn't work out too well for us though did

Sep 5, 2011, 8:45 PM

it? Parker was not on his game at all in the first half (or the second). I remember hoping to see Boyd at some point then, but as we all know that didn't happen.

Long story short, this year under similar conditions the coach we all love to hate on acted on past experience and sat on the ball to run out the clock on a poorly played half. And a host of fans booed. And in the second half we performed brilliantly. Boyd had the second best first start in Clemson QB history, garnered ACC Player of the Week honors, and we won going away.

Just sayin'.

Re: That playcalling didn't work out too well for us though did

Sep 5, 2011, 9:08 PM

But there's also a huge difference in riskig it going for points and setting A tone against freaking Troy and going for it and risking against Miami. It was Troy. We talking about Troy. Troy man. We talking about Troy.

We also talking about a new OC, a new QB, new receivers,

Sep 5, 2011, 9:27 PM

new play calling, a new pace, yet a similarly crappy 1st half and game situation. And the Young Ball Coach took his lickins from last year and is putting them to work, not making the same mistakes.

I certainly hope the fact that Dabo may be improving is not a downer to you.

Re: We also talking about a new OC, a new QB, new receivers,

Sep 5, 2011, 9:32 PM

No I didn't say that at all. I hope he is improving. I just think when you're sputtering against an inferior team near the end of the half you go for the score and set a tone going into the locker room. Just my opinion.

At the end of the day, there's a good reason why you and I

Sep 5, 2011, 9:59 PM

are on T-Net making these calls and not on the field. But I hear you.

We've got our differences but when the rubber meets the road we're all Tigers. So here's to ya Tiger brother.

Cheers.

Re: At the end of the day, there's a good reason why you and I

Sep 5, 2011, 10:36 PM

What I live for......well almost....

Big difference between on the road at Miami, and home

Sep 5, 2011, 9:31 PM [ in reply to I can't remember, was there booing last year against Miami ]

against Troy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was referring to last year's home loss to Miami. 2010.

Sep 5, 2011, 10:11 PM

Almost the exact same situation at the end of the first half, except this year we didn't continue our inept play in the waning moments of the half and give ourselves an opportunity to do something stupid and create a bigger hole. We took it to the locker room and came back out to the tune of 30-3.

Re: Let me get something straight

Sep 5, 2011, 8:51 PM

I booed because they elected to sit on the ball and run out the clock instead of making some sort of effort to put points on the board.

Flashback: Miami 2010 in Death Valley***

Sep 5, 2011, 9:27 PM

I think that is what 99% of the people were booing about.

Sep 5, 2011, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Let me get something straight ]

Very few if any were booing the players. They wanted to take a shot down field.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wasn't at the game Saturday, I was at home with company

Sep 5, 2011, 9:54 PM

throwing my hands up in the air WTF'ing our coaches, team, and poor 1st half play. Had I been at the game, I might have booed. More likely I would have been simply yelling out at Dabo to get his act together and sarcastically thanking him for putting the same level of play on the field that we saw last year. I'm not much of a booer unless it involves officiating or dirty play from opponents.

Having said that, I don't hold it against any fan who shows up in the Valley supporting the Tigers that feels like booing. I don't take boos as a lack of support. It's an emotional time at a game. All bets are off. It is what it is. It's not like any of us make sacrifices to go to a Clemson game. If that's the case, stay the freak home. Somebody will surely fill the seat.

The whole team knew they were letting Clemson nation down. They were letting themselves down as well. They were letting the recruits in the stands down. Fan activity is a by-product of what's on the field. After the fervor of kick-off, are we in a constant loud fury play after play? No. When the plays go well, we get louder. When there's nothing going on, it's quiet. We're a reflection of activity on the field, not directors. We're cheering our faces off when the D is on the field trying to make a 3rd down stop. Great! But it took the team to create a 3rd down situation on the field for us to get loud for.

The stakes seem higher now than they've ever been. We've lost two in a row to the Mangi for the first time in most peoples' forever, our conference affiliation is uncertain, and we have great unprovens and unknowns leading our Tigers. There is much angst. And we stumbled out of the gate. All of us. But we got better. All of us. The team got a W where it needs to be, and another opportunity coming this Saturday to step it up a notch. They covered the spread, set numerous rookie and first time starter records, and the coaches all acknowledge there's a LOT of room to improve.

And that's the truth, Ruth.

Re: I wasn't at the game Saturday, I was at home with company

Sep 5, 2011, 10:17 PM

good lord have you been to the blue cootie or uttles school of writing a book for a post.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forget it. He's rolling.***

Sep 5, 2011, 10:25 PM

I agree 100%, and nice sig***

Sep 5, 2011, 10:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree 100%, and nice sig***

Sep 5, 2011, 10:38 PM

Thanks....great minds think alike...

dabo needs to stop worrying bout

Sep 5, 2011, 10:15 PM

stuff that doesnt matter. Can he not understand why they booed....I mean the last images in the fans minds are getting beaten at home to the lamechcikens and then losing to usf in a bowl game...and in both games offense was putrid so when we took the field sat and offense didnt look improved can he not understand the frustration

Sep 5, 2011, 10:21 PM

Yes, you can boo all you want, and if were the middle of the season I could understand it, but booing after one half in the opening game with a new offense, and a quarterback in his first start is thoughtless.

Sep 5, 2011, 10:39 PM

See post above yours for an explanation of why those fans had every right to boo.....

You are right on 'booing". That first half was crap!****

Sep 5, 2011, 10:41 PM

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic