Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Dabo . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

If Dabo . . .

Aug 19, 2011, 1:41 PM

had hired a crap offensive coordinator who didn't have an identity, was soft, etc, everyone would pin that on Dabo and destroy him for it. Correct?

So now that The Chad comes in and is preaching toughness, bringing an identity to this offense, and seems to be saying all the right things to make everyone happy, why is it so hard for some people to want to give Dabo credit for that?

It's like some people think that The Chad is doing all the right stuff despite Dabo, which is wrong. Dabo brought in The Chad because he saw all of these great things and he deserves credit if the hire works out just as much as he should take the blame if it doesn't.

Go Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some people did not want Dabo and being right is THE

Aug 19, 2011, 1:48 PM

most important thing to some of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some people did not want Dabo and being right is THE

Aug 19, 2011, 1:51 PM

Exactly, as I have been saying... if we go 14-0 and win the NC, some would say,

"OH NO!!! Now we will never get rid of Dabo and get a real experienced coach!"

I wouldn't go that far...

Aug 19, 2011, 1:56 PM

They'd just say that Danny Ford could have done it better and by a larger margin of victory in terms of combined total points.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some people just can't be pleased. Won't admit they're wrong

Aug 19, 2011, 1:57 PM

You know, those armchair QB's who think that because they understand formations, they could go coach Clemson.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I give him all the credit for taking care of business. He is

Aug 19, 2011, 2:01 PM

a young head coach and is still growing. I believe we have a strong staff in place and a talented team. Dabo has done what needed to be done. I just hope that JS learns a LOT from "the Chad" so when and if he moves on maybe JS can fill in and keep things going.

we did destroy him......when he hired napier.........

Aug 19, 2011, 2:04 PM

now that he FINALLY IMO made the "right hire" with chad morris...........i've given dabo a lot of praise for #1 firing his buddy (something i didn't think he would do and #2 getting an OC that runs this style of offense (our last little bit of success was when rich rod was OC and ever since i've been wanting that "kind" of offense back here at clemson

now.........I'm not ready to crown dabo or morris right now, BUT he took a big step in the right direction IMO..................still got to prove it on the field though...........9-3 and BEAT USC and i'll be good with that.

If the game of tetris taught me anything...

Aug 19, 2011, 2:09 PM

... it is that errors pile up, and accomplishments disappear. Sad, but true.

The fact is that apparently Chad Morris just "knows"

Aug 19, 2011, 2:38 PM

football. Can't quite say the same for Dabo. Hope he just gets out of the guys way and lets him do his job.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^and wonders why she-he gets thumbs downed^^^***

Aug 19, 2011, 2:52 PM

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

facts are facts.... like them or not***

Aug 19, 2011, 2:53 PM

Dabo knows football, is he a coordinator, no, but he knows

Aug 19, 2011, 2:54 PM

football. To say anything other is just asenine!

Knowing and coaching are two different things. How many

Aug 19, 2011, 5:57 PM

Heisman winners are flops in the NFL? Or college coaches that go to the NFL or NBA? Think they suddenly forgot how to play or coach? Knowing and doing are two totally different concepts. In America folks get rewarded for DOING, WINNING, not talking about it!! Except apparently at Clemson and South Carolina. We like to praise folks for talking good and make excuses for them when they fail.

Where did you list facts, I must have missed them

Aug 19, 2011, 3:39 PM [ in reply to facts are facts.... like them or not*** ]

idiot

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

seems the tnet pond was recently stocked with idjits...

Aug 21, 2011, 10:06 AM

got some wall-mounters round here.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The fact is that apparently Chad Morris just "knows"

Aug 19, 2011, 2:42 PM

Right...Dabo knows nothing about football. Some of you people...smh

I didn't say "knows nothing", but he doesn't know x's and

Aug 19, 2011, 2:45 PM

o's. That's obvious. Newsflash.... He hired Morris because he was on a one way ticket out of town if he didn't. After the bowl game where noone showed, it was hired a new staff or hit the bricks.

he made the change because he knew what he had didn't

Aug 19, 2011, 2:49 PM

work. That alone is a coaching move!! There was no ultimatum!! Dang some people are just hard headed and stupid at the same time!!

He made the change to save his butt and buy more time!!***

Aug 19, 2011, 5:58 PM

Completely disagree. Admin. was still behind Dabo at that

Aug 19, 2011, 2:49 PM [ in reply to I didn't say "knows nothing", but he doesn't know x's and ]

moment. To say he hired The Chad "because" he was going to be fired is ridiculous. He hired The Chad because he was one of the best OC's in the country and Billy more or less handed in his resignation after the bowl game. You people are unbelievable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Wow, if you guys don't think that he HAD to fire Napier,

Aug 19, 2011, 2:51 PM

then i'm wasting time talking football with you.

Bye, I haven't heard the first smart football thing come out

Aug 19, 2011, 2:53 PM

of you yet!!

right, some of you guys live in fantasy land.***

Aug 19, 2011, 2:54 PM

Re: Wow, if you guys don't think that he HAD to fire Napier,

Aug 19, 2011, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Wow, if you guys don't think that he HAD to fire Napier, ]

Bye, then. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I'm not going anywhere. If you don't know anymore about

Aug 19, 2011, 2:58 PM

football than you've shown then you need to go.

I wish I had more hands

Aug 19, 2011, 3:00 PM

so I could give your post more Thumbs downs!!

and no it is not because of who you are it is because of the complete idiocy in your posts!!

So who was forcing him to fire Napier???

You don't get it. When the fans decide enough is enough

Aug 19, 2011, 3:31 PM

Stuff gets done. Money talks louder than anything else. When we didn't show up to the bowl, changes were going to be made, period. I would say TDP told him because his job was on the line too. You never wondered why when the internet crowd went nuts over something that it was addressed by Dabo and staff shortly thereafter?

I get it just fine, and I think winning is more important to

Aug 19, 2011, 3:34 PM

Dabo than keeping an OC on board that was pulling you down!!

I don't think TDP had to tell him a thing!

If anyone doesn't get it, I believe it is you!!

Re: Wow, if you guys don't think that he HAD to fire Napier,

Aug 19, 2011, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Wow, if you guys don't think that he HAD to fire Napier, ]

Not really trying to take sides on the Napier firing - but I too have my opinion on that.

If Dabo chose NOT to fire Napier (and Napier HAD to be the one due to our lack of O), then Dabo could lose his job after this season - or mid-season possibly - if we came out like we ended last season. Simply hiring a "potentially" great/good OC hire, then Dabo gets at least 2 years. No way does Dabo get fired this year, since we need at least 2 years to see if the OC works out.

So - just looking at how Dabo extends his career as HC by at least 1 year, I'd say that Dabo HAD to fire Napier. Sort of like the Sword of Damocles. Yeh - that hair might hold - and it might not - but Dabo has longer to escape his potential demise as a HC.

But then again - this is JMO. Very, very few probably know the real truth.

While I see your angle, He-She said he was forced to

Aug 19, 2011, 3:29 PM

implying someone made him!!

I agree he made the change to continue his career, but he did it as a coaching move rather than a forced move.

I guess it is semantics

Nice observation!

Aug 19, 2011, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Wow, if you guys don't think that he HAD to fire Napier, ]

A reminder that, in the end, it's all about business in collegiate sports.

People will posture and maneuver just as they would in any other career.

I don't give a ####.

I just want to see some winning football!

Playing tough and still losing is only slightly better than watching Rick Spence run bubble screens all game long.

Winning! DUH!!!

If Dabo was smart he never would have hired Napier or the

Aug 19, 2011, 6:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Wow, if you guys don't think that he HAD to fire Napier, ]

Scotts to start with!!

Napier ran a stale offense. That's why he got fired.***

Aug 19, 2011, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Completely disagree. Admin. was still behind Dabo at that ]

As much as Dabo meddled we have no idea how much

Aug 19, 2011, 6:06 PM

was Napier or Dabo. Dabo hired Napier so he could meddle. No proven OC would work for a HC less experienced than them and let him meddle in the offense. You folks are so in love with Dabo you don't see the realities of the situation.

Too many folks on TNET love people more than Clemson. My loyalty is NOT to Barker, TDP, TB, dabo, etc., but to my beloved alma mater, Clemson.

Whatev, Garnet Caddy. Ur alma mater is Cootsville Sakakalaka

Aug 19, 2011, 8:00 PM

Don't be a pretender.

Yep, he sure is. He's a 1987 graduate of uSC . He's lived

Aug 19, 2011, 8:13 PM

basically his entire life in a charade of bitterness, lies, lies, and lies to cover lies, and pretty much outright insanity. Did I mention he's an obsessive liar? I know Blue Caddy. I met him several years ago. I sat at a table with him at a dinner, where I spoke with several of his fellow gamecock fans. To a man, they all said he's an embarrassment to their university. The guy has SERIOUS issues that will only compound when Clemson has a successful season this year, and his team doesn't fare as well as last year when they feasted on the worst SEC East in decades. Gonna be fun to watch him fall further into complete insanity.

Re: Completely disagree. Admin. was still behind Dabo at that

Aug 19, 2011, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Completely disagree. Admin. was still behind Dabo at that ]

How can anyone say the chad is one of the best oc in the country? Was he not coaching high school football 2 years ago? If things go south this year he may be coaching high school next year. The fact is he is just a gamble hire just like dabo, but I will admit that so far it seems he and dabo are headed in the right direction. Hope it works out for clemson, but it is premature to call the chad one of the best oc in the country.

Oh, so his record at Tulsa doesn't count? LMAO***

Aug 19, 2011, 4:49 PM

Screw Calford.

One year at TULSA and he is one of the best in the country?

Aug 19, 2011, 4:53 PM

Good thing Oregon, Auburn or Oklahoma didn't want him

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Re: Oh, so his record at Tulsa doesn't count? LMAO***

Aug 19, 2011, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Oh, so his record at Tulsa doesn't count? LMAO*** ]

One season at tulsa does not make you a top oc. LMAO

You need more than 1 year in the bush leagues before you

Aug 19, 2011, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Completely disagree. Admin. was still behind Dabo at that ]

are considered a top OC. The fact is, no true top OC would come within miles of the Clemson OC job under Dabo. That would be nuts.

The BOTTOM LINE is....

Aug 19, 2011, 2:50 PM

No one knows if this was a good hire or not yet. All we have are quotes from Morris. We have yet to see how this offense works. We've heard quotes from Dabo for 2 1/2 years now. So what? Doesn't mean anything.... not yet.

THE TIGERS ARE IN MY HEART..... BUT THE DUCKS ARE IN MY PANTS....

Exactly. Praising Dabo for simply making a hire is like

Aug 19, 2011, 5:38 PM

congratulating a woman for getting pregnant and buying her gifts before she even sees a doctor and confirms she's pregnant. Folks are way too prone to premature celebration and throw around praise on this board, but then make excuses when things don't work out.

I've said all along I'll give credit when credit is due. So far Dabo hasn't done anything praise worthy. Morris is a very questionable and risky hire. Like Dabo, Morris is totally unproven. People look stupid with this premature excitement and calling him "The Chad".

My mother taught me "Don't count your chickens till they hatch".

So the reality is, an unproven questionable head coach doesn't deserve, nor has he earned credit nor praise, until he does something to deserve it. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'll admit I was wrong and give Dabo credit once he starts winning 10+ games and wins the ACC. Until then, he hasn't done what we fired TB and hired Dabo to do. It's really that simple. Anyone that doesn't agree is more hung up on the man than the mission, which is exactly how we got into this mess to start with!

You lost me at "The Chad."***

Aug 19, 2011, 2:57 PM

Re: If Dabo . . .

Aug 19, 2011, 3:41 PM

Chad Morris has proven nothing yet. Wait until games before you start praising or dissing him.

Not dissing him, but I think it's totally fair to exam his

Aug 19, 2011, 5:51 PM

resume. He has coached high school and one year in the minor leagues. Tulsa is hardly big time college football. Morris has a gimmick system that worked 1 year at a school that ran a similar system the year before in a conference full of weak defenses. How would he do his year or next at Tulsa? No way to tell.

How will Morris do against SEC & ACC defenses?

He has never faced this level of talent, speed, or coaching n defense. And certainly not week in and week out.

Will he be able to make in game or half time adjustments?

How will he respond after a couple of bad games?

If he does OK this year, how will he do next year once teams have time to adjust?

These are all legit questions. These are the exact reasons TNET geniuses gave for not wanting Clemson to hire PJ. GaTech did and beat us 2x in one year and won the ACCCG with less talent than us. Then they got their butts handed to them the next year after teams adjusted to their offense. My how quick folks are on TNET to blast one guy then anoint the next based purely on person bias.

No one is saying Morris sucks, or he will fail, or that he was a bad hire. We are saying he, like Dabo, is inexperienced at this level and a questionable hire that may or my not work out. Time will tell. The answers will be found on the field when we play, not by drinking Kool Aid and blindly supporting Dabo.

Re: Not dissing him, but I think it's totally fair to exam his

Aug 19, 2011, 6:57 PM

The 'gimmick offense' worked pretty well for auburn and Oregon last year.

Hopefully Morris will be able to do something Napier couldn't, and that's adjust in the game. Most of our opening (scripted) drives last year were pretty good, auburn and so car come to mind.

But Morris should have an advantage here. You don't win state titles in Texas high school by not adapting in the game. You don't take an offense from 30th to 5th without making adjustments during the game. This is what gets me excited sbout our offense. The ability to adapt and change as the game progresses. Throw in some of the athletes which we were lacking last year, and watch out

Gimmick offenses work if you have great talent and great

Aug 19, 2011, 9:29 PM

execution, but in time they get shut down because defenses adjust. What works consistently and long term is having a very good OL and running either smash mouth or a pro style balanced offense. Nothing stops those consistently.

Some people are still sucking their thumbs and pouting

Aug 19, 2011, 4:02 PM

over the Dabo hire, and like the small children they are, will begrudge Dabo any success he may have. And then you have the coot trolls posing as Clemson fans who just so happen to slam Dabo at every turn.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Some people are still sucking their thumbs and pouting

Aug 19, 2011, 4:52 PM

Seriously, if we win 10 games this season they're going to blame Dabo for something...these people are delusional.

Screw Calford.

"A real coach woulda won 'em all with the talent we had"

Aug 19, 2011, 4:55 PM

or something to that effect.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Not as dellusional as people who will make excuses for

Aug 19, 2011, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Some people are still sucking their thumbs and pouting ]

Dabo if we continue to under achieve. So far Dabo is underachieving worse than TB.

Re: Not as dellusional as people who will make excuses for

Aug 19, 2011, 6:10 PM

TB never got us to the ACC Championship game!

But Dabo has not had a better record and yea he got us

Aug 19, 2011, 9:33 PM

there during the weakest year in the weakest division in major college football, then lost. Then got smacked around by a program with less talent in a wimpy bowl game. Then followed it up with the worst season in Clemson football since Tommy West. And he's been abused by the coots two years in a row. So yea, TB did better all things considered!

but finished second in ACC how many times?***

Aug 21, 2011, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Not as dellusional as people who will make excuses for ]

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Re: If Dabo . . .

Aug 19, 2011, 6:21 PM

Truth is, we will not know if the Chad Morris hire was a good hire or not until we play some games. I give Dabo credit for getting him, no doubt about that. But I also remember Rob Spence. He was very popular at Clemson, until we started playing games. Hopefully Morris will be a diffrent story but we will not know until we start playing games and see if our offence is making progress. It might take a couple of years before we really see results.

because...

Aug 19, 2011, 8:11 PM

DABO came in preaching toughness and establishing an identity.
I'm not saying Morris won't work out, but as far as giving him credit for the hire? Well, they haven't played a game.
He talks the talk... but we've heard that before. Just go win, THEN you get credit.

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic