Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Something as Tiger Fans that we can't discredit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

Something as Tiger Fans that we can't discredit

Jul 29, 2011, 10:46 AM

is that we should be a better team without Kyle Parker!!

I mean no offense to the guy, but it seems as though half the team or more did not like his attitude. It has also been documented Kyle was a more ME player than Team Player.

We will have better results simply because the Team is rallying behind Tajh!! He is showing great leadership skills and I truly believe that the entire offense will play harder with him at the QB position.

We also had our QB for all of Spring Practice, something never done by KP, and our current #1 QB has been working out with all the WR's including the freshmen once they got on campus all summer, another thing that never happened under KP due to baseball!!

I just think that the relationship Tajh has with the Team and the continuity he has been building over the off season with the Wr's will be huge for our team specifically the Offense!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: Something as Tiger Fans that we can't discredit

Jul 29, 2011, 10:50 AM

If Tajh is so great don't you think he would have played more last year? You have Parker who was hurt in the Auburn game but still started after that because he was better than Boyd. I just don't understand how you can be so excited about a player who has proven on the field he does not have what it takes to win games.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's excited about his leadership and attitude... hopefully

Jul 29, 2011, 10:56 AM

that will be a huge difference in this TEAM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

explain to me how he has shown on the field he doesn't have

Jul 29, 2011, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Something as Tiger Fans that we can't discredit ]

what it takes to win!!

Re: explain to me how he has shown on the field he doesn't have

Jul 30, 2011, 10:00 AM

> what it takes to win!!

Go watch any game he played in last year or the spring game and you clearly see he does not have what takes to win.

It's called one more year

Jul 29, 2011, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Something as Tiger Fans that we can't discredit ]

It's amazing how much maturity and talent you can pack on with just one more year of experience. If that weren't the case, then practically every quarterback in college football would be patently awful--many of them only start for 1, maybe 2 years if they're lucky.

Jul 29, 2011, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Something as Tiger Fans that we can't discredit ]

Very good point.

Yeah.....

Jul 29, 2011, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Something as Tiger Fans that we can't discredit ]

it's absolutely a foreign concept and unheard-of that a player may actually improve with experience and one more year in a program.

I swear, your PeeCocks are among the most ignorant in all of college athletics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jul 29, 2011, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Something as Tiger Fans that we can't discredit ]

Go back to your 'coop'.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clay, I can answer that ...

Jul 29, 2011, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Something as Tiger Fans that we can't discredit ]

No one is saying that Kyle Parker was not a great athlete and a great guy. I wish him much success in the future.

But it is a fact that the team didn't have the benefit of having a totally focused football player - from spring thru the fall. Kyle was not fully there in spring practice and the summer. I too wondered why Kyle was not replaced earlier during the season, and especially at end of Auburn game. But there may have been a feeling that we owed Kyle because he gave up millions of dollars to play last season with Clemson. I'm not sure Kyle was the same player after the cheap hit in his back. You have to think he was worried about getting injured to the point of jeopordizing his baseball career. And because of that being in the back of his mind during the season (after "the hit"), he didn't live up to expectations. And again, despite his subpar performance, there may have been a feeling that we owed Kyle.

Go TIGERS! Go Tajh Boyd! GO T-IG-E-R-S!!!!!

IGNORE Clay1029. His posts suk. Has meager pulse ..

Jul 29, 2011, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Something as Tiger Fans that we can't discredit ]

and might be a COOT. In either case, he is an idiot and not worth listening too. IGNORE him!!! I am doing so now.

And exactly how has he proven that? Mop up in two lost

Jul 29, 2011, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Something as Tiger Fans that we can't discredit ]

games, and he has stated that Napier barely gave him the time of day as a backup. If he doesn't succeed it sure won't be for lack of effort. Now, your guy, on the other hand....

Jul 30, 2011, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Something as Tiger Fans that we can't discredit ]

what games were you watching.he almost brought us back against usf,just ran out of time.i'll take boyd over garcia all day long.you've got to have some continuity at the qb position with the wr's,and when your practicing with the second team,you don't develop the chemistry.he'll be fine.you need to worry about your headcase qb.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2011, 12:43 PM

What I find funny is Dabo thought Parker could make just about any team's NFL roster last year yet you think y'all will be better without him. Boyd hasn't proven anything yet. Maybe he will turn out to be a great fit for you guys but no way I'd want him over Garcia, even with Garcia's inconsistencies.

Tajh last year was 33 for 63 in completions, had 329 yards, 4 touchdowns, 3 interceptions and was sacked 5 times in his limited plays. Sounds like he still has a long way to go to me.

and who on this board do you think cares what you would want

Jul 30, 2011, 12:58 PM

It is called the off season. It is one more year of maturity!!

You can't gauge how a player will do by looking at his spot duty in games. His work ethic tells me all I need to know about him!! He has had the entire spring as the #1, he has worked in the offseason to build continuity with all of the WR's!!

I don't care if you would want him over Garcia or not, I do know that if Garcia had come to Clemson he wouldn't still be here!!

Jul 29, 2011, 10:59 AM

If the spring game is any indicator I'll take 3 full years of Tahj.

Jul 29, 2011, 11:01 AM

You're either a peecock or blind lol

Edit to say Peecock

Message was edited by: CUAtTheFinishLine®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he is a peecock child you have to forgive him for using the

Jul 29, 2011, 11:07 AM

spring game as facts he doesn't know any better!!

He is growing up in the mold of those who surround him, don't expect him to get much smarter, I would assume he has reached his limit as far as that goes!!!!

The smaller case P was appropriate.***

Jul 30, 2011, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Something as Tiger Fans that we can't discredit ]

losing usually does that... no one was dissing kp when he

Jul 29, 2011, 11:02 AM

thru the rocket across the middle to beat miami or when he was the first 20/20 guy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2011, 11:05 AM

Unreal I sick of people slamming Kyle. Most of you forget Klye was only a sophomore and you think will have better QB play this year vs if Kyle was back?

I am talking about kyle's leadership

Jul 29, 2011, 11:12 AM

I said no offense to the kid, but in Tajh's interview he said himself that Kyle didn't help him develop.

He didn't feel like Kyle ever took the time to bring him along the way you expect good leaders to do!!

and yes he was a sophomore, but he was also a 2nd year starter at QB that when he got pulled pouted like a three year old. He also left the field prematurely after a game he got pulled in rather than stay and do the after game things that teammates do!!

Re: I am talking about kyle's leadership

Jul 29, 2011, 12:59 PM

What game did he leave early?

South Carolina I think

Jul 29, 2011, 1:13 PM

once he was benched he pouted on the sideline as usual then as soon as the game was over instead of staying with the team like they do every game and singing the alma mater he went straight to the locker room got his stuff and left. no talking to coaches, the media or anyone!!

Re: South Carolina I think

Jul 29, 2011, 3:44 PM

You think? You think that could be a rumor?

No it was a fact he came out and apologized on wednesday

Jul 29, 2011, 3:49 PM

after the game when the coaches had talked to him

Re: No it was a fact he came out and apologized on wednesday

Jul 29, 2011, 3:51 PM

Hey Cool I was just asking. He's gone so why worry about him.

I agree, but like most people when I know something and feel

Jul 29, 2011, 4:17 PM

like I am not being trusted well you know

Parker didn't miss any spring practice

Jul 29, 2011, 11:26 AM

except for his freshman season in baseball. He missed baseball games that conflicted.

In fact if I recall correctly, Parker's schedule and our kicker that was playing both football and soccer (name escapes me) got us a secondary violation for more than 20 hours in practice in a week.

ok then I stand corrected I should have just said the summer

Jul 29, 2011, 11:30 AM

workouts where the QB's learn the tendencies and build the continuity with each other!!

KP had an entirely different set of WR's from year 1 as the starter to year 2!!

Thats true

Jul 29, 2011, 11:33 AM

he missed plenty of "optional" workout time with WRs and others. I don't remember if he stayed on campus while he was talking to the rockies or went home.

Jul 29, 2011, 11:32 AM

I hope you are right,if Boyd has a good season look out the Tigers could be a hard team to beat.

if frogs had wings.....................***

Jul 29, 2011, 1:33 PM

Re: if frogs had wings.....................***

Jul 30, 2011, 1:55 PM

Even without them they seem to be more intelligent than a gamecock. Lower case on purpose suits their style.

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

I don't know if we will be better, but I think we will be

Jul 29, 2011, 11:43 AM

more of a TEAM. I think his individual recognition and actions hurt the overall team last year

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2013_bowl_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know if we will be better, but I think we will be

Jul 29, 2011, 12:01 PM

If Boyd had been given more playing time last year I would feel especially good about the upcoming season. He deserved it but the coaches apparently couldn't work him into the games. Perhaps that was a mistake. I was never a Parker fan but I truly like the kid and hope he becomes a major league player. Boyd, I think, has more quarterback skills and will show them this season. You learn NOTHING from the spring game. It was touch football and that is not Boyds strength! Without question, he must stay healthy. Brings us back to the ole' OL discussion! I like where my Tigers are right now. Who in the league would you trade places with? Some solid coaching will get us through this year and I see the right guys in place.

And please quit comparing us with the Columbia mafia!!!

Being competitive in every game hurt us a lot last year...

Jul 29, 2011, 1:13 PM

I think getting blown out and letting Boyd play could have been better for us this year. They couldn't work Boyd in because Parker was still presented the best opportunity to win (in the coaches eyes at least). I think Boyd will end up doing well, but it may take several games before he fully gets his feet under him. And for god sakes, run with your shoulders down a lil bit...he took some MASSIVE hits last year in the limited time he was out there.

You may be right, but...

Jul 29, 2011, 12:03 PM

I'm convinced that after the Auburn game, KP played the rest of the year with a cracked rib. He wouldn't take any contact after that game and it didn't take long for our opponents to figure that out too. When opposing defenses figured out our QB was going to run out of bounds as soon he was flushed out of the pocket, it made developing their game-plans a little easier.

Jul 29, 2011, 3:49 PM

You not all great QBs played every game as freshmen. Give Tajh a chance. There will be some good and bad in 2011 but he has excellent potential and 3 years left to prove it.

Jul 30, 2011, 1:01 PM

You would think the day would come after Tiger fans defiantly determined that Harper would be better than Proctor, that Korn would be better than Harper, that Parker would be better than half the QBs in the NFL, that you would ease off the hyperbole and just wait and see.....wait and see if a QB that plays for you can actually produce. But that doesn't seem to be in your make-up at all. You're simply not wired it...

Everyone has used the hit from the Auburn game as some sort of excuse for Parker playing like he did the rest of the season. The AU game was the 3rd game of the season for you, and only a few days past the mid-point of September..

It was the USF game where Parker's ribs really got injured, not the AU game. Sure, he was banged up badly in the AU game, but I watched Parker play in MANY games after that one, and he never had a loss of mobility, never looked hobbled. Was never in pain on the sidelines between possessions. Parker never lost the starting job to Boyd during ALL THOSE game weeks the rest of the season. He wasn't injured as nearly as badly as Clemson Nation try desperately to portray, once that the 6-7 season came to smouldering, merciful halt....

No, it was just poor execution, and poor decision-making. Poor game-planning for games. A lack of go-to receivers for the majority of the season, and with Ellington's injury a lack of leaders on offense. That's all it was. You Clemson fans placed too much of a burden of expectations on your QB, who when the chips were down couldn't perform up to the job at hand...

Which is why now it's so funny for me to watch you do the same thing again with your newest QB. What excuse will you fabricate for Boyd after next season, when he fails to live up to what you expect of him? To make yourselves feel better and say, "ooh, he was STILL better than half the QBs in the NFL, if only he didn't have to play with this injury or that injury"....

It was telling however that in the AU game after his injury, Parker was hanging onto the shoulder pads of fellow players just to be able to stand up-right. And they still sent him back into the game. THIS is the testimony for your new starting quarterback???

Jul 30, 2011, 1:10 PM

so because the coots have won 2 in a row,they think they know football now.the coot fans will jump off the bandwagon so fast when you lose your first game it won't be funny (well,yes it will).man,y'all lost 5 games last year,had the worst championship game loss ever,in any conferance,got whooped by an acc team in the bowl game,and now think your nc contenders,the whole lot of you are gamecock wills.

Jul 30, 2011, 1:32 PM

Clemson went 9-4 in '07 beating mediocre teams (including USC) and losing to the only decent teams you played that year.....still didn't stop Tiger Nation from talking about going 12-0 and whooping up on Florida in the NC game. Look where that got you, lol.....

You play an even WEAKER schedule in '09 than USC played in '10 to win your division for the first time ever, and even with losing Spiller, Ford, and Palmer Tiger Nation talked of winning 10+ games in '10 and making a return to the ACCCG. Look where that got you, lol.....

You do a good job of pointing out the USC fan-base's delusions. You do a better job of showing them how it's REALLY done....

;)

Jul 30, 2011, 2:36 PM

why,thank you,for letting me know that i really show your fan bases delusional mindset.at least our fan base knows what it is like to be nc caliber.i am just trying to let y'alls fans know that your team is nowhere close to being that good.i know you have heard of our fans hospitality,that is all i'm doing.you can thank me later.

you'd think that if coots really realized

Jul 30, 2011, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Something as Tiger Fans that we can't discredit ]

65-39-4

That they wouldn't think 2 in a row really isn't such a big deal!!

I mean I can't count on one hand how many times we have done that to you losers!!

Anyway talk about QB's all you want, all I know is be ready in November cause redemption is coming. All things in life have a way of finding normality and our rivalry is the same way!!

This year all things will return to normal and we as tiger fans will again rejoice in the fact that you guys suck!!

When you gonna change your name man!! I told you many times that the CLE crap fools no one. I actually have much more respect for the peecocks that have the indication they are peecock fans in their screen name. The ones that don't hide behind names meant to make Clemson fans think they are one of our own!!

By the way thanks for spending your saturday on a Clemson board it says wonders for what your life must really be like!!

And this gives you faith in Coach Swinney?

Jul 30, 2011, 1:25 PM

I would truly be able to go "All in" with Coach Swinney if he had showed the ability to recognize KP as a liability and taken care of the problem. Same with fixing our kicking game with a special teams coach or stopping our RBs from deciding their own playing time.

He -does- show the ability to make good decisions when backed into a corner. I just hope he becomes more proactive starting this season.

Re: And this gives you faith in Coach Swinney?

Jul 30, 2011, 2:01 PM

Nah, Coach Dabo gives me confidence. Who is this Swinney person you speak of?
I like his style, his commitment, and his ability to judge character.
And above all I like his motivation and recruiting skills.
That my friend is what builds champions, either on or off the field.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Wow another post about intangibles

Jul 30, 2011, 5:16 PM

Acceptable responses:

KP wasn't a liability

Coach Swinney may have been trying to address the problem without changing players

Boyd was not ready, but he has improved greatly this spring, mainly because he is accepted as the leader of the offense

KP was better in Napier's system, but Boyd will thrive under Morris

Coach Swinney has assigned X coach to special teams who has proven to improve struggling kickers

Lakip will fix our kicking problems so a new coach wasn't required

While it may have appeared to stall drives, rotating RBs every 3 plays was ideal because it let Ellington stay fresh

Unacceptable responses:

You are wrong because you call him Coach Swinney.

You are wrong because Coach Swinney is a good person.

You are wrong because we win championships off the field.

Re: Wow another post about intangibles

Jul 31, 2011, 6:53 AM

Got many problems?
Or is trying to belittle other folks the only one.

You need to learn that you are not always right, and most folks don't care if you are or aren't.

You just ain't that important to anyone but you, and whoever may love you.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

That reply just made my day!

Jul 31, 2011, 9:06 AM

Thank you Outbound. Have a wonderful day!

I just pray to the holy Jebus that Dabo learned his lesson

Jul 30, 2011, 5:39 PM

playing favorites.

There's something in these hills.

Yeah...Kyle's not practicing early due to baseball, making $

Jul 30, 2011, 6:52 PM

from BB contract, not being liked by some of his teammates, having an injury in Auburn game...plus having a typical sophomoric season hurt him & Clemson overall.

Hey, he gave us a solid redshirt season (remember the Miami OT game)...a great & heroic game at Auburn...and couple great years in baseball. More than most players can add to their resume.

Say no more, he's in the book forever at Tigertown as a Clemson man. Thanks Kyle; come back to see us anytime.

Go TIGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just pray to the holy Jebus that Dabo learned his lesson

Jul 30, 2011, 8:48 PM [ in reply to I just pray to the holy Jebus that Dabo learned his lesson ]

Nive post CLEV. But forget it. These Taters have already fallen for Boyd Hook, Line and Sinker. You think they would have learned by now to wait and see. But poor Taters just can't do it. Especially this year. Des..pe..ra..tion!!!

Re: I just pray to the holy Jebus that Dabo learned his lesson

Jul 31, 2011, 5:04 AM

y'all give a qb 5,count them 5,chances because he gives y'all the "best chance to win" and you say we are desperate.that might be the single most stupid statement i have read on t-net,heck,all of the internet for that matter.

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic