Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gamecock fans listen up
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 101
| visibility 1

Gamecock fans listen up

Jun 17, 2011, 7:54 AM

I will give you this. You beat us soundly the last two years. They were not flukes. However, it must concern you, at least a little, that the team you have beaten (and if you are honest, the team you want to beat more than any other) out recruited you last year. Even landing Clowney could not offset what Clemson did. This year Clemson is again landing the players we want. It has to concern you, at least a little, that we are replenishing talent at a faster rate than you. It has to concern you, at least a little, that your team is built around three players: Garcia, Jefferies and Lattimore. After this year two will be gone, one for sure, one very likely.

I am not one of the Clemson fans that bad mouths Spurrier at every turn. I think the man is an arrogant A$$. I think he is unethical and will do anything to win. However, he can absolutely coach football. He has taken Gamecock nation places it has not been before. However, it has to concern you, at least a little, that he could be gone at any time. It has to concern you, at least a little, that he does not like recruiting and has not turned your two year run into recruiting domination.

Clemson is lining up its next group of star players. You are not. So enjoy your "best time ever to be a GAmecock". We in Tigertown are confident it will be short lived.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a lot of hope on your part

Jun 17, 2011, 7:59 AM

Congratulations on getting guys who are ranked higher. But when did they start handing out trophies for that?

It's about bringing kids into the program who can contribute and until they contribute there is no reason to expect they will.

I'm sure you thought Daquan Bowers was going to be a significant boost to your program that three star Devin Taylor couldn't compare to. When after a few years of playing on the field it's apparent Devin Taylor was the better player.

Lastly doesn't it churn your stomach to talk about conference championships and national titles when it's been 20 years since you've even won your conference? You may have done it at one time. However, since the restructuring of conferences in the 1990s you've been no different than Carolina in that regard. I don't see how something that happened 30 years ago changes the reality of the current and prevailing situation for nearly a quarter century.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Let's talk reality.

Jun 17, 2011, 8:06 AM

Your "great year" last year ended with two lopsided losses. Until you get on the field this year and prove something the past proves nothing. It is "a lot of hope" on your part to think a team that has a combined score in its last two games of 34-82 will be a championship team this year. Doesn't it "churn your stomach" to know that the best ever for you is a five loss season that ended with, shall I repeat for you an 0-2 run in which you were outscored 34-82?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah but they were clearly the better team when they lost

Jun 17, 2011, 2:36 PM

to FSU by 9...Didn't you get the memo?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah but they were clearly the better team when they lost

Jun 19, 2011, 10:09 AM

FSU beat you guys too. There is one thing we have in common with FSU. We both beat you....lol.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

unlike you, I won't say we were the better team after we

Jun 19, 2011, 4:49 PM

lost to them though...

that churns my stomach and i'm not even a coot fan!***

Jun 17, 2011, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Let's talk reality. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You figure Devin Taylor is better than Bowers?

Jun 17, 2011, 8:18 AM [ in reply to That's a lot of hope on your part ]

dude...check back in when he wins the Bronco Nagurski, the hendrix award and is a unanimous first team all american.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You figure Devin Taylor is better than Bowers?

Jun 17, 2011, 12:43 PM

Taylor is good but to say that he is better than Bowers is kind of stupid

Jun 17, 2011, 1:56 PM

I won't say Devin Taylor is better, but I think you could make an argument that Devin Taylor's second year was better than Bowers' second year. Bowers had 7 more total tackles, but Devin had 5.5 more sacks and and interception returned for a touchdown. Then again Taylor did have a redshirt year but he also wasn't coming in as the #1 recruit in the country. Some guys just need an extra year to develop physically. I think by the end of next year Taylor have combined stats from 3 that are at least as good as Bowers (sacks and ints), but there's no telling if he will put up the same kind of season Bowers did in his last year. I'm certainly not counting on it.

Well, he IS a lamecock...

Jun 17, 2011, 6:16 PM [ in reply to Re: You figure Devin Taylor is better than Bowers? ]

What do you expect?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Jun 17, 2011, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Re: You figure Devin Taylor is better than Bowers? ]

The comment was made by a Gamecock aka "stupid".

Re: That's a lot of hope on your part

Jun 17, 2011, 8:20 AM [ in reply to That's a lot of hope on your part ]

"Im sure you thought Daquan Bowers was going to be a significant boost to your program that three star Devin Taylor couldn't compare to. When after a few years of playing on the field it's apparent Devin Taylor was the better player."

? Lmao

Jun 17, 2011, 8:23 AM [ in reply to That's a lot of hope on your part ]

congrats on going 9-5 and beating one good team, you really deserve to be preseason #1

At your age, there's a lot that you haven't seen.***

Jun 17, 2011, 8:46 AM [ in reply to That's a lot of hope on your part ]

OMFG. Go. Away. Why doesn't the ignore button work?***

Jun 17, 2011, 9:19 AM [ in reply to That's a lot of hope on your part ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: OMFG. Go. Away. Why doesn't the ignore button work?***

Jun 17, 2011, 4:48 PM

After ignoring someone you need to click on hide ignored users posts in the top corner so you don't have to see their nonsense.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"no reason to expect they will" ????

Jun 17, 2011, 9:26 AM [ in reply to That's a lot of hope on your part ]

Look, I agree that the proof is in the pudding. However, one look at the film of these guys and there are SEVERAL reasons to believe they will produce at the college level. Size, strength, speed, intangibles... all of those things are evident in their film.

If even half of these guys live up to their hype, Clemson will have multiple BCS bowl appearances (and possible wins) while they are on campus.

null

Oh and when was the last time you won a conf title?

Jun 17, 2011, 9:30 AM [ in reply to That's a lot of hope on your part ]

Refresh my memory again. Wasn't it like 1969 or something? So yea, comment that it's been 20 years since Clemson won a conf title. It's still a helluva lot better than 40+ years.

And Devin Taylor couldn't hold Bowers' jockstrap. Enough said on that topic.

null

don't you coots remember the trophies you received

Jun 17, 2011, 10:22 AM [ in reply to That's a lot of hope on your part ]

for recruiting in the Lou Holtz error?

Enjoy it will it lasts 09. Your "glory days" are in their twillight.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We will beat you, and you won't win more than 8.

Jun 17, 2011, 12:58 PM [ in reply to That's a lot of hope on your part ]

Your program cheats and sucks.

You haven't "arrived", so please stop fantasizing that you have.

Next question?

It's apparent that Taylor is the better player? Not to the

Jun 17, 2011, 2:31 PM [ in reply to That's a lot of hope on your part ]

people who vote for the Nagurski, Hendrix or any All American team...

20 years since we won a championship....

Jun 19, 2011, 2:41 PM [ in reply to That's a lot of hope on your part ]

And over 40 since you did

You should probably phrase it:

Jun 19, 2011, 2:46 PM

"40 years since you won your ONLY conference championship"

(but, of course, since it was in the lowly
ACC, should the chickens really count it???)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only 19 of those years were we eligible to win a conference

Jun 19, 2011, 3:05 PM [ in reply to 20 years since we won a championship.... ]

championship. So your point is moot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2011, 8:34 PM [ in reply to That's a lot of hope on your part ]

That was a joke right? About Devin Taylor being a better player? Only reason Da'quan was not a top five pick was concerns over his knee. Wow!

Jun 20, 2011, 9:44 AM [ in reply to That's a lot of hope on your part ]

Bowers was such a waste of talent...Give me a break...Bowers will still be in the NFL when Taylor is pumping gas at the local Spinx station in Columbia

Awesome, well said. They really do have to be concerned...

Jun 17, 2011, 8:11 AM

and it shows with all their little conspiracy theories about Bellamy, Kelly, and the rest. They're concerned, and they know that we're coming to collect our rent check this fall, and that this time it is way past due.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

SC signed 9 last year that CU offered CU signed 8 we offered

Jun 17, 2011, 8:18 AM

So while you are rightfully happy in your recruiting, there is no stark difference in the level of recruits between the two schools.

CU ought to worry about getting caught next year without a lot of experienced depth at OL and the fact that SC has started to build a run stopping D-line and quality and quantity at OL. Having great WRs, RBs and QBs is nice but it will not do you a bit of good without controlling the line of scrimmage.

lol all Usuc can rave about is their stellar 3 star OL & DL

Jun 17, 2011, 8:21 AM

*Yawn*

see u guys in the funny papers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SC signed 9 last year that CU offered CU signed 8 we offered

Jun 17, 2011, 8:32 AM [ in reply to SC signed 9 last year that CU offered CU signed 8 we offered ]

Brooks, Hobby and Caldwell say hello. I'm sure Vandy and Duke out recruited you on the OL and DL also.

Also I am sure you wouldn't take Sammy Watkins or Mike Bellamy and that is why you didn't offer. Or maybe you knew they were out of your league.

null

Jun 17, 2011, 1:11 PM

let me get this straight, they were out of our league because we had only 9 wins... and he committed to a school with a losing record. makes perfect sense.

It actually does make perfect sense if you throw in

Jun 17, 2011, 1:32 PM

academics, location, and the fact that usuck's about to get hit with NCAA probation

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It actually does make perfect sense if you throw in

Jun 18, 2011, 11:02 AM

If you think Carolina is going to get any sort of probation, you are as stupid as you are delusional. Wow...JUST WOW

Re: It actually does make perfect sense if you throw in

Jun 19, 2011, 10:30 AM

and just what do you think their punishment will be?on the heels of usc,osu and nc,not to mention auburn,usuc is the most likely to be made an example of.

I will give you your second point. We need to get more

Jun 17, 2011, 8:41 AM [ in reply to SC signed 9 last year that CU offered CU signed 8 we offered ]

quality linemen.

Your first point is just plain stupid. You did not offer Watkins, Anthony, or Bellamy, three of the four five star recruits we signed. So to use your argument that because we were about even on signing players the others wanted makes the recruiting classes equal is just wrong. Nice try though.

Oh please !!!!

Jun 17, 2011, 8:48 AM [ in reply to SC signed 9 last year that CU offered CU signed 8 we offered ]

The ONLY reason $CU's class even sniffed the top 20 was becasue of Clowney and the sheer number of other kids you signed. The ranking is based pretty much on quantity and not quality but I certainly don't expect you gas pumpers to acknowledge that. Doing so would require your to take your head out of your a$$.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

and another victim goes down----love this IGNORE***

Jun 17, 2011, 8:52 AM [ in reply to SC signed 9 last year that CU offered CU signed 8 we offered ]

Jun 17, 2011, 9:04 AM [ in reply to SC signed 9 last year that CU offered CU signed 8 we offered ]

This is so too funny...R U kidding me??? Get your head out of the sand - better yet go back to fgf!!!

According to Rivals there is.***

Jun 17, 2011, 9:20 AM [ in reply to SC signed 9 last year that CU offered CU signed 8 we offered ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

You must be a democrat the way you twist the facts***

Jun 17, 2011, 9:32 AM [ in reply to SC signed 9 last year that CU offered CU signed 8 we offered ]

null

That defines S Carolina during the Brad Scott years. Heavy

Jun 17, 2011, 9:39 AM [ in reply to SC signed 9 last year that CU offered CU signed 8 we offered ]

on skill position players and not a whole lot else. If CU gets caught in that trap, they may win a lot of top 10 plays on ESPN and not much else.

Actually

Jun 17, 2011, 10:05 AM

I agree with you, and I now get more excited by signing very good offensive and defensive linemen.

Football is won in the trenches.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

What positions will CU be better than SC this year? I see

Jun 17, 2011, 10:35 AM [ in reply to SC signed 9 last year that CU offered CU signed 8 we offered ]

you believe the new recruits this year are much better than what you currently have on your team. What does that say about your coaches ability to coach up the kids they recruit when HS kids are given their starting spots before they arrive on campus?

None of the HS kids have been given spots and they will

Jun 17, 2011, 3:50 PM

all have to earn PT. Was Georgia terrible at the WR position when they had AJ Green starting as a frosh? Nah. Sometimes, there are just freak HS athletes. We're pretty confident we got quite a few in this past class.

null

Jun 17, 2011, 5:06 PM [ in reply to SC signed 9 last year that CU offered CU signed 8 we offered ]

and then we offered and was accepted by how many 5-star recruits that you couldn't even think about offering.

Jun 19, 2011, 2:16 PM [ in reply to SC signed 9 last year that CU offered CU signed 8 we offered ]

that is correct, several of our fallback prospects ultimately committed to you.

Re: Gamecock fans listen up

Jun 17, 2011, 9:14 AM

While I think USC's bubble is just about to burst, I really wish Clemson fans wouldn't hang their hat on the "we out-recruited you" argument. First off, predicting wins based on recruits is sheer speculation at best. Secondly, this is *exactly the argument USC had used against Clemson* since Lou Holtz started coaching. Personally i don't give a cr*p about how highly ranked our recruiting class is, only how it's helped us at the end of November the following season; and I think it's extremely dangerous, not to mention cootish, to brag that kids who aren't even in college yet are going to whoop USC's butt for the next 4 years.

Jun 17, 2011, 12:46 PM

Well said. Sidney Rice was NOT a highly rated recruit and look at him now. He produced in college and in the NFL

Jun 17, 2011, 2:07 PM

Sidney was a good one. It's really a shame that he's had so many injury issues in the NFL.

Jun 17, 2011, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecock fans listen up ]

Glad someone on here has a little sense, highly rated recruits don't always equal success. No telling how any recruits will adapt to collge and the college game. Not saying that any of your guys won't translate, but you can't start saying "were going to kill you because our class is ranked higher than yours" rivals and other sites ratings are all subjective and coaches recruit to the team needs and players that are gonna fit their system, that doesn't always mean your gonna get the number one class every year

Jun 17, 2011, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecock fans listen up ]

Grover 173 for Post of the Year.

I remember a USC Recruiting Class that was ranked 6th in the country one season followed by the 11th best class the following year.

Four year later what was left of the class graduated with a 500 record.

Jun 18, 2011, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecock fans listen up ]

Quite honestly, bragging about winning the recruiting rankings isn't that much different than bragging about winning the NIT title. Both are mythical championships and most people only brag about them to cover the self-doubt and help themselves sleep better at night.

We shall see. I predict more of the same from both teams

Jun 17, 2011, 9:35 AM

You guys have a lot of promise, we have a lot of talent - coaching and players, and the pipeline isn't dry by any means. This recruiting class may be the start of something better for CU. But I think most would agree that CU's problems are not the result of poor recruiting. And, that HAS to concern you.

Not a bad post

Jun 17, 2011, 12:44 PM

You are right, most of our troubles have come from coaching, and I would be concerned if not for Hobby, Caldwell, Morris, Elliott, Steele, and the other experienced coaches that we have had.

This is not a ragtag coaching staff anymore. You may think that because it is a young coach, ex insurance salesman, whatever. Fact is, his assistants as a whole, are as good as anyone's in the country.

That HAS to worry you!

Not worried at all. I think Dabo's time is limited as your

Jun 17, 2011, 1:28 PM

head coach. The next coach you get may be the real deal and that will concern me...then. Honestly, if he makes it past this season I would be very surprised.

We only wish

Jun 17, 2011, 1:37 PM

your time on Tigernet was even more limited than you seem to believe our coach's time is in his job.

Here's a suggestion: why don't you be "n2usuck" on a usuck board?? You might actually discover someone who gives a crap about your opinion.

I guess because no one responds to my posts...

Jun 17, 2011, 4:08 PM

no one 'gives a crap'?

Re: I guess because no one responds to my posts...

Jun 17, 2011, 4:45 PM

because you are truly a tiger fan in denial because you were not accepted to clemson and had to settle for usuc or night school.

I PROMISE you he will make it past this season.***

Jun 17, 2011, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Not worried at all. I think Dabo's time is limited as your ]

null

Based on what?

Jun 18, 2011, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Not a bad post ]

Steele has been able to stop our offense for two years and this will be Morris' second year of coaching at the college level.

How does that equal being as good as anyone in the country?

Re: We shall see. I predict more of the same from both teams

Jun 17, 2011, 1:30 PM [ in reply to We shall see. I predict more of the same from both teams ]

Bingo, Dabo is an incredable recruiter, I can vouch for that myself. Bradley Pinion is my roommates brother, and one of the main reasons he commited to y'all was because he liked Dabo and your special teams coach (no matter how much we wanted him to go to USC)...however with all the steller classes he has been bringing in you have consistantly underachieved since he has been at Clemson, i know he is just starting to get his guys in but the last couple years should definitly be a slight worry in terms of talent vs. on field results

Re: We shall see. I predict more of the same from both teams

Jun 17, 2011, 4:46 PM

hence,morris,caldwell,hobby and elliot.any other questions.

stellar classes "he has brought in"? dabo brought in 1, last

Jun 17, 2011, 9:14 PM [ in reply to Re: We shall see. I predict more of the same from both teams ]

year's ('11) and they haven't hit the field yet.

dabo's first year we won our division. dabo's not as bad as a coach as you coots think. napier was the bad coach.

god i'm gonna love watching dabo bring our program to prominence and y'all aren't gonna know WHAT to do.

Wasn't Napier a coach who won the division in his first year

Jun 18, 2011, 10:16 AM

why did he suddenly become a bad coach?

Why are you using different standards for Dabo and Billy?

Re: Wasn't Napier a coach who won the division in his first year

Jun 18, 2011, 10:19 AM

as soon as cj and jacoby left.you'll see the same when alshon and marcus leave.

While I'm happy recruiting has started well. This type of

Jun 17, 2011, 10:19 AM

post is just sort of obnoxious. We don't need to brag about LOIs. When we beat them in November, then you can show your tail if you want. Until then, show some class.

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Sorry, Grover. What you said.***

Jun 17, 2011, 10:20 AM

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

No prob :)***

Jun 18, 2011, 7:56 PM

AGREE esso!***

Jun 17, 2011, 11:08 AM [ in reply to While I'm happy recruiting has started well. This type of ]

Agreed. I hear this every year and I used to hear this junk

Jun 17, 2011, 2:34 PM [ in reply to While I'm happy recruiting has started well. This type of ]

especially from chicken fans back in the early 2000s. Now, I'm hearing this obnoxiousness from Clemson people. That does not sit well. I get the excitement, but please, let's not start with the bragging until the results are seen on the field - ie, actual wins.

Jun 17, 2011, 10:20 AM

No concern at all. Last year SC loaded up on elite linemen who were rated 4 stars or better by every recruiting service. Not just one; not two; not three but, every recruiting service. As everyone knows, games are won at the line of scrimmage. And Carolina is landing players it wants. And that includes Brock Stadnik, another national elite lineman rated 4 stars or better by EVERY recruiting service including ESPN which ranks him the number 59 player in the entire nation. Replacing Garcia will be Conner Shaw. Conner is more talented than Garcia; just not as experienced. As a TRUE freshman last season, Shaw completed 69.7% of his passes, rushed for 5.2 yards per carry and had a QB rating of 124.3 Now compare Shaw to Tajh Boyd as a REDSHIRT freshman. Boyd completed 52.4% of his passes, ran for 1.4 yards per carry and had a QB rating of 107.7. And Boyd, in the VERY important QB position, is who clemson is depending on for the next 3 seasons. Yes losing Jefferies should he decide to turn pro will hurt. But Carolina has very good depth at the WR position. Lamar Scruggs and Ace Sanders are former former 4 star receivers. Damiere Byrd is coming in as well. He is a former 4 star wide receiver. And Byrd has run the fastest electronicall timed 40 yard dash ever at the Nike camp. If Alshon's brother qualifies, he adds another 4 star receiver to the group. At the Shrine Bowl last year, Mike Farrel of Rivals wrote that Shamier performed better than any other Shriner among the South carolina team, which included Charone Peake. Farrell said that Jeffery was the best deep threat among that South Carolina group. The coach who coached both Jefferys' in high school says that Shamier is better and faster than Alshon. If Shamier does not qualify, he will go to prep school for a year and enter Carolina next year in time to replace Alshon. And don't forget Andre's cousin Bruce Ellington, who finshed 2nd to Marcus Lattimore for South Carolina player of the year in high school. And who knows? Carolina might get a commitment from national elite and 5 star wide receiver prospect, Shaq Roland. Regardless, everybody loses players. clemson might lose Andre Ellington and Dwight Allen early to the NFL. clemson definitely will lose most of their starting lines. 7 of clemson's starting 9 interior linemen are seniors. Again, games are won at the line of scrimmage.

Another reason that there is no concern is that, unlike Steve Spurrier, Dabo Swinney cannot coach. Eventually all coaches leave. But Eric Hyman has done a great job in the past in identifying football Head Coach talent. After all, he did make TCU's Gary Patterson the Head Coach there. And besides, who knows, maybe Urban Meyer will be ready to get back into coaching when Spurrier eventually retires. Spurrier has never liked to recruit. Florida fans constantly complained about his recruiting. But he knows how to coach, as his championships prove. Even though Spurrier does not like to recruit, he took advantage of last years SEC East title to sign the number 10 recruiting class in the nation, according to Scout. You said Carolina has had a "2 year run". Actually it's one year since Carolina won the SEC East last season. Recruiting is a marathon, not a sprint. Carolina got off to a much, much slower start last year but, still finsided with the number 10 recruiting class in the nation. Carolina is in on a lot of elite players in addition to Shaq Roland.

We at Carolina are confident that Dabo will continue to show he is over his head as a Head Coach and will continue to underachieve.

I don't expect you to agree with anything I wrote above because you are, after all, a clemson fan.

shamier jeffery was 3 star to go along with the rest of last

Jun 17, 2011, 11:15 AM

year's consensus 30+ 3 star signees ya'll had.

we have plenty of quality OL & DL that we're signing too :) just check last year's list & this year's recruiting list once feb comes around too

the difference between us & ya'll is we will have the skill positions AS WELL to get the job done, ya'll wont :)

coots hate that we're recruiting studs. i LOVE it :)

Shamier Jeffery was listed as a 4 star by ESPN and by 247.

Jun 17, 2011, 12:26 PM

We have lots of quality players signed at the skill positions. In fact we have more 4 star skill recruits than clemson has 4 star interior OL and DL line recruits since Swinney took over. I'm referring to those signeed and still playing and those to be signed. Based on Rivals rankings, SC has 11 skill recruits 4 stars or better while clemson has 5 OL/DL 4 star or better recruits.

I thought about reading your post until I saw that you

Jun 17, 2011, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecock fans listen up ]

compared Shaw's stats to Boyd's. Shaw had 33 total pass attempts. In those 33 he had 2 ints. That is an int every 16.5 passes. Twice as many ints than TDs. TB on the other hand had more TDs than ints in his limited playing time.

Also, I saw Shaw play. Most of those completions were easy, one read type of plays. Once he got flushed, INT CITY!

We will see how Shaw and Boyd do.

Jun 17, 2011, 1:49 PM

But Boyd in the Spring games and in action last year did not look good and was a turnover machine. He didn't run well and had poor accuracy passing the ball. He was unable to lead clemson to a score against Carolina in one half, even though Ellis Johnson went vanilla on defense for most of the 2nd half. He was not able to lead clemson to a score against South Florida in the 3rd quarter and part of the 4th, until South Florida went into a prevent defense.He came into clemson with a reputation of not being good regarding reading defenses and making poor decisions. And he came into Clemson with a damaged knee. And now he will attempt to learn and run a Spread offense, making him more vulnerable to injury. We will see.

Turnover machine? Have you seen Shaw? Auburn says Hi...***

Jun 17, 2011, 2:33 PM

We are not counting on Shaw this year. Tajh Boyd says "Hi".*

Jun 18, 2011, 8:48 AM

Re: We will see how Shaw and Boyd do.

Jun 19, 2011, 8:48 PM [ in reply to We will see how Shaw and Boyd do. ]

Went vanilla lol just like spurrier eased off on offense

Jun 17, 2011, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecock fans listen up ]

I'm a USC fan but I want to call you a coot. It's JEFFERY. Not Jefferies.

It will be great if Shamier can come in and have the same kind of freshman year that Alshon did, but I'm not counting on it. I wouldn't say it's impossible either though, especially with his brother hogging all the attention from the DBs.

Delusional***

Jun 19, 2011, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecock fans listen up ]

Jun 17, 2011, 10:28 AM

according to Scout we did beat you in recruiting. You got some good linebackers and a WR. That is not going to beat us in the long run. We added to a great base and you added to ...well a 6-7 team. This will not pan out in one year and in one service we beat you and none had us very far apart. You take what you have to mix with this class and we are better by far. You can hope....but it's just that. Dabo has another year like last year and all this will go down the drain anyway. Rich Rod's reputation took a beating at Michigan so kids aren't going to line up to go to Clemson even if you get him.

Jun 17, 2011, 11:33 AM

Since when is 7-5 a "great" base, as you put it? Oh right, I forgot. You're a coot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

LOL!!!!

Jun 17, 2011, 12:53 PM

When you are used to 4-7, 5-7 is awesome!

His post kinda shows where their program is.

Re: LOL!!!!

Jun 17, 2011, 6:34 PM

Lets see 9-5 in the SEC winners of the East. You are winners of 6 loser of 7.... acc door mat.

Re: LOL!!!!

Jun 18, 2011, 8:07 PM

Let's see...9-5 in what was, in no exaggeration, the weakest division (east or west) since USC joined the SEC. It wasn't just weak, it was SHOCKINGLY weak. Even a perennial SEC doormat could have won that division with a little luck....oh wait, that IS what happened. So enjoy your division title just like we enjoyed ours the year before, but don't let your egos get puffed up too much with delusions of grandeur.

Jun 17, 2011, 6:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecock fans listen up ]

You guys lost 6....we won 9. Get your facts straight. The SEC vs acc come on dude.

Jun 20, 2011, 9:47 AM

And you did lose your bowl game (and your running back some teeth) to.....an ACC team. So your point is....what, exactly?

Screw Calford.

This post did give me 4 more posters to ignore

Jun 17, 2011, 12:55 PM

Suweeet!

Man, fgf is in full meltdown mode over our recruits

Jun 17, 2011, 1:40 PM

Love. It.

Jun 17, 2011, 2:19 PM

You do realize that this happens every year right? Clemson jumps out of the gate with a ton of commitments early on and we have them trickle in throughout the season, and are waiting on a lot of them down to the last minute.

Jun 17, 2011, 4:23 PM

tony steward says hi.

Jun 17, 2011, 6:04 PM

Well please send him my regards.

I'm not really sure what point you're trying to prove. I didn't follow his recruitment so the only thing I can think is that maybe you're saying Clemson has guys commit at the last minute too? But seeing as how I wasn't trying to say that Clemson never has anyone commit at the end that wouldn't really make any sense.

Clemson get's more commits early on than USC does. Always. Since our classes are the same size as yalls or bigger that would mean we get more commits at the end or trickling in during the season.

I would rather have "scoreboard" than "next year."***

Jun 17, 2011, 4:54 PM

Gotta hate the frikkin coots

Jun 17, 2011, 7:29 PM

God! I am getting so tired of hearing this... "Great time to be a Gamecock!" Thank God it is ALWAYS a great time to be a CLEMSON TIGER!

http://eyeofdatiger.blogspot.com

Jun 17, 2011, 7:38 PM

Classy post and I myself do seem to see Spurrier a little bit arrogant and above everyone else but you look at the years Spurrier has been here on recruiting rankings:
2005- Clemson (#17) Carolina (#23)
2006- Clemson (#16) Carolina (#24)
2007- Clemson (#16) Carolina (#6)
2008- Clemson (#12) Carolina (#22)
2009- Clemson (#37) Carolina (#12)
2010- Clemson (#19) Carolina (#24)
2011- Clemson (#8) Carolina (#18)
Clemson has in most years always brought in better classes then us unless we have a great year but I think I look at where we get players that have a bit more raw potential then say immediate impact as Clemson does. Most stars are based on immediate impact. I am not trying to bash Swinney because Clemson has assembled a good staff and they got the talent to turn Clemson into a ACC powerhouse but if Swinney could coach the game and develop talent half as good as Spurrier y'all would be consistently better then just about everyone in the ACC besides VT or FSU. How good is Clemson honestly going to be in the next few years is my question? I hope I get a real honest answer,

Jun 18, 2011, 5:09 AM

what qb has sos developed.you need to remind me, i seem to have forgotten any names.a couple wr's and a couple rb's and that is about it.how many years has he been a hc?don't bring up developement of players and sos in the same post,makes no sense.

Jun 19, 2011, 10:14 AM

He didn't develop that QB you had last year that was better than most players in the NFL.....Parker was it ? Swinney cost him millions by talking that junk and then not only was he not as good as the NFL QB's. He wasn't even the best QB in your last game at Death Valley.

Jun 19, 2011, 8:57 PM

Three cracked ribs will do that to a guy.

Jun 19, 2011, 9:28 PM

Whatever.

Nope. Doesn't concern me at all.

Jun 19, 2011, 11:57 PM

Yall's recruiting classes under Swinney reminds me of ours under Scott.

Your Character is what you do when no one is watching.

Jun 20, 2011, 10:10 AM

Geez, posts like this just burn my butt, don't know why I'm reading or responding. First off, we are now relegating ourselves to a "wait till next year or year after" attitude. We're blowing off a coach that has taken programs and built them into national powerhouses and it seems like he has taken the cream of all cellar dweller programs and turned it around winning the SEC east last year (and don't give me that crap about SECleast), I don't buy it. Their program is on the rise and we're sinking to the bottom of the well. What accomplishments do our coaches have, NONE. Until our administration wakes up and gets an accomplished coach in here, we will continue status quo. Yeah we got a 5 Star WR from a Class A Florida program, and other 5 star athletes out of Florida over Florida, Miami and FSU. I'm starting to worry a little about that!!! Go ahead flame away but I don't believe our current coaching staff in no way will turn our program around. We will be lucky to win 5 games this coming season. Time for a Tiger fans to be realistic and WAKE UP.

Replies: 101
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic