Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
MAKE the CHANGE before next season ... just DO it!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

MAKE the CHANGE before next season ... just DO it!

Feb 9, 2011, 8:49 AM

MOVE THE TEAM BENCHES to the opposite side of the floor and put press row where the teams sit now.

Then devote the ENTIRE LOWER SECTION behind press row to a set of risers (no seats) where everyone stands up and yells for the entire game.

THIS is how Duke gets the reputation as having the best crowd in college basketball.

The rest of Cameron could be empty, but the TV camera only sees the "crazies" and the "crazies" know it.

I realize that a radical shift like this for Clemson is going to upset some of the "money" people, but it will make for a much better atmosphere in Littlejohn and it will help us win games.

Just do it.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would gladly take worse season tickets if it ment....

Feb 9, 2011, 8:55 AM

Being a basketball season ticket holder, I would gladly take worse seating if it ment that students would show up and create a great gameday atmosphere.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would gladly take worse season tickets if it ment....

Feb 9, 2011, 9:03 AM

Exactly, and the thing is, that it doesn't even take all that many students to accomplish it.

Probably no more than 1,500 Duke students placed down on the floor give the impression that Cameron is ALWAYS rocking! Those are the "crazies".

We could always use a lot more student attendance in general, but getting those who DO come regularly in the right place on the sidlelines is the biggest thing.

I concur. At the game last night . . .

Feb 9, 2011, 8:56 AM

and it would make a tremendous difference.

When Tates Locke was here, we had The Rabble Rousers...

Feb 9, 2011, 9:04 AM

located in bleachers on the floor.
Great times! Very intimidating.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Rabble Rousers era was great. We should have learned.

Feb 9, 2011, 9:39 AM

nm

Re: When Tates Locke was here, we had The Rabble Rousers...

Feb 9, 2011, 9:46 AM [ in reply to When Tates Locke was here, we had The Rabble Rousers... ]

Exceedingly great times. 74-75 was a blast.

Re: When Tates Locke was here, we had The Rabble Rousers...

Feb 9, 2011, 9:55 AM [ in reply to When Tates Locke was here, we had The Rabble Rousers... ]

and we were put on probation

Re: Tates Locke and The Rabble Rousers...

Feb 9, 2011, 11:21 AM

Probation yes, but not because of student seating arrangement.

Had a little more to do with out-recruiting UNC and Duke and then beating them on the court in 1974-75 with players of a cailber that Clemson had never ever seen before or since.

We don't need to cheat at recruiting now, but we absolutely do need to take advantage of every possible opportunity to make LJ a tougher place for opponents to play.

Get 1,500-2,000 Rabble Rousers back on the floor where they belong behind press row!

Sorry Apex...too many rabbit punching opportunities....***

Feb 9, 2011, 9:13 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I challenge him to prove that allegation.***

Feb 9, 2011, 9:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I challenge him to prove that allegation.***

Feb 9, 2011, 9:49 AM

I agree. I think that was a bull!@#$ claim. Ever read Pat Conroy's book "My Losing Season"? He plyed hoops for The Citadel and he recalls student's being able to smoke in Fike, where the games were played. Anyone unfortunate enough to end up in the student section, generally came away with cig burns by his recounting.

Re: I challenge him to prove that allegation.***

Feb 9, 2011, 2:46 PM

When I was at Clemson (1962-fall of 66) you couldn't smoke in Fike but if you were on front row, you had to pick up your feet to let the player take the ball out of bounds.
Remember playing Wake Forest once when Bones was coach. Our point Guard, Buddy Benidict tried to make a steal and ended up on floor. The Wake guard kicked at his head. Then looked around to find himself surrounded on the court by the football team. Lou Bello was one of the refs, and did a great job in getting the Clemson students back in stands. I thought Gene Willoman was going to have a stroke right there.
Now I think Fike had more "atmosphere" than Cameron does. It would hold maybe 2500 and only students were there usually.

I must have missed this. What allegation??

Feb 9, 2011, 9:51 AM [ in reply to I challenge him to prove that allegation.*** ]

nm

Barry said when playing for GTech...

Feb 9, 2011, 10:00 AM

...he was punched by students in Littlejohn.

If he had played at Fike, I might believe it.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In Pat Conroy's book "My Losing Season", he wrote how

Feb 9, 2011, 10:04 AM

Clemson fans at Fike would burn the back of opposing player legs with cigarettes as they were throwing the ball in bounds.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pat Conroy writes very good FICTION!

Feb 9, 2011, 11:17 AM

And like most good fiction writers, he's not above a little exaggeration and perhaps the occasional out-and-out lie.

one of the Barry's last night said when he played at

Feb 9, 2011, 10:02 AM [ in reply to I must have missed this. What allegation?? ]

Clemson he fell into the student seats under the basket and was "rabbit punched" by several fans.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of the Berry brothers claimed.....

Feb 9, 2011, 10:03 AM [ in reply to I must have missed this. What allegation?? ]

that when playing in Littlejohn, Clemson students sitting behind the baskets punched him when he was forced out-of-bounds after attempting a layup.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I seriously doubt he knows what a real rabbit

Feb 9, 2011, 6:42 PM

punch is....much less did he take one.

Had he gotten a good rabbit punch...he'd have not finished the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: Make the change before next season ... just do it.

Feb 9, 2011, 9:33 AM

I agree fully.

Re: Make the change before next season ... just do it.

Feb 9, 2011, 9:36 AM

Does no one want to sit next to TDP? It looked like he was alone all night.

He smelles funny.***

Feb 9, 2011, 11:32 AM

Clemson missed the boat when they remodeled LJ

Feb 9, 2011, 11:41 AM

If they had converted the TOP 4 or 5 rows all the way around the lower arena to some sort of "club seating" area (translated - wider seats and a little more leg room) most big money donors would have been happy to sit in them. A small section of risers could have remained on the side of the floor opposite the team bench for those who insisted on floor level seating as well as a two row buffer directly behind the teams for VIP/team guest seating. Fill the rest of the area with screaming students and we're looking good.

Maybe they'll get it right when we build the Brownell Center, eh?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson missed the boat when they remodeled LJ

Feb 9, 2011, 11:44 AM

Exactly! Just like we turned the WEZ ... formerly the worst seats in the entire stadium .. into a "premium" donor area, a little bit of creativity and imagination in redesigning LJ could make big money people want to get up off the floor and up into the "good seats" ...

Fantastic idea.***

Feb 9, 2011, 11:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic