Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coach Morris is ours now, time for all true Clemson fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Coach Morris is ours now, time for all true Clemson fans

Jan 9, 2011, 11:19 AM

to get their priorities in order, put their fragile egos on the shelf, let go of the need to be right and desire to say "I told you so", and welcome him into our family and support him going forward by giving him a chance without vigilant criticism and constant negativity.

Let's show him what a special place Clemson really is.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Coach Morris is ours now, time for all true Clemson fans

Jan 9, 2011, 11:21 AM

So supporting the Morris hire has become part of the criteria to be a "true" Clemson fan along with supporting Dabo and Napier. Lol

You pumpers cute.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhhh no.***

Jan 9, 2011, 11:37 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jan 9, 2011, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach Morris is ours now, time for all true Clemson fans ]

We have the first "pumper hunt" of the day. haha

"Lighten up, Francis." -Sgt. Hulka

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

It will only be counterproductive to Clemson football if you

Jan 9, 2011, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach Morris is ours now, time for all true Clemson fans ]

are anything but supportive of Morris. Why would you not be supportive? He is our OC for at least one year! Give him a chance to succeed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Jan 9, 2011, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach Morris is ours now, time for all true Clemson fans ]

You don't know ####### #### about football do you?

Re: Dude is right. Morris deserves a fair shot.

Jan 9, 2011, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach Morris is ours now, time for all true Clemson fans ]

It took Steele a year. Morris deserves no less.

Well, complaining about everything every second of every

Jan 9, 2011, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach Morris is ours now, time for all true Clemson fans ]

day doesn't make you a true fan. It makes you a real pain in the rear and a constant whiner who is only here to make trouble. Thanks for supporting the school of which you claim to be a fan. Doubtful at best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't we at least give him the benefit of the doubt? Let ...

Jan 9, 2011, 11:37 AM

the man show what he can do. He has had no part of the last 12 years. Clemson fans need to give him a warm welcome.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can't we at least give him the benefit of the doubt? Let ...

Jan 9, 2011, 11:40 AM

I think people are more dissing DAT-BOY than they are Morris.

No one here should be really impressed with DAT-BOY why should we??

DAT-BOY has not made many good moves since he took over.

Jan 9, 2011, 12:00 PM

Oh, I completely disagree with that. The only staffing move I ever disagreed with Napier. I didn't think he was ready, and he wasn't. On the field the team hasn't been wide open enough, but that was likely because of their differing philosophies. Look at the recruits. Look at the staff. Give Dabo a break and let him show us if he can develop players or not. That will be really key.

Jan 9, 2011, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Can't we at least give him the benefit of the doubt? Let ... ]

Steele, Harbison, Hobby, Morris, current recruiting class and personally recruiting probably the best offensive player in Clemson history. Go dig a hole and insert head; you'ld probably get along better with the moles and the worms. You seem to have failure as an agenda.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely. I would hope every Clemson fan

Jan 9, 2011, 11:40 AM

would support him until he gives you a reason to do otherwise.

What else can you do? Hope he fails because he's not the guy you wanted? That would be pretty pathetic.

Re: Absolutely. I would hope every Clemson fan

Jan 9, 2011, 12:04 PM

Exactly. "I told you" agenda.

I'm cautiously optimistic.***

Jan 9, 2011, 11:41 AM

Jan 9, 2011, 11:48 AM

True Clemson fans,imo,have their priorities in order,and that is to see this program return to a state of respectibility.They do not view this program thru orange colored glasses,and don't post unrealistic expectations like having an undefeated National Championship year,(especially after comig off it's first losing season since 1998).
Egos;I don't think we have egos.Cam Newton ,now he has an ego.But we do have the right(especially if we are IPTAY donors or season ticket holders) to expect more out of this program then what we saw this past year.Losing is onething,but self destructing on offense is a total different story.
Now,do I expect Morris to turn things around in one season.No,that would be unrealistic.But I do expect to see better results in terms of play calling,and execution.Get beat by a better team,and no one should critize a coach ,or the team.Beat yourself with turnovers,mental errors,penalities,lackidasical play,poor play calling,and so on and a coach,(and to some degree players) should be criticized.
Clemson is a special place.However it has become ,in some places,the laughing stock of college football,and the ACC,and that needs to change.And part of that change is for all true Clemson fans to realize that we are not yet a force to be reckoned with ,not even in a weak ACC conference.

I'm sure any coach knows there's going to be detractors

Jan 9, 2011, 12:05 PM

wherever they go and whatever they do. It's the nature of the profession. I'm sure he'll get a warm reception overall if the hire pans out to be authentic.

Once the die is cast though it is pretty tiresome to sort through the woulda coulda shoulda crowd on a daily basis. Some people I guess just need to rant in order to feel better. I seriously doubt that will ever stop.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has he been warned about the harsh

Jan 9, 2011, 12:08 PM

winter weather in 'em parts of SC.

Well Said....its time for the Dumpers to give it a rest***

Jan 9, 2011, 10:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's the happiest guy in the world....

Jan 9, 2011, 10:36 PM

he knows we have fans that approve/support of losing records and adm that will hire a guy with no experience

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's the Clemson way, isn't it?***

Jan 9, 2011, 10:42 PM

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic