Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I went through good and bad years with Coach Howard,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1,625

I went through good and bad years with Coach Howard,

Jan 1, 2011, 11:13 AM

Hootie, Red, Pell, Danny, Hatfield, Tommy, Tommy, and Dabo. I wiil not abandon those young men who have chosen to cast their lot with my Tigers. I will rejoice when they win and ache when they lose. I might not always agree with the powers that be, but I will always give my full support to our players. So if you are willing to pull out because you don't like the coach, AD, or the president, then go somewhere else...now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I went through good and bad years with Coach Howard,

Jan 1, 2011, 11:16 AM

No one is giving up on our players. The frustration lies in the fact that their talent is not being utilized in a productive fashion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

turning a blind eye when change is needed does

Jan 1, 2011, 11:26 AM

more harm to the university than fighting for pawsitive changes to be made.

sometimes a leader needs to be replaced - not blindly supported. leaders like barker and dufus tdp have had their chance (over 10 years) to get our athletics right and they HAVE NOT SUCCEEDED.

Be careful what you wish for. Schools need those fans.***

Jan 1, 2011, 11:20 AM

Good for you

Jan 1, 2011, 11:21 AM

Want a cookie? If thats the case then you should know what commitment looks like and this is not it.

Jan 1, 2011, 11:30 AM

AMEN

Second this!!!!!!!!

Jan 1, 2011, 11:39 AM

Since 1958, when I attended my first game as a 6 year old, thru Hottie, et al, I have supported my team, and will until they lay me away.

I may not always agree, but will always support. Keep in mind.......many of these kids could have gone somewhere else. They deserve support for the time they put in each day to try and be successful.

I will give Dabo another year to prove to me he has the balls to make the necessary staff changes and see some process with young talent.

If not, we need to ante up and get a good head coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The kids deserve better than what they have in coaches!***

Jan 1, 2011, 11:57 AM

Re: Second this!!!!!!!!

Jan 1, 2011, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Second this!!!!!!!! ]

I saw my first Tiger game a few years earlier than you {Howard was coach) and feel much the same as you do. Yesterday I stated that Dabo should be fired because he was so controversial. I'm now thinking that maybe your proposed solution is OK. I'll keep my faith in Tiger football rather than curse the Clemson administration. They run a pretty dern good institution that I'll always love.

You are so right. I am with you.***

Jan 1, 2011, 11:42 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach Howard wasva great coach

Jan 1, 2011, 11:44 AM

With little to work with. He laid the foundation. Dabo himself admitted that he had the players. The difference is competence.

If you want this program destroyed, then by all means have this attitude. Demanding excellence and not incompetence is what people who truly love Clemson should do.

100% Clemson for me

Jan 1, 2011, 11:54 AM

but I don't like the present coach ad or pres coincidentally. I love CU and pull for them always inspite of not because of these folks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2011, 11:58 AM

People wanted to fire Frank Howard in 1947, then Clemson went undefeated in 1948.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2011, 9:37 AM

Coach Howard was just over a 500% for his lifetime ! I don't like whats happening now but we were East Champs last Year & look at what we lost from the team !We were SO close to winning about 3- more games this year but the ball didn't go our way. Let's give Dabo the time he deserves to get it Right ! He is a Great individual & I think he BLEEDS ORANGE.Go Tigers

If only the people running the thing had this commitment!***

Jan 1, 2011, 12:04 PM

Jan 1, 2011, 12:09 PM

I remember a quote by Coach Howard that went like this
"I retired for health reasons, the fans were sick and tired of me".

Not ever pulling out....it was put into me as a young boy

Jan 1, 2011, 12:45 PM

and the love of Clemson will never leave me...but this garbage needs to end. Over our last 30 games against BCS teams...we have won exactly 15 of them. Thats pathetic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your unconditional support is why we suck***

Jan 1, 2011, 1:05 PM

Jan 1, 2011, 1:45 PM

> Hootie, Red, Pell, Danny, Hatfield, Tommy, Tommy, and
> Dabo. I wiil not abandon those young men who have
> chosen to cast their lot with my Tigers. I will
> rejoice when they win and ache when they lose. I
> might not always agree with the powers that be, but I
> will always give my full support to our players. So
> if you are willing to pull out because you don't like
> the coach, AD, or the president, then go somewhere
> else...now.

how is blindly supporting an administration and coaching staff that cares nothing about success supporting the players? no one doesn't support the players on this board- they just hate the fact that these highly recruited kids get absolutely no beneficial coaching to help them get the most out of their talent. how does this help them? this is ruining talented players with inexperienced coaching. this is stealing money from hard working people through lies and misdirection. i am beginning to think that the whole outlook of clemson university for the last 20 years has been morally reprehensible. they are thieves

Jan 2, 2011, 9:45 AM

Good thing your not a COOT Fan ? Their pathetic Let's look at their season , 3 of their wins were against "nobodies" so that gives them a 6-5 record against teams that they shoud be playing. The only thing they can hang their hat on is beating US two years in a row ! GO TIGERS

People like you are the reason we suck and will continue to***

Jan 1, 2011, 2:22 PM

He's calling the plays?***

Jan 1, 2011, 2:24 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

^^^^Part of the problem...

Jan 1, 2011, 2:31 PM

Stick it, you sanctimonious pr___k.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree with you in theory but:

Jan 1, 2011, 3:01 PM

not in practice. Problem is it isnt 1960 anymore and IPTAY and cu doesnt treat us, fans, the same....we cannot have blind loyalty...we must demand more now while the heat is on....cannot let up now and ALL THEY UNDERSTAND IS MONEY, MONEY, MONEY,,,,,,

I AGREE WITH YOU 100 PERCENT.***

Jan 1, 2011, 3:04 PM

Replies: 24
| visibility 1,625
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic