Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It’s amazing how many of you are so dismissive about us winning 11 games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 51

It’s amazing how many of you are so dismissive about us winning 11 games

Feb 24, 2023, 2:14 PM

this season.

This marks just the 11th time we have won 11 games in a football season. Dabo has 8 of those.

In case you’re wondering, the others are:

Ford 1
Howard 1
*The 11th 11 win season was 1978 with Pell at 10-1 and Ford at 1-0.

Obviously winning 11 games isn’t the be all, end all, but it is certainly an accomplishment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I see what you did there!***

Feb 24, 2023, 2:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I see what you did there!***

Feb 25, 2023, 5:44 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Francis Marion off the top rope

Feb 24, 2023, 2:33 PM

Judge Keller down for the count.

Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

JKaren be all like...

Feb 24, 2023, 8:03 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: It’s amazing how many of you are so dismissive about us winning 11 games

Feb 24, 2023, 2:35 PM

10+ wins should be expected given our talent level compared to the rest of the conference. Half of the teams on our conference barely have any 4 star recruits on their roster.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2023, 2:36 PM

Losing to 3 inferior teams though... that's unacceptable.

Sorry but Dabo has never lost to a quad 4 team.

Feb 24, 2023, 2:40 PM

Go Tigers!

Re: Sorry but Dabo has never lost to a quad 4 team.

Feb 24, 2023, 7:46 PM

You’re confusing me with Judge Keller

Are you referring to...

Feb 24, 2023, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Re: It’s amazing how many of you are so dismissive about us winning 11 games ]

SCofU, Loyola Chicago and Louisville? I would like to keep this football related.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Are you referring to...

Feb 24, 2023, 6:09 PM

Citadel?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you referring to...

Feb 24, 2023, 7:46 PM [ in reply to Are you referring to... ]

Then why did you bring basketball into this?

Feb 24, 2023, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Re: It’s amazing how many of you are so dismissive about us winning 11 games ]

You all are going to cry when Dabo leaves. And it's gonna happen one day. He's spent 2 years now complaining about spoiled "fans" being toxic online.

Like Dabo says, you all need to be thankful for these years. We'll be back to 6-6, quick.

Feb 24, 2023, 7:47 PM

Of course. We will all miss Dabo. Winning 11 games with the talent we have now isn’t the same as it was back in 2012. We are so much more talented now compared to then. The rest of the conference is still bad.

Feb 24, 2023, 8:13 PM [ in reply to Re: It’s amazing how many of you are so dismissive about us winning 11 games ]

Leon, that’s why there was a change made at Offensive Coordinator. You’re nowhere near as smart as you think you are.

bowlhunter on Dabo Swinney: “His only problem is he has to deal with turd Keller questioning every move he makes.”

Feb 24, 2023, 10:18 PM

I disagree. I am smarter than I think I am.

Feb 25, 2023, 1:34 AM [ in reply to Re: It’s amazing how many of you are so dismissive about us winning 11 games ]

So I guess Dabo was dismissive about the 11 wins as well, enough to make a change. Btw, we play an extra regular season game now and another if we make it to the ACC championship game thus increasing the odds of reaching 11 wins-—

the funny this is, Judge Keller is in fact one of the

Feb 24, 2023, 2:42 PM

people who does dismiss the football team's accomplishments.

I haven’t dismissed our football team’s accomplishments at all.

Feb 24, 2023, 2:53 PM

I’ve said many times that winning 10 games is an accomplishment, and one that many other teams would love to have.

But viewed in context of our resources, talent, and support we have for football at Clemson, we should probably have achieved more than that.

After all, we were expected to be a playoff team last year. We padded our win total against programs that don’t have the football support, resources, facilities, or talent we have. Sadly, we underachieved.

We don’t have those things in basketball, so our 20 wins is a more significant accomplishment.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I haven’t dismissed our football team’s accomplishments at all.

Feb 24, 2023, 3:07 PM

The combined ACC W/L record of our conference opponents played Y-T-D is only 128-164. Our conference schedule as a whole is currently 155-189. This has been a weak conference schedule and we lucked out playing Pitt, Duke, Miami, UVA, and UNCheat only once.

Talk about padding our win total

bowlhunter on Dabo Swinney: “His only problem is he has to deal with turd Keller questioning every move he makes.”

She NEVER replies to these types of facts, and she

Feb 24, 2023, 3:41 PM

likely put you on ignore so she doesn't have to deal with reality.

Feb 24, 2023, 3:18 PM [ in reply to I haven’t dismissed our football team’s accomplishments at all. ]

Actually, programs with far more resources and dollars than Clemson have not experienced the same success during the past decade-plus. They may put together little runs here and there but few can match what we have done in the Dabo era. In fact, little ole Clemson has over-achieved compared to most of the traditional programs that outspend us every year. Go down the list, Michigan, ND, USC, LSU, GA, A&M, OK, and none of them even come close over the last 11 years. It has been pretty much us and ALA over the last decade in terms of year-in and year-out consistency.

So, if money and resources are all it takes, there should be a lot more programs ahead of us over the last 11 years and the reality is, there aren't.

Exactly! We have an avg ranking of 76th in 13 years,

Feb 24, 2023, 3:37 PM

and not even Ms. Keller can possibly believe all 75 teams ahead of us have better fans and facilities.

She's nuts.

What’s our record against those teams over the last 10 years?

Feb 24, 2023, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Re: I haven’t dismissed our football team’s accomplishments at all. ]

Georgia 1-2
Notre Dame 3-2
LSU 0-1
Oklahoma 2-0
Texas A&M 1-0

It’s 7-5. Not bad, but not great either, especially since those teams haven’t been elite on any consistent basis recently except Georgia.

I also disagree that all of these schools have more resources and dollars than we do. How many have better facilities than we do? How many pay their coaches more than we do?

Answer: zero.

And the ultimate point isn’t that funding is all that matters. It isn’t a guarantee of success, but it does seem to be necessary for success - especially consistent success.

Clemson basketball doesn’t have that, so our fans being mad about being fourth in the ACC and winning 20 games when we play ACC teams that have more advantages than we do is ridiculous.

Finally, going back ten years to talk about football is a weak argument since the last two years we have finished outside the top 10 with zero playoff appearances. We’ve underachieved in the most recent seasons that currently matter most.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: What’s our record against those teams over the last 10 years?

Feb 24, 2023, 8:20 PM

1 of the games against ND was in the playoffs and 1 was in the ACC Championship. 1 against Oklahoma was in the playoffs and LSU had the best offense in college football history. 2 of the 3 games against UGA they wasn’t a playoff contender. Your basketball knowledge is bad but your football knowledge is 100 times worse.

You're nuts. Even in the midst of our "slide",

Feb 24, 2023, 3:35 PM [ in reply to I haven’t dismissed our football team’s accomplishments at all. ]

Clemson football remains the 4th winningest P5 team of the last 3 years.

Bradsketball on the other hand?

2022-23: 76th (with 20+ wins!)
2021-22: 81st
2020-21: 45th

Let me know if you'd like the other 10 years. Note: TWO TOP-40 finishes, in 13 years.

Get outta here with your absurd comparisons. Brad has EVERYTHING he needs to win, except the skill to do so.

Feb 24, 2023, 6:14 PM [ in reply to I haven’t dismissed our football team’s accomplishments at all. ]

Well, the football team didn't lose to Furman or La Tech.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2023, 9:39 AM [ in reply to I haven’t dismissed our football team’s accomplishments at all. ]

Brad’s salary has tripled since he started at Clemson. So we do have the same support.

I am not calling for his dismissal. Never have. Just tired of hearing you make excuses and bash the support for our football team when in reality the basketball team is supported in the same relative manner.

And it still wasn’t enough to get us into the playoffs.***

Feb 24, 2023, 2:45 PM

^Can’t make a playoff of 68^

Feb 24, 2023, 2:48 PM

Complains about Dabo not making a playoff of 4. Wow.

especially considering we are in a awkward time

Feb 24, 2023, 2:45 PM

when normally weaker programs like South Carolina and Notre Dame have rosters full of 6th year players due to COVID rules.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: especially considering we are in a awkward time

Feb 25, 2023, 5:50 AM

Don't forget UGA's 25-year-old QB.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

FM WIT DA MIC DROP!!!!!!!!***

Feb 24, 2023, 3:22 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please don't encourage her***

Feb 24, 2023, 3:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Why not?....***

Feb 24, 2023, 3:26 PM

Because it encourages her.

Feb 24, 2023, 8:01 PM

HTH

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Feb 24, 2023, 4:22 PM

Thank you for mocking JK. I usually don't care, but I'm just sick and tired him trying to stir the pot with all his negative comments.
I've never ignored anyone, but he may be the 1st.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

I’m not the one being negative about our basketball team.

Feb 24, 2023, 7:02 PM

I’m proud of the season we are having.

Those being negative are the ones who can’t seem to appreciate the records we are setting this season because they are so determined to get Brownell fired.

Re: I’m not the one being negative about our basketball team.

Feb 24, 2023, 8:48 PM

Grow up...

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Excuse me?***

Feb 24, 2023, 8:56 PM

Brown-L seems determined to get himself fired with….

Feb 25, 2023, 6:58 AM [ in reply to I’m not the one being negative about our basketball team. ]

Losses to Loyola, SCAR, and Louisville.

Posts like this

Feb 24, 2023, 4:29 PM

Are the reason I contribute to the Tnets. 🫣

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of '87

Feb 24, 2023, 7:30 PM

They could careless how many we win if we aren’t in the playoffs, I really hope they are as perfect in their careers as they expect Dabo. “wElL I dOnT mAke aLl dAt mOnEy liKe DabO” yeah you don’t because you obviously aren’t nearly successful as the man you claim to know more then.

Feb 24, 2023, 7:42 PM

Love this FM…

Feb 24, 2023, 8:16 PM

It's just sad to see this level of delusion. You are clearly not a Clemson fan but a BB apologist. If only you'd been here 14 years ago you could have been King Clown of the TB supporters. They all said to be grateful for what TB had accomplished versus the past 20 years. They stated his wins per year and his occassional upsets or strong starts to seasons, etc.

Bottom line was he brought us to a certain level and then stagnated the program. You have to say thanks for what was accomplished but the best predictor of the future is the past and that means with BB its missing NCAA tournaments and being a mid-tier at best year in year out ACC bball program.

If that's good enough for you then by all means continue to slobber over BB and act like we are blessed to have him but don't pointlessly debate the many fans who have aspirations for more so have the willingness to make a change and see if we can do better. They know it might get worse but winners never accept mediocrity and losers accept it as comfortable and safe - enter Judge Keller...

I don’t understand a word you just said.***

Feb 24, 2023, 8:42 PM

Re: I don’t understand a word you just said.***

Feb 24, 2023, 9:01 PM

Leon, you would complain about free female companionship.

Re: I don’t understand a word you just said.***

Feb 25, 2023, 9:56 AM [ in reply to I don’t understand a word you just said.*** ]

Men are from Mars and women are from Venus!

Plaula has a lot shopping riding on her hunny keeping his job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Feb 25, 2023, 2:49 AM

Well ah, there is 12 games on the schedule, and if you're not looking or expecting to win all 12, you're just an average fan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What do I get for the 50th TU for this post?

Feb 25, 2023, 7:36 AM

Hall of Fame post #16 for FM. (Or do I lose TNet coins ?)

Replies: 49
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic