Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am absolutely livid right now…
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

I am absolutely livid right now…

Jun 5, 2022, 6:13 PM

Graham Neff has crossed the line this time. Coach Brad Brownell, who I trust 100%, just said he is happy with Neff’s “football-like commitment” to basketball. Listen, no one loves Clemson Basketball more than me, and I’ve led the charge here for giving CBB more resources, but if Neff starts spending 50 million/year on basketball he should be institutionalized. Surely GN can’t be serious about this?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Lol Swamp Fox. That didn’t take long.

Jun 5, 2022, 6:17 PM

You will earn every TD you get for this one and you should wear them all like a badge of honor.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The person who gave that TD…

Jun 5, 2022, 6:19 PM

is not very intelligent.

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: The person who gave that TD…

Jun 5, 2022, 6:21 PM

Jun 6, 2022, 8:07 AM

Coot

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2022, 6:22 PM [ in reply to The person who gave that TD… ]

remember where you are my friend.

the cbb tardnettters got nothing else. zero.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Can’t imagine who that was… ??***

Jun 5, 2022, 10:03 PM [ in reply to The person who gave that TD… ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Says the site's most obsessive TDer.***

Jun 5, 2022, 10:44 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You found some "common ground"...

Jun 6, 2022, 10:31 PM [ in reply to The person who gave that TD… ]

As far as spending that amt on basketball, it would wise investment if it meant the basketball program would generate the level of revenue that our football program does despite all the other parasitical athletic programs living off it's back. But the more like result is that basketball would fall deeply into the red and would just pi$$ing away money. A better idea: Drastic reduction in basketball expenditures to be transferred as an added increase to football spending(increase = to or > than the amount of the basketball reduction)

Re: Lol Swamp Fox. That didn’t take long.

Jun 5, 2022, 6:27 PM [ in reply to Lol Swamp Fox. That didn’t take long. ]

TDs are the last bastion of TNet contributors.

There is one person who loves Clemson Basketball more than you.

Jun 5, 2022, 6:31 PM

Strike that, there is at least one person who loves Brad Brownell more than you.

Re: I am absolutely livid right now…

Jun 5, 2022, 6:40 PM

Graham Neff has crossed the line this time. Coach Brad Brownell, who I trust 100%, just said he is happy with Neff’s “football-like commitment” to basketball. Listen, no one loves Clemson Basketball more than me, and I’ve led the charge here for giving CBB more resources, but if Neff starts spending 50 million/year on basketball he should be institutionalized. Surely GN can’t be serious about this?

I must have missed any Neff announcement that indicated he was going to spend $50 million dollars on Clemson Basketball. What I have seen is Clemson's current spending for Basketball is 13th in the ACC, and that Neff intends to support Basketball more to make us comparable to the rest of the ACC and other Power 5 league teams. If U want us to perform better, U better support us better. I totally agree with that thought process!

Straight from CBB’s mouth…

Jun 5, 2022, 6:45 PM

Right there in the subject, you don’t even need to read the article to get the facts, I know I didn’t.

https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-forum/thread/tnet--brownell-sees-football-like-commitment-from-neff-making-difference-for-program-2156103?tstart=0

Re: Straight from CBB’s mouth…

Jun 6, 2022, 8:06 AM

Sounds like a coot to me boys

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2022, 6:48 PM

Maybe he is an imposter

Jun 5, 2022, 6:50 PM

Either @Judge Keller just hacked your TNET account or we just learned another SCOK identity...

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2022, 6:58 PM

Uhhhhhh…….you misspelled limpid. ??

Jun 5, 2022, 7:10 PM

I’d be mad if GN had a Basketball-like commitment to Football, but that’s just me

It’s the price you pay to compete with the…

Jun 5, 2022, 7:29 PM

St. Bonaventure’s and Yale’s and Oakland’s of the world.

~JKB

This made me LOL.***

Jun 5, 2022, 9:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jun 5, 2022, 7:46 PM

I think maybe there was just some confusion related to the last sentence about spending money to attract and retain staff.

My bet is GN told CBB he was going to cut his salary and put it to better use, and CBB just assumed it was a "football commitment" like when Dabo cut his own salary to buy more assistants.

A simple misunderstanding on what the term "football-like commitment" means.

I bet it took all that Brad had not to laugh when he called it “football-like.”

Jun 5, 2022, 8:48 PM

You and I both know that isn’t close to being true.

The increased financial support of basketball by Neff is clearly bothering some people though. It’s really funny!

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Well, if you're filthy rich and not just filthy,

Jun 5, 2022, 9:05 PM

you can help out with this "financial support". I'm sure it takes a lot of $$ for this basketball stuff that will get us to where we want to be and with NIL added to the mix, even more $$. Personally, i'm more filthy than rich. We need you rich people to get on board.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t think CBB would mislead me like that.***

Jun 5, 2022, 9:18 PM [ in reply to I bet it took all that Brad had not to laugh when he called it “football-like.” ]

he may not be a good coach, but he’s a good man.***

Jun 5, 2022, 10:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: I bet it took all that Brad had not to laugh when he called it “football-like.”***

Jun 5, 2022, 10:52 PM [ in reply to I bet it took all that Brad had not to laugh when he called it “football-like.” ]

Re: I bet it took all that Brad had not to laugh when he called it “football-like.”***

Jun 5, 2022, 10:52 PM [ in reply to I bet it took all that Brad had not to laugh when he called it “football-like.” ]

Re: I bet it took all that Brad had not to laugh when he called it “football-like.”

Jun 6, 2022, 12:22 AM [ in reply to I bet it took all that Brad had not to laugh when he called it “football-like.” ]

In some percentage-type way, it could be called "football-like." We shall see.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Well, ever body's got to be SOMETHING, I guess!

Jun 6, 2022, 7:37 AM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic