Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We have Tommy Bowden to thank for this.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 68
| visibility 1

We have Tommy Bowden to thank for this.

Nov 21, 2009, 6:45 PM

Yes, Tommy had issues. Yes, it was time to give it to someone else. But Tommy came in when we were down, hired the right guys, recruited the right guys, did it the right way. Everybody, literally everybody, on the field today, was a TB hire or recruit. If Dabo continues on and builds from this, which all indication are he will, we have Tommy to thank for it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thumbs down

Nov 21, 2009, 6:47 PM

he quit and got a nice buy out. We got this in spite of and not because of him. He should thank TDP for the stupid extension

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know nothing of team building.***

Nov 21, 2009, 6:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CTB made me an expert on knowing underachieving when I see

Nov 21, 2009, 6:51 PM

it. ie HIs tenure

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sigh. If you ever work for a guy like you, you will be fired

Nov 21, 2009, 6:52 PM

by the end of the week. Oh, let me guess....

Or are you already CEO?? No, I thought not.

^^^Clemson just won the ACC! Your life makes me sad***

Nov 21, 2009, 6:53 PM [ in reply to CTB made me an expert on knowing underachieving when I see ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I plead to the moderators............

Nov 22, 2009, 1:35 AM [ in reply to thumbs down ]

Can you not see the value of a "thumbs down"?

Makes NO SENSE to have a thumbs up without a thumbs down.

And just to clarify.............

Nov 22, 2009, 1:40 AM

Referring to ALL posts, right now specifically 74's.

FAIL ALERT^^^^***

Nov 22, 2009, 10:47 AM [ in reply to thumbs down ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We have Tommy Bowden to thank for this.

Nov 21, 2009, 6:47 PM

Yes he deserves credit for getting us off the Matt. Picky note, he only figuratively recruited/hired those people, he didn't hire Steele :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correct, I'll give you that. But his hire hired Steele.***

Nov 21, 2009, 6:50 PM

Re: Well does'nt that sound awfull cootish !!!***

Nov 21, 2009, 6:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Steele better hope Tech won't run a 'wildcat'

Nov 21, 2009, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Re: We have Tommy Bowden to thank for this. ]

cause we had no clue

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Corporations are people. So is Soylent Green.

uhhh.......

Nov 21, 2009, 6:49 PM

"Everybody, literally everybody, on the field today, was a TB hire or recruit."

----------------

when did bowden hire kevin steele??

That all you got?***

Nov 21, 2009, 6:49 PM

Steele wasn't a TB hire

Thanks for Dabo!!!!

Nov 21, 2009, 6:52 PM

This is the type of game that TB would have lost for us! ALL IN!

Agreed.***

Nov 21, 2009, 6:53 PM

Re: KEEP TB out Of this, Dabo SWINNEY won this !!!!***

Nov 21, 2009, 6:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, but he played a part for sure. You can't give

Nov 21, 2009, 6:55 PM

sole credit to a guy who couldn't get it done. He should get some credit, but I'm thinking if he's still the HC, we don't win the division this year.

Also, only a few of the assistant coaches were hired by TB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sole credit? Who did that? I think I said he had issues

Nov 21, 2009, 7:02 PM

and needed to be replaced. No wait, you're one of the anti-Bownden-no-matter-what-he-did-nothing-good guys. Got it.

No, I'm one of the guys who knows you were trying to be

Nov 21, 2009, 7:20 PM

inflamatory with your post on the day we clinched the Atlantic Division title under Dabo.

Why didn't you say TB should get some of the credit only in your post? Because you were trying to be inflamatory.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The fact that you would say that says more about you.

Nov 22, 2009, 3:23 AM

There is no reason for you to think or say such a thing. I think Dabo has done a great job, and have been saying so from last year. I also thing TB did some great things that get overlooked in all the anti TB sentiment, and I've been saying so. Those two things, rather than being exclusive of each other, very much relate to each other.

The only reason to think that is inflammatory is to think that to be pro Dabo or pro 2009 Clemson one has to be anti TB. And lots of people do think that.

Nov 21, 2009, 6:56 PM

I have nothing to add - except one more thoughtless post with no subject line so that you have to click on it to see whats inside.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I don't disagree, but consder this.....

Nov 21, 2009, 6:57 PM

This exact statement has been repeated after each win the last six weeks. You guys want us to let go of the anti-Tommy sentiment. Well, let go of the "We owe it to Tommy" sentiment week in and week out. Give credit where credit is due, and it lies with Dabo keeping this team completely focused since the Maryland debacle. I'm off my soapbox now and will enjoy this win and trip to the ACC Championship to avenge our BS loss against GT. Their message boards are already heating up with their junk. Go Tigers! Congrats to the Seniors! And thank you military folks for what you do!

If it makes you New Springs folks have a more spirit-filled

Nov 21, 2009, 7:35 PM

service to praise TB for the win today, then by all means go ahead and do it. As for me, I'm done with TB and I wash my hands of him. I give Dabo and the whole team credit for turning it around and making the ACC Championship game...Good for them - they deserve it and Dabo deserves a contract extension.

my, my, how things have changed.......

Nov 21, 2009, 7:47 PM

MacinTiger
Devotee [3056 pts]
SC

How we could have avoided this debacle...
Posted: Oct 3, 2009 1:44 PM Report Abuse Rate: Reply

#1 - After the Music City bowl disaster, fire TB and his whole staff when it becomes apparent he will never do anything of championship consequence at Clemson
#2 - Go after Paul Johnson (who was still at Navy then)as coach, running the OPTION attack with a strong D
#3 - Fire Terry Don and install Danny Ford as AD.
#4 - Sit back and watch the glory of the 80's return.

As it is now, we have brought the current unpleasantness upon ourselves. Cannot belive that people thoughat that Dabo was ready for D-1 ball. He talks a good game but his act will get old quickly losing to the likes of Maryland.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: my, my, how things have changed.......

Nov 21, 2009, 7:48 PM

I'm not embarassed I said that. Losing to Maryland was and is inexcusible. Good for him that he turned it around!

A man who has no opinions of his own, who knows only to

Nov 22, 2009, 1:24 AM

criticize the ones who are down for the moment and to praise the ones who are the successes of the day, who stands on the sidelines and points to the scoreboard for his own sense of worth, is never embarrassed by anything, even by the fact that others are embarrassed for him.

Some will actually take a stand before the event. Some will have to remain solid in the face of defeat and remain focused in the midst of success. They will have to answer the critics.

I suppose that in the final analysis this separates us, those who will take criticism from those who instead endeavor to be critics.

..and a lot more money...***

Nov 21, 2009, 9:22 PM [ in reply to If it makes you New Springs folks have a more spirit-filled ]

Nov 21, 2009, 7:35 PM

Agree, its good that we kept it inside the family when it was time to move on and did not go with the big name hire so many wanted. Dabo is building on what Bowden started. This s

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2009, 7:42 PM

Agree, its good that we kept it inside the family when it was time to move on and did not go with the big name hire so many wanted. Dabo is building on what Bowden started. No doubt.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BullS**T! We OWE ALL OF THIS TO DABO!!!!!

Nov 21, 2009, 7:44 PM

Tommy was always one game away. Dabo got to and past that game! PERIOD!!!!

Re: Agree somewhat!!!.

Nov 21, 2009, 7:47 PM

I Agree that Tommy did a tremendous job for this university, but he was not the only one doing the recruiting. As a matter Dabo recruited the majority of these young men.
Tommy would have done much better had he had the guts to get rid of the coaches that were holding him back.
The point is, if you are to loyal to those who are not getting you over the hump, you have to make changes. He would not. He also, did not know how to motivate players.
Dabo, has done exactly the opposite. That is why after we were 2-3, he made the changes necessary to get us where we are now.
A new era in "CLEMSON FOOTBALL".
Enjoy the ride, it is gonna be soooooo fun!!!

CTB was a leech and under-achiever***

Nov 21, 2009, 8:07 PM

Re: We have Tommy Bowden to thank for this.lol)

Nov 21, 2009, 8:08 PM

WHAT FREAKING EVER!!!!!

danny had

Nov 21, 2009, 8:17 PM

pell..............is one way to look at it or the egg or the chicken.......who cares they both eat good

tommy shouldn't

Nov 21, 2009, 8:26 PM

you be counting your money and when did you figure this internet thing oh yea when you should have been game planning for 9 years..............the only time you earned your money was against fla st, tenn in the bowl game, sc because you wanted to keep your job so get off tigernet and think how a wr coach just did something you couldn't do in 9 years..............maybe you your dad and hatifield can go fishing next year

True......BUT........

Nov 21, 2009, 9:02 PM

I agree w/your post to a point...he did get all those people together but I almost know in my heard that TB wouldn't have gotten those players motivated to this point. No way we'd be heading to Tampa if TB was still the HC..not a chance. These players believe in and trust Dabo, can't say that I ever, ever saw that when TB roamed the sidelines!!! I'M ALL-IN w/DABO!!!!!!

Nov 21, 2009, 9:07 PM

So what you are saying is that he could do the work out in the field, but not ON the field?

No, we don't. I joked to a friend after the game that Tommy

Nov 21, 2009, 9:10 PM

probably said to him mom, " Dang, I left one year early".

Geez...well then we have Ken Hatfield to thank for this b/c.

Nov 21, 2009, 9:16 PM

if he hadn't been fired we'd still running the flexbone and losing to FSU...wait no, we have Tommy West to thank for this b/c if he hadn't been over his head and been fired we'd still be losing to FSU...no wait...geez what a lame post at a time like this.

That is what I am saying. Tommy gets NO credit for this. He

Nov 21, 2009, 10:43 PM

had nine years to get it done, and if he were here this year we owuld be 5-5 at best, probably worse. But, considering how Mrs. Bowden has acted this week, I felt it comical that Tommy would think if he had only stayed another year, he would have won his title. NOPE. Wouldn't happen. Not if he stayed 10 more years.

I said it on the Donor board and I will say it again........

Nov 21, 2009, 10:47 PM

Dabo will be the first to give Tommy credit for what he did in laying the foundation for this. He took us to another level, just not the level we wanted to be at. We should recognize him for that and shut up about him and move on!! Without Tommy Bowden there is no CJ Spiller!!

Didn***

Nov 21, 2009, 11:03 PM

Tiger/Terrier

Didn't Dabo recruit CJ?***

Nov 21, 2009, 11:04 PM [ in reply to I said it on the Donor board and I will say it again........ ]

Tiger/Terrier

Re: Didn't Dabo recruit CJ?***

Nov 21, 2009, 11:06 PM

CJ has said that his meeting Tommy Bowden and his beliefs was the main reason he came to Clemson

Wrong. CJ came becuse of Dabo and I have that first hand.

Nov 22, 2009, 9:35 AM

TOmmy gets NO credit for this. Our run would have been over when FSU had us down early. We would never have come back.

I respect Tommy Bowden for raising the level of the program

Nov 21, 2009, 10:34 PM

but I don't respect him at all for how he screwed Clemson at the end of his reign (the whole I'm going to Arkansas hoax with his AD buddy). Because of it he is getting a lot of money that he does not deserve, and I believe he knew exactly what he was doing.

If TB is the coach this year, we still find a way to lose the division. I, for one, am glad he is gone.

I think you mean it's TDP fault.***

Nov 21, 2009, 10:38 PM

Good Point

Nov 22, 2009, 7:11 AM

Tommy was an important part of Clemson football and certainly played a part in this win. I still wish him well.

63-17

Nov 22, 2009, 7:13 AM

At what point in time did TB hire our D-cor. Steele?

TB Would Have Found a Way To Lose. Dabo Finds ways to Win

Nov 22, 2009, 8:34 AM

Dabo did in one year what TB never accomplished

TB Wasted Our Talent. Dabo Made Winners Out Of them***

Nov 22, 2009, 8:43 AM

It doesn't matter how you feel about Coach Bowden.

Nov 22, 2009, 8:48 AM

Coach Swinney deserves all the credit in the world for what he, and this team, have accomplished.

But Coach Bowden deserves credit for setting everything in motion. Be gracious and acknowledge that.

Or, be a ###### because it's the Internet and you can.

No The ###### Is the one Who Brought This up After Dabos Win***

Nov 22, 2009, 9:14 AM

No, it is the fan who can't be gracious, even in victory.

Nov 22, 2009, 9:22 AM

This ACC Championship belongs to this team and this coaching staff.

But Coach Bowden set everything in motion.

I don't know why you're so bitter that you can't acknowledge that he had a hand in this accomplishment.

Grow up.

He Got millions of $ not to win a Championship--duh!

Nov 22, 2009, 9:29 AM

He wasn't going to win one either

You may be right. In fact you probably are.

Nov 22, 2009, 9:32 AM

But that's not the point.

If you can't separate the two then you have serious cognitive issues.

Me ? You think bringing players here is the goal.

Nov 22, 2009, 9:37 AM

Championships are the goal and why coaches get paid the big bucks. TB just thought it was bringing players here and baby sitting them

That's not what I said. You seriously lack cognitive skills

Nov 22, 2009, 9:39 AM

I feel bad for you.

Your Argument is meaningless. TB is off spending his Million

Nov 22, 2009, 9:47 AM

millions of $$ that most of us will never see in our lifetime. For what? Not even division title and you want to take away from the guy who actually won a division title in his first year as coach? TB wasted talent for many years and that is whats sad

Where did I take away from Coach Swinney?

Nov 22, 2009, 9:51 AM

Please show me where I did that. Please.

You seriously need a remedial skills English class.

You also need a history lesson if you can't acknowledge that we were better off when Coach Bowden left than when he arrived, including the HIRING of most of this staff and the RECRUITING of the vast majority of these players.

As I have posted several times, and as you are apparently incapable of comprehending, Coach Swinney deserves the credit - but Coach Bowden deserves a thank you.

Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

Should I draw you pictures to illustrate the point? Would that work better?

Still waiting for you to show me where I took away from

Nov 22, 2009, 10:02 AM

Coach Swinney.

Any time you want to back up your misuse of the English language, I'll be sitting right here.

Hey Jack - just wondering if I should keep waiting or if

Nov 22, 2009, 10:23 AM

I can move on to other things this morning.

Ya lets all praise a good bser and not a performer like Dabo***

Nov 22, 2009, 9:56 AM

You can celebrate one and thank the other.

Nov 22, 2009, 9:57 AM

They aren't mutually exclusive.

Did you order your corn flakes with extra #### and vinegar this morning?

Oh it pains me to vote this one in the HOF, but It's right.***

Nov 22, 2009, 10:35 AM

Replies: 68
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic