Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ok, coots.. You're lame
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1,318

Ok, coots.. You're lame

Jan 28, 2008, 2:15 PM

Is this happening everywhere or just around Greenville?

I've been noticing a lot of Auburn stickers/magnets whatever on more cars this month. This morning driving to work I noticed 2 that really stood out to me and another one on my way back from lunch just now.

1) This morning an F-150 had a brand new AU magnet on the tailgate. Also on this truck was an old sticker of the gamecock logo on the back window.

2) Also, this morning I passed an old Fiero that had an Auburn bumper sticker. I slowed down a little to check it for cooties and sure enough, there was an old 31-28 decal on the other side of the bumper.

3) On my way back from lunch, I was passed by an Explorer flying a Auburn flag. I knew this couldn't really be an Auburn fan figuring they were humiliated by Alabama saturday on the court. I caught up with him at a red light a mile further down the road and scanned windows and bumpers for coot memoribilia but found none. I gave up on the cat and figured it was a guilty coot that I just couldn't prove was guilty. That was until I looked at his license plate: GMCKFN6

Silly coots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL but but but they're in the sec!!!!***

Jan 28, 2008, 2:22 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Fiero," lol... dead giveaway for a gamecock***

Jan 28, 2008, 2:26 PM

Yea with their new

Jan 28, 2008, 2:31 PM

#### and Fiero offense right?

;)

The UGA fans are really mouthy lately. I wear my Clemson

Jan 28, 2008, 2:31 PM

hat pretty much whenever I leave the house on weekends. The last two weekends, I've had 4 or 5 total strangers say something about hoping to "save" my son (who is 2) from having to wear a hat like that.

I guess a year of success has left them feeling bold. Still, I would never feel the need to say something to a perfect stranger like that.

I simply tell them I just hope to send my son to a school that can beat South Carolina and that shuts them up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGA fans = SC fans, except UGA's team is actually good.

Jan 28, 2008, 2:37 PM

Richt has done a tremendous job with that program (which, since Dooley left, was a perennial underachiever).

But, the vast majority of UGA "fans" (read: NOT alums) act like complete ######### about it.

Been here 5 years, and actually get quite the opposite.

Jan 28, 2008, 2:41 PM [ in reply to The UGA fans are really mouthy lately. I wear my Clemson ]

Most UGa fans respond w/ "dang, wish we still played every year". At first I thought it was because they kicked our can the last few times we played, but the more I've talked to them the more civil it has gotten.

Usually they kick in how bad it must be dealing w/ Gamecocks as we have to.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Its really only been the last few weeks. Before that, I

Jan 28, 2008, 2:43 PM

never had a single case of it. For some reason, they seem to be feeling very uppity this month.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's because they're DOMINATING recruiting...

Jan 28, 2008, 2:45 PM

(per rivals.com)

;)

Folks who talk crap to someone because..

Jan 28, 2008, 2:53 PM

...of their hat/shirt is enough to call them a loser.

If someone were to actually start talking about recruiting I'd freakin' laugh, hand them a dollar, and wish them a good life on the streets.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

I have lived in GA for 10 years and...

Jan 28, 2008, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Been here 5 years, and actually get quite the opposite. ]

many UGA fans are extremely arrogant and have specific disrespect for Clemson. There are plenty of classy ones but their ego's are as bloated as the Gamecocks are delusional. Ok maybe not quite that bad.... but UGA is Clemson's rival whether certain Clemson people realize it or not.

UGA is at least a good program... but their fans deserve to suffer a beatdown (on the field of course). The biggest tragedy in Clemson football is the fact that we dont play them every year, thus the last time we beat will have been a quarter century ago by the time we play them next. What a horrible 23 years it will have been.

A year...we have done pretty solid since 2002

Jan 30, 2008, 11:28 PM [ in reply to The UGA fans are really mouthy lately. I wear my Clemson ]

Finish Top 10 AP every year but 2006 with 2 SEC Titles and another SECCG Appearence

Let me know if they are still on after 3/1/08

Jan 28, 2008, 2:39 PM

when their basketball team heads to Auburn. Heck, they may have figured AU magnets were worth the $ when you do cost averaging since they won't get beat in football by them again until ~2014 due to the rotating schedule.

2010, I think.

Jan 28, 2008, 3:03 PM

USC's rotating schedule looks like this, I think:

2007: MSU, LSU, Arkansas
2008: Ole Miss, LSU, Arkansas
2009: Ole Miss, Alabama, Arkansas
2010: Auburn, Alabama, Arkansas
2011: Auburn, MSU, Arkansas

They have one permanent West rival, and two rotating. But the two who rotate don't due so on the same year. They get one new SEC West opponent each season.

"Raise your hand if you're envisioning Charlie Brown trying to kick that football and Lucy yanking it away right at the last minute.

That's South Carolina football in a nutshell."

- December 24, 2007 ESPN article: "Gamecocks face more difficult SEC schedule in 2008"

I'd be broke if I had to buy paraphenalia of the teams that

Jan 28, 2008, 2:44 PM

beat my most hated rivals in UCS. Atleast, it makes it easier on those gamecock blue collar, pizza delivery fans' pocketbook that they only have to get four teams' logos! And hopefully less next year.

Re: Ok, coots.. You're lame

Jan 28, 2008, 2:45 PM

OK for retaliation we could get logos of the team they played in their bowl... oh that's right they didn't go to a bowl...

I know a guy at work....who changed from a gamecock

Jan 28, 2008, 2:57 PM

to Auburn recently.....He ain't in the Upstate though. Maybe it is happening all over. This dude calls in to Sportstalk shows and everything. He switched right before the bowl game.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gameschmucks: Living vicariously through SEC associates.***

Jan 28, 2008, 3:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1,318
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic