Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another great Tiger gone on to Death Valley in the sky
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Another great Tiger gone on to Death Valley in the sky

Feb 26, 2012, 9:28 AM

Last Sunday my dad passed away. He attended Clemson in the late 50's and attended just about every home game until he couldn't walk to his seats any longer. I'm proud to sit in his seat now.

Dad loved Clemson Football and Clemson Baseball and most of all he loved Clemson. It will be a very bitter sweet time for me next football season.

One thing you should know about President Barker -
My dad was not a "big donor"
He never gave more money than what he needed to give to IPTAY to keep his tickets and parking space and yet, without anyone notifying the University, my mother received a hand written note of condolence from President Barker two days after his obituary in the Spartanburg paper noted that he went to Clemson. Dad had never been to a meeting where he would have met him. In fact my dad didn't graduate Clemson because when I came a long he took a promotion that moved him from the Pendleton plant to Miliken Research before he could complete his degree. President Baker must have someone in his office running a search program that monitors online obits for Clemson and then he reaches out in this wonderful way. This meant a lot to my mom and to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

sorry for your family's lose.***

Feb 26, 2012, 9:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like your dad was a salt-of-the-earth kind of guy.

Feb 26, 2012, 9:34 AM

I lost my dad 10 years ago and I still miss him a lot. Sorry for your loss. Cherish the memories and yell for two this fall.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

God bless you and

Feb 26, 2012, 9:34 AM

your family

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sorry to hear about your father***

Feb 26, 2012, 9:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another great Tiger gone on to Death Valley in the sky

Feb 26, 2012, 9:56 AM

Prayers for you and your family on the los of yur dad.

My prayers are with you and your family

Feb 26, 2012, 10:02 AM

It's been a bit over six months since my Dad passed away. I know where you're at, and will keep you in my prayers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very sorry for your loss.***

Feb 26, 2012, 10:06 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Feb 26, 2012, 10:30 AM

Thanks for sharing your story.

Best wishes to you and your family as you celebrate his life. It sounds like it was a rich one surrounded with people he loved and who loved him.

God Bless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I might have known your Dad John..since I started in 1959...

Feb 26, 2012, 11:12 AM

Of course I extend my condolences to you and your Family..thank you for the special & insightful tidbit about President Barker writing to your Mom...and am glad your Dad was a Clemson Man all the way.

Go TIGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry for your loss. Nice expression of the Clemson family by Barker, and

Feb 26, 2012, 11:08 AM

even more awesome that IPTAY will let you keep his seats.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Sorry for your loss. Nice expression of the Clemson family by Barker, and

Feb 26, 2012, 12:21 PM

Clemson was small in those days so the odds are good that I knew your father. If so, I know that he was 'one of us' and that is something special to me. I am sure there are many wonderful things that you will remember about your dad and I hope, unlike me, you told him so. He will be remembered as a Clemson Man and it doesn't get any better than that. Clemson is a special place and President Barker is one of the many special Clemson people who go unnoticed except by those of us who call Clemson home.

We got wind that ITPAY was stopping "Legacy" seats

Feb 26, 2012, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Sorry for your loss. Nice expression of the Clemson family by Barker, and ]

many years ago and moved them to me then. I'm not sure you can still do this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

You can't

Feb 27, 2012, 7:50 AM

I mean, I'm sure you can if you have enough insider friends in the IPTAY office, but in general they will not hold legacy seats. Especially these days when they're doing everything they can to get all the Heisman donors down into the central lower decks.

Feb 26, 2012, 12:21 PM

RIP Tiger

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks to all

Feb 26, 2012, 12:30 PM

Dad was there in 57-58 but wasn't a traditional student. He came after 4 years in the Navy and 2 years at Pfeiffer College. He lived in Anderson and was one of very few commuting students at that time.

Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic