Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ben Middlebrooks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Ben Middlebrooks

Jan 18, 2023, 12:57 PM

I really like the player he is becoming. He's worked really hard and it shows.

He chose us over scholarship offers from Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, Auburn, Florida, and LSU, so we know he has the talent. He has good size at 6'10," and he has added noticeable size to his frame since he arrived.

His rebounding is excellent. He has good hands and gets rebounds he isn't expected to, especially on the offensive end. He is still working on finishing around the basket, but you can tell that he has the athleticism to develop a nice post game around the basket.

His defensive rotations have gotten much better, and he provides good length to disrupt shots.

He is a better shooter than people think. Once he can consistently start hitting outside shots, he will create matchup problems for the other team.

He's an example of what hard work and good player development can do. Plus, he's a great teammate and fun to be around.

I just wanted to acknowledge his effort. Thanks, Ben, so glad you're a Tiger!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Ben Middlebrooks

Jan 18, 2023, 1:02 PM

Thank you for that positive poast.
Ben's game is developing right before our eyes.
Go Tigers!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

That is all good and well, but

Jan 18, 2023, 1:04 PM

The name Ben Middlebrooks does knot strike much fear into the hearts of opposing players. It is more like, meh, the dude is probably going to have an average night a lot of the time, then disappear others.

If his name were Trenton Ripper, he would likely be a more confident player and much more effective.

But here we are..

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess Wake's Monsanto makes you want to

Jan 18, 2023, 1:11 PM

call a Class Action Suite Lawyer

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I changed my name to Napalm Doomseeker

Jan 18, 2023, 6:49 PM [ in reply to That is all good and well, but ]

In high school while playing basketball. Ironically, a local arsonist had adopted that name. I spent 3 years in a federal prison until we got that all sorted out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I changed my name to Napalm Doomseeker

Jan 18, 2023, 7:56 PM

~JKB

How can someone be “a better shooter than people think” ???

Jan 18, 2023, 1:06 PM

The ball either goes through the hoop or it doesn’t.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How can someone be “a better shooter than people think” ???

Jan 18, 2023, 2:35 PM

Because he has taken very few 3's in game. It takes a while to get comfortable enough to make them in a game against an ACC opponent.

He's got a silky smooth free throw motion, and I've seen him hit plenty of 3's in warm ups.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many points has he scored in warmups?***

Jan 18, 2023, 3:01 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How can someone be “a better shooter than people think” ???

Jan 18, 2023, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Re: How can someone be “a better shooter than people think” ??? ]

That doesn’t answer the question.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shieffelin is the next good big imo

Jan 18, 2023, 1:07 PM

he's got deceptively good moves around the basket.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like Schieffelin a lot too.

Jan 18, 2023, 2:47 PM

Very active, good rebounder, and a nice touch around the basket.

He’s a little undersized but plays bigger than that.

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I like Schieffelin a lot too.

Jan 19, 2023, 9:05 AM

I understand that, I'm 5'11" and there are days that I look like I'm 6'4". I believe that it's bc of the high gloss beaming off the top of my head, or maybe it depends on how much time I put into buffing!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His biggest blemish thus far...

Jan 18, 2023, 1:17 PM

has been finishing around the basket as you mentioned. He actually missed on the point blank layups last night. He's 6'10" so he should be dunking the ball as opposed to trying to be so delicate with it. It's not an egg. Flush that thing !!!!

If he's a better shooter than people think, it will be nice if we could start seeing that, preferably sooner rather than later.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: His biggest blemish thus far...

Jan 19, 2023, 9:10 AM

He's only taken a couple 3's this year. He is shooting 77% from the line, which is very good for a big man. If you watched the games, you would have known that.

Re: His biggest blemish thus far...

Jan 19, 2023, 9:38 AM [ in reply to His biggest blemish thus far... ]

Absolutely, bring down the rim when he gets close enough!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2023, 1:42 PM

He has really improved since last year and has given us some great minutes this year. Thanks for giving him props JK.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He struggled with layups last night.***

Jan 18, 2023, 1:43 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hence my comment about him still working on finishing around the basket.***

Jan 18, 2023, 2:50 PM

Our bigs need to be going up strong and dunking it.***

Jan 18, 2023, 4:04 PM

Jan 18, 2023, 1:48 PM

In the Duke game, he caught a no-look from Beadle and immediately went up with it. That was nice a nice play, on both their parts. I went through a list of former Clemson bigs who would not have caught that pass (starting with Tom Wideman, I always enjoyed his play, but he had hands of stone).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or Noko? Landry...he would have been excellent if he had

Jan 18, 2023, 8:05 PM

better hands.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Loose ball vs Duke

Jan 18, 2023, 2:01 PM

Was my favorite middlebrooks moment so far. Filipowski’s whiny expression was priceless. I think Ben still has a lot of upside. Last night was a tough one for him.

Jan 18, 2023, 2:11 PM

He is a hard working big guy and that will produce a lot of good things. He just couldn’t get the ball to go down last night. Those are high percentage shots and he’ll make more most nights than he did last night. At his size he just has to take it strong to the rim.

Schieffelin is finding his touch and doing a great job lately as well. He is always looking to get the ball inside to the low post. He’s learning not to force that pass but still does sometimes. That just comes with playing time.

Jan 18, 2023, 2:27 PM

Didn’t Middlebrooks reclassify and arrive a year earlier out of HS? I thought he did a great job in the weight room last fall. He’s definitely beginning to show signs of adapting to the speed and physicality of the game. The offensive skills under the basket will come next. Just like the improvement we’ve seen from Schieffelin.

BTW, which coach works with the bigs? They have done tremendous work with Hall all the way to the freshman Godfrey.

Jan 19, 2023, 9:36 AM

Godfrey, isn't he that guy with the voice that will go straight through you!!!;) Oh I'm sorry, that voice belonged to Gilbert Gottfried, I hope that God will never allow that sound to come from another human...

PS, when I read Godfrey's name, it caused the muscles in the back of my neck to spasm bc it brought the memory of the late Gilbert Gottfried and the voice that would kill off a field of kudzu. God bless his soul!!!

Jan 19, 2023, 9:07 AM

Another positive post, let’s keep it up!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2023, 10:31 AM

ROYBus10® said:

Another positive post, let’s keep it up!

And yours is, how would you describe it, positive? Seems to me like the pot calling the kettle black! Never mind, you have the right to your opinion, just like the ones you feel a need to re-act to in a positive ;) way. I got cha!

Jan 19, 2023, 11:45 AM

I'm pleased that all of our big men have good touch around the basket. For many years we have had very few big men that had a soft touch around the basket. Trevor Booker, Nance and a few others, but too many of our big men put up bricks from five feet. I like what our big guys are doing. I do not like conceding every rebound to defending team as we take off down court after every shot.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic