Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Suggested New Year's resolution: stop caring what ESPN thinks.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 2,648

Suggested New Year's resolution: stop caring what ESPN thinks.

Dec 25, 2015, 1:41 PM

Some of you get so offended by ESPN, what they say about us, what they don't say about us, and what they say about other teams and conferences. Guess what? Their opinion doesn't matter. They can't control Clemson or how we play. Their main objective is to fill air time with opinions that get ratings. Saying sweet things about Clemson all the time won't get them max ratings.

So let's all try to focus on other, more positive things that benefit CLEMSON. Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Awesome advice, thanks and a very merry Christmas Judge

Dec 25, 2015, 1:59 PM

If you are the Keller I grew up with, your business (now run by your son) must be making you all rich!
I will never forget your Dad, turning on light in area when needed. But what a legacy!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Merry Christmas to you as well!

Dec 25, 2015, 2:32 PM

I am not related to anyone involved with Judge Keller's. I just wanted a Clemson screen name and have always thought the store was neat.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Don't say their opinion doesn't matter when it most

Dec 25, 2015, 2:37 PM

certainly does.

Their opinion affects voting, perception, Heisman, recruits, etc. etc.

Now I believe there are tin-foil hats on the extreme of ESPN hate, but to completely discredit like you've said is the opposite side of the same extreme coin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Don't say their opinion doesn't matter when it most

Dec 25, 2015, 7:30 PM

You are exactly right......we need to call ESPN out for what they really are.......because there biased SEC propaganda reporting does matter and is not fair to the ACC and the other football conferences across the nation.....and with ESPN now televising many of our football games I am sick and tired of listening to these ESPN clowns during our games and always slurring off on our team.....all I want is for them to be fair to us and that will NEVER happen as long as the SEC helps pay their bills......all these jokers DEFENDING these clowns need to just STOP and call spade a spade.....Go Tigers!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They have hundreds of opinions

Dec 25, 2015, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Don't say their opinion doesn't matter when it most ]

though. Not just one big opinion

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They have hundreds of opinions

Dec 25, 2015, 10:18 PM

wrong.....these guys are just puppets without unbiased opinions who know what they better say if they want to keep their jobs and get paid by the ESPN (AKA SEC) networks......Go Tigers!!!!!

LOL. Have Danny Kanell and

Dec 26, 2015, 9:16 AM

Joey Galloway been fired yet?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ultimately, you are correct because we can't control what

Dec 25, 2015, 5:39 PM

they think. In that respect, it is kind of crazy to get worked up about it. However, it is a problem because they do influence other people who have influence or can otherwise impact our fortunes.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Ultimately, you are correct because we can't control what

Dec 25, 2015, 5:45 PM

Soccer and Smiling Tiger are exactly on point...influence comes in many forms and ESPN is one!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!

Dec 25, 2015, 7:27 PM

I was concerned with the publicity we got when we were 9-3 or 10-2 and still knocking on the door.

At 13-0 and playing for the national championship...it doesn't matter what people say!!! It's a beautiful thing.

Go Tigers!!!

Another thing to remember is that ESPN

Dec 25, 2015, 7:50 PM

doesn't have one voice or opinion. They have hundreds.

Re: Another thing to remember is that ESPN

Dec 25, 2015, 10:14 PM

and 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999% of them STILL think SEC is the best thing since slice bread..........what a frigging bunch of biased ignorant clowns...............LOL.....Go Tigers!!!!

I don't care what they think. But...

Dec 25, 2015, 8:12 PM

If you think that I will just stand by while the professed "world wide leader in sports", desecrates the name of Clemson, you will be disappointed.

Username... Judge Keller, I ask you as a resolution to remember...

How does the term "Clemsoning" make you feel? How do you feel when you hear that Clemson has SEC speed, or SEC talent, or that they play like an SEC team? What effect does it have on you when a high school recruit says that he wants to play "big boy football" in the SEC?

Now, who do you think is perpetuating that fraudulence? Is it not sports media and is ESPiN not considered the "world wide leader" in such media. I am certain that ESecPN is in the business of selling TV, internet clicks, and magazines. I am certain that they will do what is necessary to protect their investments. Currently there is an SEC network and they are fighting fiercely to protect their product... their source of income. Anything that rivals their intentions must be trampled, discredited, and weakened. They picked this fight, not me.

While I have always appreciated what ESPN has to offer, I want to point out that they picked sides first. They are the media, they claim to be neutral, and they decided which horse they should ride. They know what we all know... College Football is king in the South East. They picked their conference, they sold the idea of a 1 loss SEC team, and they continued to beat that horse long after its demise. What they forgot though, is that there are other teams in the South East. Other teams who also play this game and have a history. Many of those teams belong to a conference that is sold by ESPiN to be the "weakest" conference, the ACC. But check the ACC's history and you will see, that they've also won championships, they've also invested money, their fans also watch television. And so do teams from all over our Great Country.

I agree that what they say doesn't matter, and I don't care what ESPN has to say, but that won't keep me from speaking up about their lies.

FIGHT TIGERS, FIGHT TIGERS, FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!

Re: I don't care what they think. But...

Dec 25, 2015, 10:30 PM

You are 100% correct......bias views and propaganda have been used by the powerful since the beginning of time to influence opinions of others......and if you do not think is a very powerful network which does not have the capability to influence others with their bogus and biased opinions about the SEC then they have also got you fooled........all the other conferences just need to tell them to SHUT UP ABOUT THE SEC and just boycott and refuse to play on their networks......then maybe they will get the message because their powerful SEC want be able to save them then......Go Tigers!!!!!

ESPN has provided live sports to more than ever.

Dec 25, 2015, 11:17 PM

Of course it has come at a cost. I love that I can watch or rewatch so many Clemson athletic events on television or internet. Thanks to ESPN.
I don't want everyone to quit ESPN, rather I want ESPN to quit their agenda. In time they will have no choice. This entire country will not turn their backs on their teams to root for the SEC. Once they realize that... Things will become more balanced.

LOL.***

Dec 26, 2015, 9:12 AM [ in reply to I don't care what they think. But... ]

I don't watch ESPN except for games but the media is

Dec 25, 2015, 9:51 PM

biased in sports, politics etc. etc. and needs to be called out. They want viewers to blindly follow their line of thinking on everything.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand what your saying and why.

Dec 25, 2015, 11:30 PM

But you are incorrect about one thing. What they say does effect how we play. The games they had us as big favorites we got by and won. The games they said we'd lose, we dominated. So what they say does effect us. But when they're dogging us tiger fans should feel good. Because we can beat anyone when we want to.
GO TIGERS!!!

^^underrated post^^***

Dec 25, 2015, 11:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Suggested New Year's resolution: stop caring what ESPN thinks.

Dec 26, 2015, 8:00 AM

I understand ESPN's position and influence in college football. They have an obvious bias toward the media darlings and 'traditional power programs'. But as with most idiots I know, the more they are proven wrong, the more they dig in their heels and keep spouting nonsense. The difference here is that as Clemson continues to dominate, the talking heads have diarrhea of the mouth and don't know what to do about it. They don't know what to say or how to look at our Tigers. So they bash us, talk trash, build up the other CFP teams and write us off. I say let 'em keep doing it, because we keep winning!!!! I watch them for entertainment only, because if you're looking for knowledge or insight...ESPN will let you down every time!

avoid SEC espn = listening to usuck news for objectivity!***

Dec 26, 2015, 9:21 AM

Replies: 21
| visibility 2,648
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic