Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Timeline:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1,513

Timeline:

Sep 17, 2010, 12:53 PM

Friday, late night, in Auburn, Ala: Dabo finishes up poker game with old Alabama friends and coaches– eyes his cards, stares down opponents (sunglasses crack on one player’s face), lays cards down, sez “ALL IN”. Players at table capitulate with weak hands. He rakes a pile of chips towards him. Table trembles.

Friday morning, before dawn: Auburn legacy man Pat Sullivan wakes up, shivering, heads to a sports bar early, anticipating the game day experience, but something doesn’t feel right...

Game opens, we drive, line up for field goal to take early lead. A tiger-striped cat enters field, undetected. Tiger FG kicker, new to stage, splits uprights precisely from 42 yards, for 3-0 early lead. The cat ascends goalpost, walks across crossbar on national TV. It’s the CAT, man.

Speaking of which, on the kicking game, later, Auburn actually stuffs us for a series, and Zimmerman launches a punt. At nearby Huntsville military base a UFO is identified in Auburn area air space. They sound alert.

Da’Quan, moved by unseen forces that Auburn fans seem unaware of but all Clemson fans can see clearly, seems to play with extra ferocity. He becomes problematic for Cam (later to be re-named) and the fair-weather announcers pick up on this new development...

Unsung quarterback Kyle Parker, dissed, overlooked in the shadow of Cam, and un-talked about before the game, rifles STRIKES all over field to unsung, un-talked about receivers named Nuke, Allen, and McNeal. He delivers a hero’s performance and enters the national conversation as a quarterback, not a baseball player...

One Tiger player, shaking off a bowl performance and gimpy knee, comes out angry, hot, bristling, wreaking general havoc and MAYE-hem. It’s Maye-Day everyone...

ESPN talking heads and Corso explode into gibberish. Corso is tarred and tiger-furred.

Orange Tiger Pawed Moo-Cow Blimp appears over stadium, drops down during their players’ entrance, blocks ESPN cameras. It says, “Eat more chizik-en” the company logo sez, “CHIZIK FILET”

“Chop blocks and laptops” is incorporated into a Jimmy Buffet dirge on Auburn football...

During Game:Hurricane center in Miami, notices unusual “storm center” entering Eastern Alabama area out of Gulf. When asked about its origins all they could say was “H*LL if we know! It’s just some New Storm.” So the new storm is called H*LL, which stands for “H-arper and ELL-ington”. About H*LL, an Auburn priest stands after the game, Auburn defensive carcasses scattered about on the turf, reading last rites to the mournful Auburn Nation:

“Come! Look before us! I looked and there before us was a pale Tiger. Its O-Line was named Death to opposing defenses, and H*LL followed close behind them. They were powerful and could knock down with crunches and beatdowns, wreaking plagues and famines on defenses...”

Late in game, EZPN announcer remarks, accurately and colorfully:

“And we thought the ‘blue-out’ was just spirit wear for Auburn fans. Apparently it’s the appearance and condition of Cam Newton after getting bruised and battered by Clempzon’s defense all day!”

Close game, we’re down 5, late minutes, and here is Newton, passing the ball. D’Mac intercepts! He evades all Auburn tacklers but one.... the stadium hushes to the sound of an eagle’s feather hitting the ground. Newton is the only tackler left to between D’Mac and goal line. D’Mac’s finger of death comes up—Orange Nation in a déjà vu seizure stands up in their living rooms and stadium seats... D’Mac is pointing at Cam....... Somewhere Danny Ford on a Pendleton farm is next to a cow, TV screen hung from barn rafter. He stands to watch. Frank Howard rolls over, sits up in his grave, stands and looks on. The curtain of Cemetery Hill is torn in half, and greats like Bank McFadden stand and watch this collision in the making...

A CRUNCH, and a funereal, pale silence falls upon the blue-clad crowd...

...At the end of the play, Newton writhes(shaken badly but not hurt) on the thirty-eight, and a hushed crowd can only hear Pete Yannity somewhere in a radio box yelling “orange in the endzone”. Metaphorically, an “S” is added to the front of Cam’s Name...

Tiger victory. Pat Sullivan the legacy man leaves the sports bar where chaos is breaking loose, goes to a greasy red spot where no one knows his name, orders a pitcher of beer, imbibes, and cries into it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Win or lose, that is great! What the h*ll, WIN!***

Sep 17, 2010, 1:05 PM

WOW. Give me whatever you got! That skeered the ________

Sep 17, 2010, 1:13 PM

out of me... Revelation meets Chick-Fil-A commerical

Now that's a post***

Sep 17, 2010, 1:24 PM

Re: Timeline: Awesome!

Sep 17, 2010, 1:25 PM

I too believe that a "new storm" is going to run for 275+ yards, that Kyle Parker will have a breakout game (3 TD's pass, 1 TD run), Duane Allen will be a problem over the middle, McD will start hitting AUB Tigers like he did late last season, and our "young" receivers will all come to play. We have so many weapons AUB has no idea what has hit them. We score quick, shock the crowd into silence, then put the real beatdown on them. Remember when we played GA Tech, and Spiller and Davis ran all over them and our #12 ranked team embarassed their #13 ranked team on National TV. Awesome! Same outcome tomorrow night. GO TIGERS (CLEMSON THAT IS) !!!

please post more***

Sep 17, 2010, 1:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this Dawson Zimmerman?***

Sep 17, 2010, 2:03 PM

Clemson football isn't fancy. Clemson football is having a good kicking game, winning with the kicking game, hit you on defense, don't turn the ball over and be able to control the ball.
-Danny Ford

Re: Timeline:

Sep 17, 2010, 2:10 PM

WOW

Sep 17, 2010, 2:14 PM

I don't know how long it took you to come up with that, but print it out and mail today to Dabo's office. That will be the best letter he will read Monday morning!!!

The Tigers will win. Clemson that is. It is this team's destiny to go down there and put an ole fashion licking on them Auburn whimps!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Zat choo, Rev?

Sep 17, 2010, 2:23 PM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow...that was amazing.

Sep 17, 2010, 2:24 PM

I just tt'ed myself a little.

OK, am I the only one who

Sep 17, 2010, 2:33 PM

picks up some Cormac McCarthy vibes in this?

I have the same chills now as I do when I read McCarthy

Sep 17, 2010, 4:36 PM

Thats quite the accomplishment

Sep 17, 2010, 2:43 PM

That is writing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

That is one of the most disjointed things I've ever read.***

Sep 17, 2010, 2:43 PM

null

Really? I thought it was pretty vivid. Seriously. ******

Sep 17, 2010, 2:50 PM

null

Wow! Bump!***

Sep 17, 2010, 3:40 PM

This is like Leonard's Losers in long form.***

Sep 17, 2010, 4:40 PM

If only Mark May had strangled Lou Holtz......

Sep 17, 2010, 4:55 PM

this story would be complete. Oh wut the hey POINT (40th).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

now that's a GDMF post, son***

Sep 17, 2010, 6:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Replies: 19
| visibility 1,513
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic