Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What's up with the progressivley negative tone on this board
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

What's up with the progressivley negative tone on this board

Aug 17, 2009, 9:13 PM

I am not a sunshine pumper but I am not a doom and gloom either. It just seems that a lot of people here, are not looking forward to the season. I think they are stuck in last season. Things are not perfect but I don't think anyone can judge anything good or bad until we play a couple of games. Sure would love to see more on the games and less on criticizing and putting down this coach, his staff, players, and other fans. Geez, some of you need a little attitude adjustment.JMHO. GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i agree...

Aug 17, 2009, 9:20 PM

I think a lot of positive, passionate Clemson fans visit this board. Here recently however, a select few have really ruined what used to be an enjoyable read for me. I find myself less and less interested in whats on here by the minute.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's up with the progressivley negative tone on this board

Aug 17, 2009, 9:27 PM

You're not talking to me. I'm all in! We have a great chance to make a huge statement this year and in the future. We have a mission, and I'll bet we accomplish it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They mad that they didn't get CJ Heismann posters***

Aug 17, 2009, 9:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2009, 9:30 PM

I guess there is apprehension because the offense is the same with the same people and this was the weak link, with the exception of Danny Pearman who sounds like a great guy (tough).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...you think THIS is negative?

Aug 17, 2009, 9:33 PM

Wait until our first turnover.

I'm sure a couple on here will criticize the way Dabo has

Aug 17, 2009, 9:37 PM

the team run down the hill. "A more experienced coach would have done it differently".

Aug 17, 2009, 10:06 PM

Two decades of disappointment will do that to you.

quite frankly there's not much to make me believe it'll be..

Aug 17, 2009, 10:15 PM

any different from last year..................and as morbidtiger said im also still upset I did not get a CJ poster.

Why SHOULDN'T you believe that things will be different

Aug 17, 2009, 10:20 PM

under Dabo? If you were willing to believe that Leach or Kiffin would give you something to be positive about, why not Dabo?

Dabo is nothing like Tommy Bowden, and he has given you no reason to think that he is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

#1 no offensive identity.......#2 no offensive line.........

Aug 17, 2009, 10:25 PM

#3 made mass changes on the defensive coaching staff when it was the offense that needed the makeover...........i'm not worried about the defense, but the offense coulda used something other than a 29 year old OC

#4 lack of overall experience at HC and OC

i'm not saying he's anything like tommy, but that doesn't mean we're gonna go undefeated or anything.

Re: #1 no offensive identity.......#2 no offensive line.........

Aug 17, 2009, 10:31 PM

Danny Ford had zero head coaching experience or coordinator experience when hired. And how after 10 days of practice and 2 scrimmages do you know we will not have an offensive "identity" as you say.

that was 28 years ago the game has changed.......

Aug 17, 2009, 10:38 PM

please move on

and napier said "...we will have an offense that fits whatever skill we have......" ".....it'll change year to year."

that's wonderful........introduce a new playbook every year that'll get ya continuity.........I understand his line of thinking, but i'd rather him recruit to his offense rather than change his playbook based on what recruits they happen to get.

Re: that was 28 years ago the game has changed.......

Aug 17, 2009, 10:43 PM

Move on? Schemes have changed but coaching is coaching. And what is wrong with adapting to utilize your best players every year. Gee, this year that means CJ will get the ball more than 10 times a game. Do you want that to happen or should we spread the wealth like last year and throw the Nelson Faerber

They still run,block,tackle,throw,catch & kick. FB is FB.

Aug 17, 2009, 10:45 PM [ in reply to that was 28 years ago the game has changed....... ]

Dabo will get it done, but make no mistake DF could do it today just like he did it from 12/78 to 12/89.

Re: They still run,block,tackle,throw,catch & kick. FB is FB.

Aug 17, 2009, 10:48 PM

You bet he could. The man could coach. We'll see if Dabo can, I personally like what I see. Danny's teams were family, HE had their back. Dabo is the same type of guy

Re: They still run,block,tackle,throw,catch & kick. FB is FB.

Aug 17, 2009, 10:53 PM

Those were without a doubt the best years of Clemson football, and I hope Dabo can change that. Wouldn't that be great, but I will never forget those 11 years. What fun!

Dude, it's just football. As Dabo said, it's not very

Aug 17, 2009, 11:50 PM [ in reply to that was 28 years ago the game has changed....... ]

complicated when you break it down - just blocking and tackling and playing hard. If it were a difficult game, you wouldn't see so many stupid idiots coaching it at all levels.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: that was 28 years ago the game has changed.......

Aug 18, 2009, 2:40 AM [ in reply to that was 28 years ago the game has changed....... ]

exactly.

urban meyer was fool to deviate from his standard playbook when he won a national championship with chris leak at QB.

urban should have had him throwing jump passes and running like tebow.

#2 no offensive line.........How do you solve this?

Aug 17, 2009, 10:32 PM [ in reply to #1 no offensive identity.......#2 no offensive line......... ]

How would any other coach in America have solved this? I just don't see how you can make gold out of straw. So, whether it was Dabo or Joe Blow it is what it is.

Now, hard work and belief in yourself and your team and laying your body out on everyplay might be the only thing you can do. And sometimes outworking the other team and having more passion for what you want to accomplish do pay off.

GO TIGERS!!!

You and others tend to use Dabo's inexperience against

Aug 17, 2009, 10:33 PM [ in reply to #1 no offensive identity.......#2 no offensive line......... ]

him. Continuing that line of thinking, how can you make such huge assumptions before the season has even started? That same "inexperience" has shown you nothing to suggest that you should be down about the season.

How about we get a few games under our belt before we declare that we have no offensive identity, no offensive line, and an offensive coordinator who shouldn't have gotten the job?

Give these guys a chance before you throw in the towel. Dang.

Re: You and others tend to use Dabo's inexperience against

Aug 17, 2009, 10:35 PM

Guess they never heard of a guy named Danny Ford and his lack of experience when hired. then again, they were probably the ones who wanted him fired after 1980

i saw nothing in the last 7 games last year........

Aug 17, 2009, 10:40 PM [ in reply to You and others tend to use Dabo's inexperience against ]

any different from the first 6 of last year.

Re: i saw nothing in the last 7 games last year........

Aug 17, 2009, 10:41 PM

then you are an even bigger idiot than even i imagined.

all that matters is the W's & L's........

Aug 17, 2009, 10:46 PM

he beat Duke, UVA, BC, and USC

BC was a decent win, the other 3 were crappy teams

he got blown out by FSU, beat by GT and Nebraska

to me that's not a resume that says hire me any more than the other candidates TDP "SUPPOSEDLY" interviewed.

but we'll see..........hopefully i'm wrong

Re: all that matters is the W's & L's........

Aug 17, 2009, 10:48 PM

since three tigers left you are the most idiotic sob called tiger fan on this site. congrats.

the facts hurt you so much.....you have nothing else to say

Aug 17, 2009, 10:52 PM

other than name calling.....signs that you bring nothing to the argument

You think this is the same team as that one?

Aug 17, 2009, 11:02 PM

What Dabo was able to achieve last year was pretty impressive considering how bad things could have gotten. His offense was better. His defense was better. The team believed in itself, and didn't quit. The fact he finished above .500 and went to a bowl game was impressive.

Saying that, he wasn't able to make last year's team HIS team. I bet you the offense and defense will look pretty different than the ones you saw last year.

I have no idea if that means he will win more games, but HIS team won't look like last year's team. Well, from a schematic stand point.

But this is a warped persceptive

Aug 17, 2009, 10:53 PM [ in reply to all that matters is the W's & L's........ ]

3 days to get ready for GT. A fight it out win over a quality BC. Another fight it out win over Virginia on the road. A slam of USC. We could have lost every game after TB left if this team had not come together last year. In our middle of the season lurch this team held up pretty good. And I look for more from it with a whole year to implement the new.

at least you bring more to the table than deroberts.........

Aug 17, 2009, 10:56 PM

that UVA game was a pathetic showing, but we did win. IMO we finished no worse than if tommy woulda kept coaching.

but i hope you are right and i'm wrong.......I hope to see BIG change this year.........no worse than 9-3 regular season.

We would have lost HUGE to GT, and BC....

Aug 17, 2009, 11:14 PM

UVA was a bad game, but as you said we won. Under Spence we would have had the same problems and probably would have lost.

remember the spiller throw for a TD? Yeah, Spence would not have called that play.

USC we would have maybe won...maybe. And that's just b/c Tommy seems to own them.

We would not have made a bowl game and the fact we did was amazing.

Re: i saw nothing in the last 7 games last year........

Aug 17, 2009, 10:45 PM [ in reply to i saw nothing in the last 7 games last year........ ]

So you wanted a complete overhaul mid season...you make less and less sense every time I read one of your posts. I saw CJ get the ball alot more. Was that a good thing?

that's great.......but where's the offense??............

Aug 17, 2009, 10:49 PM

we had more sacks given up the last 6 games than the first...........no offensive change was evident and there was ZERO reason that napier shoulda been hired as OC.

Re: that's great.......but where's the offense??............

Aug 17, 2009, 10:55 PM

Playing 4 freshman lineman. What in the world did you expect? Yet we won 4 of those 6, with an immobile, QB who lacked pokcet presence. Where's the offense...we've been practicing 10 days, had 2 scrimmages and just named a starting QB, gheesh...give it a rest. You must be a joy to be around

the scrimmage reports sound the exact same as last year.....

Aug 17, 2009, 10:57 PM

no offense all defense........i do expect the oline will be better, but don't know how much.

Re: the scrimmage reports sound the exact same as last year.....

Aug 17, 2009, 11:03 PM

These scrimmages have been about identifying people. The starting lineup has barely been on the field. QB's have split reps, Ford has yet to play. CJ is just getting in shape. You actually said something somewhat positive. It suits you much better than the constant droning about how bad things are going to be. If you can't be an optimist before the first game, when can you be. Let the house cave in before you condemn the building

Re: the scrimmage reports sound the exact same as last year.

Aug 18, 2009, 2:44 AM [ in reply to the scrimmage reports sound the exact same as last year..... ]

scrimmage reports are nothing more than fluff to occupy the time until real games get here.

let me guess, you also put a lot of stock into nfl preseason games. right?

It's almost as if you are looking for ways to doubt Dabo.

Aug 17, 2009, 11:48 PM [ in reply to i saw nothing in the last 7 games last year........ ]

Have you considered the team he inherited last year? In case you haven't, I will tell you.

We had a team with all the preseason hype, ranked in the top 10, with a bunch of expectations. The season came crashing down, the QB was benched, the coach was fired, and Spiller got injured. The team had little to play for when you think about it. They could've quit. And if they had, I wouldn't have blamed them.

But instead, Dabo led them to an inspired performance against GT with only a few days to prepare. Spiller was hurt, but we still played hard and had a chance at the end to win. We went 4-1 the rest of the way from there, including a nice win against BC, a gutsy effort against UVA, and another dominating win over South Carolina. We played in a New Year's Day bowl for the first time in 8 years, and were very competitive.

I know you probably read the last paragraph and thought all sorts of negative thoughts, like "We are lowering our standards if we feel that way," and "Yeah but that was just a rah rah job by Dabo and he didn't do any real coaching." But please consider that he did what he did with an incomplete staff. He could not reinvent the schemes on offense and defense. Rather, he had to stick with what we had learned under Bowden and try to make the guys play tougher and more inspired. And he did.

This year, we will see a different team. We have a new staff (which is now complete), and a new team of players. These guys have been Dabo's guys for a while. Forget last season if that is what it takes to give Dabo and his staff - as well as these players - a fair chance. Don't be discouraged now, when we haven't even played a game yet. This can be a fun and exciting year if you'll let it.

Judge give em a break, it's all they know...For their whole

Aug 18, 2009, 2:32 PM [ in reply to You and others tend to use Dabo's inexperience against ]

life when they overcooked the fries, spilled the gas or didn't empty the bed pan right, they blamed the boss man

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: #1 no offensive identity.......#2 no offensive line.........

Aug 18, 2009, 2:20 PM [ in reply to #1 no offensive identity.......#2 no offensive line......... ]

Thank goodness the three defensive coaches found good jobs after being shut down. Good luck to all of them. The defense will be good this year again. Class group of players with alot of talent, no matter what scheme they are in.

I can't for the life of me see anything negative about the

Aug 17, 2009, 10:40 PM

QB situation. You have to try real hard to find a way to twist it that way. We've got 3 Elite 11 QB's; not many teams can say that, and we've certainly never been able to. I understand that some people were pulling for Korn, some for Parker, and some for Boyd, but in the end you gotta pull for Clemson. The decision has been made (for now); we should ALL be celebrating our great fortune.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

There are a lot of self-proclaimed "lifelong Tiger fans" on

Aug 17, 2009, 11:29 PM

this board that wear garnet and black and spend their saturdays sucking down doo doo ice in the fall.

Keep chasing those windmills, Steve!

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic