Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Appearantly the First Ammendment doesn't exist here
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Appearantly the First Ammendment doesn't exist here

Feb 9, 2006, 12:40 PM

I made some comments as to my opinion of Cliff Hammonds recent play, or lack of rather, and was deleted. My post had no profanity, nothing that would warrant being deleted except the fact that I was very upset with our apathetic attitude toward losing. We lose because it's not important enough. If it were football people would be going nuts. Purnell's coaching the heck out of them, the school's doing it's part and providing them with an education, it's time the players did their part and stepped up and started winning. Win or go home, we'll find some players that can win! You ain't gotta like my opinion, but facts are facts!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right, it doesn't...

Feb 9, 2006, 12:41 PM

This is a privately owned messageboard. Constitutional amendments don't apply, only the owner's rules, which are stated clearly.

If you don't like it, you are welcome to create your own board and post whatever you like. THAT is constitutionally protected.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I wish there was a 5 point button, I'd give you 5 on that

Feb 9, 2006, 12:44 PM

post.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You go Cata......so true***

Feb 9, 2006, 1:06 PM [ in reply to You're right, it doesn't... ]

You got 16 points for that??;)***

Feb 9, 2006, 1:22 PM [ in reply to You're right, it doesn't... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree that your post shouldn't have been deleted..........

Feb 9, 2006, 12:43 PM

and I agree that Hammonds should make his free throws. But you won't get away with saying negative things about players on tigernet. And telling them to go home is negative. But I have felt the same way about several players myself.

We, we we we we we we we we we we we......

the most overused word by fans.

:)

Never attack individual players. Unwritten rule here and a

#### good one.

I think they need to take a look at that article posted last

Feb 9, 2006, 12:45 PM

night in that case.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think they need to take a look at that article posted last

Feb 9, 2006, 12:55 PM

IMO. I don't see the big deal in what Dan Scott wrote.
Is he just not supposed to mention that Hammonds had an oppurtunity to win the game on the free throw line, and ammend for missing similar FT's against NC St?
Talk about ignoring a 900 pound gorilla in the room?

Let's say Jad Dean misses a 25 yard last second FG against FSU that could have won the game.
A few weeks later, he misses 2 25 yard FG's against Va Tech that could have won the game.

No one could blame the whole loss on him, but it would be hard not to bring it up. I think the article would go like this...

Pity poor Jad Dean.
Given an opportunity to erase a horrible memory from the FSU loss back in September , the Clemson senior failed Saturday night. Not once, but twice.

Dean missed a field goal at the end of regulation that would have put the game away, then missed an extra point in overtime that would have erased a one-point deficit. His misfires - along with a Clemson offense that went into hibernation down the stretch - combined to cost the Tigers a 35-34 defeat at the hands of hostingVirginia Tech Thursday evening.

I don't see this as a personal attack on either player.
Where am I wrong?

It just seems to me that he is pinning the blame on Hammonds

Feb 9, 2006, 12:58 PM

There were a lot of others last night that shared my opinion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know that, everybody seems to think he is

Feb 9, 2006, 1:03 PM

I just don't.
"along with a Clemson offense that went into hibernation down the stretch"
That sounds like passing the blame around to me.
Is it just where he placed the statements? Had he mentioned Hammonds' misses later in the article, would it have been ok? Like I said, it would be hard to ignore the sequence when reporting on the game.

That said, I'm not for personally attacking players. And, I completely agree with Catahoula's response to player91.
I'm just getting my 2 cents in on Dan Scott's article. I don't see it as an attack.

LOL- I love the Freedom of Speech argument on private forums***

Feb 9, 2006, 12:58 PM

null

If you don't like it....LEAVE!!!

Feb 9, 2006, 1:04 PM

There are no first ammendment rights here. This is a Private site. Crump and B-Meist can do what they d@mn well please. Your comments were unnecessary and your presence here is unnecessary.

you can only complain about T-Net if you have an ®.

Feb 9, 2006, 1:08 PM

if you are a free loader then quit complaining.

The Confederate flag is not racist. If you would like to hate a flag based on racist actions that took place under it, perhaps you should focus your energy on the American Flag.
before any of you criticize my sig, please understand the facts

Daggum, I'll even agree with that...***

Feb 9, 2006, 4:02 PM

"Duty is the sublimest word in the English language."- Robert E. Lee
"Strike the tent." - Robert E. Lee's final words
"Better to remain silent and thought an idiot then to speak out and confirm that thought for everyone." - Mark Twain

Clemson Day at the State House:

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic