Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I saw something amazing before the game today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

I saw something amazing before the game today

Nov 6, 2010, 11:32 PM

James Davis was at the lawn at Little John. He talked for a little while, then started signing autogrpahs. He tried to talk as little as possible, being the humble and somewhat reserved guy he is. I got my hat autographed, but right afterward the amazing thing happened.

An elderly man in a wheel chair was doing everything he possibly could to get close to J.D. He was practicaly running people over. He got in the middle of all of us looking for autographs and pictures, right next to the former Clemson tailback. His eyes twinkled, and I could barely hear him tell J.D. "Thank you so much for everything you've done for Clemson University." The man in front of me moved slightly and then I saw something else that shocked me.

The man had no legs. I assume he lost them fighting for our country in some far away place.

I looked at J.D. to see what he'd do. His eyes sparkled as much as the little man in the wheel chair, and a huge smile ran across his face. J.D. leaned down and hugged him, and the second leading rusher in Clemson history uttered, "No sir. Thank you."

What a class act. Freedom isn't free. We can't forget that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or the guy had diabetes...

Nov 6, 2010, 11:35 PM

you never know. It's a better story your way though! ;)

Freedom costs a buck-o-five***

Nov 6, 2010, 11:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a hefty f'ing fee.***

Nov 6, 2010, 11:44 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Freedom costs a buck-o-five***

Nov 6, 2010, 11:56 PM [ in reply to Freedom costs a buck-o-five*** ]

No freedom costs ummmmm bout tree fiddy

I think many people who read this post really don't know the

Nov 7, 2010, 12:09 AM

true cost of freedom. I am a history buff and have studied and the wars we have been involved in and the cost of freedom is very very high.

Nice post!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What freedom? You have to work straight through June

Nov 7, 2010, 12:13 AM

just to pay your debt to the federal and state government. Is that freedom? Sounds more like indentured servitude to me.

If you don't like it then get a passport to North Korea

Nov 7, 2010, 2:16 AM

and get the hell out of the USA.

Re: Come on Charleston Tom...you're bigger than this.

Nov 7, 2010, 10:21 AM [ in reply to What freedom? You have to work straight through June ]

PS: love the weekly video you post breaking down the previous game..with the good and bad plays. You are so smart and should be one of our assistant coaches.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What freedom? You have to work straight through June

Nov 7, 2010, 2:47 PM [ in reply to What freedom? You have to work straight through June ]

You served in the navy. You know what freedom you have. Ask my father what freedom. He was a jap POW for 3 years survived the Bataan Death March DSC, 3 bronze stars and 2 purple hearts and it is why we have the freedom to work from July to Dec and don't give it all to the government.
Help educate others on the issues and get them out to vote the problem will go away. TERM LIMITS. Team DeMint.
Thank a veteran on Nov 11 for his sacrifice for the freedom you have

Message was edited by: CUTIGERTIM®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

Great story. FYI, it's "Littlejohn", not "Little John". *****

Nov 7, 2010, 10:38 AM

null

Replies: 10
| visibility 1