Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I turn 40 today. I have to admit -
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

I turn 40 today. I have to admit -

Jul 21, 2010, 3:34 PM

it’s actually getting to me a bit… I’m feeling a little mellow. That said, I don’t deny I’m blessed way beyond what this sinner deserves!

I have 5 beautiful children and a husband who loves me. I am of relative good health. Though I no longer live in the finest state in the country, I do live in a fitting home on a rolling farm in rural KY. I have my Clemson diploma, as does my husband, every member of my birth family, and most of my closest friends. I like to occasionally see the world through orange-colored glasses and sip a little orange Kool-Aid. My blood definitely runs orange as I’ve faithfully enjoyed CU sports since tot-hood in the early 70’s. I know all about the special-ness of our hills, and our whole family returns to them every game day weekend and any other chance we get. Half our family wardrobe is orange. And we fly tiger paw car flags with pride for at least a week every time we upset a UK basketball team or defeat the big blue in a bowl game.

Kyle Parker or no Kyle Parker, Clemson will still be Clemson and I will always love her with all my heart. But today, I reckon I’ll count Kyle’s announcement as my first birthday present, and be happy. (And I’m one of the Willy Korn fanatics y’all always blast, ergo I don’t even like KP!! ---Clemson and Chuck Norris will never forget you, Willy! ;))

Celebrate w/ me today = Kiss your wives/husbands, love on your kids, thank the Good Lord above we were born into Clemson, and enjoy a cold coke and slice of pecan pie. God is so good!

Dear Old Clemson, we will triumph
And with all our might
That the Tiger's roar may echo
O'er the mountain height.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

5 kids? You guys need to find another hobby...

Jul 21, 2010, 3:37 PM

;)
congrats on 40 (I'm counting down the days till my 40th)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy Birthday from one who enjoyed being in

Jul 21, 2010, 3:40 PM

the Valley student section even before you were born.And many more!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're still just a young punk. I remember 40

Jul 21, 2010, 4:05 PM

If I try really hard. Doesn't stop me from grading at 28 yrs on Wii fitness, though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Great post but I have a question

Jul 21, 2010, 4:07 PM

When do we beat UK in basketball? When do we even play them? Kudos to you though on flying your flags after the Music City Bowl. I grew up in KY and know they probably didn't like that very much.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2010, 4:10 PM

The first game after they won the national title.

one of Clemson's best basketball moments.***

Jul 21, 2010, 6:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, 1979, beat UK in Rupp Arena in NIT.***

Jul 21, 2010, 11:47 PM [ in reply to Great post but I have a question ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kentucky Is Upset, And So Is Mr. Pitino

Jul 22, 2010, 12:23 AM [ in reply to Great post but I have a question ]

November 16, 1996
"For the third straight year, the defending national champion lost its opening game of the season. This time it was third-ranked Kentucky, which lost to 20th-ranked Clemson, 79-71, in overtime tonight."

My husband actually won us barbecue dinners at the only shack worth eating bbq in Lexington, thanks to the gameplay of Harold Jamison and Greg Buckner this night. All the cronies called in the local talk radio station w/ predictions for uk to blow us out by 20-30 points. My husband was the only listener to pick the Tigers, and they laughed at him openly. HA!

Re: I turn 40 today. I have to admit -

Jul 21, 2010, 4:09 PM

Other than living in Kentucky it sounds as if you have the world by the tail. Young, great family, Tons of Clemson connections. Many reasons to be joyful. Don't let becoming forty distract you in any way. I made that move almost thirty years ago and life is good if you let it be. In fact, I think you will find that things will even get better. Age is just numbers. Do all you can to keep your health and report back in forty more years. Odds are good that I want respond!

And lay off the cokes and pecan pie!
Blenheim Ginger Ale is a lot better for you.....as you age!

Sorry about the Kentucky connection. I was up in coal mining country a few months ago (Hazzard) and I truly feel for you.

You go girl!***

Jul 21, 2010, 4:09 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ken

Jul 21, 2010, 4:18 PM

Just retired back to Lake Keowee from Kentucky. Was in both Owenton and Lexington. Where is your home in Kentuckt?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't sweat it. 40 is the new 30.

Jul 21, 2010, 4:25 PM

I'll have an orange kool-aid toast for you come kool-aid:30 later today.

Rural KY is a beautiful place and it sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for.

Happy Birthday, and Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2010, 4:29 PM

loved your post....happy BD

Jul 21, 2010, 4:42 PM

Happy birthday! Go tigers!

Oh, to be only 40 again. ;) Happy Birthday!***

Jul 21, 2010, 5:01 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy birthday!! And, yes, God blesses us way beyond what

Jul 21, 2010, 5:02 PM

we deserve. Thanks for a great post.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

This thread is useless without pics.***

Jul 21, 2010, 5:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last time the coots beat Clemson in back 2 back years,

Jul 21, 2010, 6:09 PM

you were just born.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Jul 21, 2010, 10:44 PM

Happy Birthday! You are the same age as our beloved Tiger Paw. On July 21, 1970, Clemson officially adopted the Paw as the Athletic Logo.

Jul 21, 2010, 10:55 PM

Happy birthday! Don't worry about your age. No matter your age, there will always be a Clemson to pull for. God bless you and your family.

Check your Tmail***

Jul 22, 2010, 9:29 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

M O M ???? what are you doing on here !?!?!?!

Jul 22, 2010, 12:56 PM

this is SO embarrassing.

null

Happy B-day, sweetie. Great post.***

Jul 22, 2010, 3:14 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic