Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To NYTiger03 and a few others
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

To NYTiger03 and a few others

Jul 5, 2010, 1:19 AM

Some of you need to relax, max.

They just won it five days ago, not five weeks, five months, or five years ago.

I was born and bred in South Carolina. I had like a great, great Uncle who played sports at South Carolina. I have distant family members who played sports at Clemson wayyyyy back in the day as well. One of them played baseball in like the 50s, but has passed on now.
I have to deal with coot family members on a weekly basis, and the coot family members I have are NOT good sports, either. They love to dish it out, but cannot take it. If you do not have any coot family members, and are still complaining, you seriously to move on, either way.

One of my coot Uncles has always said that it doesn't bother him to lose to Clemson, and he would rather win the SEC. Well, a couple of years ago my cousin's husband, who is a diehard 'Bama fan, told me the truth one night about my Uncle. He watched a SCAR game with my Uncle. He told me all about how my Uncle was lying his azzzz off about Clemson not bothering him. He said that the game they were watching a coot football game one day, that was tied in the fourth quarter. Clemson was playing at the same time that day, and we were up by a touchdown in the 4th quarter. He told me my Uncle was flipping back and forth, and actually watched the Clemson game more than the SCAR game. My Uncle told him that he would rather see Clemson lose any day of the week, than he would for SCAR to win, and he was more excited seeing the team against us scoring, than seeing South Carolina score. The entire time he was flipping back and forth, he was cursing Clemson using every name in the book, and was rooting more for whoever our opponent was that day, much more than SCAR. And the real shocker he told me is this: "Auburn and Alabama is a bitter rivalry, but I have never seen anyone in Alabama act that serious towards their rival. I have never seen Auburn/Bama this bad, I never knew it was that serious here in South Carolina."

I have dealt with this my entire life. My immediate family is all Clemson, but my extended family is split about right down the middle, between Clemson and SCAR. When we played SCAR the weekend before Thanksgiving, we nearly had a family brawl over the CU/SCAR game. This was in 2000, right after the so called "push-off game." My Aunt, Uncle, and Cousin started walking out the door, after a huge argument about that game, before eating Thanksgiving lunch. My mom got furious, she had put so much effort into preparing that meal. She started yelling at them as they were walking out, and told them this: "No person is guaranteed another day on this earth, and if you guys are all going to leave over what 18-22 year olds do on a field, then you are a sad bunch, and I will never forgive you. What if we have a member of the family that passes away by the next Thanksgiving?"

They decided to change their minds about leaving after that, which was a good thing for them. After this my mom enforced a rule that no Clemson or SCAR game could be discussed on Thanksgiving, any longer.

But, now we play the game after Thanksgiving. When the schools decided to do this, my mom said we could talk football, but no negative talk about any person's team, and no predictions about the upcoming game.

Some people, like them, make these games out like they are a life or death situation, and that is pathetic. Some Clemson fans do the same as well. In the end, all it is is a game, and that is it.

And to put the icing on the cake, my sister went and married a Gamecock fan and alum. I will never escape it. Some of you are annoyed by what is in the paper and on the news and internet, and some of you do not even have Rooster relatives, that you have to face all of the time. If I can deal with it, anyone can. I have no choice but to deal with it in my situation.

People on both sides of this need to put things in perspective, and realize the game of life is much more important than the game of football/baseball. Their baseball title talk will die down little by little every day that goes by, until football season starts.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

describes my coot-loving brother to a T.

Jul 5, 2010, 10:44 AM

"...the coot family members I have are NOT good sports, either. They love to dish it out, but cannot take it."

and of course, he did not attend U. of South Carolina.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Let people live their own lives.If they are that passionate

Jul 5, 2010, 10:59 AM

as fans,I see nothing wrong with that.Everybody needs something to put time and energy into,around here it's either Football or Religion...Thank God for Football!

that's what jebus would do. but when they are in your face

Jul 5, 2010, 11:35 AM

the few times they have something to crow about, it's so zealous that it's hard to think at the time, "oh yeah, now i need to turn the other cheek and get some more of that."

just keep in mind that it's not all in fun, there is no give and take. folks like this can dish it out, but never take it well. it's a one-way street and not pleasant.

you're right of course and it's my failing, I know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

My 9 year old coot daughter hates Clemson so bad....

Jul 5, 2010, 1:03 PM

that any time she comes through and I'm playing as Clemson on the XBOX360 she cheers for the computer.

And yes. I tried the "I forbid you to be a coot fan", but that was vetoed by my wife who hates all college teams.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My 9 year old coot daughter hates Clemson so bad....

Jul 5, 2010, 1:48 PM

My wife is a native of N. Carolina, and yes, she is a Puke fan. She will sit and watch and go to Clemson games with me. She is a very good sport about it, I'm sorry, i could never pull for puke in nothing. And i sure as h$ll would never (not even for a million bucks) pull for usuc even if they were were playing the Taliban national terrorist team.
I swear this is a true story. I was dating this real nice girl when i was 23. That relationship ended the first time i went to meet her parents. Her dad was a coot grad, and i saw war after war breaking out between him and I every time we saw each other. I told her after we left that it would never work between us because her dad was a coot grad. She told me that she hated sports and that me being a die hard Tiger did'nt make any difference to her. I'm a believer that blood is thicker than water. I told her that it would'nt last between us b/c, it would be only a matter of time before i would kick her dads butt over me or him saying something about Clemson or the coots. She did'nt think that would ever happen. I knew in my heart that it would, so when i took her back home, i never went back. I saw here a few months later and she told me that her dad said it was for the best we broke up. And he told her the same thing i said except, he said he would end up kicking my butt.

Re: that's what jebus would do. but when they are in your face

Jul 5, 2010, 2:03 PM [ in reply to that's what jebus would do. but when they are in your face ]

But when ever they do have something to crow about as you say. the terd tumblers want stop. I have told them A holes before that, yes y'all got the best of us that time and hope that we can just move on from there. But them terd tumblers just keep on and on and on and on untill you have to just put their whole history out there for them. Then its an all out war b/c their history is something they do not want to hear. They will say that the past don't matter. And as soon as those words clear their lips, here comes a game they won 6 or 7 years ago. History only counts with them when it works for them. Coots are the dumbest fans in any sport in the entire world. Its their way or no way, and there is no in between unless its working in their favor. Coots can't even reason with each other !!!

+1***

Jul 5, 2010, 10:57 AM

Re: To NYTiger03 and a few others

Jul 5, 2010, 1:48 PM

totally understand, honestly i like to think im more of a realistic clemson fan when it comes to tigernet. i def understand where you are coming from, maybe its that if clemson wasnt there, and it wasnt clemson they beat it wouldnt bother me so much. i guess its because we def defied the odds, came together as a team and worked so hard to get there it hurt a bit, like in the start of the year when many on here we on the fire jack thing, i totally defended him then we made it to omaha. i bleed clemson orange and it is a huge part of my life, spent the best five yrs of my life there, and am still paying for it actaully haha. however i know there is more to life then clemson believe me im in law enforcement and see the worst life has to offer everyday and i am thankful i have a pretty much stable life. but thanks for your post and GO TIGERS!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same Here - Coot Brother

Jul 5, 2010, 10:58 PM

Never went to the school, no affiliation, but in his head he is the 'Super' fan because he never misses a game. Of course, that doesn't mean he goes to the games. Just that he watches or listens. The games he does go to he leaves during the 3rd quarter. I've been with him to games when they played ranked Auburn, Miss St, etc and its the same thing. 3rd quarter, lets go.

I don't rub it in and I never mention the win, however, when Sc wins its a call, text and a few emails..

Sad really...

3 things

Jul 6, 2010, 2:57 PM

#1 - As a Carolina fan I would say that I would rather beat CU than win any championship. That is what makes the rivalry great.
#2 - Auburn and Alabama have a very heated rivalry and they have fans that are just as passionate.
#3 - In my experience, CU has as many obnoxious fans as Carolina does....and as many classy fans as well. I read and hear ugly stuff from both sides.

Go Gamecocks!

You are wrong about one thing........

Jul 6, 2010, 4:06 PM

"Their baseball title talk will die down little by little every day that goes by, until football season starts."

We'll never hear the end of this, especially after our win in November.

Message was edited by: 1983Grad®

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic