Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Worst press release ever - this is what is wrong with CUAD
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 65
| visibility 1

Worst press release ever - this is what is wrong with CUAD

Jun 1, 2010, 10:15 AM

Mediocre bowl game against Kentucky, embarrassing one and done in hoops and TBD in baseball. You should all be offended that this is what the CUAD sees as successful. Totally RIDICULOUS!!!

Clemson one of eight schools to pull off major sport triple

CLEMSON, SC – With Clemson’s selection to the NCAA Baseball Tournament on Monday, the school became one of just eight Division I schools to participate in the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament, the NCAA Baseball Tournament and a football bowl game during the 2009-10 academic year.

Joining Clemson with the accomplishment in 2009-10 are Texas A&M, Texas, Florida, Florida State, Georgia Tech, California and Minnesota. As you can see by the list, the ACC was the only conference in the nation with three schools to do it.

Clemson also accomplished the “Major Sports Triple,” in 2008-09. The only four schools to do it each of the last two years are Clemson, Florida State, Texas and Minnesota.

This is the ninth year Clemson has been to a bowl game, the NCAA Basketball tournament and the NCAA Baseball Tournament in the same academic year. It first occurred in 1979-80 when Clemson played in the Peach Bowl under first-year head coach Danny Ford, reached the Elite Eight of the NCAA Men’s Basketball under Bill Foster, and the College World Series under Bill Wilhelm.

This is the third time Clemson has achieved the feat in at least back to back years. Clemson also did it in 1988-89 and 1989-90 and 1995-96, 1996-97 and 1997-98.

Clemson currently has seven teams ranked in the top 25 of their respective sports, six in the top 16. Football finished 24th in the final AP poll. Women’s indoor track finished seventh and the outdoor team is currently sixth. Their final ranking will be determined by their finish in the NCAA meet in two weeks.

The Clemson rowing team finished 15th at the NCAA Championships, while the women’s tennis team had number-nine seed in the NCAA Tournament. Its final ranking will be announced later this week. The Clemson golf team is ranked 14th in the latest Sagarin computer poll and its final ranking will be determined at the NCAA National Tournament at The Honors Course in Chattanooga, TN this week.

The Clemson baseball team is ranked 16th in this week’s Collegiate Baseball Poll and its final ranking will be determined after the College World Series.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol. Right on cue. ******

Jun 1, 2010, 10:17 AM

null

Im thouroughly embarrassed.

Jun 1, 2010, 10:18 AM

I mean only two teams have won national championships in football and basketball this year alone! I can't believe Clemson was not one of them!

Get a grip man. Get over whatever grudges you have and just chill out, before you embarrass yourself.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Before"? ******

Jun 1, 2010, 10:19 AM

null

Natl Title? I would settle for a tourney win or legit bowl

Jun 1, 2010, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Im thouroughly embarrassed. ]

win... We won the MUSIC CITY BOWL - our hoops team tanked in the postseason again. I am not asking for titles, just relevance on teh national scene.

This is one step above a "participation" award - ridiculous.

Re: Natl Title? I would settle for a tourney win or legit bowl

Jun 1, 2010, 10:24 AM

would you rather be a gamecock?, I can arrange that for you. ;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So would you rather we had

Jun 1, 2010, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Natl Title? I would settle for a tourney win or legit bowl ]

lost the Music City Bowl (like the one we had played in previously)?

Or..

Just not have went to the NCAA Tourney and gone back to a bottom dweller in the ACC?

Yeah I agree this statistic isn't really relevant to much other than to say that our sports teams all around have been winning consistently and thus are getting a bowl invite (and finally winning the bowl game), getting to the NCAA tourney (which we will eventually win a game in), and making it to the postseason in baseball (in which we won a regional last year).

I just don't see why YOU have to sit there and find things to whine and b!tch about all of the time.

Ridiculous questions - no to both - my issue is the CUAD is

Jun 1, 2010, 10:28 AM

making this "Major Sports Triple" out to be something important - it is not. Make and win a legit bowl game. Win a few games in the hoops tourney. Baseball has actually accomplished things in the past worth mentioning - Sweet 16 and CWS appearances.

This press release is a joke.

A joke? I think they were pretty serious. I mean what do

Jun 1, 2010, 10:33 AM

most press releases usually say? I thought they would announce things about the Universities sports teams. Which is what I think they did...I wonder if the other 8 universities which accomplished this sent out the same release? If they did would you be as "embarrassed?"

I understand the purpose of a press release - I just find it

Jun 1, 2010, 10:43 AM

funny that the CUAD is trumpeting this participation award - I think it would be better to say nothing and wait until we accomplish something first.

So you would have rather they not made this particular press

Jun 1, 2010, 10:47 AM

release? I'm just trying to figure out what the big problem with it is. I mean when only 8 teams have done it this year, and only 4 have done so over the past two, that says we are a consistent program and we have been consistently winning. I for one am proud of that fact because the more you win, make bowl games, NCAA tourneys, etc., the better your programs will get.

And whether you think so or not, this is accomplishing "something."

Re: I understand the purpose of a press release - I just find it

Jun 1, 2010, 10:57 AM [ in reply to I understand the purpose of a press release - I just find it ]

Theres probably a hundred D-1 schools who wish they could issue a similar press release. GO TIGERS! GO EXPRESS,PLEASE!

It is a participation award, one that only 8 schools get

Jun 1, 2010, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Natl Title? I would settle for a tourney win or legit bowl ]

seems legit to promote the accomplishment, 112 other schools can't say the same thing

I think it warranted giving ourselves a "pat on the back".

Jun 1, 2010, 10:25 AM

I would have thought more than 8 teams had done it. It's worth mentioning.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After re-reading the press release ............

Jun 1, 2010, 10:25 AM

I agree.....this is a useless, pointless press release detailing the successes of Clemson athletics---when, OH WHEN, are they going to release something that points out ONLY the losses and setbacks.....

We Tiger fans would certainly enjoy hearing of probations of years past (the gamecocks certainly enjoy those stories over and over), poor academic performances by our student-athletes years ago, Clemson athletes getting arrested for exceedingly poor behavior in the past........I mean, I miss all that.,...........don't you????? We really need some negative press releases by our AD

"Sorry, General, I find myself surrounded by idiots."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This release is no more relevant than a negative one -

Jun 1, 2010, 10:29 AM

Major Sports triple - really? Save the releases for when we actually accomplish something.

Here's an idea!!

Jun 1, 2010, 10:35 AM

Why don't you search Rivals.com for all the disgruntled FlaSt, Cal, Minnesota and Texas A&M fans who are whining and bitching about similar press releases from their respective AD's and you can start your own club......Sort of like the "Woman Haters Club" from the Little Rascals shorts years ago.....................you could have your own website, club logo and insignia, maybe even a secret handshake??

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have not checked, but I bet those schools did not issue a

Jun 1, 2010, 10:40 AM

release - most have legit bowl wins and NCAA tourney wins to discuss instead.

Oh, I'll bet they did once they found out.....whassamatter?

Jun 1, 2010, 10:43 AM

you didn't like my suggestion for your club?? Surely you could find like souls in those other camps as well.....then you could commiserate in your collective miseries and get the he!! out of ours

For the record, 0 of the 8 have both a tourney and bowl win.

Jun 1, 2010, 11:06 AM [ in reply to I have not checked, but I bet those schools did not issue a ]

None of the 8 had more than one tourney win, and only three won their bowl games.

Although clearly Texas' loss in the national championship game is a better season than Clemson's winning the Music City Bowl. But, just for the record:

Clemson: 0 Tourney wins, Music City Bowl WinFlorida: 0 Tourney wins, Sugar Bowl Win
FSU: 0 Tourney wins, Gator Bowl Win
GT: 1 Tourney win, Orange Bowl Loss
Cal: 1 Tourney win, Poinsetta Bowl Loss
Texas A&M: 1 Tourney win, Independence Bowl Loss
Minn: 0 Tourney wins, Insight Bowl Loss
Texas: 0 Tourney wins, NC Game Loss

null

Every one of those schools accomplished more than we did...

Jun 1, 2010, 11:10 AM

except maybe Minnesota - but they have a hoops coach that has actually won postseason games, so that still trumps us.

I would be STUNNED if FSU, UF, Texas, GT or Cal puts out a "participation" press release. This smacks of a Tim Borret statistical deep dive to me...

Florida: 0 Tourney wins, Sugar Bowl Win
FSU: 0 Tourney wins, Gator Bowl Win
GT: 1 Tourney win, Orange Bowl Loss
Cal: 1 Tourney win, Poinsetta Bowl Loss
Texas A&M: 1 Tourney win, Independence Bowl Loss
Minn: 0 Tourney wins, Insight Bowl Loss
Texas: 0 Tourney wins, NC Game Loss

Here's how I would rank the eight in "accomplishment"

Jun 1, 2010, 11:53 AM

Although I put a bowl win over a tourney win, I'd still put Texas and GT over us because of the bowls they made.

Minnesota certainly didn't do more than us. Neither did Texas A&M. I can't see arguing that FSU did either, considering the season they had versus ours. Cal lost the Poinsetta bowl.

So, I guess Texas, Florida and GT's post-season accomplishments in football and basketball are better than ours. That's all.

By the way, it's typical behavior on your part to take an accomplishment that only eight schools and the country have done and say "Yeah, but we're the worst of those eight!" Hilarious.

null

Better than bragging about a winning conf record***

Jun 1, 2010, 10:26 AM

Re: Worst press release ever - this is what is wrong with CUAD

Jun 1, 2010, 10:28 AM

> Mediocre bowl game against Kentucky, embarrassing one
> and done in hoops and TBD in baseball. You should all
> be offended that this is what the CUAD sees as
> successful. Totally RIDICULOUS!!!

I'm going to assume all of you were 4.0 ALL the way through school, right? That is if any of you even have an education............but then one should never equate education with intelligence, especially after all the lame comments about something darn few universities accomplish.

Surely fans of the other 100+ schools will now call for

Jun 1, 2010, 10:34 AM

their AD's to be fired. ;)

Where is that ignore button?***

Jun 1, 2010, 10:40 AM

Shocker, you don't like something the CUAD has done

Jun 1, 2010, 11:01 AM

It would take someone jaded and grinding their ax to not realize what was meant by the original press release. It wasn't "HEY WE WE WERE AWESOME IN ALL SPORTS THIS YEAR!!!". It was, clearly, "All told we did pretty well this year in the big 3."

The achievement listed isn't mind-blowing, but it is something that not a lot of other schools achieved, and is worth noting.

Now then, continue on with your ax-grinding.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need to keep our mouths shut until we accomplish

Jun 1, 2010, 11:07 AM

something worth putting out a press release about. Sorry that my opinion makes you so angry. It is not anti-Clemson... actually, I am asking more of the CUAD than you are - does that make me a bigger fan than you?

Why don't you follow your own advice and keep quiet until

Jun 1, 2010, 11:10 AM

you accomplish something? As it stands, you haven't had an original thought on this venue in years.

"It is not anti-Clemson... actually, I am asking more of the CUAD than you are - does that make me a bigger fan than you?"
No, that's just something you think when you measure your personal self-worth on your assessment of a handful of college teams.

null

Whatever Wookie - quit trolling my posts for points...

Jun 1, 2010, 11:13 AM

You pile on me every time I post on here. I must be getting to you.

I am demanding more of our AD and CUAD than you are - you accept their "participation" press releases and "hire on the cheap" coaches and keep talking about your "get feelings" that we will improve. That is not a fan - that is a supporter. A FAN demands more of their team and leadership. A supporter accepts what they are given. You are a great supporter - I am a great fan!

"I AM A GREAT FAN!!!!"

Jun 1, 2010, 11:15 AM

Goodness dude. Stop and listen to yourself.
You are coming across as a 13 year old with that sort of talk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your sig...***

Jun 1, 2010, 11:16 AM

Yeah, I cracked up when I saw it.***

Jun 1, 2010, 11:17 AM

That 10-second sig explains about as much as the show itself***

Jun 1, 2010, 11:47 AM

You absolutely get to me. I thought that was obvious.

Jun 1, 2010, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Whatever Wookie - quit trolling my posts for points... ]

I can't stand people like you who equate their own self-worth with the degree to which they "demand" (demand meaning "whine on anonymous internet message boards") excellence from a particular college sports team.

You are also right that I consider myself a "fan" (or as you call it, a "supporter") versus a "share holder" (or as you laughingly call it, a "fan"). At the end of a 9-4 season, I am left with tons of great memories about the players, coaches, fans and friends. You are left with angry bitterness that to accept such a "mediocre" season means that you are less of a person. I do not claim to be a "fan" of Clemson and then turn around and demand some sort of return on my investment...or, more to the point, I get that return every season with all the fun I have. That's not to say that I want to watch 3-9 football, but if you did not enjoy this past season, I can't imagine being you. When the coach is shown to be over his/her head, I state as such (as I did with McKinney in women's basketball, the former interim soccer coach and the current women's soccer coach). Of course, I do so much more respectfully than you do, and with the caveat that I don't really know the nuances of the situation.

And I do not care about points. I care about the pollution you post on this message board. Oh, and if you get some sort of self-satisfaction that you "get to me", I'm okay with that...I think you need it.

null

You have me pegged totally wrong - I could care less what

Jun 1, 2010, 12:00 PM

you or anyone else on here thinks about my opinion. And how do you think I get self-worth from my posts on here? That could not be further from the truth.

I find myself in a constantly defensive position on here because many on here pounce on every post I make, call me names, call me a coot and tell me to go away... I am just looking for some friendly give and take... especially since I seem to see things radically differently than many of you on here.

I am glad if I "get to you" because maybe that will get you to back down and quit taking every post I make and changing the subject to me instead of the subject of my post.

Tigernet is a entertaining diversion for me during my day - usually when I am stuck on a mind-numbing conference call or during busy-work portions of my day. When folks like you get crazy fired up about my posts, it makes me wonder why you are getting so upset about stuff on a message board...

Fair enough

Jun 1, 2010, 12:04 PM

But some of us wonder why you'd get so worked up over a simple little press release.

You've only made one post here in the past year.

Jun 1, 2010, 12:09 PM [ in reply to You have me pegged totally wrong - I could care less what ]

In response to anything that has happened you have made one post. Basically, that post is that Barker and especially TDP are terrible and should be fired. So yes, when you post, I point that out. If you don't see that, I'm not sure what to tell you. How you call yourself a Clemson fan is beyond me, because you never miss an opportunity to bash people who are associated with the school. And no, you don't have to sing their praises all the time, but they ARE part of Clemson. They have committed more of their lives to the school than you ever will. That doesn't mean always agree with them, but quite frankly, when you find nothing but fault in everything they do, why would any of us want to count you among the fans? I mean, you realize you're screaming about a press release concerning Clemson being one of eight schools to reach the post season in all three major sports? That doesn't give you pause?

When folks like you get crazy fired up about my posts, it makes me wonder why you are getting so upset about stuff on a message board...

The same reason you snap back at me. Because there are real people behind these posts. I'm not sure why people think that a public internet message board "doesn't count" in terms of interaction. Maybe because it's anonymous.

null

TDP does need to be fired...

Jun 1, 2010, 12:23 PM

So when he puts out a release as weak as this one, I want to point out again how weak he is.

That is not the only thing that I post - you need to hit the boards more often. I posted a number of times last week saying that Leggett should be cut some slack based on past successes.

I like Dabo but did not like the hire.

I like Brownell but did not like the hire.

I have posted a number of times about positive encounters I have had with current and former athletes as well as fans in the airport just last week.

I am not the only one beating teh "TDP must go" drum... but I definitely got on board with it long before many others on here did.

TDP is weak and he needs to go - if you do not agree, then quit jumping on all my posts - feel free to read the sunshine pumpers posts instead.

Re: TDP does need to be fired...

Jun 1, 2010, 1:03 PM

and express needs to be banned. bet i can get more votes than you.

Banned for what - disagreeing with you?***

Jun 1, 2010, 1:10 PM

You "could" care less? Or couldn't care less? Those

Jun 1, 2010, 2:10 PM [ in reply to You have me pegged totally wrong - I could care less what ]

are two different things.

I mean both - that is how I roll!!!***

Jun 1, 2010, 2:17 PM

You also obviously don't understand the definition of

Jun 1, 2010, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Whatever Wookie - quit trolling my posts for points... ]

the word "participation."

It must be interesting to post all day when you don't comprehend the meanings of so many of the words that you use.

A few things

Jun 1, 2010, 11:14 AM [ in reply to We need to keep our mouths shut until we accomplish ]

1) I'm far from angry, don't think so much of yourself as to believe your opinion will effect my attitutde

2) I didn't say you were anti-Clemson. You, clearly, have a problem with the CUAD as evidenced by your repeated posts all of them negative in nature.

3) As for the release, you are reading way too much into it. This is a fun piece of trivia which does reflect that our "big 3" teams succeeded in doing something that is a relative rarity.

4) Don't play the "bigger fan" card. I've never claimed to be a bigger fan than you or anyone else, because doing so on the internet simply makes you look silly, boastful, and immature.

Well, let's take a look here.....

Jun 1, 2010, 11:08 AM

Let's start by ignoring the fact that only 7 percent of the colleges in the country can make this claim...

Of the remaining schools:

Texas A&M: Whipped by JawJaw in the Steveport Bowl, lost 2nd round NCAA

Texas: Stomped by Bama in the title game, Lost 1st round NCAA

Florida: Won Sugar Bowl, Lost 1st round in NCAA

Florida State: Won the Gator Bowl, Lost in first round of NCAA

Georgia Tech: Trounced by Iowa in the Orange Bowl, Lost 2nd round of NCAA

California: Whipped by Utah in the Poinsettia Bowl, Lost 2nd round of NCAA

Minnesota: Won the Champs Bowl, lost the first round of NCAA.

So, taking their performances into account:

One team fared worse than Clemson did

Three teams fared the same as Clemson

Three teams fared better in basketball but worse in football

NO teams fared better in both football and basketball.

Personally, I can see where that's something to note.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't agree with express13's attack on the CUAD to get his

Jun 1, 2010, 11:20 AM

way but I do agree that a release like this is kinda self-serving. I would rather see: Clemson wins ACC Championship and is the first team in the ACC to have X number of titles.

I also think the football team took a step in the right direction, so beating KY was needed and big for setting up Dabo's second season. GO TIGERS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course its self serving

Jun 1, 2010, 11:24 AM

Aren't all press releases self serving?
:)

Could we serve ourselves better then?

Jun 1, 2010, 11:26 AM

That is my whole point here? It would be better to say nothing than to make a big deal out of a participation award.

Its an achievement

Jun 1, 2010, 11:29 AM

Its not something to be harping on 10 years down the road, but during a lull in sports its a minor little press release which mentions an achievement that less than 10% of the schools can claim.

And yes, no matter what you say, it is an achievement. Just enjoy it for what it is while still wanting to do better.

Seems like you know a lot about participation awards. Talk

Jun 1, 2010, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Could we serve ourselves better then? ]

the talk but can't walk the walk.

Beating Kentucky was needed? That statement alone shows

Jun 1, 2010, 11:25 AM [ in reply to I don't agree with express13's attack on the CUAD to get his ]

how irrelevant our football program has become. Our completely inexperienced coach is using a bowl win over a weak SEC team to propel his team into next season? Are you listening to yourself?

Are you listening to yourself? Throwing out the glass is

Jun 1, 2010, 11:30 AM

half empty rather than half full vibes. We went to ACC Championship game and missed going to the Orange Bowl on a play or two. So, no we are not irrelevant but up and coming with a hot, young coach!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I haven't seen where Dabo is using that win for motivation..

Jun 1, 2010, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Beating Kentucky was needed? That statement alone shows ]

And at year two in his head coaching career I wouldn't call him "completely inexperienced" anymore. While I am a moderate Dabo fan (I choose to be more of a "team" fan than a "coach" fan), I would say that he won as many games in his first year as Bowden did in his best year, so that is a good start to his head-coaching career.

Not trying to pile on, but I haven't seen anything to say that Dabo is using a MCB win to propel the team into this year, not to say that it's not out there. I'm sure most coaches say something to the effect of "It was a great win, and a great springboard to next season" following a bowl win, regardless of the bowl or the opponent. Was it a good building block? Sure. We got beat by the same Kentucky team a few years prior, so it was nice to get a little revenge and also to show up and play well in a bowl game which we haven't done in a few years. Dabo is a very fiery guy and a "rah-rah" guy, but I also think he's smart enough to realize that was last year's team and this year's is different. FWIW, unless it's the NC game, I think the biggest benefit (money aside) from bowl games is the exposure for recruiting, in which case a win never hurts.

Re: Beating Kentucky was needed? That statement alone shows

Jun 1, 2010, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Beating Kentucky was needed? That statement alone shows ]

Do you, by any chance, have a picture of yourself as you walked across the stage to receive your diploma from Clemson? I also would like to know the name of your IPTAY rep. if you have that info available. You may, or may not be a fan. Your posts indicate to me that you are a dreamer who lives in lala land!

Are you talking about me or express13? I graduated in 1988

Jun 1, 2010, 1:28 PM

with a degree in history and was active in my local Clemson Club, the Coosawhatchie Club (serving both Allendale and Hampton counties) until I moved to West Columbia about 2 years ago. I am now a member of both the Columbia and Lexington Clemson Clubs. I give to the alumni association and I have also been a member of IPTAY since I graduated. I have served on a board at Clemson and I try to attend every football game at home and many on the road. Do you need anymore other than I think this year is going to be big for us in football (I guess that qualifies me for lala land?)I don't know much about express13. Hope that helps!

I can send you a T-mail with my rep info if interested. I do have a picture somwhere with me getting my degree and shaking hands with the "great demon" president of Clemson: Max Lennon.

GO TIGERS!!!!!

You da man!!!

Jun 1, 2010, 1:34 PM

All the same apply to me as well sir.

Re: Are you talking about me or express13? I graduated in 1988

Jun 1, 2010, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Are you talking about me or express13? I graduated in 1988 ]

Obviously expresso was my target. I have never questioned you faithfulness to the University.

Thanks for making it clear, I thought this was so.***

Jun 1, 2010, 1:43 PM

Go Tigers! Keep that Express Train Running!***

Jun 1, 2010, 12:26 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reality is we will never be like Florida. Winning a

Jun 1, 2010, 1:03 PM

championship in two sports such as football, basketball and/or baseball in the same academic year is never going to happen here. Ever. So this "triple success" is a great accomplishment in my opinion.

Re: Reality is we will never be like Florida. Winning a

Jun 1, 2010, 1:33 PM

Again, there are many schools that can make that same statement. I really don't want Clemson to be like Florida or any one else for that matter. What we have accomplished is noteworthy and I, like you, think it is within reason to boast of those accomplishments.
Remember when UCLA was the king of college basketball? They had a super football program at the same time. What have they done for me lately? I like Clemson and glad that I am a Clemson man. I take great delight that everyone in this small village where I live know that I am Clemson and proud of it. I know there are many who envy my love of Clemson but none who would admit it. I think I'll go jump in my Orange pickup and ride down main street just for the heck of it! GO TIGERS!

This kind of press helps recruiting...

Jun 1, 2010, 1:31 PM

Pure and simple. It will likely get picked up by many media outlets in our primary recruiting area, and is the type of news item that resonates with prospective athletes and their parents when deciding on colleges.

Obviously you can't bring yourself to admit it, but this IS an accomplishment. I think we'd all rather have won a league or national championship in one of these sports than simply been good enough to be ranked and make it to the postseason. It seems to me like we're on our way there.

And good luck ever finding USC on this list. In my eyes, that's yet another win over our rival, and I'll take it.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same ole, same ole worthless comments from express13

Jun 1, 2010, 4:05 PM

i do not read all your comments, nor do i intend to, but you are just a whiner. that is all, a whiner...

Re: Worst press release ever - this is what is wrong with CUAD

Jun 1, 2010, 4:09 PM

Be happy!!! Gives you something else to moan and groan about. BTW, was there anything in the release that wasn't true? Thought so.

Only thing worse that the release is the defense of it...

Jun 1, 2010, 4:16 PM

Come on folks - this is a meaningless trumped-up statistic from Tim Bourret - nothing more. I think we should put out press releases when we do something important.

Over the past two seasons, we have lost in a semi-legit Bowl(Gator) and won a meaningless bowl(Music City).

In basketball, we got trucked by Missouri and beat by Michigan - both in the first round of the NCAAs.

Jack Leggett should be offended that his team that legitmimately competes and wins in the postseason is mentioned in the same press release as these other sports.

These "great moments in Clemson sports history" should NEVER be remembered - much less spun up into a meaningless press release acting like things are good when they obviously were not.

Come on!!!

Replies: 65
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic