Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OUR Team! OUR Coach!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1,419

OUR Team! OUR Coach!

Dec 7, 2009, 4:03 PM

Before I start, I am crushed that we are not the official ACC Champions. However, the entire team deserves our support. We, as Tiger supporters cannot decide to quit because we are disappointed. Were we even supposed to be at the ACC Championship game this year? According to many ESPN commentators, we were done after the Maryland loss! Our Guys showed up, they played with all their heart and soul, what more can we ask of them?
Dabo Swinney has done an amazing job, especially for his first full year. Mr. (Jr.) Bowden never accomplished what Dabo has in all the years he was a Tiger. In my opinion, Dabo showed us what a coach is supposed to be and how respect and honor is what is important. He cared about the team as individuals and players and he cared about us- the Tiger faithful. They have ALL EARNED our respect, every one of them.
We cannot allow the commentators, reporters, or Gamecock fans to make us feel bad about our season.
The Clemson Tigers are still the Atlantic Division ACC Champions and we should be considered number 2 in that conference. The toilet bowl bid is a slap in the face, I agree and shame on everyone involved in the selection process. Someone needs to stand up and fix the mess! A mess is a mess, whether we benefit from it or not. We have been on both sides, but it is time to stand up and say NO MORE!
But, not showing up to support the team should not be an option!
I am a hard working single mother of a college student. I spent a lot of $$ to travel to Tampa and would do it again. 2 days after Christmas and 3 weeks after Tampa, it is going to be tough to pull out another expensive trip... But- My heart is with those Men on that field, they play for us. Please do not let them down! I know I will not! I am back at work today, tired and with no voice- but those were 60 hours I would not ever trade because I supported OUR Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OUR Team! OUR Coach!

Dec 7, 2009, 4:09 PM

Well said!!!

Perfectly said, great post....GO TIGERS!!!!!***

Dec 7, 2009, 4:12 PM

Dec 7, 2009, 4:16 PM

Well said....I was at the game in 2006, i guess I will be back there this year.
If you doubt, look for me at BB Kings.

Dec 7, 2009, 4:24 PM

that was well said wish all tiger fans would be like this no matter what the score or record is GO TIGERS!

Well said.***

Dec 7, 2009, 4:28 PM

I didn't vote for him***

Dec 7, 2009, 4:29 PM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Dec 7, 2009, 4:33 PM

I live in Nashville so I will be there to represent for sure. Although I wish we were in a better bowl, I still look forward to having the Tigers in my town.

So you're single?***

Dec 7, 2009, 4:37 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So you're single?***

Dec 7, 2009, 5:12 PM

Yes, a single Tori Amos fan!

Dec 7, 2009, 4:40 PM

Obed, tie a brick around your neck and jump in Lake Wylie*****

Dec 7, 2009, 5:10 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

... and OUR School

Dec 7, 2009, 4:42 PM

Let's show the team and players they have our full support. Show them we support one another in tough times. Proud to be a Clemson Tiger.

Need some motivation, look at what CJ did last year. Turned down a chance for the NFL because he loves this school.

Re: ... and OUR School

Dec 8, 2009, 10:09 AM

ABSOLUTLEY! They deserve our full support. These are not BAD times, we have had our share, but from my viewpoint-this year is not included! We have a Coach that cares and devotes himself to the Team and making it stronger. We have had a great showing from the entire team, every one of them have shown the spirit it takes to be a true Tiger! I am so PROUD! (*Jacoby and Michael- you get my accolades as well!)

OUR Beer!***

Dec 7, 2009, 4:42 PM

Dec 7, 2009, 5:22 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YOU KNOW IT!!!***

Dec 7, 2009, 5:24 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OUR Team! OUR Coach! & CJ!

Dec 8, 2009, 9:43 AM

C.J. SPILLER, you have earned my gratitude and respect. You are a winner on and off the field. Thank you for providing us all a lesson in humility, honor, and passion. I am honored to wear ORANGE and call myself a Tiger. You have led by example and truly are a class act. You will not be forgotten!

This is a GAME...are your priorities in line?

Dec 8, 2009, 10:16 AM

Its not like they are fighting the Russians and you expect everyone to support them! If folks decide that they would rather spend their hard earned money on something other than the Music City Bowl then its no slap in the face to the team. I didn't go support our team in Columbia...not because I didn't want to support them but because I didn't want to spend the money. I watched the game on TV. I didn't go to Tampa because I didn't want to spend the money...not because I didn't want to support them. In hard economic times, each person has to decide if they feel what's best for them and their family. Its not WAR...its a GAME!

Re: This is a GAME...are your priorities in line?

Dec 8, 2009, 10:45 AM

Yes, my priorities are very much in line. I did not intend to suggest that if you are not present in body that you are a supporting fan. We all have to balance our finances and yes, it is a tough economy! I am not able to attend every away game either.
I wrote this post because I heard someone I respect very much suggest that maybe "we" should boycott the bowl game. Then went on to predict that there would only be a couple thousand Tiger fans in attendance, I was saddened by this. I hate for a team that has given so much to go out without the support Clemson fans are known for providing. Are we not considered one of the best traveling group of fans?
I have heard from fans that travel to every game- home or away- that they will not attend this bowl game because "Clemson got the shaft".
My point is, if they Team plays, then the fans should support them and we Clemson fans are famous for our support!
We travel, we stay home and have or go to game watching parties with our family and friends, or we watch alone at home~ but we SUPPORT!

Replies: 19
| visibility 1,419
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic