Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OK. Im going to get majorly flamed, but here goes:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1,810

OK. Im going to get majorly flamed, but here goes:

Jan 6, 2005, 2:29 PM

So there is a thank you card for Justin Miller. I sure wish I was headed for millions of guaranteed $$$$ and would get a thank you. In fact, why is he more special than any other Clemson athlete, for that matter regular student? Heck, he got a free scholarship to school. I sure didnt. In fact Im still paying debt for my tuition. Regardless of that fact, what makes him more deserving of a thank you over a guy who sits on the bench and never plays? They put in the same time in practice, school, and commitment. I dont know, maybe Im sort of jaded, but I think all our athletes and students at times need a thank you. I dont see what separates a kid headed for millions of dollars from anyone else. Flame me if you want, it wont change my opinion.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No Flame Here

Jan 6, 2005, 2:31 PM

I don't think he is any more deserving than most other athletes. I think what brought it up was the way he handled himself while here and while leaving.

Does he deserve a thanks? Yep. Does everyone else who represents Clemson well? Yep.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OK. Im going to get majorly flamed, but here goes:

Jan 6, 2005, 2:33 PM

Come on.....you've never got a card or letter saying "Thank you, but you're no longer welcome at our establishment"?

;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was thinking the exact same thing last night, but didn't

Jan 6, 2005, 2:39 PM

think it was worth posting with all the blasting I thought I would recieve.

I was feeling sort of bad for all the Seniors on the team, both the ones that played and the ones who helped others get better in practice.

I take it a step further and think it is an issue all over society.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks you card for Pauly.....

Jan 6, 2005, 3:28 PM

JK

:)

I agree, everyone should be thanked for their contributions.

Another part of Spurrier's plan...

Jan 6, 2005, 3:32 PM

he is secretly behind the card...wants to make the rest of the team feel unloved and unwanted.

;)

Re: Another part of Spurrier's plan...

Jan 6, 2005, 3:57 PM

I don't know about anybody else but i think that was funny. Point to ya!

It is a gesture that says...

Jan 6, 2005, 3:33 PM

we aren't angry at you for leaving early and giving up your senior year. I personally think it is a fine way to show Justin and other highly talented players that they are welcome at Clemson and if they are good enough to go out early, more power to them. And I agree that we should equally appreciate our other athletes who represent us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

....you are more important that the rest. ;)***

Jan 6, 2005, 3:35 PM

he was more important than, say, Fletcher Anderson

Jan 6, 2005, 3:37 PM

no offense, Fletch, you know how I kick it

Re: he was more important than, say, Fletcher Anderson

Jan 6, 2005, 4:05 PM

Ok, i'm going to have to step in here b/c Fletch is my cousin.

But since you randomly brought up his name you should know that he 1)Served as student body president last year (and did a darn good job) 2) Was extremely active in the school 3) was a great ambassador of the university 4) was a great student 5) and he kicked the 63rd and final point in the 2003 USC game.

All in all, he was someone everyone could look up to while he was in college and had a huge positive influence on the school, not to mention he went to practice everyday for 5 years and only saw the field once. You could make a strong argument he is more important than Justin Miller, football player or not.

I know this...was strictly talking on the football field***

Jan 6, 2005, 4:11 PM

are ya kissin cousins?***

Jan 6, 2005, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Re: he was more important than, say, Fletcher Anderson ]

Re: are ya kissin cousins?***

Jan 6, 2005, 4:33 PM

No.

Hate to disappoint you.

But he couldn't care less what you think...

Jan 6, 2005, 4:10 PM [ in reply to It is a gesture that says... ]

He's going to be a millionaire.

what is this, a feel good post?

Jan 6, 2005, 3:36 PM

Justin Miller brought a ton of attention to our program, unlike some bench warmer that never played...also, he was am extremely highly recruited kid that chose to play for Clemson instead of TN, FL, Notre Dame, etc...he led the conf in picks, as a freshman, and broke national records this year as a KR...I don't see a problem with the card as Justin was a major contributor to our success the past three years...these thank you cards are generally reserved for special occasions, like Willie Simmons transferring, etc...I expect we'll see one again when Charlie is done in Tiger Town

Re: what is this, a feel good post?

Jan 6, 2005, 3:49 PM

Why does it matter how much money he makes regarding a thank you? Just wondering.

I have no problem thanking Justin b/c i enjoyed like hell watching him play while he was here, he was exciting to watch and helped us win a lot of football games... for that I am thankful.

I have no problem thanking anyone involved with the tiger football team because they bring me a lot of joy in the fall.

That being said, those guys involved should have no problem thanking any of us b/c we are the ones cheering our ##### off every game!

I was hoarse after the WF game, the GT game and the NCSt

Jan 6, 2005, 3:59 PM

game. I was hoarse by the end of the 1st Q of the coot game, but I will admit, I yohooed at that one.

Re: I was hoarse after the WF game, the GT game and the NCSt

Jan 6, 2005, 4:11 PM

haha, i was so excited at the USC game i almost woo hoooed, but i caught myself thank god.

Good thing noone heard me... I'm very anti-woo hoo

Re: what is this, a feel good post?

Jan 6, 2005, 3:51 PM [ in reply to what is this, a feel good post? ]

I agree...there is a huge difference between someone sitting on the bench (they could have sat on a bench anywhere in the country) and Justin Miller. If we ever hope to hold another National Championship we better be grateful for and hope for more players like Justin!

We should thank all the people that make Saturdays more

Jan 6, 2005, 3:57 PM

enjoyable.

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Jan 6, 2005, 4:06 PM

It seems you are just a wee bit envious.

Personally, I don't give a fart how much someone makes. I make it on my measley salary and feel good about it because I have family and kids and I'm alive.

What's the gripe for? He was a good student, he did his time and played well. Congrats and move on.

Thank you Pauly !***

Jan 6, 2005, 4:31 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

are you bitter that he has a chance to make millions?

Jan 6, 2005, 4:34 PM

if so, that is the sad part

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did I say that?

Jan 6, 2005, 4:41 PM

I knew some smart ### would say that. Im only making a valid point, and stirring up some debate. Ive been around this university for a long time, and think that its SAD when you peolpe only congratulate those who are going to the NFL!

you're the one that mention millions and how you still owed

Jan 6, 2005, 5:00 PM

money...

another thing...this is a SPORTS page that talks about sports.

why call me names when I'm bringing up a VALID point too....geez you must be sensitive to people that make money

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, I live in a commune with my hippy communist friends

Jan 6, 2005, 5:13 PM

and we hate people that make money. LOL!

Actually Pauly, I agree with you. In addition to your

Jan 6, 2005, 4:45 PM

comments I just want to add we must get star juniors to return for their senior season to really get back to where we once were. At least it would certainly help. Good post Pauly.

I agree the seniors all deserve a thank you card but so does

Jan 6, 2005, 4:51 PM

JM for what he has done over the past 3 yrs. He is a great representative of our university and hope to see a new indoor practice facility or such named after him on campus someday. He is a true tiger and went about things the right way. He was a good student and will get his degree. I wish all of the seniors good luck they all deserve it, whether they played sports or not.

Jan 6, 2005, 5:37 PM

Becuase Football and our ACC conf. affiliation in baskeball pay for the entire budget of the athletic department plus contribute back to the general budget of the school. Football players like Justin Miller help generate millions in revenue and in turn receive a scholarship that is of no where close to the value of what they generate.

Mine and your prescence at Clemson University probably didn't mean a darn thing to the school and I can only speak for myself by saying I'm sure that Justin's contributions through athletics will far outweigh whatever I give back to the school.

Thanks Justin Miller for great play.

Jan 6, 2005, 6:16 PM

"Thanks for the big hits. Thanks for the interceptions. Thanks for the punt and kickoff returns. Thanks for playing with enthusiasm and great skill. I really enjoyed watching you play. You helped Clemson to some huge wins and I appreciate the part you played int those wins. Thanks for being a good enough player that you brought some positive attention to the football program at Clemson. I'll always be proud you were a Tiger. When you get drafted and they mention you are from Clemson, I'll appreciate it. You'll always be a Tiger. Come back and help us when you can.

Harley"

That's the thank you I think Justin Miller earned from me. We only give 25 schollies a year. Relatively few of them are as well spent as the one we gave Justin Miller. Beats me how you could follow Clemson football and resent the fact so many of us appreciate the career player that Miller was to us.

I've already thanked Rigsby. I've thanked a lot of the guys who wear orange. Your attitude is a bit of mystery to me. On the tuition deal...I'd guess that if you (or I) worked as hard on our academics as Miller worked on his athletics, we'd have gotten a free ride too. Doesn't seem right to resent a guy for having some talent and working his butt off to get the most out of it.

Harley
Harley

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1,810
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic