Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
**Everyone Read/Rendrick Taylor: Setting the Record Straight
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

**Everyone Read/Rendrick Taylor: Setting the Record Straight

Feb 27, 2008, 11:03 PM

Some thoughts that Rendrick asked me to impart to everyone. If anything, this is a perspective building piece.

Thank you for taking the time to read.

http://goclemsontigers.blogspot.com/2008/02/rendrick-taylor-setting-record-straight.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chuck Norris frequently signs up for beginner karate classes, just so he can "accidentally" beat the s*it out of little kids.

I don't always agree with Coby but I do here. Good Job.***

Feb 27, 2008, 11:07 PM

I think Rendrick is a great player and person

Feb 28, 2008, 12:12 AM

but I do not think it is your job Coby to go and spew this all over the internet under the veil of a favor. If players have a problem with the way things are portrayed, which he might and rightfully so, it should be handled in house through statements, etc. Not through some blog.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tigertown

It's all there for you to see

Feb 28, 2008, 12:20 AM

There's no veil. Rendrick asked me to post something, so I did.

Chuck Norris frequently signs up for beginner karate classes, just so he can "accidentally" beat the s*it out of little kids.

Friends ask me to do things

Feb 28, 2008, 12:23 AM

sometimes that I don't do...All I am saying is that there were better ways to handle this

Message was edited by: tigertown26®

Tigertown

That's your perrogative, for sure***

Feb 28, 2008, 12:24 AM

???

Feb 28, 2008, 1:52 AM [ in reply to Friends ask me to do things ]

My friend, get over it. He can post whatever he wants. End of story.

Re: ???

Feb 28, 2008, 2:27 AM

and I can post my opinion of it

Tigertown

Re: **Everyone Read/Rendrick Taylor: Setting the Record Straight

Feb 27, 2008, 11:11 PM

nah coby D, players don't read message boards.
pfffffft.

This was a good read I'll say, and needed for some here. One reason (of many) that you'll never see me put down a player of any sport here. No good can come of it.

There are a lot on here defending him too...

Feb 27, 2008, 11:11 PM

doesn't necessarily make up for the XBOX coaches, but there are positives to be found.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good work coby***

Feb 27, 2008, 11:13 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought it was kind of funny.

Feb 27, 2008, 11:14 PM

You can't be so sensitive if you're going to be an athlete. I think he misinterprited a lot of what I read on here. I didn't think people were insinuating it was selfish. Just that he was never able to pan out because of his injuries.

Also, it seemed like a character defense peace and no on was impugning his character. If anything some of these dorks on here were lusting over the kid with his shirt off.

"Duty is the sublimest word in the English language."- Robert E. Lee
"Strike the tent." - Robert E. Lee's final words
"Better to remain silent and thought an idiot then to speak out and confirm that thought for everyone." - Mark Twain

Clemson Day at the State House:

Re: I thought it was kind of funny.

Feb 27, 2008, 11:16 PM

on the point he was misinterpreting it..

the best way for an athlete to not misinterpret it is to not say it to begin with. Is that really so hard for people to understand? It's like whining about a judgement call by officials... don't give them the chance to make the call.

I didn't think it was that derogatory.

Feb 27, 2008, 11:17 PM

He missed out on a chance for a great college career because of injuries. He can still have a super season though.

I don't think anyone thought he was lazy, selfish, or had character issues.

"Better to remain silent and thought an idiot then to speak out and confirm that thought for everyone." - Mark Twain

Thanks for posting

Feb 27, 2008, 11:15 PM

and best of luck to Rendrick. Hope things work out awesome for him this year

Feb 27, 2008, 11:20 PM

i don't wanna meet that guy in a dark alley at night.........really though he could do well at linebacker!

Feb 27, 2008, 11:20 PM

he has lots of fans watching for him on the field and pulling for him. more important i think he is in the right place to grow as a person. thanks for coming to clemson.

is this help for Taylor or an attempt for someone to get

Feb 27, 2008, 11:28 PM

attention for his little blog

Taylor has been in big time football for a while, NOW he's realizing fans can be aholes?

why should he care, he gets to play football

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly what I was thinking.

Feb 27, 2008, 11:39 PM

Not saying it's right. Not saying I, or anyone else, should be a jerk. But Clemson fans have big time-butthole tendencies.

Why don't we just try to fix the problem...

Feb 27, 2008, 11:44 PM [ in reply to is this help for Taylor or an attempt for someone to get ]

It IS a problem. NO ONE should be talking trash about our own players.

there's nothing you can do about it

Feb 27, 2008, 11:54 PM

but we don't need some "fan" writing article like one of our players is crying to him

it's bad writing and it comes off like he's tooting his own horn, instead of helping a player

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was what Rendrick not saying poignant enough.

Feb 28, 2008, 12:05 AM

It had to have the author's preface in order to be sufficient. It seems almost degrading like Taylor wasn't good enough to have his thoughts alone.

I understand if Taylor is actually the guy's friend and he wants to defend him, but that's not journalism. That's like livejournal emo kid blogging.

I completely agree...But....

Feb 28, 2008, 12:49 AM

It doesn't really matter to me, nor should it to you. Now bashing Clemson players? That actually upsets me.

Did you think RT was being bashed?

Feb 28, 2008, 1:01 AM

I think it's a strawman argument. Coby occasionally pimps out his blog on here and I think the issue that I and the other poster are addressing is that this, journalistically, is pretty poor.

You know what I think is poor?

Feb 28, 2008, 1:41 AM

When real "journalists" create facts out of thin air from unnamed "sources". They write an article about Rendrick Taylor and don't bother to interview him to get the facts.

I posted something from the horse's mouth - at his request. Others have posted falsehoods, claiming that they are truths. Which one is right?

Feb 27, 2008, 11:32 PM

Please repost this in AM. So,those that missed it can see it. While not a every day visitor here , I haven't seen anything derogatory re: Taylor in here. Please forward that the majority of us Tiger fans appreciate his efforts and wish that his injuries hadn't been a factor in his career

Haven't read anything on this myself.

Feb 28, 2008, 12:02 AM

I have been totally absorbed into my daily grind and heard in passing today from a co-worker that RT was moving over to the D.

First thought that came to my mind was we need more kids like Rendrick on our team. Rendrick clearly has the heart to be an offensive star but is taking the risk to his future NFL status to move over to a position that he may not even start.

I consider this to be the ultimate team player, in the long run it may benefit him or it may destroy his future, but he is willing to do what it takes to get the team to the next level.

If you would please tell RT that he is now up in my top 5 of all time respected tigers for showing team leadership.

Rock on Tigers and to any that have posted or discussed negatively about this young man my you sincerely reconsider your actions and post an apology to him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LMAO at the fat hobbit and hot chick on the blog page.

Feb 28, 2008, 3:48 AM

Never saw that one coming. /sarcasm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where was he getting ripped?

Feb 28, 2008, 5:57 AM

I read The Donor Board 100% and Tigerboard a bit less thoroughly. Might be memory loss, but I don't recall Taylor getting ripped much at all. What I recall is that he's had a ton of folks pulling for him, talking nice about him and posting pictures of him MORE than most other guys on the team. So where was he being ripped and who was doing it?

In the linked piece, the author said Taylor chose Clemson when there wasn't much of a reason to do so. I miss the logic behind that.

I wish Taylor a lot of luck. I hope he gets to play a lot and that the team wins a lot of games. I hate it he feels underappreciated. Taylor, if you're reading this....NEXT time you run down the hill, notice the 80,000 people screaming their heads off. That's love yelled in your direction. We're with you.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wishing most reporters

Feb 28, 2008, 7:31 AM

'would be a little bit more responsible to get all of the facts before..', is like asking them to defecate a smell of Lilacs.

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic