Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Update from my son in Iraq...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,065

Update from my son in Iraq...

May 12, 2007, 4:19 PM

Keep him in your prayers please...

The weather here is just now starting to get pretty hot. We were only at 112 degrees today (lol) but it is getting worse by the day! By July and through September the temp will be as much as 145 on the hottest days! But what's really bad is we are in Humvees with no AC and inside the Humvee it gets even hotter because of the heat the engine blows inside! If you're in an Air Craft during a mission it gets up to 200+ I've been told because the AC in the planes don't work until it's in the Air. Right now though, it's already in the 90's at 0630 in the morning! Everyone I work with is CLS (Combat Life Saver) certified including me because we work outside the wire away from medical so we can give each other IV's if needed or if someone falls out!

My worst experience so far on this trip was last week when I was suppose to go on that flyaway that was cancelled. The first plane had an issue and was fixed so we took off and then 10 minutes had to turn around because one of the engines had a fire light going off in the cockpit! Ever since we had taken off I noticed we were flying kind of wobbly. During landing, we were coming in too fast and all over the place (the load master was telling everyone to put there sit straps on and hold on). It felt worst than a combat landing because we were swaying back and forth a lot. We bounced off the runway twice really hard, I honestly thought we were crashing! Once we landed I was fine and ready to go again though. We switched planes but never took off after waiting another 6 hours on repairs that never got finished so the Air Craft commander scrubbed the locations that required Ravens. 2nd worst was the first bomb I found off base because we almost ran over it with our vehicle which would have set it off (EOD told us that)!

oh yeah, I found two 130 milimeter bombs yesterday morning and I got picture with them after EOD came out and defused them. I'll send that to you as soon as I can!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

glad he is ok... but it cracks me up that he's like

May 12, 2007, 4:32 PM

"Hey dad. I found a bomb. I almost ran over it!"

I think I'm glad that when my brother was over there we didn't here anything from him. My mother would have freaked out if he told stories like that while he was over there.

Again, glad he is ok and will keep him in my prayers :)

God Bless!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

And a fine young man he is... know you are proud of him,

May 12, 2007, 4:36 PM

and well you should. The society that does not value it's warriors will be destroyed by a society that does.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks...know you are very proud.***

May 12, 2007, 4:46 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Update from my son in Iraq...

May 12, 2007, 4:47 PM

Wonderful son you have, I'm proud of him and I dont even know him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Done, thanks for the update.***

May 12, 2007, 5:29 PM

God Bless Your Son!!!***

May 12, 2007, 6:46 PM

Re: Update from my son in Iraq...

May 12, 2007, 6:53 PM

God Bless him........You take care as well. My prayers are with your whole family..Hang in there.

he has my thanks and admiration***

May 12, 2007, 6:58 PM

Your son has our respect and admiration. We will keep him

May 12, 2007, 8:15 PM

and all soldiers serving over there in our prayers.

Best wishes for his safe and speedy return home. *******

May 12, 2007, 8:34 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Thank God for people like your son. Tell him so, from us.***

May 12, 2007, 8:57 PM

Thanks to him....good man.***

May 12, 2007, 9:30 PM

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,065
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic