Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Challenge for all Tigers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1,225

A Challenge for all Tigers

Sep 19, 2004, 11:02 PM

I've read TigerNet long and often, but this is my first real post. I got back from College Station a few hours ago, and there are a few things I'd like to say.

First of all, there was TONS of orange in College Station. The Dixie Chicken may just as well have been the Esso Club or Tiger Town Tavern on Friday night. I seriously think that there were more Tigers there than Aggies. I had one guy say to me at the bar, "I've never seen a visiting team just come into town and just take over. It's like we've been invaded." My wife is an Aggie, so I got to hear alot of what they thought about the Clemson fans. They said that no other out-of-state teams brought so many people. Aggies are known for not only being great fans, but friendly and welcomeing to visitors. This weekend was no different. I know that every Tiger I talked to commented on what a great place College Station was to visit. My wife has always presented the Aggies in a biased light, but I have to say they have good fans. An guess what -- the Aggies said the same thing about us. I got so many comments on how much fun the Clemson people were. The bars were hopping with Tigers and Ags talking football. And the Ag's were always asking me, "what's with all these $2 bills I'm getting in change?" So, this weekend just re-inforced one thing for me: the Clemson faithful are as good as it gets in college football. More on this later...

Now to the game. I think that everyone agrees that our beloved Tigers have more potential than they displayed this weekend. We've seen them. The unbelievable FSU game last year... The total shellacking of the Gamecocks... and a Peach Bowl that let the world know that the REAL Orange Nation is in South Carolina. We're all disappointed in this weekend, yes...

but what are you going to do about it?

Are you going to quit going to games? Are you going to peel the Clemson sticker off your car? Are you going to quit wearing orange? Hell no! They're going to bury my @ss in an orange coffin with a big Tiger Paw on the top!

I could have gone to any college I wanted to, but let me tell you why I went to Clemson: It's the only place that welcomed me like a family member. Clemson is such a special place -- let's not forget that. How else can such a relatively small school fill up such a large stadium on Saturdays? Aggies couldn't believe it when I told them our enrollment.

Losing stinks, I know. But what are you going to do? Are you going to complain about it? Are you going to bad-mouth Coach Bowden and his staff? Are you going to point fingers at the players? You don't have to like losing, but remember, Clemson is a family. I hope the players and coaches read this. You aren't just my football team. You're my family. Just like every Tiger is a family member. Clemson Tigers will go out of their way to help another Tiger even if they've just met. I've seen it. And only family members will do that. I am so proud of that.

Again, losing stinks, but what are you gonna do? Really, what are you gonna do? What action are you gonna take? I feel like we're on the cusp of something great, but we just don't know how to turn the corner yet. Have you ever felt that like I have? How about this: Instead of talking, let's DO something. No one person has all the answers, but together (the fans, alumni, players, coaches, and especially the students) ...we are unstoppable. Let's take it to the next level as fans.

If you went to College Station, you noticed how loud and organized the Aggies were. They pride themselves as being the "12th Man". The Aggies don't complain about the yells like we complain about the woo-hoo. They don't feel like the "have to" wear maroon for the maroon out. Certainly, we shouldn't copy anyone. But, if we can just become a bit more united...

Now back to my point. What are you gonna do? There's a football game against FSU this weekend. Do you want to wear "Solid Orange"? It's not an original idea, but who cares? Do you want to get all the Tiger Fans to sing Ludacris' "Move B!tch" on punt returns? The point is, what ever we choose to do, let's do it UNITED and let's do it LOUD. And let's not stop. Ever. Think about what we can do in several seasons. Let's elevate Death Valley from "one of" the most intimidating places to play to the top of the list with a bullet.

So my challenge is this: Do something. Start something. Post it on TigerNet. Tell your friends. And don't dismiss any ideas. If you hear something you don't like, do it anyway. The point is to unite every Clemson Tiger. If you call yourself a Tiger, why wouldn't you? Let's send a crystal clear message the players and coaches that, just because they lost a football game, we're not going to quit on them. Ever. Because family doesn't treat each other that way. And let's send a clear message to every other school out there: when you take on the Tigers, you're taking on our family. Our Orange Blood is certainly thicker than water.

So, I'd like to get things started. Before and after every football game, home and away, we sing the alma mater. But few really sing it. This isn't American Idol, folks -- it's your Alma Mater. At the game on Saturday, I sat there and sung that thing at the top of my lungs in the middle of hundreds of Aggies. And I was #### proud to do it. My challenge to all Tigers is that you sing it LOUD at every game, before and after. I would love for it to be just as loud as the C-L-E-M-S-0-N during Tiger Rag. I'll be singing it at the games. Will you?

Remember, the next game is Saturday. What are YOU gonna do?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HOF post***

Sep 19, 2004, 11:03 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: HOF post***

Sep 19, 2004, 11:09 PM

#### that made me cry!!!!!!!!!!!! Go TIGERS!!!!!Beat FSU

Nice post***

Sep 19, 2004, 11:08 PM

Nice Post....I'll be in Tally this weekend.Supporting Our Tigers

Sep 19, 2004, 11:10 PM

And I will be sitting in the FSU section Hollaring for Our Tigers too.

1-2-3-4
1-2-3-4
C-L-E-M-S-O-N
T-I-G-E-RRRR-S
FIGHT TIGERS
FIGHT D@MMIT
FIGHT FIGHT

Message was edited by: pwr333®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

You get a BIG THUMBS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

Sep 19, 2004, 11:10 PM

dang, thats a good post\***

Sep 19, 2004, 11:11 PM

Amen TigerPat, Amen***

Sep 19, 2004, 11:19 PM

A

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This guy really gets it. HOF Post.....no doubt.***

Sep 19, 2004, 11:21 PM

Heck of a post!***

Sep 19, 2004, 11:25 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HOF baby - GO TIGERS !!!!!!!!!!!!***

Sep 19, 2004, 11:44 PM

null

Great Post!! I will always

Sep 19, 2004, 11:44 PM

Support our tigers, including players, coaches, and admin.

Nice way to start man...good job.***

Sep 20, 2004, 12:12 AM

Clemson_Wake_2004 046

"When you take on the Tigers, you're taking on our family."

Sep 20, 2004, 12:35 AM

That's pretty good.

null

Re: A Challenge for all Tigers

Sep 20, 2004, 2:19 AM

Incredible post man!! You got it dead right - that orange Clemson family is what it's all about. I might be down, I might be frustrated, but I'll yell myself hoarse again cheering for them Tigers!

Thank you

Sep 20, 2004, 7:51 AM

Thank you.

I love the "***

Sep 20, 2004, 8:36 AM

I love the "Move #####" on punt returns...****

Sep 20, 2004, 8:36 AM

Saaaaaweeet.