Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How young are you?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 551

How young are you?

Apr 27, 2023, 8:51 AM

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...." FM

I don't have a birth certificate, but according to my Mom -> today is my birthday.
My health remains good (but check back tomorrow as I am very old). I take no pills, probably because I have not seen a doctor in years and don't realize how sick I am.

As to my age, my Garmin watch keeps up with that for me and says this:

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the tug abides

Happiest of birthdays you coot

Apr 27, 2023, 8:54 AM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: How young are you?

Apr 27, 2023, 8:54 AM

I'm 61 and feel every bit of it after a 4 day fishing trip. Now going golfing for 4 days... I'll feel 71 Monday.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Apr 27, 2023, 11:14 AM

Pig® said:

I'm 61 and feel every bit of it after a 4 day fishing trip. Now going golfing for 4 days... I'll feel 71 Monday.

Love to be golfing for 4 days! Hope you play well!

MEG

Apr 27, 2023, 8:55 AM

Happy maybe birthday!!!

Apr 27, 2023, 8:58 AM

I'm getting older every day !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2023, 9:01 AM

I’m 82 and one of my girlfriends is pregnant will a little Dan on the way! Top that lie !!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2023, 9:21 AM

OK, I will try to top that since you told me to! I am 83, and three of my ten "harem" girls are pregnant...all of the ten, beautiful "harem" girls are in their 20s. I have had 12 kids in the last three years!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many of them

Apr 27, 2023, 9:41 AM

are going to look like 2k® that sneaky devil.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: How many of them

Apr 27, 2023, 10:04 AM

but he did not say the pictures were of his partners! Look again, he named his partners, but never said the ones in the picture were his partners!

I did say mine were beautiful, because I knew someone would respond like you did! LOL!

Apr 27, 2023, 9:12 AM

Happy Birthday young man!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy Birthday Tug!!

Apr 27, 2023, 9:20 AM

And, here's to many more!!!

Clemson: Academic Excellence! Athletic Excellence!

Re: Happy Birthday Tug!! I heard sirens

Apr 27, 2023, 10:52 AM

probably due to the flames from the cake. Happy Birthday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2023, 9:21 AM

Happy Birthday, Tug!

Happy Birthday!!! wishing you many happy returns.***

Apr 27, 2023, 9:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy bday***

Apr 27, 2023, 9:24 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2023, 9:25 AM

Happy Birthday, Tug!!

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Apr 27, 2023, 9:28 AM

Happy Birthday Tug!***

Apr 27, 2023, 9:29 AM

Happy Birthday,

Apr 27, 2023, 9:31 AM

River COOT!

Apr 27, 2023, 9:32 AM

Happy birthday, Tug! Hope it's memorable and fun.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2023, 9:36 AM

feel older.

10 years ago I was in the best shape of my life. I felt better than I had my entire life then. Got a crazy weird injury and can't run and nothing else appeals to me, so I haven't gone to the gym but a handful of times, I've rode my bike maybe 50x in 10 years. I've gained 50lbs since in 10 years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 46

Apr 27, 2023, 9:54 AM

At the age of 42, I was feeling tired all the time. Thought I hated my job that much to cause it. Had three squamous cells cut out over three years. Kept getting worse, with what I called walking pneumonia a couple of times a year. Finally went to the doctor (first time in 8 years), went through some tests (including two surgeries one of which was a thoracotomy (12 inch cut on my right back to remove a softball sized "growth")), found out that I had sarcoidosis. They started me on steroids, gained over 100 pounds over four months. The 60 mgs prednisone a day for three years saved my life, but caused a type of muscular dystrophy that makes it about 4 hours every day before I can do anything.

I essentially aged 20 years in a year! My mornings are still very hard, with the muscles not working for 4 hours, so I am hindered on what I can do. My afternoons are OK, and we bought our first motorized boat a couple of years ago (after qualifying for medicare!). We are now having the time of our lives going fishing/camping at Lake Greenwood one to two times a month.

What I have learned: there is always someone who has it worse than you! No matter what your health is, you can have the time of your life with the proper attitude towards life. Putting God first solves most of your problems.

To all that have taken the time to read this, you have been given your lot in life, your attitude will determine what your life will be like...God can change your attitude if you let Him! Have a great life!

Interesting...same thing happened to me at 32

Apr 27, 2023, 10:17 AM

Went to the ER on a Saturday night after the pain in my chest and back got unbearable. Sweating profusely all the time, particularly at night and having trouble swallowing food. Granted, I was healthy as a horse otherwise. ER does an EKG and tells me I'm having a heart attack. I said "Ma'am, if it's a heart attack it's been attacking for a few months." Then the nurse is adamant that I've been using cocaine, because a heart attack at 32 is highly unusual. I said "Ma'am, I'm not entirely sure that I've ever seen cocaine, much less used it." She did drug tests anyway. I guess I wasn't convincing enough.

So, they're calling an ambulance to take me over to Providence Hospital in Columbia for a hearth cath. In the meantime, I'm still in the ER getting a CT scan. Nurse walks in and said they cancelled the ambulance because they "found something". Oh boy, this can't be good.

Turns out I had a baseball sized benign tumor (originally thought to be Hodgkin's Lymphoma) attached to the outside of my left lung that was pushing against my heart. So, the heart thought it was being attacked...and it was, so to speak. Instead of a thoracoscopy, they opted to go down the trachea and punch a hole through it. Did a couple of rounds of some souped up antibiotics to get rid of pneumonia, coughed up blood for a few weeks, and have been good as new since.

Ya just never know.

Re: Interesting...same thing happened to me at 32

Apr 27, 2023, 12:35 PM

Great! So glad yours was completely "healed". Praise God for that! Mine started in 1994!

I Don't Have A Garmin But My

Apr 27, 2023, 9:45 AM

3-Way Partners, Candy and Sapphire Say I Perform Like a 20-Year Old, So There's That.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Don't Have A Garmin But My

Apr 27, 2023, 9:52 AM

Hey morbidtiger® is the one in the blue a tranny?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

How DARE you.***

Apr 27, 2023, 9:54 AM

Never in my life have I hooked up with tranny.

Apr 27, 2023, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I Don't Have A Garmin But My ]

But if she looked like that I'd st least think about it.

Apr 27, 2023, 9:58 AM [ in reply to I Don't Have A Garmin But My ]

I noticed that you said the names of your partners, but did not say that the picture was of your partners! Did you just get some other picture that was not your partners?

You Found Me Out...***

Apr 27, 2023, 2:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2023, 10:15 AM [ in reply to I Don't Have A Garmin But My ]

Woof, I say... woof...

Apr 27, 2023, 9:46 AM

Happy Birthday Tug!

Apr 27, 2023, 9:56 AM

Happy birthday!
I’m 23 - but this board sometimes drives me crazy and gives me some more future gay hairs.

As it should young man lol***

Apr 27, 2023, 12:01 PM

Re: Happy Many Returns!

Apr 27, 2023, 9:57 AM

I try to save a life a day, usually it is my own.

53, but my Garmin says my fitness age is

Apr 27, 2023, 10:04 AM

20, so I'll take that! My weight maxed out at around 220 when I was around 50. I started running. Couldn't even do a mile when I started. Thought I'd never do more than a 5k since both knees have degenerative meniscus (menisci?). But I live in a very hilly neighborhood, so I guess the climbs strengthened my knees and quads enough to compensate. Now, I do a half marathon distance (13.1 miles) almost every Saturday and run a full marathon distance over most weeks (26.2 miles). I'll keep active as long as my joints and bones let me! Gotta be outside and gotta be active. It's my therapy!

Happy Birthday, young fella! Hope you have a great day!

Go Tigers!

Re: 53, but my Garmin says my fitness age is

Apr 27, 2023, 10:49 AM

I took up jogging around age 40.
I stopped for the last several years to drink beer and be happy.
This year started again at 211 pounds.
I have entered a 5K race this coming Saturday, at 77 may be the oldest there (but I won't be last).

the tug abides

That's great!

Apr 27, 2023, 11:46 AM

I went from about 220 down to 185. Ain't gonna live forever, but wanna live the best life I can while I can. There's a Facebook group for runners over the age of 50 ("Runners over 50 - you are only as old as you feel") - there's people there in their 80s! Whether you're a runner, jogger, sprinter, or shuffler - it's all good and you're still lapping everybody on the couch!

If nothing else, you stand a great chance of winning your division! Good luck with it!

half marathon distance (13.1 miles) almost every Saturday

Apr 27, 2023, 2:24 PM [ in reply to 53, but my Garmin says my fitness age is ]

At 50 I broke the Half Marathon record for NC (guys over 50).

the tug abides

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Apr 27, 2023, 10:12 AM

🎂🎁🎉

(Note: emojis to aggravate that coot-loving poster classof1994®)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Apr 27, 2023, 11:35 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you have a great day!!!***

Apr 27, 2023, 10:21 AM

I tell you what I think about that.

Apr 27, 2023, 10:52 AM

I'm an older dude, but I bet I've played more sports and could run circles around that FM dude. Bet me 😂

I am 74 years, 6 months, and 26 days old

Apr 27, 2023, 11:10 AM

but who is counting ? And you are right about not seeing doctors and feeling healthy. As soon as you go, they suggest pills for this and that and tell you things that are wrong that you might die from. (BUT GO ANYWAY).

I Just Go Because Mine is a Lady Doctor

Apr 27, 2023, 2:48 PM

and well...it's a Lady Doctor

Apr 27, 2023, 11:13 AM

Happy Birthday Tug! Hope you have a great day!

I have been 25 for around 23 years now.

MEG

I stopped tracking my age many years ago…

Apr 27, 2023, 11:17 AM

I also stopped keeping track of all time in the man made sense. No watch, no calendar, no fixed meal times. It has been one of the best transitions l have ever made.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Tell the truth

Apr 27, 2023, 12:02 PM

You really just forgot 🙂

Re: Tell the truth

Apr 27, 2023, 1:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Yeah - we are pretty certain about your other transition.***

Apr 27, 2023, 2:36 PM [ in reply to I stopped tracking my age many years ago… ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Well, Happy Birthday to you! Hope you have a

Apr 27, 2023, 11:21 AM

great day!

Apr 27, 2023, 11:40 AM

Happy birthday Tug!

I’m 60 and have been fortunate to be in good health my whole life. I take one very low dose cholesterol medication and that is the only routine medication. Been taking it for 25 years or so. Occasional optical migraines but they are easily treated. I played a lot of basketball until about age 45 when I tore my bicep and that one retired me. Lots of ankle and hip injuries over the years. Hips and legs have been aggravating me a good bit the last few years but saw a physical therapist last fall and he gave me some exercises that seem to be keeping that under control. Now that I’m retired we’ve been doing a good bit of hiking this spring. Usually 5 - 7.5 miles to a waterfall or something like that. Also started playing golf again recently. Trying to play once a week or so. Looking for a cheap kayak so I can get in the water as the weather gets warmer. The key for feeling good to me seems to be outdoor activity.

I don’t go to the doctor unless I have to. Once a year for the cholesterol blood work and I did go last year to see what I could do with this hip. Colonoscopy last year was good so that buys me 5-7 more years there.

Very grateful for the good health I have enjoyed so far.

Apr 27, 2023, 12:04 PM

You’re on the right track YOUNGSTER! Nothing beats exercise. When you age and lay around on your A$$ all day you’ll age quickly. I spent
About sixty years walking loooong hours in the woods and it has paid off for me. I can still do it at 82 but those steps are a lot shorter! Stay active. Sitting in that lounge chair watching tv will shorten your life.

Apr 27, 2023, 12:27 PM

For a lot of years I had no choice but spend a lot of time sitting at a desk. I would get out of my office and walk around the plant as much as possible but there was a certain amount of office time I just couldn’t avoid. Now that I’m retired I don’t sit as much. Shoot, I even stand when I drink. That’s how I know when I’ve had enough….

Congrats, Happy Birthday, you share it with my youngest

Apr 27, 2023, 12:02 PM

son, who is 25 today, and his uncle, who is exactly 50 years older, 75 today.

Happy Birthday to all you April 27th'ers!

Apr 27, 2023, 12:31 PM

I am 75, exercise 5 days per week at 75 minutes each, and do not feel anywhere near my age - feel and look much younger! Lost the love of my life in my wife of 44 years two years ago following a 4 year battle with cancer - she was love at first sight and my best friend ever! All of my friends of around the same age are showing their age in appearances and health issues are present in most of them! I guess I need to develop more friends in the 60-65 range! Especially with those who are much more active as I am!

Apr 27, 2023, 2:19 PM

Happy birthday

I'm over 50, and on a weekly basis:

Run 4 miles twice per week
Do yoga or deep stretching six days per week
Lift weights twice per week for 1 hour
Hike 6 to 10 miles once per week with hiking group
Bike 14 to 20 miles at least once sometimes twice per week
Play basketball at least once per week

I'm also semi-retired so that helps

So you cover 40-45 Miles Per Week

Apr 27, 2023, 2:49 PM

You could do the Appy Trail

Re: So you cover 40-45 Miles Per Week

Apr 27, 2023, 3:29 PM

Yep, and sometimes more if the weather is nice. I have a friend who bikes 200 miles a week and is my age, I'm nowhere near in his category.

Apr 27, 2023, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Re: How young are you? ]

Semi retired at 50 has to help a lot of things.

Good onya Clemson Fam ! Happiest of Days, today &

Apr 27, 2023, 2:27 PM

every day !

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Apr 27, 2023, 2:40 PM

Happy Birthday!

Replies: 63
| visibility 551
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic