Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If DJ comes to Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

If DJ comes to Clemson

Apr 9, 2019, 3:24 PM

The next Clemson QB to (‘possibly’) lose to the uOFsc coots isn’t even in high school yet...

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

+1 for your perspective . . .

Apr 9, 2019, 3:33 PM

Just that one thought warmed my heart and caused my face to resemble Lewis Carroll's "Cheshire Cat"!!!!!!!

(Would have given you 10 TUs . . . but you got all I could muster.)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: +1 for your perspective . . .

Apr 10, 2019, 10:55 AM

TU for the Lewis Carroll reference...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one has won 20 in a row in this series. Why not us??***

Apr 9, 2019, 3:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

So you’re saying that QB isn’t even IN school, right?

Apr 9, 2019, 3:49 PM

I wish I could take down my post. I like the way you think!

????????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

We are a year and a half away from tying our record

Apr 9, 2019, 5:14 PM [ in reply to No one has won 20 in a row in this series. Why not us??*** ]

my guess is that we will beat our 28 game streak record against youveeaa

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No one has won 20 in a row in this series. Why not us??***

Apr 9, 2019, 5:56 PM [ in reply to No one has won 20 in a row in this series. Why not us??*** ]

No one has won more than 7, and it was us starting (Oct. 25, 1934, score was 19-0),(Oct 24, 1935-44-0) (Oct 22, 1936-19-0) (Oct 21, 1937-34-6) (Oct. 20, 1938-34-12) (Oct. 19, 1939-27-0) (Oct. 24, 1940-21-13) with all 7 of those wins were played in cootlumbia, and we never played the coots in Clemson until 1960. I guess they couldn't afford a bus, and they couldn't find a car big enough to get all their players in, or they were just scared to come and play us in Clemson!!!:):):)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its not impossible

Apr 9, 2019, 7:10 PM [ in reply to No one has won 20 in a row in this series. Why not us??*** ]

Other college football series have had such streaks before. (Like Florida beat Tennessee something like 15 times in a row)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: its not impossible

Apr 10, 2019, 9:28 AM

I get your point but, 10 A C and Florida isn't in state Rivals, just saying....

You must be a youngun.

Apr 10, 2019, 6:27 PM [ in reply to its not impossible ]

Check second paragraph of link:

https://clemsontigers.com/clemson-vs-virginia-football-game-notes/

Re: If DJ comes to Clemson

Apr 9, 2019, 3:50 PM

Chaos will happen in Cola. the next time we lose to dem dar coots!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chaos occurs in Cola daily starting around dusk!***

Apr 9, 2019, 5:20 PM

Apr 10, 2019, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Re: If DJ comes to Clemson ]

Absolutely, for sure both Goal post will be torn down and taken to 5 points, and several fans will get Tetanus from those old rusty goal post bc they have been plastered with spit from their fan base spitting at Clemson players over the years. Those same goal post have been spit and pisssed on since they last replaced them when the coots tore them down after beating New Mexico State the start of the 2000 season. Those ended up in 5 points where they beat each other over the head and body bc they were so excited of finally winning a game after 21 straight losses!!!! Twenty One straight Losses, 0 and 21, that kinda makes me understand their love for women's sports.

For all you young Tigers that hasn't really went back into the coot FB history, well through the 1998 and the 1999 seasons, the coots lost 21 straight games without 1 single win. They beat Ball state the first game of the 1998 season, and they did not win another game until the start of the 2000 season by beating lowly New Mexico State, that is when they tore the goal post down and carted them off to 5 points where they got drunk and began fighting among themselves, and Richland county lockup was packed by the next morning. The Coots are going to Coot!!!

Apr 9, 2019, 4:44 PM

It's amazing how fortunate we've been at QB over the last several years. A lot of programs struggle in that department. FSU hasn't really had an elite guy there outside of Winston over the same time period and longer really, and even Bama wasn't known for having elite quarterbacks during their current run before Tua.

I know Boyd wasn't perfect, but he was still really good IMO and capable of putting points on the board. We basically went straight from him to Watson except for a few starts of Stoudt before Watson took over, and after Watson got hurt. We then had 1 year of Bryant before having Lawrence take over. Now we're in great position to land another elite QB.

It remains to be seen if he'll live up to his ranking in college(not saying he won't or I think he won't for any who may take that statement the wrong way) but if he does then we're continuing to be in great hands. Most programs are lucky to have one QB like Watson, Lawrence, or even Boyd during their entire history, and we've been able to keep replacing one with another.

Re: If DJ comes to Clemson ///Long

Apr 10, 2019, 12:23 PM

Other's opinions of Tajh Boyd may differ from my own and that's OK bc each of us are entitled to our own opinions regardless of how different they may be but, in my opinion, Tajh Boyd was a dang good college QB, and he was ahead of pack at helping Dabo turn our Clemson FB program around and headed in the right direction... Tajh will forever in my life time have my upmost respect along with the most gracious thank you Tajh as I can possibly give to another person.

Tajh Boyd's courage and toughness that he processed in that LSU game after being knocked around all game long with some tremendous hits through all 4 quarters of that game from the LSU defense, and he would jump right back up with tremendous poise and go to the next play. I have been a Clemson fan for a long time, and I can honestly say that I don't remember another QB we've had at Clemson that could have taken the beating that Tajh took that night in that game other than maybe Woodrow Dantzler, And Woody I would classify as a RB/QB even though he was our starting QB.But Tajh took everything that the LSU defense could throw at him, and he got up every time with enough poise near the end of that game, and he led our Tigers down the field like a champion, a man on a mission, and bc of his grit, his toughness, and his heart, we won that game that I believe was the turning point for Clemson FB and Dabo Swinney.

After that game and that season, our coaches began bringing in better and better recruits every season since Tajh Boyd's last season at Clemson. The conclusion that I finally came to for the reason that Tajh didn't make it in the NFL, is that it must have been a bad year for QB's being brought into the NFL, and the know it All's ripping Tajh bc he made Dabo look like a genius getting TB to commit to Clemson.

If we are honest with our selves I personally believe, the people who talked down about Dabo when he got the job at Clemson, the very last thing they wanted to see was Dabo succeeding at Clemson bc they would be shamed, and they was left with a lot of double talk of why they said what they said about Dabo, and some denying they ever said a bad thing about Dabo... Looking at the LSU game, and other game with tough competition, Tajh really looked to me to have the talent to make it in the NFL, and my personal belief is that Tajh wasn't given the time that other QB's that didn't have the tools that Tajh had, and they made. And I believe that Tajh's height had a lot to do with teams not giving him enough time to prove that he could be a productive NFL QB!!!

OH, and Steve Spurrier just had our number, the ole veteran college FB greats in Spurrier just had our number with better talent at that time in Dabo's Clemson career, and Steve took advantage of it as he should have. What did the ole veteran ball sac do when he saw that Dabo was finally putting it all together at Clemson with coaches and recruiting!!!

Tajh Boyd sure played like a good NFL prospect in this game. But it's all water under the bridge now, and hopefully Tajh is doing good with his life after FB, I surely hope that for him, bc I did and still do love Tajh Boyd, and he is forever a Clemson man!!!

Even these guys were talking out one side of their mouth before the game, and out the other side after the game. I guess the #1 qualification to be a sports announcer, is to be a two faced S O B, bc all of them are!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvRzfCKRU38

You nailed it. TB10 will always be a Tiger legend, no

Apr 11, 2019, 12:54 AM

Matter how many stud QBs we are able to bring in, in the future.

Roar TIgers

Re: If DJ comes to Clemson ///Long

Apr 11, 2019, 6:46 AM [ in reply to Re: If DJ comes to Clemson ///Long ]

That's why I had to add this card to my Clemson collection. He is definitely in my top 5 favorites all time of Clemson qbs.

Oh boy,

Apr 9, 2019, 5:52 PM

that caulk loving coot GWPTiger® is not going to like this.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Apr 9, 2019, 6:34 PM

I definitely like the sound of that!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2019, 6:47 PM

It is no longer if or even when. He told Adam Gorney he would announce on his Mom's birthday (May 5th)and that Clemson was a virtual certainty.

Apr 9, 2019, 6:59 PM

He has refuted that claim on social media. Said announcing on his mom’s birthday is fake news

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not if, when.***

Apr 9, 2019, 8:18 PM

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic